Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Shawshank said:

Honestly, I think what resonates with people when it comes to Trump is that he's different. He's not the best, he's an idiot, he's egotistical...BUT...he's not the same cookie-cutter bullshit politician that people are so tired of. It's the same thing on both sides. I see the pile of crap they have running on the Republican side and there isn't a single person I care for, other than maybe Rand Paul (is he even running still?). If Trump didn't have his history, and the circus atmosphere, and making blanket comments about an entire race of people, it would be different. Someone that had that much passion for the country, could speak off the cuff, didn't need a teleprompter or someone else to write their speeches for them, said what they meant and meant what they said...they would annihilate everyone running for office. It wouldn't even be close.

He would also need a fact checker. Speaking off the cuff could work if he wasn't just making stuff up.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629

Shawshank said:

Honestly, I think what resonates with people when it comes to Trump is that he's different. He's not the best, he's an idiot, he's egotistical...BUT...he's not the same cookie-cutter bullshit politician that people are so tired of. It's the same thing on both sides. I see the pile of crap they have running on the Republican side and there isn't a single person I care for, other than maybe Rand Paul (is he even running still?). If Trump didn't have his history, and the circus atmosphere, and making blanket comments about an entire race of people, it would be different. Someone that had that much passion for the country, could speak off the cuff, didn't need a teleprompter or someone else to write their speeches for them, said what they meant and meant what they said...they would annihilate everyone running for office. It wouldn't even be close.

He would also need a fact checker. Speaking off the cuff could work if he wasn't just making stuff up.
    Basically, all other things being equal, if he was a good person instead of a senile creep, he'd be a great option. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

Shawshank said:

Basically, all other things being equal, if he was a good person instead of a senile creep, he'd be a great option. =)
    Pretty much. Hahaha
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    "New Poll Shows Donald Trump, Jeb Bush In Dead Heat"

Haha! This is getting good. Bring it on!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/11/donald-trump-jeb-bush-2016_n_7775390.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,629
    edited July 2015
    Go Trump!! :lol:
    I mean, either one would be awful, so we may as well get some entertainment value out of it. Jeb is dull as ditch water.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Go Trump!! :lol:
    I mean, either one wouod be awful, so we may as well get some entertainment value out of it. Jeb is dull as ditch water.

Go PJ_Soul! :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    brianlux said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/11/donald-trump-jeb-bush-2016_n_7775390.html

Heh heh heh our polls are rising...eh heh heh heh....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

brianlux said:

Heh heh heh our polls are rising...eh heh heh heh....
    Haha, gimme! Good one!

• Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Now really wish there weren't debates so he can keep his momentum.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

So is the silent majority keeping him in headlines?
    Are the debates going to be his downfall?
    What are you saying callen?
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2015
    I hope he is a troll, and i wish he would bring down the Republican dumbshits.

I have always thought of him as a complete clown, and I still do, but this morning I went on a 10 mile walk and had nothing better to do, so I thought I would listen to his speech from Saturday and some interviews he's done recently.

I have a feeling he's going to do better than what people anticipate at this point. I could be totally wrong, and a part of me hopes I am (I'm still pissed at the role he played in the USFL's demise lol), but If you get around his bragging about his wealth and how smart he is, he actually makes some very valid points. Not only that, but like I said before, he's not the cookie-cutter robot politician that people are so sick of.

I can't completely disagree with him on immigration. Everyone knows not every person that sneaks across the border is a drug dealing, murdering, rapist. However, he says what I've said in the past...it's a slap in the face to those that come from Mexico and other countries and obtain citizenship legally. He also said it's much too difficult to get citizenship and it should be made much easier. I agree with that as well. Securing the border and allowing people to immigrate here legally would also help vet out those that have criminal history and deny them entry.

On trade he wants better deals for us. Who can argue? That's what every country tries to do. He also wants to give corporations incentives to build factories and hire workers here, instead of outsourcing jobs. Can't argue with that. I doubt he can add additional taxes on items produced in Mexico due to free trade, but it would be nice to give corporations a reason to builD up manufacturing and keep jobs here.

He also hates Obamacare...but for all the right reasons. It's because it was mostly a Republican hack job that has been a boon for insurance companies. Premiums are still high...people have to buy...and affordable plans have deductibles that are astronomical. It sounds like he's more in favor of a single payer type system, with an emphasis on helping to make sure those that can't afford insurance have it.

He's also in favor of eliminating state lines when it comes to insurance which will increase competition and would naturally help lower premiums. Another good plan.

So his ideas are not necessarily bad. I wouldn't consider him far right conservative by any means.
    Post edited by Shawshank on
  • Options
    edited December 2015

• Options
    edited July 2015

callen said:

So is the silent majority keeping him in headlines?
    Are the debates going to be his downfall?
    What are you saying callen?
    Want Donald to get republican nomination ensuring. g democratic president so debates may end his run.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Shawshank,

Good info and agree not your typical republican. The ideas you relayed are many that have been presented in past. And by democrats.

As to percentage of baddies versus hard workers immigrating , would guess they are a very small percentage. I know and have known many immigrants and these are hard working family people. Find it's the second generation that fall for the got to have it now American way that have issues. So Donald is a fool for making this statement OR he's pandering to certain segment of voter base.

Am glad he's running. And shudder as I say this, but choose him over most republican candidates. Especially the Taliban Christians.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I'm thinking Donald could win......but it will be a tall order with Jeb Bush in the race, Jeb comes from a long line of politions and dispite what the train members think of the Bush family many Americans liked them, Donalds comments about the ilegals may piss of some people but he struck a topic that is actually on the minds of many Americans and in thier own homes they agree with him and that will turn into votes, Obama has many in this country wondering what happened and what's next ? so people are scrambling to find an answer to end this turmoile the country seems to be...they don't feel secure anymore, many feel to much is being taken away to apease foreigners and all you have to do is watch the news and social media to see that, Americans want America back simple as that and that will open the door for guys like Trump and Bush to make a play for the big seat, Trump talks like the opened minded guy next door and Bush will use his political training to speak but in a round about way they both seem to be promicing the same thing "giving America to the Americans" so this election will be one that should be interesting to watch.

Godfather.
  • Options
    I'll go even further out on this tiny limb I'm on and say he may win the Latino vote as well. If he continues his stance on making legal immigration easier and it's done in a way to keep out the riff raff (i.e. the criminal element) then that is a win-win for everyone.

The guy is a blow hard no doubt, but the knee jerk reaction to his statement about illegals came about because of how he said it. He's actually quite right. We do get a substantial criminal element here that Mexico does not want, and it screws it up for the good people. I would not doubt if Mexico has a hand in some of that actually.

The good people aren't making headlines...the murderers, drug dealers and rapists are. Control that element, make it easier for the good folks to become citizens no matter ehat country they are from, and you have successfully secured the border without having to turn people away. Then we all...immigrants included...live in a safer place.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I'm thinking Donald could win......but it will be a tall order with Jeb Bush in the race, Jeb comes from a long line of politions and dispite what the train members think of the Bush family many Americans liked them, Donalds comments about the ilegals may piss of some people but he struck a topic that is actually on the minds of many Americans and in thier own homes they agree with him and that will turn into votes, Obama has many in this country wondering what happened and what's next ? so people are scrambling to find an answer to end this turmoile the country seems to be...they don't feel secure anymore, many feel to much is being taken away to apease foreigners and all you have to do is watch the news and social media to see that, Americans want America back simple as that and that will open the door for guys like Trump and Bush to make a play for the big seat, Trump talks like the opened minded guy next door and Bush will use his political training to speak but in a round about way they both seem to be promicing the same thing "giving America to the Americans" so this election will be one that should be interesting to watch.

Godfather.

Gf:

Though I may not agree with these positions think you nailed sentiment for many.

Race may be very different after first debate though. The other candidates have much to throw at trump and if they become desperate and there are so many this will be fun to watch. Jeb seems like a very weak character next to Trump.

