Options

Ed making the U.S a more dangerous place for you and I

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    The threat title should read "...for you and me." I is a subject, not an object.

Also, you will get some flak for this, not "slack." Flak means strong, clamorous opposition or criticism. Slack means something flacid or lacking in tightness.

That said, I disagree.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    The threat title should read "...for you and me." I is a subject, not an object.

Also, you will get some flak for this, not "slack." Flak means strong, clamorous opposition or criticism. Slack means something flacid or lacking in tightness.

That said, I disagree.

Are you serious? Do you correct all your friends, while they are speaking to you as well? Feel free to correct my grammar before responding. I wasn't the o.p. but I found this funny. ;)
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    irieinindy wrote:
    Are you serious? Do you correct all your friends, while they are speaking to you as well? Feel free to correct my grammar before responding. I wasn't the o.p. but I found this funny. ;)

As a matter of fact, yes, I do correct my friends' grammar. I found no defects in your post, thank you. :)
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    manchester arndale centre
    warrington town centre
    brighton tory party
    Often overlooked. The Manchester one nearly got my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. However because it was a rare pretty day they went for a hike instead.

Not really part of this thread, but good on ya for pointing that out. Too often people think that it never happened. I know that the Irish have legitimate grievances in regards to England, but let's not pretend that innocent civilians weren't bombed.

A lot of that IRA money came from here in Boston. It took a lot of equally shitty things here to make them stop funding such things.

OH: and on topic, who the hell can be surprised by eddie's speeches. Just read the damn lyrics to his songs. He's not exactly a moderate.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    anyone who thinks Ed makes the US more dangerous by speaking out against injustice,tyranny and lying sac of shit presidents/politicians is crazy and you have no fucking clue what it means to be an American!!!

Thomas Jefferson said "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" do you know what that means? it means patriots/Americans shouldn't blindly follow leadership,Especially if that leadership is a bunch of thieving,murderous scum like we have today,on both sides(democrats & republicans)
    speaking out against the injustice is NOTHING BUT AMERICAN

he also said "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance" do you know what that means? It means you are now receiving the government that you deserve.you thought you could just go about life not paying attention to politics and leave the scum in D.C. to lord over you unsupervised(except every four years when all of the sudden everyone is a political expert)now we all pay the price!! (what you reap is what you sow)

anyone who thinks bombing Iraq is a good thing is an idiot,plain and simple!

anyone who thinks we should blindly support our so called "leaders" is an idiot.if that was the case then we'd all be speaking with a British accent and America would have never been.

anyone who thinks speaking negative of the military is UN-American is an idiot! America has been slaughtering innocent people around the globe for a LLOOONNNGGGG time!!! We haven't had a justifiable war since 1776!!
    raping/shooting women and children,running over peoples cars with their tanks and laughing! all kinds of sick shit(throwing puppies off of cliffs), these drones have been brainwashed into being mindless killers. once upon a time American soldiers were seen as brave, upstanding hero's by much of the world. Now we are no better than the Nazi's.
    remember the Nazi's said they were only following orders too! not that I'm saying all soldiers are like that BUT... a lot of them are(i have friends & family in the military so don't try to tell me otherwise) and i don't owe them any thanks because i don't own any Haliburton stock and they surely are not fighting for my freedom!!if they were they'd be back here shooting the fucks responsible for the patriot act, military commissions act etc.

that is the biggest hypocrisy of them all "You should be thankful they are fighting for your freedom AND democracy for Iraq"
    GET A FUCKING CLUE WILL YOU!!! politicians are trying to take away our freedoms every chance they get.and if you think Iraq is better off now than they were with Saddam then you need to stop lying to yourself.
  • Options
    ummm........
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    ummm........

fascinating insight
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Phew. Reading this thread makes me relieved I haven't a constitutional right to free speech, if that's what it brings about.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    I have not read the thread, but the title of the post ensures this is the most idiotic thing to hit the board in quite some time.

