• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

I'll ask again as i did on the other thread , when was the last time we saw a white family sitting there asking why was their family member shot dead by a cop , i cant seem to find any ....

HMMMMMM, I wonder why that is….
    Well go ahead why don't you say it you seem to have all the answers please enlighten me
    Or better yet what do you thing about this incident
    No Freakin way!!!! Good luck figuring out this conundrum
    Not an answer Dan. You made the comment, let's have some specifics.

No freakin way Brian….I should not have commented cause I would love to hear some answers from Jose question that he seeks…so please carry on
    That's all you got for goodness sake your s cop or at least you claim to be one , I asked what do you think about this particular incident ...
    No freakin way….I have learned my lesson being honest on here. Besides, Many of you have already established that I am a phony so what does it matter??? Anyhow, carry on and good luck with the answers to your question. I look forward to learning a little something ...

At this point, your unwillingness to comment leads to the obvious assumption that you are in opposition to the clear consensus that this gentleman was murdered and the officer tampered with the evidence and falsified his report.
    Really? Now you're speaking for him??? This place is just plain laughable sometimes.
    It's an assumption... You know what an assumption is. Some might say it makes an ass out of me... I disagree.
    Sometimes silence speaks volumes, if Musky wants to clarify he is free to do so. If he doesn't, that's fine too, especially since he's having a tough week in his life. I wanted to draw him into this fracas, but thought better of it, now that he has poked his head in, I think it's fair to ask his opinion. It's fair for him to decline as well, but that will leave room for assumption, good or bad, right or wrong...that's just how it is.

OK. You go ahead and have fun with your assumptions. What a joke.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

I'll ask again as i did on the other thread , when was the last time we saw a white family sitting there asking why was their family member shot dead by a cop , i cant seem to find any ....

Well go ahead why don't you say it you seem to have all the answers please enlighten me

No freakin way Brian….I should not have commented cause I would love to hear some answers from Jose question that he seeks…so please carry on
    That's all you got for goodness sake your s cop or at least you claim to be one , I asked what do you think about this particular incident ...
    No freakin way….I have learned my lesson being honest on here. Besides, Many of you have already established that I am a phony so what does it matter??? Anyhow, carry on and good luck with the answers to your question. I look forward to learning a little something ...
    Listen my brother in law is a retired NYPD I hold total respect for the line of work we are all trying to get our heads around this particular incident , how can you just sit there and not give your opinion ....man talk about a no show
    In the past when he has, he has been severly flamed and personally attacked. Cant say i blame him for his silence, but I would not have entered the discussion at all, especially with the suggestive wording used in that post.

Hey Hugh, let's be fair here, ya I've attacked him relentlessly. When someone makes a claim about an incident that no one can seem to find anywhere, I'm gonna call them out on it. It amazes me that some of you would actually have an issue with this. And people have seen what this so called public servant thinks about a certain color of people or religion. I'm actually shocked that anyone would find it a problem calling someone out on posts that are supposedly factual but yet no where to be found.

Edit-and to be really fair, I'm pretty much the only guy who's gone on to call him out so if you're gonna point the finger at someone, at least point it at that person directly.
    I wasn't saying I had an issue with anything. just stating what I have seen.

as an aside: just because you can't find something on the internet, doesn't mean it didn't happen. A friend of mine is a cop, and he once told me it would make my jaw drop the stuff that the media/police agency doesn't release about criminal activity in the "best interests of society".

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Listen my brother in law is a retired NYPD I hold total respect for the line of work we are all trying to get our heads around this particular incident , how can you just sit there and not give your opinion ....man talk about a no show
    In the past when he has, he has been severly flamed and personally attacked. Cant say i blame him for his silence, but I would not have entered the discussion at all, especially with the suggestive wording used in that post.

Really all I did was ask him his opinion on this incident , why wouldn't we want to hear his opinion as I can remember he always bad mouths the ghetto community's ...you know what it's ok I shouldn't of expected any difference ....
    my statement "but I would not have entered the discussion at all, especially with the wording used in that post" was directed at him, not you. to come out and say "hmmmm.....I wonder why" and then refuse to elaborate is asking for flaming.

but people making huge assumptions (not you) because he chooses not to speak up is a bit much.

www.headstonesband.com

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    At this point the question is: "What was this discussion about?"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

no kidding.

www.headstonesband.com

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Thank you, Hugh.

We do get off on tangents! Off to work, catch you all on the flip side.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Musky don't like black people. Thinks they are criminals and deserve what they get. And he's a cop. That's the point.

Not making assumptions and would bet he's agreeing with my post as do many here. Hate this pussy footing around.

