Police abuse

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

"Two of the deputies received injuries including abrasions, a twisted knee and hurt back from being struck by the horse."

That is all I could find on these "officers down".

After a long chase I can understand being rough with the guy, ideologically I oppose it, but whatever. A beating like this on a man who is not resisting? It shows just what kind of violent tendancies too many police harbor.

But don't worry, they are on paid vacation now, so all is good.

If two cops getting bludgeonred by a horse constituted 'fallen', then that changes the context for me somewhat. I had assumed something a little more malicious and something a little more smack worthy.

I also only watched the first minute of the clip. I never saw new guys jump into the fray for fun.

I can't defend these cops anymore.
    Yeah, I've only seen what's been presented on our local news; probably similar to what you watched.

I understand the adrenalin rush after such a (strange) pursuit...but the one cop who runs up and just kicks the guy between the legs? Damn.

Yeah and a couple knees to the groin to follow, that made me cringe pretty good, as well as the head kicks. It's surpising he doesn't have any facial ffrfractures.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I would add that the thing that really leaped out at me regarding this incident is how brazen the officers were with a media helicopter filming them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    The only way to start the change in police violent culture I'd say is to start firing the bad apples I'm sorry but examples have to be set , like the cops in that video they have to be held accountable ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    The cops in that video should be charged with assault. Way past being fired.
    dignin said:

Agreed charged with a crime would result in immediate termination ...different route same outcome get the point across to all police forces in America
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2015
    dignin said:

That's exactly right.
  • http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-tulsa-man-shot-deputy-meant-stun-article-1.2181787

SEE IT: Video shows Tulsa man’s last moments alive after accidental police shooting (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT)
  • http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-tulsa-man-shot-deputy-meant-stun-article-1.2181787

SEE IT: Video shows Tulsa man’s last moments alive after accidental police shooting (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT)

Yeah, that's awful. "Sorry, I shot him"
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    "Fuck your breath". Wow
  • The cop that shot him was 73 years old.

73? Did I read this wrong?
  • The cop that shot him was 73 years old.

73? Did I read this wrong?

No you didn't read it wrong.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    badbrains said:

"Fuck your breath". Wow

"They did not know that he was shot at this time. They had audio exclusion. They was at a point where they couldn't hear. They didn't even hear the gunshot go off. The officers did not know that Mr. Harris had been shot."

Ridiculous.

Maybe the 73 year old officer was confused, but at the very least it's still manslaughter.

badbrains said:

"Fuck your breath". Wow

"They did not know that he was shot at this time. They had audio exclusion. They was at a point where they couldn't hear. They didn't even hear the gunshot go off. The officers did not know that Mr. Harris had been shot."

Ridiculous.

Maybe the 73 year old officer was confused, but at the very least it's still manslaughter.
    Oh so they couldn't hear the victim screaming "he shot me!" Ridiculous indeed.
  • badbrains said:

badbrains said:

"Fuck your breath". Wow

Ridiculous.

Or the guy saying "I shot him!"

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

"Fuck your breath". Wow

Ridiculous.

Or the guy saying "I shot him!"
    Why do I get the weird feeling these cops prob all laughed at the 73 years old cop when they got back to the precinct? Animals
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    He's been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter
  • He's been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter

if it were not on video he would have been charged with nothing.

i am going to start filming cops.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Can you imagine how many people will start to do that from now on ....what a fucked up society we live in ....
  • http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/us/arizona-police-run-over-suspect/

Dashcam video shows Arizona officer intentionally running over suspect
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2015

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/us/arizona-police-run-over-suspect/

Yeah just saw this disgusting...I mean what the guy apparently did wasn't exactly great...So it's a new approach for Police abuse.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_it said:

Yeah just saw this disgusting...I mean what the guy apparently did what exactly great...So it's a new approach for Police abuse.
    It was hard to watch.

You're probably right though- they should have waited until he at least shot someone.
  • http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/us/arizona-police-run-over-suspect/

If a nutball is going to walk down the street firing random shots it is clear that he is a loony and you don't know what he is going to do next - no one does period.

Taking him out like that was an equal response to his actions, it basically said "Listen pal, we don't know what you are going to do next with that weapon, you have already showed us you are willing to use it. Time to take you out. Your bullshit stops now".

Good day for citizens not to be shot today.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

That cop did everyone in that city a favor.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

i_lov_it said:

Yeah just saw this disgusting...I mean what the guy apparently did what exactly great...So it's a new approach for Police abuse.
    It was hard to watch.

You're probably right though- they should have waited until he at least shot someone.
    I'm going to say that as rough as this looks, this looks like the cop did the right thing. The guy was walking around with an apparently loaded weapon that he had already fired. Like you said thirty, you can't exactly wait until he shoots someone or himself.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

i_lov_it said:

It was hard to watch.

I'm going to say that as rough as this looks, this looks like the cop did the right thing. The guy was walking around with an apparently loaded weapon that he had already fired. Like you said thirty, you can't exactly wait until he shoots someone or himself.

Agreed, and add in the fact that a person is probably more likely to survive a well placed car hood than 5 to 10 well placed bullets!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2015
    I am actually ok with this. Of course the image is brutal, but he ended the threat as quickly as he personally could. The guy already fired the weapon once. Who wants to wait around and see where he fires next?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    That cop that ran the dude over is lucky he didn't kill himself. What if that CMU wall was reinforced or was a berm with soil on the other side?

Into the fray! This cop may be a distant relative of this guy ...

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Creative community policing.This cop was very creative.Im glad to sEe he's not being crucified for this.And the dude lived.Win/win
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2015
    rr165892 said:

Im glad to see he's not being crucified for this.

Wait for it.
    It's coming.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard somewhere on the news where there's an app that you just push a button it starts to record then automatically uploads the video to YouTube. That's in case a officer tries to confiscate your phone or tries to destroys it....the video is already been uploaded. I think it's called something like You Watch?

Anybody heard of this app.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.