Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    At another point in the night, Ed pulled out a flyer and discussed how a Pearl Jam fan named Brian Shaffer from Columbus, Ohio had been missing since April, and since the band feels like the fans are in some way "part of the family," they wanted to call attention to him in hopes that someone is able to help find him. Ed mentioned that, and described Brian's Pearl Jam tattoo and the reward for information along with a website to visit if you know anything, findbrianshaffer.com

That's from http://www.twofeetthick.com/tour/cc/t2006p2.do
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,770
    see Mel, people are listening - and thanks to you the story is still out there

Ed mentioning this during the show is proof of that

it's such a sad situation, I can't imagine what his friends and family are going through
  • AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    see Mel, people are listening - and thanks to you the story is still out there

Ed mentioning this during the show is proof of that

it's such a sad situation, I can't imagine what his friends and family are going through
    His father was at the Cincinnati concert in section 229 row k on the right side of the row

I was in section 230 row k at the left side of the row with the aisle in between us. My mother went and got him and the people with him some drinks and we shook his hand and wished him the best of luck. They cried heavily all during Wishlist and left shortly thereafter.
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Abneriel wrote:
    His father was at the Cincinnati concert in section 229 row k on the right side of the row

I was in section 230 row k at the left side of the row with the aisle in between us. My mother went and got him and the people with him some drinks and we shook his hand and wished him the best of luck. They cried heavily all during Wishlist and left shortly thereafter.
    That's so sad :( . This must be impossible for them - I really hope they find something soon.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Hope he´s fine!!....greetings to all friends and family...Wish they found peace and brian arrived safe.

apologies for my english...
    AUTOR DEL ULTIMO POST DEL ANTIGUO THREAD
  • bakkwardbakkward Posts: 5
    There is no other band's fans in the world that would have a thread like this. Unbelievable. Wish Brian and his family well....
    6.22.1995/6.23.1995/7.21.1998/7.22.1998/10.30.2000/10.31.2000/6.1.2003-6.2.2003/6.3.2003 6.5.2003/10.25.2003/10.26.2003/9.1.2005/9.2.2005/ 7.6.06/7.7.06/7.10.06/7.13.06/7.15.06/7.16.06/ 7.18.06/10.21.06/12.9.06/
    "Her son's slanted, always giving her the sidways eye"
  • Are there any leads on finding him? Last I saw was the video of him leaving the bar and then he vanished? There must be something we can do to find him. This is Hell for his family.
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN
    BRIAN AND PEARL JAM
    As said above, Brian is a 10 Club member. He was planning on taking his girlfriend, Alexis, who he planned on marrying to the show in Detroit. Unfortunately, Brian disappeared before the show and Alexis ended up auctioning the seats off, with the money going to the reward fund. I don't know what the final bid was, but apparently they were pretty good seats.

His dad, Randy, is very impressed by the amount of help the 10 Club and the Pearl Jam community has given. He is going to try to travel to the Cincinnati show. (Edit June 28th) -- Randy did in fact go to the Cincinnati show, where Ed even mentioned the situation. Randy left shortly after Wishlist was played. Go here and beyond for various accounts of the show. You can click the thread title on the top right of the screen to jump to that part in the thread.

This part of the original post has been edited. I just thought i'd update the Cincinnati bit since the show has now passed.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Abneriel wrote:

oh dear.....bless them.

thanks for sharing, and thanks LIO for the thread. thanks to EVERYONE for the updates.

I am so glad i saw mel's threads originally....

*constantly praying*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    That made me cry. I hope he is ok...............
    I'll be back
  • AlleejamsAlleejams Posts: 9
    This kind of stuff scares the shit out of me. I hope everything will turn out OK.
    "Your hair is winter fire. January embers. My heart burns there too."
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i really hope no news is good news..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I am so glad I went to the Cincy show to witness Eddie's word on our missing pearl jam fellow - I cried like a baby. I never cried at a concert before...not even during a song.

This was the first time I've ever cried during Wishlist.

I was really sad that I did not get to meet Randy, Brian's father, because that was the main reason I wanted to go to Cincy show.

I had hoped he would show up at the pre-party, but he didn't...but, I'm glad he and his family were there and got to witness how caring Pearl Jam is and the wonderful support they also get from the fans. :)

Alexis, Brian's girlfriend, emailed me and spike007 - it really touched her and made her cry when Randy described the concert experience to her. She couldn't bring herself to the show - she wanted to be with Brian for her first PJ show.

I told her when Brian returns, I want to be at that show - it most certainly will be the best show ever.