Through all this just feel so fortunate to be born WMA. Think I'll crank this now. He won the loterrrry.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

Musky don't like black people. Thinks they are criminals and deserve what they get. And he's a cop. That's the point.

Not making assumptions and would bet he's agreeing with my post as do many here. Hate this pussy footing around.

Through all this just feel so fortunate to be born WMA. Think I'll crank this now. He won the loterrrry.

well there goes that thread.

www.headstonesband.com

callen said:

well there goes that thread.

Why?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Here we go. I should just be grateful i was born white and keep my mouth shut. People of color have it way worse than me and I should just be glad I had the opportunities from being white. I am fucking tired of the that bullshit. I worked hard for everything I have. I joined the Army and seen black NCOs favor black soldiers, did that make me not work hard, no it made me work harder. Using white privilege as an excuse is just another crutch that the weak use.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

Here we go. I should just be grateful i was born white and keep my mouth shut. People of color have it way worse than me and I should just be glad I had the opportunities from being white. I am fucking tired of the that bullshit. I worked hard for everything I have. I joined the Army and seen black NCOs favor black soldiers, did that make me not work hard, no it made me work harder. Using white privilege as an excuse is just another crutch that the weak use.

you know, you see a lot of that sentiment where I live with regards to aboriginals. even a local politician basically got his mayoral campaign ruined (and he was the front runner) because his wife posted a rant on facebook very similar to this one.

being born into the situation they are born into is not simply solved by "hard work". there is so much more to it than that.

www.headstonesband.com

you know, you see a lot of that sentiment where I live with regards to aboriginals. even a local politician basically got his mayoral campaign ruined (and he was the front runner) because his wife posted a rant on facebook very similar to this one.

being born into the situation they are born into is not simply solved by "hard work". there is so much more to it than that.

I understand that but to say there are not programs and help to get people better is bullshit too. There are opportunities that help people to get ahead. Is it easy, of course not, but nothing is life is easy. You can either be swallowed by the problem or rise above it.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

Frank yes I've seen the discrimination in Army as you've rightfully pointed out. It is bad.

But if you think for a second you have it as hard as a black male in the US general population, sorry don't know what to say.

I know for a fact I'm treated better by the police. Period
    I know I have more opportunities being white.

This thread is about another black man killed by white cop.

I understand that but to say there are not programs and help to get people better is bullshit too. There are opportunities that help people to get ahead. Is it easy, of course not, but nothing is life is easy. You can either be swallowed by the problem or rise above it.
    the programs that are out there are a joke. seriously. a fucking joke. lipstick on a pig. talk to people who have been in the system, and you learn how incredibly difficult it is to utilize those programs, and you understand why they are so underutilized. people think that they don't WANT to be helped, don't want to use those resources, it's just not true.

a guy I work with and went to school with once proclaimed "I have a native guy on my hockey team...he did it, why can't the rest?!". coming from a white upper class guy, that's a fucking joke. he doesn't have a sweet clue. he also thinks more funding for rapid transit is a waste of money. why? oh yeah, he doesn't need the bus. he has a shiney new car that he keeps in his giant new house.

ignorance is bliss.

www.headstonesband.com

How do we make it fair then? Police have an enormously hard job. The shit bag in SC did not, but for the most part cops do the right thing. They are just people, some make mistakes and some abuse their power. We will never have a perfect police force. We just need to make sure when someone fucks up they are handled appropriately, but we also need to give them the benefit of the doubt because when push comes to shove I do not want them second guessing a bad situation.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II

How do we make it fair then? Police have an enormously hard job. The shit bag in SC did not, but for the most part cops do the right thing. They are just people, some make mistakes and some abuse their power. We will never have a perfect police force. We just need to make sure when someone fucks up they are handled appropriately, but we also need to give them the benefit of the doubt because when push comes to shove I do not want them second guessing a bad situation.

Agree mostly. The doubt though should be narrowed which is happening.

yes, I agree. I have no idea how to make it fair.

in the US, it is getting increasingly difficult to recruit people to become cops. so when you have fewer choices, you can't make the process of becoming one more stringent. I think this is part of the issue. the right people need to be in these positions. they need better pay and stricter guidelines on getting in (psychological being one of them), not to mention STAYING IN. there needs to be an outpouring of PR from the forces to help people believe that police keep them safe, not that they are the enemy. make it a priority INSIDE the force to make sure your cops are psychologically sound.

in Canada, I believe, cops are paid VERY well. like our teachers are. you can't skimp on these professions. they are simply too important for societal health. while the poor don't necessarily have BBQ's with local cops, I don't believe they fear them.

those are but a few suggestions that won't even begin to scratch the surface of repair. But I think it's a start.

www.headstonesband.com

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Hey Hugh, let's be fair here, ya I've attacked him relentlessly. When someone makes a claim about an incident that no one can seem to find anywhere, I'm gonna call them out on it. It amazes me that some of you would actually have an issue with this. And people have seen what this so called public servant thinks about a certain color of people or religion. I'm actually shocked that anyone would find it a problem calling someone out on posts that are supposedly factual but yet no where to be found.

