Options

The Donald for President

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Comedy Central USA. WOOT!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I guess that means that his show will go on hiatus?

I'm really curious as to how long he will stay in. He is going to get destroyed.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I guess that means that his show will go on hiatus?

I'm really curious as to how long he will stay in. He is going to get destroyed.

His show will go on and it will get a bit of a boost via his candidacy, and his net worth will rise. He's a smart man to do this because he needs more money. His net worth (depending on where you read it) is only 4 to 9 billion. What kind of super billionaire is that?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I don't believe it can go on....I'm pretty sure they will suspend it while he is running otherwise it serves as an endorsement of sorts.

• Options

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Frank "TV's Frank on MST3K" Conniff:

"There are no atheists in a foxhole, or, now that Trump is running for POTUS, on a comedy club stage. Sweet Jesus, thank you!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

I don't believe it can go on....I'm pretty sure they will suspend it while he is running otherwise it serves as an endorsement of sorts.

maybe he'll use his show to pick his VP.

Letterman would have had a FIELD DAY with this.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

maybe he'll use his show to pick his VP.

Letterman would have had a FIELD DAY with this.

He could use the show to select his VP and still not make a choice as bad as John McCain did.

• Options

• Options
  • Options
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/donald-trump-2016-seven-reasons-to-fear-119069.html?ml=tl_4_b

Donald Trump, you’ve already performed one campaign miracle. You’ve cheered me up.

Frankly, I didn’t think anyone could lift my spirits so quickly after the season finale of “Game of Thrones.” But Trump’s entry into the 2016 race has everyone in Washington smiling again. Especially the Democrats. How much fun did the folks at the DNC have over crafting this response? “Trump’s entry adds much-needed seriousness to the GOP field.” (Whoever came up with that line is just clever enough to be dangerous.)

Of course, the Democrats can afford to laugh, but the Republicans–well, not so much. And for seven key reasons.

#1. Money Talks

Unlike the other candidates, the wealthy real estate mogul doesn’t have to worry about soliciting donors, or crafting positions to appeal to special-interest money, or meeting absurd fund-raising expectations that they foolishly set for themselves. That saves him a lot of time to devote to his favorite pastime–self-promotion. If he wants to fight all the way to the convention, he could probably find more than enough money simply by searching the couch cushions at Mar-a-Lago for loose change.

#2. Expectations

He’s a nuisance, a hothead, totally unqualified, a spoiler. But enough about Pat Buchanan, whose surprisingly strong, populist, “mad as hell” primary campaign against George H. W. Bush in 1992 left the Bush faction reeling all the way to their defeat in the general election. That nobody thinks Donald Trump has any hope of winning a primary, much less a single debate, makes it all the easier for him to surprise reporters simply by doing better than expected. If Donald Trump can manage a clever quip or two in the first debate, poke fun at himself, and not set his lectern, or the moderator daring to question him, on fire, he’ll impress the hell out of nearly everyone. Besides...

#3. The Frontrunners Are Safe and Boring

You don’t spent 14 seasons out-grandstanding a pack of desperate ego maniac celebrities and not know a thing or two about commanding attention. With all due respect to Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, they can’t hold a candle, much less a soundbite, against the likes of Joan Rivers and Gary Busey. Trump knows how to take complicated issues and fit them into bumper-sticker phrases that can appeal to regular Joes (and Janes), even if they sound crazy to everyone else.

#4. The Ross Perot Precedent

A wacky billionaire with a hair-trigger temper and penchant for bizarre digressions decides to run for president. Where have we heard that one before? Oh, yes, when the allegedly nutty Ross Perot grabbed the highest number of votes of any third-party candidate in history, depriving Republican George H.W. Bush any chance of holding onto the White House against a candidate named Clinton.

