Police abuse

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2015
    You know, most of the time, you've got no business holding your phone up to record everything. Jesus Christ people, get a fucking life.

Edit: I'm referring to this. Attention seekers.
    http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83349503/
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,895
    muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

can they go to jail for killing a fetus?
    Sure they could, only if the pregnant mental was not being a threat to others and the responding officers by not dropping a KNIFE. Don't forget that teeny weeny detail….Good Grief!!!!
    why didn't they tase her? why did they have to kill her?

you don't murder someone in the middle of a mental breakdown who is hospitalized for a mental breakdown...

more and more i find it very difficult to believe that policemen are always in fear for their lives. all those lethal and non lethal weapons, all that ammo, all that backup that is a walkie call away. seems to me more and more that police actually escalate the situation when they arrive.
    Police training is 'shoot to kill', right? That speaks to the notion that the police are "at war" with citizens, imo. . If that is the training then, clearly, we need to change the training so we can change the mentality.
    I disagree with that notion. I don't think shooting to kill means cops are at war with citizens. At what point do the criminals take responsibility for their actions?
    Clearly there is a problem that needs to be addressed within the police community. Nothing that says you can't reexamine how you interact and relate to the citizens for the safety and protection of all.
    Clearly you don't understand when an individual comes after a citizen or a police officer w/ any sort of weapon that can maim or kill expect the police to use any force necessary to eliminate the threat which often times turns out very badly for an offender...mentally challenged , pregnant, female, 90 years old, 10 years old, ect....all the above can and have killed innocents and police.
    Clearly, the 'use any force necessary' attitude is why it looks like the police are at war with citizens.

Perhaps, if a more 'liberal' agenda were enacted then we could eliminate the causes of violence, like poverty.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

You know, most of the time, you've got no business holding your phone up to record everything. Jesus Christ people, get a fucking life.

Edit: I'm referring to this. Attention seekers.
    http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83349503/

Jeepers creepers THAT is your takeaway from this? People's rights being violated left and right, and you are mad that someone recorded it? Why? Afraid the cops cant keep their squeeky clean image if America know what they are up to?

You know, most of the time you've got no business having Miranda rights. Jesus Christ people stop getting lawyers when you get harassed by police.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited April 2015
    I get it. But damn, why do people feel the need to record EVERYTHING? These guys have enough to worry about with some dip shit standing there waiting for the next mistake. So yes, I say get a life. This person is harassing the cops. Do they not have rights?
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2015

callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Sure they could, only if the pregnant mental was not being a threat to others and the responding officers by not dropping a KNIFE. Don't forget that teeny weeny detail….Good Grief!!!!

you don't murder someone in the middle of a mental breakdown who is hospitalized for a mental breakdown...

more and more i find it very difficult to believe that policemen are always in fear for their lives. all those lethal and non lethal weapons, all that ammo, all that backup that is a walkie call away. seems to me more and more that police actually escalate the situation when they arrive.
    Police training is 'shoot to kill', right? That speaks to the notion that the police are "at war" with citizens, imo. . If that is the training then, clearly, we need to change the training so we can change the mentality.
    I disagree with that notion. I don't think shooting to kill means cops are at war with citizens. At what point do the criminals take responsibility for their actions?
    Clearly there is a problem that needs to be addressed within the police community. Nothing that says you can't reexamine how you interact and relate to the citizens for the safety and protection of all.
    Clearly you don't understand when an individual comes after a citizen or a police officer w/ any sort of weapon that can maim or kill expect the police to use any force necessary to eliminate the threat which often times turns out very badly for an offender...mentally challenged , pregnant, female, 90 years old, 10 years old, ect....all the above can and have killed innocents and police.
    "Any force" is the problem and thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally stop police from just using "Any Force".
    Thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally show what force seemingly regular citizens are capable of doing to police.
    Yes absolutely. And hope some of that video is used to successfully prosecute
    Those that do criminal acts.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

"Any force" is the problem and thank inventors of small mobile cameras to finally stop police from just using "Any Force".
    Right, hopefully departments will also supply its officers w/ capes and a cute tights so they can do all the nifty non-lethal shit you see in the movies and TV that super heros perform to get the bad guy. Perhaps some advanced dodging knives and bats classes or a catching bullets with your teeth seminar will be included too after the adopt a thug luncheon.
    Soon enough liberal society will get the Kind of policing they are demanding...all I got to say is be careful what you wish for when the bad guy no longer fears the No Good Poo-leece.

Police are not judge and executioner. They cite and if necessary arrest. Yes of course not putting their lives in danger but shooting human in back isn't okay. Beating the shit out of someone when they are clearly neutralized isn't okay. Surrounding a human with 6 officers and they not having a gun should not end with killing. Real simple. Appropriate response is necessary and we need to better define and if the few officers cross the line they should be disciplined.

This is happening due to wonderful technology.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Dallas lawmaker proposed bill to stop recording of police.

http://kxan.com/2015/03/13/texas-lawmaker-wants-limits-on-bloggers-recording-police/
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Wait till you see what LA police department has come up with. A device that shuts down all phone towers in a block so no one can record anything when police are involved. Who's protecting who?