Thanks to everyone on their support and please keep bringing the flyers to the pre-parties! :)

Man of the half hour - here's a big hug for ya! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    Please come back safe and soon
    I'll be back
  • thoughts and prayers go out to the family and i pray he returns safely
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • sassbotsassbot Posts: 1
    i hope he's ok. it's great of this board to do this.
    I just heard Alive on the radio, and we all hope that's the case. It's been over 4 months. :(

The most frustrating thing is, that there's been nothing. No ATM action, no cell phone action, no rumors/statements from people that might have/could have heard something.

And, I'd like to echo the "Brian Returns" show. When that happens, we all should go. Brian and Alexis front row. Heck, take Brian up on stage (ala Touring Band 2000.)

I still honestly can't believe there's been nothing.
  • potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    i have been checking this thread since it was created and i am so sorry, as i said before on page 1, but to see the support of a group of people with a simple interest in a band is wonderful. We all hope things are going to be okay and we will keep up our support.
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    I'll be at the Portland and Gorge shows with some buttons that Brian's father had made up. If anyone would like one please shoot me a PM :)
    Just trying to keep people aware that he's missing. Don't wanna let anyone forget
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    spike007 wrote:
    I'll be at the Portland and Gorge shows with some buttons that Brian's father had made up. If anyone would like one please shoot me a PM :)
    Just trying to keep people aware that he's missing. Don't wanna let anyone forget

You met his father?? That's great! I am very bummed out that I couldn't find him. :(

I'd love to have one of those buttons when things settle down for you! :)

I'm wearing the missing t-shirt right now...I've been wearing it a lot. It's worn out...but I ordered another one to keep in the future. But I hope I WON'T need it!

I like Lost In Ohio's idea...I would love a reunion with Brian and Alexis at a show - that would be awesome!!!!

I hope people are still continuing making flyers for pre-parties!

I wish I was a messenger...that brought good news.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • so theres still no newson the lost fan i take it..dang
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

IamMine wrote:
    You met his father?? That's great! I am very bummed out that I couldn't find him. :(

I'd love to have one of those buttons when things settle down for you! :)

I'm wearing the missing t-shirt right now...I've been wearing it a lot. It's worn out...but I ordered another one to keep in the future. But I hope I WON'T need it!

I like Lost In Ohio's idea...I would love a reunion with Brian and Alexis at a show - that would be awesome!!!!

I hope people are still continuing making flyers for pre-parties!

I wish I was a messenger...that brought good news.

Yes, I met Randy and his family before and after the show. They're really nice people. I wish there was something else I could do for them but I don't even know where to begin. Mel- I'll send you a button. Just email or PM your addy and I'll get one out to you.
    anyone else who wants one can either meet up w/me at the Portland or Gorge show or PM me their addy and I'll send you one.
    Any updates? Is everything still the same?
    I'll be back
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Any updates? Is everything still the same?

yeah i havent read this thread in awhile and i just looked at this myspace page and it doesnt look like anything new has turned up

this is terrible and i wish his family and friends the best

its hard for me to comprehend how someone can just disappear without a trace.....
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    yeah i havent read this thread in awhile and i just looked at this myspace page and it doesnt look like anything new has turned up

this is terrible and i wish his family and friends the best

its hard for me to comprehend how someone can just disappear without a trace.....

i know.. i showed some women here in kansas city i know and then one from des moines and both of them swear theyve seen him somewhere..but not recently so im thinking they just maybe saw a look alike,cuz when i go to the sites of his,i feel that i have seen him before,too.

i know.. i showed some women here in kansas city i know and then one from des moines and both of them swear theyve seen him somewhere..but not recently so im thinking they just maybe saw a look alike,cuz when i go to the sites of his,i feel that i have seen him before,too.

There's a lot of people who look similar, yet can even be entirely unrelated.

That's why that tattoo is an important thing to remember about. Stickman on the shoulder.
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    spike007 wrote:
    Yes, I met Randy and his family before and after the show. They're really nice people. I wish there was something else I could do for them but I don't even know where to begin. Mel- I'll send you a button. Just email or PM your addy and I'll get one out to you.
    anyone else who wants one can either meet up w/me at the Portland or Gorge show or PM me their addy and I'll send you one.

I'll be at the Gorge for night 2, but I have no idea how easy it will be to meet up. I'm gonna PM you my address. That way, I'll be sure. Thanks.
    SharonC wrote:
    I'll be at the Gorge for night 2, but I have no idea how easy it will be to meet up. I'm gonna PM you my address. That way, I'll be sure. Thanks.

Cell phones are a good thing. ;)
    Cell phones are great! Anyone else want a button? I'll mail them all tomorrow :)
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    Cell phones are a good thing. ;)

LOL, they are, but I don't have one. ;)

Thanks spike! :)