#5. Voters Like Crazy

Speaking of Perot, this was a man who once claimed Cuban assassins had been sent to kill him. A man who dropped out of the presidential race, before dropping back in, because of an alleged Republican “plot” he uncovered to disrupt his daughter’s wedding. He picked as his running mate a totally unprepared candidate who at one point in the vice presidential debate confessed that his hearing aid wasn’t working. His campaign theme song was–and this is no joke–Patsy Cline’s “Crazy.” And yet H. Ross Perot was at one point the frontrunner for the presidency and still, after finding himself immersed in plotlines that would be rejected as too far-fetched for “American Horror Story,” managed 19 percent of the popular vote. In other words, one out of five Americans thought he wasn’t too crazy to be president.

#6. The Incredible Hulk Syndrome

As much as his fellow GOPers would love to mock and torment Trump, the smarter among them will work hard to restrain themselves. For one simple reasons: much like Bruce Banner, you don’t want to make an unpredictable billionaire angry. A third-party bid, railing against the GOP, could very well destroy whatever plausible chance the party has to defeat Hillary Clinton (who Trump has said he likes “very much.”)

#7. The Agenda Setter

As James Baldwin once put it, “the most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.” Donald Trump doesn’t need the presidency. He doesn’t need to win anyone’s favor. He can just let his what is euphemistically called “hair” down and let it fly. And because the press will love to cover him, he will have the other GOP candidates following one rabbit hole after another, depending on whatever Trump feels like talking about that day – trade with China, Obama’s place of birth, life on other planets, or the plotline of “Mr. Belvedere.” Candidates, brace yourselves. You are about to go on one wild, crazy ride.

Which makes the rest of us pretty happy.

Matt Latimer is a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush. He is currently a co-partner in Javelin, a literary agency and communications firm based in Alexandria, and contributing editor at Politico Magazine.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/donald-trump-2016-seven-reasons-to-fear-119069.html#ixzz3dGCqWwRC
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If he ran up the down escalator I would consider voting for him.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    HAIRPIECE '16
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    I suspect family values wont be a major plank in his platform.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    damn how many clowns does the GOP plan on putting up against the Dems , they all suck there is no way i'm voting next yr not one candidate is worth my vote no fucking Dem or Republican .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hannity was just loving him to pieces today.
    Supposedly so honest and bold, flying in the face of the PC crowd...what a joke.
    If Donald Trump was serious about being President he would have run for office in a position other than President by now. This is PR and that's it.
    The fact that throwing out the same tired old conservative sound bites gets him taken seriously shows just what a joke the conservative pundits have become.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2015
    If Donald Trump wins, the amount of AMT posts will combust and crash the 10c servers to high hell requiring months and months of repairs and all of us won't know where to post. :skull:
    It will be long, lonely nights with no 10c forum to communicate in.
    When the repairs are complete we will all have to pick new user names and avatars. Also all membership number data will have been lost so our numbers would be randomly assigned.
    If there is any concert announcements made during the repairs there will be no 10c tix for anyone due to the AMT overload - think about that people.
    So let's hope Donald doesn't win.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

• Options
    brianlux said:

Awesome!

• Options
    JimmyV said:

brianlux said:

Awesome!

LOL! Ever see the Twilight Zone episode about the guy who could make news happen by printing it. hehehe... That episode is based on fact! :smiley:

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

damn how many clowns does the GOP plan on putting up against the Dems , they all suck there is no way i'm voting next yr not one candidate is worth my vote no fucking Dem or Republican .....

Amen
  • Options
    :lol: I love The Onion.

Donald Trump is the Republican Party's Vermin Supreme.

• Options
    badbrains said:

Amen
    wait, you are Muslim, you CAN'T vote, right???

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

:lol: I love The Onion.

Donald Trump is the Republican Party's Vermin Supreme.

yes, this man caters to the lowest of the low information voters. the world just gave us a collective facepalm.

• Options

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I doubt anyone takes him more seriously than he, himself.

Also, I saw part of an interview with him and the hair (my god!) made me flash-back to the Seinfeld low-flow ep. Severe lack of the usual wispiness.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

Amen
    wait, you are Muslim, you CAN'T vote, right???

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    God damn it, you're right gimmie! Muslims get no respect
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    you ain't shittin'

can't wait for these debates.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10