Ewww....scary Eddie...harming the country...get a clue.
  • Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    I have said it many times the title for this post was a poor VERY poor choice. I regret making that the title. If I could change it so it appeared on the porch main differently I would but I tried several times and it keeps the original. Is there a way to change the title so that the new one appears at the main porch page?
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Vedder316 wrote:
    I have said it many times the title for this post was a poor VERY poor choice. I regret making that the title. If I could change it so it appeared on the porch main differently I would but I tried several times and it keeps the original. Is there a way to change the title so that the new one appears at the main porch page?

dude, it's your original post that's idiotic....not the thread title
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    dude, it's your original post that's idiotic....not the thread title
    agree or not, you just did the same to him/her as he did to Vedder.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    I Love Ed!!!
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Vedder316 wrote:
    I know I will probably receive some slack for this but it been on my mind for a few days so here it goes. A few days ago i got the Mansfield 2(great show!). I found what Ed said after whipping to be a bit out of line and it sort of pissed me off. If you do know what he said here is a abbreviated summary. After rocking out whipping he talks about a marine recruiting person being at the first Mansfield show. He then states how some of his best friends are marines and ex-marines and how he supports their work. He goes on to say that he has a relationship with the people there to see the gig and he felt that the marine recruiter there was trying to get them to "bite a poison apple" and "these are our people and we're trying to take care of them", "so there is no marine recruiting center out there, its gone". Ok now I am sure theres a good chance that the marines where not going to get anyone to sign up for the marines at a Pearl Jam concert but what was the harm in having them there? Its those marines and other armed forces branches that fight and die so that Ed can verbally criticize the leaders of the country he lives in. Go to Iran Ed and say some shit about their leaders in front of 15,000 of their citizens, see how that works out for ya. Its those great people that helped rescues victims of hurricane Katrina. Its those great people that keep our country safe ect ect. Now why would Ed want to prevent people from signing up for the marines? (no matter how small the contribution) The armed forces of today rely on future personnel to relieve them in time of war and relief, learn new things and ways to aid them in future conflicts, and to make them more stronger and safer in the numbers ect. Low recruiting numbers effect the troops of today in a very negative way and it angers me Ed contributes to that. Its like we should all thank him for the marine recruiter removal because we all agree with what Eddie thinks. Are there really that many puppets at the shows that Eddie can assume we all wanted the removal? If he felt that bad about a recruiter being there, fine, have them removed for the 2nd show, but dont announce it and assume we all think your a hero for doing so. I think Ed needs to lay off the bottles of wine and watch what he says at shows. It may come back to him some day. I applaud and respect the men and women who want to join the armed forces. I hope the keep doing it, in great numbers. They are the only reason our country safe with leaders like this.
    idiotic drivel.
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    Isn't that what a lot of people on here shoot for...? The most provocative title they can think of to spark debate and controversy. It's a dumb thread title and the premise of the thread is foolish, but look at the number of replies.

Once again, if you disagree with Ed, sit at home with your CDs or fuck off and listen to another band.

At live shows, Ed wants his fans to drink beer (if they choose), check out the music, and have a good time. If those same fans want to sign up for the military and die on foreign soil to make money for our corrupt government, they can find a recruiting office the following day.

By setting up recruitment stands at rock concerts, the military are exposing themselves as exploitative and desperate assholes.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    smile05 wrote:
    manchester arndale centre
    warrington town centre
    brighton tory party
    what's your point? I was responding to the guy saying that the majority of Irish people wanted the English presence here... never heard such a pile of bullshit in my life.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I guess you read the history books that says everything was going the way everyone wanted before December 7, 1941.
    :confused: nah, I read the history books that explained how it was a WORLD war and a joint effort by mainly the Russians and the Americans... I don't hear the Russians going on about how they 'saved my ass' :D . Also I read the history books that said Ireland was never invaded by the Germans in the first place :D

Get over yourself.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    what's your point? I was responding to the guy saying that the majority of Irish people wanted the English presence here... never heard such a pile of bullshit in my life.

Whats my point, from your post you asked a question, and i replied. No more No less.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    So the title is a poor choice, I agree.
    But actually it's fun to read this. There's something in it for everyone. We started out with a comment about the marines and now we're somewhere inbetween American history and WWII. Maybe someone want's to throw in a comment about the current gas prices?

I do disagree with your title and your comment and even though I am not American I believe I have the right to say so. How come you think that America is the only country that has freedom of speech? It's not the military that has to protect our rights, we have to do this ourselves. And this includes using our brains not weapons. Usually one wouldn't say that you learn to make up your own mind and think outside the box when joining the military.

You wrote that the marines are needed for other cases too, like earthquakes, hurricanes etc. I believe people shouldn't be forced to help those in need because they joined a certain group or chose a certain career. This should come from within and when an earthquake hits your home you should get up and help your neighbour because you feel you have to, not because you're a marine!

