Police abuse

Comments

• Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Little to no coverage of an officer being shot in Anne Arundel County MD.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-officer-shot-in-anne-arundel-county-tweet-from-police-says/2015/04/10/e8d8ac3e-df6a-11e4-a1b8-2ed88bc190d2_story.html

An Anne Arundel County police officer was shot and critically wounded Friday morning near Annapolis and authorities are searching for the gunman.

T.J. Smith, a county police spokesman, said that the officer went to a 7-Eleven on the 700 block of College Parkway in Arnold, near Annapolis, shortly after 2 a.m. on Friday. There, a person told him that someone standing outside the store seemed suspicious. He called other officers over his radio for backup, and went to confront the suspicious person, Smith said.

In the ensuing confrontation, the suspect and the officer ran about 100 to 200 feet away from the 7-Eleven, Smith said. The suspect apparently used a gun which he was carrying to shoot the officer at least once in the upper body, the spokesman said.

Smith said that it was not clear whether the officer also fired his gun at the suspect. The officer was not disarmed in the confrontation, Smith said.

Smith said that the suspect’s gun had not been found, and the man — described as a 20- to 30-year-old black man between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 8 inches — should be considered armed and dangerous.

If anyone saw anything in this area in the overnight hours, we want you to give our tip line a call,” he said. He said the suspect was wearing a black hoodie and dark pants that were not jeans at the time of the shooting.

Smith said that police had searched on foot and with dogs in the area around the 7-Eleven.

“We don’t know where that suspect is at this point in time,” he said.

The officer is being treated at the shock trauma center at the University of Maryland in Baltimore, and the county’s chief of police is there with him, Smith said.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    callen said:

i_lov_it said:

As an Australian it amazes just how much of a problem over there in the US it really is...but having said just the other week over here a white woman holding a knife was shot dead after being surrounded by about a dozen cops.

What is the sentiment of public. Let us know if any discipline is administered.
    Well in this instance I don't think there was any discipline administered...it was on the news in the papers then just like that you don't hear about it seemed almost like it was a story in passing...there was no need to kill her very uncalled for obviously there was no need to shoot her at all...she only had a knife outnumbered by the police not too mention they have other weapons like batons and tasers they could of used.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I don't know if anyone has seen this absolute beat-down that a horse thief suffered ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyLfHuPZQQY

There are so many cops beating the shit out of this guy they have to take turns for almost two minutes!

Although he is a horse thief, so he relatively got off light. If he did this 100 years ago he would be swinging from the nearest tree.

Those were a lot of pissed off cops! The video starts off by saying 2 deputies are down.

I'm guessing the guy in orange pulled off some major dickery to the point that the whole "I give up" card was way out the window. Like when that South African tried to pull that "Diplomatic Immunity" bullshit on Danny Glover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Some of these cops around the country just aren't helping their reputations with videos like that and the racist cops sending texts in Fort Lauderdale.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    That as brutal. Like a pack of wolves. Just when i thought one of them was level headed and was pulling one of the beating cops off, he started beating on the perp! All the while, the horse is
    looking like "get me the fuck outta here". Intersting that the audio cuts out just as the beating started. Was the pwrson speaking cheering them on or something?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    That kick to the balls, I almost felt that here in front of my computer. Wonder what kind of shape he was in after that beat down.

That as brutal. Like a pack of wolves. Just when i thought one of them was level headed and was pulling one of the beating cops off, he started beating on the perp! All the while, the horse is
    looking like "get me the fuck outta here". Intersting that the audio cuts out just as the beating started. Was the pwrson speaking cheering them on or something?

The commentary cut out is weird. I'm thinking it was a feed from a program director versus a live feed and that the person giving audio direction was in shock ... or was smart enough to hit the mute button which is the most likely scenario.

The cops, under normal circumstances, would / should have been aware that they could be being taped because we know at least two helicopters were right on top of them via the video, yet they were so enraged they just didn't give a fuck.

From what I've read, the horse suffered injuries from the perp forcing him to ride the dangerous canyons.
    dignin said:

That kick to the balls, I almost felt that here in front of my computer. Wonder what kind of shape he was in after that beat down.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:

I don't know if anyone has seen this absolute beat-down that a horse thief suffered ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyLfHuPZQQY

There are so many cops beating the shit out of this guy they have to take turns for almost two minutes!