I get it. But damn, why do people feel the need to record EVERYTHING? These guys have enough to worry about with some dip shit standing there waiting for the next mistake. So yes, I say get a life. This person is harassing the cops. Do they not have rights?

This person is recording a violation of rights, if cops can't handle someone across the street holding a phone, they have no business in high-pressure life or death situations.

Your statement is tantamount to suggesting cops should have a right to impunity. If we can't record them and they investigate themselves that's exactly what it is, impunity at large.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    badbrains said:

Wait till you see what LA police department has come up with. A device that shuts down all phone towers in a block so no one can record anything when police are involved. Who's protecting who?

Now I have heard it all. I am sure you got that Nonsence from a credible source.
    There already is technology like that the military uses to help protect US soldiers in armpits like Somalia and most of the middle east.
    edited April 2015
    "Armpits like Somalia and most of Middle East." Just never stop making me cringe thinking you may be responsible for upholding the law. Yes military and police have used this technology even IN this armpit the USA.

And you realize message of band hosting this message board?

Am truly Elated your view is here though.
    Post edited by callen on
  • If we are going to record police doing their jobs... I think it's fair we record every person doing theirs as well. Not to mention cameras on every street corner so we can record criminals too.

Let's catch white collar criminals plotting greedy plans and let's catch everyday workers logging into the 10C when they should be servicing clients (stealing time from their place of employment).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2015
    muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Right, hopefully departments will also supply its officers w/ capes and a cute tights so they can do all the nifty non-lethal shit you see in the movies and TV that super heros perform to get the bad guy. Perhaps some advanced dodging knives and bats classes or a catching bullets with your teeth seminar will be included too after the adopt a thug luncheon.
    Soon enough liberal society will get the Kind of policing they are demanding...all I got to say is be careful what you wish for when the bad guy no longer fears the No Good Poo-leece.
    Yes. YES!!

This is it. Finally someone gets it.

We could make the tights fashionable- say... Lululemon tights- so that the thicker-thighed police wouldn't feel self conscious. And... now our criminals can commit crimes, resist arrest, and be safe doing so. Everyone should be able to run away from a crime they are committing and smack a cop or two if caught while trying to flee without getting hurt.

* Actually, on second thought , how about raising taxes to develop social programs that might have the effect of lifting people from a hopeless life to one where they have a chance?

For example, in Canada, we pay $18 for 12 beer. We pay $10 for a pack of cigs. We pay 40% income tax. And we pay 15% sales tax. This is a lot of money that we don't spend on the military. There is a lot of waste, but there is a lot dedicated to health and social assistance. I think it helps (although there are still your numbers that for whatever reason still fail to make it). Mental illness aside... you've made some bad choices being homeless in Canada.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    How can anyone argue against more transparency?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

Yes. YES!!

This is it. Finally someone gets it.

We could make the tights fashionable- say... Lululemon tights- so that the thicker-thighed police wouldn't feel self conscious. And... now our criminals can commit crimes, resist arrest, and be safe doing so. Everyone should be able to run away from a crime they are committing and smack a cop or two if caught while trying to flee without getting hurt.

* Actually, on second thought , how about raising taxes to develop social programs that might have the effect of lifting people from a hopeless life to one where they have a chance?

For example, in Canada, we pay $18 for 12 beer. We pay $10 for a pack of cigs. We pay 40% income tax. And we pay 15% sales tax. This is a lot of money that we don't spend on the military. There is a lot of waste, but there is a lot dedicated to health and social assistance. I think it helps (although there are still your numbers that for whatever reason still fail to make it). Mental illness aside... you've made some bad choices being homeless in Canada.
    Ehhh, complaints, complaints. If you lived in Norway you'd pay $10 a beer, and life is pretty good in Norway.*

* If you love fish.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I'm not complaining.
  • dignin said:

How can anyone argue against more transparency?

So we are in agreement then?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

muskydan said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

riotgrl said:

riotgrl said:

muskydan said:

For example, in Canada, we pay $18 for 12 beer. .

More like $18 for a six pack. I think it's now around $25 for a case here in Alberta.

If we are going to record police doing their jobs... I think it's fair we record every person doing theirs as well. Not to mention cameras on every street corner so we can record criminals too.

Let's catch white collar criminals plotting greedy plans and let's catch everyday workers logging into the 10C when they should be servicing clients (stealing time from their place of employment).

I really don't see the connection at all... Quite a stretch to compare agents of the government with lethal authority abusing their powers with everyday employees logging into websites.
    muskydan said:

badbrains said:

Now I have heard it all. I am sure you got that Nonsence from a credible source.
    There already is technology like that the military uses to help protect US soldiers in armpits like Somalia and most of the middle east.
    Are you saying this doesn't exist? And you say you're a real cop? Shit, just google stingray device or Google anything related to "real" cops shutting down cell towers. And here we thought you're a know it all when it comes to cop related stuff. Maybe CSI hasn't covered that episode yet?
    rgambs said:

This person is recording a violation of rights, if cops can't handle someone across the street holding a phone, they have no business in high-pressure life or death situations.

