Police abuse

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,165
    g under p said:

He's been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter

if it were not on video he would have been charged with nothing.

i am going to start filming cops.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard somewhere on the news where there's an app that you just push a button it starts to record then automatically uploads the video to YouTube. That's in case a officer tries to confiscate your phone or tries to destroys it....the video is already been uploaded. I think it's called something like You Watch?

Anybody heard of this app.

Peace

I looked into it and there's many of them from Cop Block to this one.....

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/best-police-recording-apps-securely-record-police-encounters-android-and-ios-without-fear-officers

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    When I came home during lunch today, there was a pursuit on the local news. Woman who failed to yield, oddly observant driving (vs the assholes who just fly through intersections and the like). They executed a perfect pit-maneuver, and once she was out of the car and secured - even before, since there seemed to be a communication issue - the officers appeared to be gentle and concerned for her.

Then two of the cops high-fived each other - I saw it as "yeah! Went down with no harm, no foul to anyone". It was pretty cool to see.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2015
    Yeah it is hard to watch and the footage and a bit dsgusting at first then when you really think about it what the guy was doing I mean really what did he expect and the Cop did what he had to do and atleast people lived so problem dissolved there.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_it said:

Yeah it is hard to watch and the footage and a bit dsgusting at first then when you really think about it what the guy was doing I mean really what did he expect and the Cop did what he had to do and atleast people lived so problem dissolved there.

I respect this post.

I respect it because initially I got the impression you felt differently. Now it seems upon further reflection, you have come to another point of view- it's not signalling that you have abandoned your value system.

Many here- including myself at times- become very rigid in our positions. This is not an ideal quality. Changing your point of view after discussion demonstrates much.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    i_lov_it said:

I wonder if the officers already knew this guy had robbed a convenience store, set a church on fire, broke into a home, stole their car and then drove to wally world to steal a gun, all prior to him being run over that day.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    edited April 2015

i_lov_it said:

I respect this post.

I respect it because initially I got the impression you felt differently. Now it seems upon further reflection, you have come to another point of view- it's not signalling that you have abandoned your value system.

Many here- including myself at times- become very rigid in our positions. This is not an ideal quality. Changing your point of view after discussion demonstrates much.
    Yeah of course I see where your coming from but my point of view has not changed and I'm sorry you ***FEEL*** that way...So upon further "Reflection" of this incident I was CLEARLY just extending on what I said.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_it said:

i_lov_it said:

I respect this post.

Yeah of course I see where your coming from but my point of view has not changed and I'm sorry you ***FEEL*** that way...So upon further "Reflection" of this incident I was CLEARLY just extending on what I said.
    Maybe read those two posts of yours and note the differences within them. You might then be able to understand how a reader could think you had changed your perspective.

This post is weird given the pm you sent me.

i_lov_it said:

i_lov_it said:

I respect this post.

Maybe read those two posts of yours and note the differences within them. You might then be able to understand how a reader could think you had changed your perspective.

Just simply Thanking you for your honesty mate no "Dramas"...and that's right is your avatar pic Pike Place?
  • i_lov_it said:

i_lov_it said:

i_lov_it said:

I respect this post.

Just simply Thanking you for your honesty mate no "Dramas"...and that's right is your avatar pic Pike Place?
    Pike Place... correct!

It's the Eddie Vedder solo show poster when he performed at the Benaroyal Hall.

* With regards to the other stuff... all is good (I hope).
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,859
    can they go to jail for killing a fetus?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Sure they could, only if the pregnant mental was not being a threat to others and the responding officers by not dropping a KNIFE. Don't forget that teeny weeny detail….Good Grief!!!!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,859
    muskydan said:

Sure they could, only if the pregnant mental was not being a threat to others and the responding officers by not dropping a KNIFE. Don't forget that teeny weeny detail….Good Grief!!!!
    why didn't they tase her? why did they have to kill her?

you don't murder someone in the middle of a mental breakdown who is hospitalized for a mental breakdown...

more and more i find it very difficult to believe that policemen are always in fear for their lives. all those lethal and non lethal weapons, all that ammo, all that backup that is a walkie call away. seems to me more and more that police actually escalate the situation when they arrive.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    muskydan said:

"...pregnant mental"?? I just hope that was a typo and not your view of this individual.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

muskydan said:

"...pregnant mental"?? I just hope that was a typo and not your view of this individual.
    You really don't know this guy then
  • riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,893

muskydan said:

you don't murder someone in the middle of a mental breakdown who is hospitalized for a mental breakdown...

more and more i find it very difficult to believe that policemen are always in fear for their lives. all those lethal and non lethal weapons, all that ammo, all that backup that is a walkie call away. seems to me more and more that police actually escalate the situation when they arrive.
    Police training is 'shoot to kill', right? That speaks to the notion that the police are "at war" with citizens, imo. . If that is the training then, clearly, we need to change the training so we can change the mentality.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Police training is 'shoot to kill', right? That speaks to the notion that the police are "at war" with citizens, imo. . If that is the training then, clearly, we need to change the training so we can change the mentality.
    I disagree with that notion. I don't think shooting to kill means cops are at war with citizens. At what point do the criminals take responsibility for their actions?
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

I disagree with that notion. I don't think shooting to kill means cops are at war with citizens. At what point do the criminals take responsibility for their actions?
    Balance of threat and response is off. Many cops and one person without a Gun should never result in death.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,893

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Clearly there is a problem that needs to be addressed within the police community. Nothing that says you can't reexamine how you interact and relate to the citizens for the safety and protection of all.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Clearly there is a problem that needs to be addressed within the police community. Nothing that says you can't reexamine how you interact and relate to the citizens for the safety and protection of all.
    Clearly you don't understand when an individual comes after a citizen or a police officer w/ any sort of weapon that can maim or kill expect the police to use any force necessary to eliminate the threat which often times turns out very badly for an offender...mentally challenged , pregnant, female, 90 years old, 10 years old, ect....all the above can and have killed innocents and police.
  • It's that behavior, that I expect from cops…
    It's become so commonplace to see the less than good police stories in the news, that seeing one of maturity and respect for life is "making the news".
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Wow, great find.

Can we clone this cop?

It's that behavior, that I expect from cops…
    It's become so commonplace to see the less than good police stories in the news, that seeing one of maturity and respect for life is "making the news".
    It pretty much is the same in all types of stories. So much bad shit going on that presenting the the good that happens regularly is spotlighted.

Reminds me of Chris Rock's deadbeat-dad bit.

Nature of the media beast, I guess.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2015
    muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Clearly you don't understand when an individual comes after a citizen or a police officer w/ any sort of weapon that can maim or kill expect the police to use any force necessary to eliminate the threat which often times turns out very badly for an offender...mentally challenged , pregnant, female, 90 years old, 10 years old, ect....all the above can and have killed innocents and police.
    "Any force" is the problem and thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally stop police from just using "Any Force".
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

"Any force" is the problem and thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally stop police from just using "Any Force".
    Thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally show what force seemingly regular citizens are capable of doing to police.
    callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Right, hopefully departments will also supply its officers w/ capes and a cute tights so they can do all the nifty non-lethal shit you see in the movies and TV that super heros perform to get the bad guy. Perhaps some advanced dodging knives and bats classes or a catching bullets with your teeth seminar will be included too after the adopt a thug luncheon.
    Soon enough liberal society will get the Kind of policing they are demanding...all I got to say is be careful what you wish for when the bad guy no longer fears the No Good Poo-leece.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol true but
This discussion has been closed.