Although he is a horse thief, so he relatively got off light. If he did this 100 years ago he would be swinging from the nearest tree.

Those were a lot of pissed off cops! The video starts off by saying 2 deputies are down.

I'm guessing the guy in orange pulled off some major dickery to the point that the whole "I give up" card was way out the window. Like when that South African tried to pull that "Diplomatic Immunity" bullshit on Danny Glover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwC_IaY3BmY

I posted about it in one of these threads. Absolutely disgusting.

Pretty sure the horse was all "the fuck?" from the steal to witnessing the beatdown.

Simply don't get the motivation for this.
  • When I watched Saving Private Ryan, I will always remember the beach scene when the troops finally took control of the German fortifications. The troops had obviously taken a shitkicking on the beach with several of their buddies torn to shreds by German artillery and machine gun fire.

Some Germans, once realizing they had been overtaken, emerged from their fortifications with their hands up- surrendering. Boy... here's a rich moment: shoot them to shreds and the moment you can't shoot any more... simply surrender and they will feed you.

Some were permitted to surrender. Some were not. It depended on which soldiers encountered the surrendering troops. We all know what should happen, but let's be honest: that sure is expecting a lot from people.

This guy had already 'downed' two deputies and had only given himself up when escape had become impossible. I only watched the first half of the video, but to be honest... I think the first kicks and punches he got were well-deserved.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

When I watched Saving Private Ryan, I will always remember the beach scene when the troops finally took control of the German fortifications. The troops had obviously taken a shitkicking on the beach with several of their buddies torn to shreds by German artillery and machine gun fire.

Some Germans, once realizing they had been overtaken, emerged from their fortifications with their hands up- surrendering. Boy... here's a rich moment: shoot them to shreds and the moment you can't shoot any more... simply surrender and they will feed you.

Some were permitted to surrender. Some were not. It depended on which soldiers encountered the surrendering troops. We all know what should happen, but let's be honest: that sure is expecting a lot from people.

This guy had already 'downed' two deputies and had only given himself up when escape had become impossible. I only watched the first half of the video, but to be honest... I think the first kicks and punches he got were well-deserved.

Deserved or not, those kicks were absolutely not for police to administer.

www.headstonesband.com

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Not sure what the answer to this country's police behavior problem is I'm sure the black community is just not going to to be ready to hug it out with their local police force any time soon ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • When I watched Saving Private Ryan, I will always remember the beach scene when the troops finally took control of the German fortifications. The troops had obviously taken a shitkicking on the beach with several of their buddies torn to shreds by German artillery and machine gun fire.

You might be right, but like I said... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. For all we know, when the police tried to play nice... 2 of them ended up in the 'fallen' category. This isn't exactly somebody I'm going to pity.

When I watched Saving Private Ryan, I will always remember the beach scene when the troops finally took control of the German fortifications. The troops had obviously taken a shitkicking on the beach with several of their buddies torn to shreds by German artillery and machine gun fire.

You might be right, but like I said... I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. For all we know, when the police tried to play nice... 2 of them ended up in the 'fallen' category. This isn't exactly somebody I'm going to pity.
    Maybe its the weed....but it is imperative that we lose sleep over something like this....we cannot be ok with police taking the law into their own hands merely because we dont like the person on the receiving end.....if we are, then we have to be ok with the opposite, which we all know is not acceptable....

www.headstonesband.com

Maybe its the weed....but it is imperative that we lose sleep over something like this....we cannot be ok with police taking the law into their own hands merely because we dont like the person on the receiving end.....if we are, then we have to be ok with the opposite, which we all know is not acceptable....