Your statement is tantamount to suggesting cops should have a right to impunity. If we can't record them and they investigate themselves that's exactly what it is, impunity at large.
    I'm talking about the low life that was 5 feet from the cops making an arrest. Move your ass out of the way. That woman is just an attention whore. Every fucking arrest does NOT need to be recorded. It's absurd. She s was just looking to be the next person that gets to be interviewed on cnn. Fuck her.
  • rgambs said:

If we are going to record police doing their jobs... I think it's fair we record every person doing theirs as well. Not to mention cameras on every street corner so we can record criminals too.

I really don't see the connection at all... Quite a stretch to compare agents of the government with lethal authority abusing their powers with everyday employees logging into websites.
    The connection is blatantly obvious.

Do you fail to see the connection between your pot usage and some Mexican getting beheaded in Mexico as well?

rgambs said:

Do you fail to see the connection between your pot usage and some Mexican getting beheaded in Mexico as well?
    If you buy Mexican pot in the states, you deserve to have your head cut off lol

rgambs said:

I'm talking about the low life that was 5 feet from the cops making an arrest. Move your ass out of the way. That woman is just an attention whore. Every fucking arrest does NOT need to be recorded. It's absurd. She s was just looking to be the next person that gets to be interviewed on cnn. Fuck her.
    When rights are being violated and your reaction is to be angry that the cops were busted, that says more about corruption in the brotherhood than a police critic ever could.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    badbrains said:

muskydan said:

badbrains said:

Are you saying this doesn't exist? And you say you're a real cop? Shit, just google stingray device or Google anything related to "real" cops shutting down cell towers. And here we thought you're a know it all when it comes to cop related stuff. Maybe CSI hasn't covered that episode yet?
    Haven't we already established I am phony for the hundredth time. And for the record I do not watch CSI, I prefer to get my material from Hank in Chicago PD.
    Why don't you ask your Real Police friends in LA LA Land who you so often like to reference how intelligence uses these devices. I can assure you they don't use it for purposes you described above...heads would roll in today's day in age Son.

rgambs said:

Blatantly obvious? What a joke. Comparing the private and public sector, police abuse with time theft in an office... You are stretching more than a yogi.

This pot thing is a deflection and it's a pathetic one, with a personal jag to it.

1st, I don't smoke much... I have been nursing a bud smaller than my thumb for 10 months..I have a newborn son and wasn't keen on smoking around my pregnant wife.
    2nd, I don't, haven't, wouldn't, and won't buy a bag of Mexican dirtweed. I smoke organic primo or not at all...fortunately it is pretty easy to come by, like Badbrains said.

So yeah, if you want to explain how it is blatantly obvious go ahead and try, if you want to keep deflecting try harder.
    muskydan said:

badbrains said:

muskydan said:

badbrains said:

Haven't we already established I am phony for the hundredth time. And for the record I do not watch CSI, I prefer to get my material from Hank in Chicago PD.
    Why don't you ask your Real Police friends in LA LA Land who you so often like to reference how intelligence uses these devices. I can assure you they don't use it for purposes you described above...heads would roll in today's day in age Son.
    Never said I had any LA cop friends. My cop friends live in dirty jersey. My gangsta friends live in LA, get the stories right dad.
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

When rights are being violated and your reaction is to be angry that the cops were busted, that says more about corruption in the brotherhood than a police critic ever could.
    I guess you are purposely missing my point. The stupid woman wouldn't have had her phone broken had she not decided to pull her phone out right next to cops that are making an arrest. She had no business being there. Period. Every fucking thing a cop does in his day to day operation does not need to be recorded by attention seeking whores.

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I guess you are purposely missing my point. The stupid woman wouldn't have had her phone broken had she not decided to pull her phone out right next to cops that are making an arrest. She had no business being there. Period. Every fucking thing a cop does in his day to day operation does not need to be recorded by attention seeking whores.
    What a ridiculous assumption that she was an attention whore. There was a SWAT type operation going on in which they were detaining and releasing people.
    You sound so pissed off about this, it's just nuts.
  • rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Blatantly obvious? What a joke. Comparing the private and public sector, police abuse with time theft in an office... You are stretching more than a yogi.

This pot thing is a deflection and it's a pathetic one, with a personal jag to it.

1st, I don't smoke much... I have been nursing a bud smaller than my thumb for 10 months..I have a newborn son and wasn't keen on smoking around my pregnant wife.
    2nd, I don't, haven't, wouldn't, and won't buy a bag of Mexican dirtweed. I smoke organic primo or not at all...fortunately it is pretty easy to come by, like Badbrains said.

So yeah, if you want to explain how it is blatantly obvious go ahead and try, if you want to keep deflecting try harder.
    I never limited it to office workers- I included every occupation. Why be selective?

And are you denying the interconnectivity between a consumer of the illegal drug trade and the violence associated with the illegal drug trade? Forget Mexico then... how about in the streets of Los Angeles or some other place?

You contribute more than you care to admit.
This discussion has been closed.