Also, I think it's Ed's right to comment this way. PJ don't own the venue but when people go to their concerts they will connect everything to the band. PJ don't sell the beer but if it's poor, you won't say oh, the stand at that venue sold lousy beer, you say the beer at the PJ concert sucked.
    - expirience often is a parody to the idea - (J.W. Goethe)
  • Options
    EvilRabbit wrote:
    Once again, if you disagree with Ed, sit at home with your CDs or fuck off and listen to another band.

At live shows, Ed wants his fans to drink beer (if they choose), check out the music, and have a good time. If those same fans want to sign up for the military and die on foreign soil to make money for our corrupt government, they can find a recruiting office the following day.

By setting up recruitment stands at rock concerts, the military are exposing themselves as exploitative and desperate assholes.

could not agree more!!

I do disagree with your title and your comment and even though I am not American I believe I have the right to say so. How come you think that America is the only country that has freedom of speech? It's not the military that has to protect our rights, we have to do this ourselves. And this includes using our brains not weapons. Usually one wouldn't say that you learn to make up your own mind and think outside the box when joining the military.

You wrote that the marines are needed for other cases too, like earthquakes, hurricanes etc. I believe people shouldn't be forced to help those in need because they joined a certain group or chose a certain career. This should come from within and when an earthquake hits your home you should get up and help your neighbour because you feel you have to, not because you're a marine!

you hit the nail on the head my friend!!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    :confused: nah, I read the history books that explained how it was a WORLD war and a joint effort by mainly the Russians and the Americans... I don't hear the Russians going on about how they 'saved my ass' :D . Also I read the history books that said Ireland was never invaded by the Germans in the first place :D

Get over yourself.

If Germany had wanted to invade Ireland (not sure why they would) they would just have to march in backwards and tell them they were leaving.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    If Germany had wanted to invade Ireland (not sure why they would) they would just have to march in backwards and tell them they were leaving.
    :confused:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    everyone loves peace, but we don't live in Fantasyland. There are BAD people in this world that use terrorism and fear. They hurt others. Sometimes you need to stand up to bullys (Saddam, Hitler, Bin Laden etc.). And sometimes you get bloodied in the process. I love Eddie, his music, his passion, and his patriotism, but I disagree with alot of his views. I think it's a little hypocritical to be angry at censorship (Chicago show) and then censor the Marines for their recruiting "booth".

Censorship implies that they contacted the band, venue, etc., and had it ok'ed for the them to set up and solicit enrollment in the military, Then after they were doing their job Ed shut them down because he didnt like what they were saying.

Ed had a problem because I am sure they were not cleared to be there and those are types of audiences that they prey on. Recruiting at a rock concert is such a bad idea, and Ed has every right to say that he doesnt want them there.

I thought the post about how he has friends in the military and doesnt want them to die was perfectly said. Our government misuses the military to further our agenda in that region of the world. It is so wrong to politik with peoples lives. I get so angry when I watch the news and another example of deceit is brought to light regarding our current administration. It still amazes me when i see Bush bumper stickers on cars. I could see how people voted for him the first time, but if was on my car you can bet that i would do and use everything to ensure that every particle of that "Scarlet W" was removed.

That is all...

Jeff was amazing on the VH1 show
    "Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
  • Options
    samicksamick Posts: 373
    Why live in fear..........if someone wants to get a "suitcase" bomb into one of the major cities and take out about 3,000 people they are going to find a way to that........and it is not because Ed didn't allow the marines to recruit outside a PJ show............
  • Options
    ummmm....
  • Options
    Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
    agree or not, you just did the same to him/her as he did to Vedder.

Thank you!
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    I don't know about you...But I think he made my world a better place with his singing on "Love Reign O'er Me" and "The Real Me" last night.

Politics aside...That Cat can really sing his fucking heart out.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I don't know about you...But I think he made my world a better place with his singing on "Love Reign O'er Me" and "The Real Me" last night.

Politics aside...That Cat can really sing his fucking heart out.

no doubt. just listen to 'love' and the sting of all the world's events feels less hurtful.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    now this may be off topic but it's amazing how many people can say the same exact thing that one already said and not even realize it... i really wish people would read the entire thread before hopping in and saying the same thing ten people said before...
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...