We're going to disagree on this one and that's okay.
    edited April 2015

Sorry, but I disagree that its ok....if you are ok with cops administering their own justice here, you are ok with cops dismissing rape allegations because the victim is a prostitute rather than a virgin.....you are ok with a gang banger being murdered because he's not an upstanding citizen....you can't convince me that's ok......we have a justice system for that, and while it is not perfect by any means, vigilantism can never be acceptable in a just society.
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616

I just saw a video clip on FB where a cop who enters a woman's apartment and says he doesn't need a warrant to enter. She appears to be Middle Eastern. Not a reason to enter without a warrant. Also just saw the excellent documentary, Farmaggedon and there were a number of rather shocking instances of questionable law enforcement activity. Some people have a problem with people buying and selling raw milk. Not a reason for harassment. We're seeing a lot of this stuff these days and even if that is because of the internet and the fact that everyone carries a video device these days, it's still a major problem so yeah, I agree that this is something to be very concerned about.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

Sorry, but I disagree that its ok....if you are ok with cops administering their own justice here, you are ok with cops dismissing rape allegations because the victim is a prostitute rather than a virgin.....you are ok with a gang banger being murdered because he's not an upstanding citizen....you can't convince me that's ok......we have a justice system for that, and while it is not perfect by any means, vigilantism can never be acceptable in a just society.
    It's ok that we disagree. Speaking for myself and not for thirty, I'm not ok with what you mention above. But I am ok with disagreeing with you and others on specific points.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Justice is not for the police to administer, this isn't Judge Dredd.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited April 2015

Even if the person is cold blooded serial killer in which the Police have eye witnessed?
    "Two of the deputies received injuries including abrasions, a twisted knee and hurt back from being struck by the horse."

That is all I could find on these "officers down".

After a long chase I can understand being rough with the guy, ideologically I oppose it, but whatever. A beating like this on a man who is not resisting? It shows just what kind of violent tendancies too many police harbor.

But don't worry, they are on paid vacation now, so all is good.
    Just the other night I was channel surfing and one of those cop chase shows was you know...anyway there were a couple of cops surrounding an unarmed man told him to lay so he did they just tasered him anyway.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

That's fked position giving cops okay to administer their licks. Oh it happens and kind of an unwritten rule that if you run from cops you get your ass kicked but that's how many of these situations happen including I believe shootings. Cops are for one thing detaining.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    http://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-california-deputies-beating-man-fleeing-horse-083328080.html

"He remembers being beat, and he remembers that he wasn't resisting, that he laid still, he complied immediately. He says that he didn't even move a muscle because he didn't want to be continuously beat, yet it still happened," attorney Sharon Brunner said.

After the beating, a deputy whispered in his ear: "This isn't over,'" attorney Jim Terrell said.

"And that's why he's scared to death for himself and his family right now," Terrell said.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Well if their intent was always to instill fear into the general public I'd say mission accomplished , all my black coworkers that I work with on a daily basis all say the same thing don't trust the police ....that is a fact !!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    i_lov_it said:

Even if the person is cold blooded serial killer in which the Police have eye witnessed?
    If you give police that authority they will have to use it at their own discretion and it is inevitable that they will abuse or misuse that authority. That's why it is best left to the courts to administer punishment.
    I just watched the video, and those cops are sadistic. That is sick shit right there, they should all lose their jobs. If you get a kick out of beating a person like this you have no business on the force.
    Sick.
    And don't try to tell me they weren't enjoying it, that's utter bullshit. The situation is in hand, there are plenty of officers pounding him, and each new arrival has to jump in and get his kicks in there. Looks like a gangbang. Sick shit, fire them all.
  • rgambs said:

"Two of the deputies received injuries including abrasions, a twisted knee and hurt back from being struck by the horse."

After a long chase I can understand being rough with the guy, ideologically I oppose it, but whatever. A beating like this on a man who is not resisting? It shows just what kind of violent tendancies too many police harbor.

If two cops getting bludgeonred by a horse constituted 'fallen', then that changes the context for me somewhat. I had assumed something a little more malicious and something a little more smack worthy.

I also only watched the first minute of the clip. I never saw new guys jump into the fray for fun.

I can't defend these cops anymore.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

rgambs said:

If two cops getting bludgeonred by a horse constituted 'fallen', then that changes the context for me somewhat. I had assumed something a little more malicious and something a little more smack worthy.

I also only watched the first minute of the clip. I never saw new guys jump into the fray for fun.

I can't defend these cops anymore.
    Yeah, I've only seen what's been presented on our local news; probably similar to what you watched.

I understand the adrenalin rush after such a (strange) pursuit...but the one cop who runs up and just kicks the guy between the legs? Damn.

This discussion has been closed.