2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I've been so busy I didn't notice the patriots are playing my #2 team in the NFL the Ravens.

Now Kick some ass Patriots...Pats1.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This is scary with the Ravens with some OFFENSE finally, now how about taking OFF the day today :!:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

You're home GO for that yard NE.

new_england_patriots.gif

Peace

TOUCHDOWN! and Ray Lewis is still a Allstar beast.

Peace

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I really can't remember a time when I thought that the Patriots were not the better team on the field...maybe since 2001. They are still the pats so they might win, but it's a new day in the NFL.
    What a fantastic ballet interception right there. What's with all the pink gear today? Glad that player of the Ravens is alright.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    What a fantastic ballet interception right there. What's with all the pink gear today? Glad that player of the Ravens is alright.

Peace
    pink gear is for breast cancer awareness month...it's also a great ploy to make the NFL market themselves as if they care about breast cancer, and then sell a shit ton of pink gear. Obviously I'm pretty skeptical about where the money goes, but hey everyone's doing it. On a side note yes it was a good pick, but what are the Ravens thinking by passing so much?

This reminds me of the Cowboys when they have lost the last 2-3 years, Jason Garrett falls in love with the pass and forgets that his team can run all over any defense. Seriously every time the Ravens run the Pats overpursue and they get 5-7 yards...it's weird that they don't keep it up. Like I said the Ravens are better but the Pats are the Pats.
    P.S. Gaither is a real good kid he is the ex-b/f of one of my classmates at UMD, and she still says good things about him - sucks that he got hurt.
    The RAVENS is still very good this is going down to the wire. My neighbor up the street is in Heaven.

Peace

RANDY MOSS for some green his first of the year.

Peace

Oh My LORD WheeeeeW! THAT was CLOSE.

Peace

• there we go.. 3-1.. back to reality.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    g under p wrote:
    Oh My LORD WheeeeeW! THAT was CLOSE.

Peace

seriously! right down to the end!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Great win today. Needed this one to re-establish ourselves as a serious contender.

Brady and co. really getting better each game, and we have a huge piece of the D still coming back. :D
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Nice win today ...

Get ready to turn back the clock ... Adam Schefter just reported that the Pats are expected to sign Junior Seau this week.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    So the Pats get flagged for two roughing the passer calls in the first game against the Bills, both a bit questionable, ESPECIALLY the Wilfork one on Trent Edwards which got them out of a 3rd and 20 on their own 5 ... a "Brady rule" call ... and no one says shit.

Now, the Pats are the beneficiary of the same shitty rule and everyone is crying foul?

Suck it up Ray Lewis, you lost ... you pussy.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Not sure what Rodney was talking about on NBC as the guy went low on Brady and almost took out his knee...again. Stick with the Mrs. and do the dishes, Rodney!
    Not sure what Rodney was talking about on NBC as the guy went low on Brady and almost took out his knee...again. Stick with the Mrs. and do the dishes, Rodney!

and why did he blame BRADY? told him to take off his skirt?

Jesus, who wouldn't try and get a call to help his team win? Even if it's a shitty call, you try and get the refs to make the call to help your team win. STFU Rodney.

A. It's obvious that Hot Rod wanted to demonstrate his "objectivity" in reporting and pulled a tiki barber. At the same time he was right, Brady begging for that call was lame. If Peyton M. did that to WIlfork or Mayo you guys would be pissed and rightfully so.

B. You are kidding yourself if you think Ray Lewis was wrong...dude got pushed in the back and tried his best not to even touch Brady, you can even see him angle his body away from him and twist in the air as he was falling. As a person who lives in B'more (not a fan of the team) the Ravens do seemed to get F'd a lot in big games by poor calls/bad luck. It could just be that I hear it from the radio but there was the Pats game in '07 (which was like the end of the USSR-USA '72 Olympic Games), the two Steelers regular season games, and the Titans regular season game where bad calls/luck cost them. It's probably frustrating to say the least.

C. There was plenty of complaining about the late hits in the Bills game, particularly from the press unless you just ignored it.

D. The Pats also got the benefit of the refs confusion on the penalty and not even thinking of spotting the ball. Perhaps if they spotted it out of bounds the terrible angle for the replay would have worked against you and then the Ravens tie it on a field goal instead of dropping a 4th down pass.

E. Something's still not right with the Pats when they go three and out with a chance to win the game, that never happens under Brady (hence his silly 73-1 record w/ the lead after 3 qtrs).

So basically we learned that the Pats are still good, but that there are other teams out there just as talented as they are - if not more so. We'll see what happens w/ injuries and so forth from here on out I guess.
    P.S. Ray Lewis is not a "pussy" he could have ended Tom Brady's life on that run ;)
    edited October 2009
    RW81233 wrote:
    A. It's obvious that Hot Rod wanted to demonstrate his "objectivity" in reporting and pulled a tiki barber. At the same time he was right, Brady begging for that call was lame. If Peyton M. did that to WIlfork or Mayo you guys would be pissed and rightfully so.

B. You are kidding yourself if you think Ray Lewis was wrong...dude got pushed in the back and tried his best not to even touch Brady, you can even see him angle his body away from him and twist in the air as he was falling. As a person who lives in B'more (not a fan of the team) the Ravens do seemed to get F'd a lot in big games by poor calls/bad luck. It could just be that I hear it from the radio but there was the Pats game in '07 (which was like the end of the USSR-USA '72 Olympic Games), the two Steelers regular season games, and the Titans regular season game where bad calls/luck cost them. It's probably frustrating to say the least.

C. There was plenty of complaining about the late hits in the Bills game, particularly from the press unless you just ignored it.

D. The Pats also got the benefit of the refs confusion on the penalty and not even thinking of spotting the ball. Perhaps if they spotted it out of bounds the terrible angle for the replay would have worked against you and then the Ravens tie it on a field goal instead of dropping a 4th down pass.

E. Something's still not right with the Pats when they go three and out with a chance to win the game, that never happens under Brady (hence his silly 73-1 record w/ the lead after 3 qtrs).

So basically we learned that the Pats are still good, but that there are other teams out there just as talented as they are - if not more so. We'll see what happens w/ injuries and so forth from here on out I guess.

A. Are you kidding me? I've seen Manning act far worse than Brady did asking for that call ... far worse. It's trying to get your team to win a game ... and I did say it was a shitty rule.

B. Please don't get all Al Davis on us. There is no conspiracy against the Ravens. That whole game yesterday was called tight, on both sides. It's just that the Pats took advantage while Flacco was throwing interceptions to end the half and having balls dropped on him.

C. Find me one ESPN highlight with a Patriot on Sportcenter complaining ... ONE. You can't. This has had far more airtime than the Pats week one calls had, you cannot deny that. It's Brady, it's Ray Lewis. There wasn't one Patriot fined for criticizing the refs after week one, because they all say it sucks, but, thems the rules, let's move on. But, I'll bet a few Ravens get a note form the NFL about their comments.

D. Not exactly sure where in the game you are, but, on the final drive, the Ravens were down by 6, not three .... they had to go for a touchdown.

E. I will agree with the fact that the three and out with a chance to ice the game was poor. But, I never said the Pats were the #1 team in the NFL ... far from it ... they are probably a top 10 team right now with a lot of room for improvement.
    Post edited by jimed14 on

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    RW81233 wrote:
    P.S. Ray Lewis is not a "pussy" he could have ended Tom Brady's life on that run ;)

He is a pussy...now take that hat off.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

RW81233 wrote:

Did you hear him whining after the game?

Something along the lines of, "You think you have a stop on third down, and as you're walking off the field, you see the flag, it's a roughing call ... how are you supposed to come back from that?"

Are you serious? Calls like that happen all the time in the NFL ... you deal with adversity, you don't wollow in it.

I thought those comments were really poor for a team leader. I thought he was tougher than that.

• RW81233 wrote:

Ray Lewis ending a life...hahahaha. Funny. :roll:
  • RW81233 wrote:

If it was a bad call, I'd say so. I thought the other personal foul when a hand got up in Brady's face mask was ticky tacky. But regards to the going low call, watch here at the 16 second mark. The guy could have held up. Instead, not only did ge go low but he sticks his elbow out at Brady's knee while going down, which is why Brady is pissed. You're telling me he could not avoid sticking his elbow out or the very least rolling the other way? He didn't get pushed into Brady. He had a running start and easily could have avoided going low by his knee cap. It's a foul and he was rightfully called on it.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random ... re-babies/
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Not sure what Rodney was talking about on NBC as the guy went low on Brady and almost took out his knee...again. Stick with the Mrs. and do the dishes, Rodney!

and why did he blame BRADY? told him to take off his skirt?

Jesus, who wouldn't try and get a call to help his team win? Even if it's a shitty call, you try and get the refs to make the call to help your team win. STFU Rodney.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't realize he was joking:

Former Patriot Rodney Harrison appeared on Dale & Holley Monday morning to explain his comments about Tom Brady from Sunday night’s “Football Night in America” telecast on NBC. During Sunday night’s show, Harrison addressed the roughing-the-passer penalties on the Ravens in the Patriots’ 27-21 victory, and he told Brady to “Take off the skirt and put on some slacks. Toughen up.” Since then, Harrison has come under fire for the apparent criticism of his former teammate. “Oh, my gosh, it’s unbelievable, the kind of backlash with this,” Harrison told Dale & Holley. “Tom and I we’ve been friends for years. There’s no other person, no other football player maybe other than Junior Seau that I have more respect for. “I texted Tom and told him, ‘Hey Tom, I’m going to bust your chops a little bit at halftime.’ It was a joke, and everyone’s getting all bent out of shape,” Harrison explained. “This guy’s directly responsible for me having two Super Bowl rings on my fingers, and you think I’m going to call him out? It’s one thing to criticize a guy out if he’s not playing well. But to question a guy like Tom Brady, who I feel like is one of the toughest guys I’ve ever been around … It’s totally absurd, ridiculous, that people would actually think that I would take a shot at Tom Brady. I’ve had some 30 text messages and 30 e-mails [saying], ‘Some of the Patriots fans are kind of upset at you,’ ” Harrison added. “The one thing I do stand by: I felt the call was not a good call… as far as when I jokingly took a shot at Tom Brady, if it’s something that I truly meant, I would stand by it. But I didn’t mean it that way. And Tom knows that. We’re good friends. … It’s just ridiculous that people would think that.”
    If it was a bad call, I'd say so. I thought the other personal foul when a hand got up in Brady's face mask was ticky tacky. But regards to the going low call, watch here at the 16 second mark. The guy could have held up. Instead, not only did ge go low but he sticks his elbow out at Brady's knee while going down, which is why Brady is pissed. You're telling me he could not avoid sticking his elbow out or the very least rolling the other way? He didn't get pushed into Brady. He had a running start and easily could have avoided going low by his knee cap. It's a foul and he was rightfully called on it.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random ... re-babies/

thanks for posting that, I'm more inclined to agree with the call now ... thrusting the elbow at the knee, not cool.

67 shoved him on the top of the back, he starts going faster and moving downward from there so he wasn't coming that way completely on his own accord...I will say I didn't notice the elbow thing not cool. Although the thought of Tommy writhing in pain is always somewhat appealing for someone whose in-laws would eat the corn out of his shit.

EDIT...I've watched this thing like 15 times now, and he doesn't drop the 'bow until after he's by redshirt Brady. How about you/I try an experiment where you find someone who weighs 250 lbs, runs fast, get pushed in the top of the back and try missing hitting someone then lands safely. I'm pretty sure it'd look something like that, but I can admit that I hate Brady so I could be wrong.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4537139
    Does not giving them a fine mean they were right?
    RW81233 wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4537139
    Does not giving them a fine mean they were right?

no, the leauge didn't apologize, like thy did when Ed Hochuli screwed up that call with the Chargers and Broncos last year.