2009 New England Patriots thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    A major ass-whooping by the Ravens' runners and defense.

Pats seriously need to work on the Def unit. And our running game suck.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    The only thing that will make this better is if the Ravens beat the Colts. That's all I want. With the intensity they played with today, I can see them going to the big game. Ray Lewis was an absolute animal today. Like Belichick said, the better team won. See you next year Pats.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Ray Lewis is an amazing athlete, and an all around great guy. I like the way these guys play football. I don't think any of the teams left can match them physically.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Ray Lewis is an amazing athlete, and an all around great guy.

....except for the part he played in that whole murder thing a few years ago...water under the bridge! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    i got free tix to that debacle and I cant believe i paid $30 in parking to watch that. awful game. i don't mind if balt wins, but for christ sakes give me an effort.
    I love to turn you on
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Ray Lewis is an amazing athlete, and an all around great guy.

....except for the part he played in that whole murder thing a few years ago...water under the bridge! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:

Yeah You wouldn't mind having R Lewis on your sorry ass Non Championship winning Eagles though. Like you said water under the bridge. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i got free tix to that debacle and I cant believe i paid $30 in parking to watch that. awful game. i don't mind if balt wins, but for christ sakes give me an effort.

i was reading they were having a hard time filling the stadium??
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Sad day for Patriot fans (and I mean those Patriots fans that were fans back when the team really sucked) ...

Mosi Tatupu, dead at age 54.

For those of us that remember, this guy was special, in the way that Kevin Faulk is special to us now.

Had his own fan club in the stands, "Mosi's Mooses" ... bunch of shirtless idiots, but we loved those idiots.

Tatupu made the pro bowl in '86, and was actually featured on the Simpsons!

Father of the Seattle Seahawks Lofa Tatupu.

He's been the inspiration of my fantasy football team name many times.

RIP MOSI!!!

333-MosiTatupu.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Mosi's Mooses will be missed.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I saw the last name Tatupu and instantly remembered his first Mosi just like that. I remember him for his play and he wore Puma cleats like I did when I played baseball.

Rest in Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    I'm interested to see what the Pats will do at TE this season. Chris Baker just signed with Seattle and Watson with the Browns. Something in the draft perhaps?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    We either need to change the thread to 2010, or start a new thread ...

Anyway, note about Welker and his knee in Peter King's weekly column, looking good ... probably shouldn't expect any less from this guy.

I think there's little doubt Wes Welker is ahead of where anyone thought he'd be right now, after February surgery on his knee and shoulder. Three months post-surgery, he was dancing to "You Should Be Dancing'' by the Bee Gees Saturday night at the Magic-Celtics game in Boston, and earlier in the day, multiple reports had Welker moving well and jogging through routes at his football camp in a Boston suburb. He's not playing opening day -- that would be way too quick a recovery -- but it looks like Welker could be back earlier in the season than any of us thought.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez