Options

The Donald for President

1848586878890»

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    I should know better than to venture into these threads, but.....

Do you anti -Trump guys believe (as I do) that President Cruz is an even scarier proposition?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    Smellyman said:

Looking at some of you....

Not an actual quote supposedly but it sounds too likely to not be true

Yeah, he never said that. I did see an old video where he said that he could win by saying whatever the fuck the voters needed to hear at the time, but I can't find it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Wobbie said:

Do you anti -Trump guys believe (as I do) that President Cruz is an even scarier proposition?

In a way, maybe. But Ted Cruz would be predictable in that way most politicians are. Donald Trum would be a loose cannon. We can't really know for sure what his administration would look like or how it would act.

For many that is part of his appeal. For me that is scary.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    JimmyV said:

Wobbie said:

In a way, maybe. But Ted Cruz would be predictable in that way most politicians are. Donald Trum would be a loose cannon. We can't really know for sure what his administration would look like or how it would act.

For many that is part of his appeal. For me that is scary.
    I think Ted Cruz might actually be evil or something. That is worse than Trump. Trump is embarrassing, but Cruz is more dangerous. I wouldn't really expect Trump to do really sinister, underhanded shit under the right circumstances. I would expect that of Cruz.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    edited February 2016
    Wobbie said:

Yes, probably.... but that doesn't make me feel good about Trump. Do you think Trump is scary? I do because I think he brings out visceral, negative feelings in people. Do I think he will start launching nuclear warheads? No, not at all. But I do think he will say or do whatever it is that allows him to 'win'. And that type of blatant narcissism is unappealing to me.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Wobbie said:

So your ruling out Clinton or Sanders as the next prez you believe it will be trump ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

easy out...Hatred, so because I think she has the class of a rodent I'm blind with hate ? it must really suck to be the follower of a president and his wife who have no business in politics.

Godfather.

no business? You mean winning two presidential elections isn't the "business"?
    no it mean the people who voted for him were duped.

Godfather.

• Options

easy out...Hatred, so because I think she has the class of a rodent I'm blind with hate ? it must really suck to be the follower of a president and his wife who have no business in politics.

Godfather.

Please enlighten us with your definition of class in reference to 1st ladies ?
    enlightenment ?......it's too late for that.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Wobbie said:

Yes....out of the lot I would prefer Kasich but definitely Trump over Cruz. Trump is a democrat basically.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Godfather.

no business? You mean winning two presidential elections isn't the "business"?
    no it mean the people who voted for him were duped.

Godfather.

I wasn't duped. Your opinion might be that I was but I certainly wasn't.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I'll try to find a video. There is at least audio of Trump praising Romney back when he was running. Now Trump is ripping him to shreds because he backed Rubio.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315

Godfather.

Godfather.
    You should be a politician you never have answers for your rhetoric !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.
    kop out answer
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938

I'll try to find a video. There is at least audio of Trump praising Romney back when he was running. Now Trump is ripping him to shreds because he backed Rubio.

Didn't he endorse Romney?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

So...nothing about her positions on issues or what she has done nationally or internationally. Only some marginally unflattering photos... So is this sexist, superficial, misogynistic, shallow...all of the above? Let us know when you come up with something less ass-holic in nature.
    HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAAH ......defeat has been delivered directly and the only retaliation is (ass-holic), usamamasan1 just handed you your walking papers LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Didn't he endorse Romney?
    YES!!! Big time...

• Options

mrussel1 said:

So...nothing about her positions on issues or what she has done nationally or internationally. Only some marginally unflattering photos... So is this sexist, superficial, misogynistic, shallow...all of the above? Let us know when you come up with something less ass-holic in nature.
    HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAAH ......defeat has been delivered directly and the only retaliation is (ass-holic), usamamasan1 just handed you your walking papers LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.
    This makes zero sense. You still haven't articulated anything meaningful about what is wrong with Michelle Obama or how she denigrates the office. And please never type LOL again. You embarrass yourself.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So what's the conversation? How Michelle Obama wore slightly unusual sandals once?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So what's the conversation? How Michelle Obama wore slightly unusual sandals once?

Yes, it's that stupid.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    So a thread about Donald Trump and politics is turned into a bash the first lady thread? Is that where we are?
    Closed for review...no new threads on this topic.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.