Edit-and to be really fair, I'm pretty much the only guy who's gone on to call him out so if you're gonna point the finger at someone, at least point it at that person directly.

as an aside: just because you can't find something on the internet, doesn't mean it didn't happen. A friend of mine is a cop, and he once told me it would make my jaw drop the stuff that the media/police agency doesn't release about criminal activity in the "best interests of society".

Well, in this case hugh, I'm sure faux would've been all over the story and they'd still be talking about it to this day. And I agree, media leaves out a lot of shit. I don't want to derail the thread by giving examples of media bias.
    I understand that there is still a lot of racism. I will not lie I have said some hateful stuff I wish I could have taken back, but we know some words when spoken can't be taken back (sorry I had too :)). In the current case there was another disproportionate amount of black cops to population. Just stating that does not make me feel the town has issues. If there was a report that only 10% of black applicants were accepted to become police officers then I would say there is an issue. You are right there needs to be a screening and maybe random follow up screenings to ensure we do not have a psyco with a badge and a gun.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Well, in this case hugh, I'm sure faux would've been all over the story and they'd still be talking about it to this day. And I agree, media leaves out a lot of shit. I don't want to derail the thread by giving examples of media bias.
    if faux had even gotten hold of the story.

www.headstonesband.com

in the US, it is getting increasingly difficult to recruit people to become cops. so when you have fewer choices, you can't make the process of becoming one more stringent. I think this is part of the issue. the right people need to be in these positions. they need better pay and stricter guidelines on getting in (psychological being one of them), not to mention STAYING IN. there needs to be an outpouring of PR from the forces to help people believe that police keep them safe, not that they are the enemy. make it a priority INSIDE the force to make sure your cops are psychologically sound.

in Canada, I believe, cops are paid VERY well. like our teachers are. you can't skimp on these professions. they are simply too important for societal health. while the poor don't necessarily have BBQ's with local cops, I don't believe they fear them.

those are but a few suggestions that won't even begin to scratch the surface of repair. But I think it's a start.

Great stuff.

How about legalizing drugs, prostitution and other morality laws to get police out of these social issues.
    callen said:

Great stuff.

How about legalizing drugs, prostitution and other morality laws to get police out of these social issues.
    yep.

www.headstonesband.com

edited April 2015

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Wow Hugh, wow

Edit- Rupert Murdock, that's all I have to say to that
    Post edited by badbrains on
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Wow Hugh, wow

wow what? I sincerely doubt the media is informed about everything.

www.headstonesband.com

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    callen said:

Great stuff.

Kudos to Callen and Hugh. Both make great suggestions. I agree with Hugh that we need to be attracting the best and brightest, pay them accordingly and hold them to a very high standard of accountability. There is a thread currently discussing paid sick leave and the point has been made about motivating workers by providing them with appropriate compensation and support to get the best out of them. That would seem to apply here as well.

And I agree with Callen regarding issues with legislating and enforcing morality laws, especially laws that are steeped in religiously based morality. Fewer of those types of laws mean fewer opportunities for cops to need to intervene in peoples' lives, leading to fewer conflicts between police and citizens.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Wow Hugh, wow

Then you really don't know Rupert.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    As an Australian it amazes just how much of a problem over there in the US it really is...but having said just the other week over here a white woman holding a knife was shot dead after being surrounded by about a dozen cops.
    i_lov_it said:

As an Australian it amazes just how much of a problem over there in the US it really is...but having said just the other week over here a white woman holding a knife was shot dead after being surrounded by about a dozen cops.

What is the sentiment of public. Let us know if any discipline is administered.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    callen said:

i_lov_it said:

What is the sentiment of public. Let us know if any discipline is administered.
    Yeah, I'm curious as well.

Situation out here where several deputies were shown to beat the SHIT out of someone who appears to have fully surrendered after a three-hour pursuit - part of which was with the guy riding a stolen horse.

I think this one is going to blow up.
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Wow Hugh, wow

Then you really don't know Rupert.
    yeah, I do actually. I know he taps phones and shit. but he doesn't own all media. I said "faux" but I meant media in general. in winnipeg at least, the media is told what the police force tells them.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.