albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Bagged Milk is something i’ve never seen stateside...
    I’m from western Canada.  I’d never seen bagged milk until I moved out east.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Bagged milk? Like instead of a bottle?

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Bagged Milk is something i’ve never seen stateside...
    I’m from western Canada.  I’d never seen bagged milk until I moved out east.
    I looked it up, it appears to be mostly Ontario and couple other provinces .... I guess roughly 50% Canadians consume milk this way...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I think in costa they do this
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    They sold it in bags in British Columbia until sometime in the nineties. They don't anymore but I do remember it from when I was a kid.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    They still sell it in bags in Quebec. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The potato chip aisle at a Canadian supermarket is truly a wonder to behold.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    There's no better or worse. There are some differences. To me... this recent event sums up Canadians:

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dankind said:
    That is true....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    I have a question for our Canadian friends here.  Having been born in California but also having lived in Western New York State for two years and Washington State for 4 years and having spend some time or traveled through 45 of the states, I've noticed that the US has a number of subcultures that can vary a good bit. 

Some very general observations: Mid to southern west coast people are generally very culture oriented, easy to meet but don't bond tightly and are often fast-lane people.  East coast people are more traditional, stand-offish when first met but once  a bond is made it is solid.  Midwest people are generally friendly but a bit stubborn and often set in their ways.  Northwest people listen to bands like Pearl Jam and are stoned 90% of the time. :wink:

So my question, Canadians, is, do you find the same to be true about Canada?  Are there varying general characteristics of people throughout your country?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Funny, I always marvel at the cereal aisle when I go to the States. So many more varieties of everything
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I have a question for our Canadian friends here.  Having been born in California but also having lived in Western New York State for two years and Washington State for 4 years and having spend some time or traveled through 45 of the states, I've noticed that the US has a number of subcultures that can vary a good bit. 

Some very general observations: Mid to southern west coast people are generally very culture oriented, easy to meet but don't bond tightly and are often fast-lane people.  East coast people are more traditional, stand-offish when first met but once  a bond is made it is solid.  Midwest people are generally friendly but a bit stubborn and often set in their ways.  Northwest people listen to bands like Pearl Jam and are stoned 90% of the time. :wink:

So my question, Canadians, is, do you find the same to be true about Canada?  Are there varying general characteristics of people throughout your country?

There is no 'uniform' Canadian persona.

It's a combination of many factors, but people on the Atlantic coast are different from people on the Pacific coast who are different from people on the prairies who are different from...

I'd surmise that- among many things- geography is significant towards shaping the regional characteristics of the people there. But having said that, I don't feel Canadians are divided or polarized as significantly as our southern neighbours. Outside of an individual here or there and for better or worse, we tend to believe in and support social programs. We place priorities on health and education. We are comfortable with social assistance.

We have legitimate problems too, but they just seem smaller than some of the significant problems Americans are facing right now.

* The one difference I have seen over and over again is the service industry in the US is much friendlier and warm than in Canada. Businesses and the servers within these businesses in the US seem to genuinely appreciate your patronage. I'm not saying Canada is brutal, but I am saying that US workers tend to be more enthusiastic within their jobs serving you.

I say this with countless experiences throughout Washington State, many in Las Vegas, many in Hawaii, several in Boston, some in Los Angeles, and a few in Arizona. I'm relatively well-travelled within Canada. 
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    dankind said:
    Why?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Why?
    All of the awesome flavors that aren’t common in U.S.

Whole Foods has started to make all-dressed chips now, though, and they’re pretty damn good. I hate spending money in that place, but motherfucker, it’s closer than Canada. Ketchup chips are still tough to find in my area.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    canadians don’t know how to spell....it’s as if they get extra credit for superfluous vowels.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    dankind said:
    Hot damn really?!!! :hug:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Biggest difference?

Kinder eggs.
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Biggest difference?

Kinder eggs.
    It’s a no no for us to cross the border with them ... $300 fine.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Another difference ... the land border crossings, the US looks at everyone as a criminal.  The Canadian Border Security are like “how’s it goin’ eh, welcome to Canada!”
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Biggest difference?

Kinder eggs.
    It’s a no no for us to cross the border with them ... $300 fine.
    Really? Unreal but guns ...help yourself. And i love a kinder egg
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    'Muricans don’t know how to spell....it’s as if they are too slow to remember all the letters that go in a word.
    *Fixed

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    USA - about
    CAN - aboowt - not a real thing, sorry.
    I was comparing Texas to Quebec because both wish they were their own countries.
    Cheese fries is the closest thing we have to covering fries in any type of sauce.
    Aboowt is totally a real thing.  I've heard it with my own ears.
    Absolutely without a doubt no discussion about it, "aboowt" is definitely a real thing.

I had never even heard of it, before actually hearing and noticing it all on my own. Part of my job about 10 years ago was to meet with higher up executives from various customers that my crew delivered products to every quarter. One of them, I noticed kept saying aboowt repeatedly and it sounded weird as hell to me considering how everything else sounded normal. I said something about it to my employee (the guy who delivered there every week) and he said "oh yeah, he's Canadian." Of course that lead me to a Google search and the life lesson on "aboowt".

Other differences:

USA - color
    CAN - colour 

USA - favorite 
    CAN - favourite 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Ah Canadians spell correctly. Like us. Well im awful at spelling but you know what i mean
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ah Canadians spell correctly. Like us. Well im awful at spelling but you know what i mean
    :rofl:

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    erebus said:
    Funny, I always marvel at the cereal aisle when I go to the States. So many more varieties of everything
    I do as well, so many more choices
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I noticed usa has totally different chocolate than u.k
    Does canada have the same as the usa?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Chocolate milk taste the same to me ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

lol

Well the US' chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

In Canada... we don't have these awesome animals!
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited February 2018
    I dont' think the fastfood compagnies in Canada offer the "super size" option and it's a good thing. Who need a bucket of Coca-Cola?
    Also,what is this piece of clothing?

Post edited by Longueuil on