The Callen
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    callen said:

Godfather.

Gf:

Though I may not agree with these positions think you nailed sentiment for many.

Race may be very different after first debate though. The other candidates have much to throw at trump and if they become desperate and there are so many this will be fun to watch. Jeb seems like a very weak character next to Trump.

The Callen
    Donald better be on his A game for the first debates, I agree with you on that for sure that will be a good time to pay attention.

Godfather.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    I'm thinking that Trump will break off and run on an Independent ticket (is that still possible?)

He just doesn't fit the mold of the GOP and I think they will push him out at some point. He would run as an Independent just for spite and to divide the GOP vote.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Godfather.

It's important to remember that there is a huge generational gap. Young people don't "want America back" at all, they want a new America. It is the old and ageing that pine for the old days, viewing the past through a halcyon lens that obscures the racial, economic, and foreign policy problems that have continually existed. The boomers are not honest about the world they came up in... marred by civil rights violations and race riots, embroiled in wars with unprecedented rates of dissent, economic downturns and gasoline rationing.

The America that the typical conservative wants to regain never even existed to begin with.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

I'm thinking that Trump will break off and run on an Independent ticket (is that still possible?)

He just doesn't fit the mold of the GOP and I think they will push him out at some point. He would run as an Independent just for spite and to divide the GOP vote.

Can they force him out? Republicans won't want that wouldn't think. Split up the votes.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

It's important to remember that there is a huge generational gap. Young people don't "want America back" at all, they want a new America. It is the old and ageing that pine for the old days, viewing the past through a halcyon lens that obscures the racial, economic, and foreign policy problems that have continually existed. The boomers are not honest about the world they came up in... marred by civil rights violations and race riots, embroiled in wars with unprecedented rates of dissent, economic downturns and gasoline rationing.

The America that the typical conservative wants to regain never even existed to begin with.
    problem is getting the young voters to turn out, if that can happen then the election would be tottaly different,...who has the younger vote now anyway ? I personally fall into the old guy voting community lol!

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Godfather.

problem is getting the young voters to turn out, if that can happen then the election would be tottaly different,...who has the younger vote now anyway ? I personally fall into the old guy voting community lol!

Godfather.

That's the million dollar question! Obama got the youth out and won the popular vote for it, I don't think Hillary can do so. She has less charisma than a pet rock. Bernie could secure the youth vote and draw us to the polls because he is a true progressive and means what he says about issues like student loans.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    callen said:

Can they force him out? Republicans won't want that wouldn't think. Split up the votes.
    They can't force him out but if they all gang up on him (especially if he stays in the top 3) my guess is that he will bolt.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    What's sad is, he says things in a really stupid way. That's going to kill him. His stance on the issues though is pretty middle of the road and actually leans slightly left. I mean look at what he says about healthcare, corporations, making legal immigration easier, even going back to 2003-2004 he was totally against the Iraq war, when most...Dems included...were for it. If people would ever be able to get past the circus image...which they won't...he would destroy the other candidates. It wouldn't even be close. But he's made his bed now, and it's probably screwed him in the long haul.
  • Options
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/trump-calls-fbi-over-threats-from-mexican-drug-cartel-im-gonna-make-you-swallow-your-btch-words/

now "The Donald" is calling the FBI for assistance....dumbass

I don't wish death on anyone but getting on the bad side of a Mexican drug cartel is a really bad idea. He couldn't control his stupid fucking mouth (again)

• Options

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/trump-calls-fbi-over-threats-from-mexican-drug-cartel-im-gonna-make-you-swallow-your-btch-words/

now "The Donald" is calling the FBI for assistance....dumbass

I don't wish death on anyone but getting on the bad side of a Mexican drug cartel is a really bad idea. He couldn't control his stupid fucking mouth (again)

it's a shame that a murdering drug cartel has that juice, I'm also kind of surprised that they would put themselfs out in the open over a comment.

Godfather.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dude sounds like a loon.

I just keep seeing this.
This discussion has been closed.