Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thanks for the update, Lost In Ohio.

I'm glad they worked very hard to find more clues!!

Somebody has to know this man even if he wouldn't come forward.

Six times? I agree with his father - I find that odd as well.
    Not to say there's a limit on how many times you get in and out...but alone?

There's a new sense of hope... and I'm sure that is a huge thing for his father and family.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Regarding the guy in the orange sweater:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- One day after police released a new piece of videotape in the disappearance of missing Ohio State University medical student Brian Shaffer, the potential witness came forward.

Police announced that a man had come forward, claiming to be the man shown in the footage. Officials said that detectives are working to verify that the person who came forward is the person shown in the video.

Heard on the news was this guy was wanted to talk to since he might have remembered something an intoxicated person would not. (In the video posted above, he appeared to be relatively sober.)

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9726086/detail.html

They're thinking it's a dead end though. :(
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    I wish some useful information would come up. It's extremely sad that Brian's family has to go through this again and again. I've had shirts made, passed out buttons/put up flyers all over the US. Someone, somewhere has to know something.

Hopefully I'll have more buttons to pass out again soon. I've given out several hundred so far and will continue to do everything I can until Brian's brought home. I'm not related to the family- but I cannot imagine going through what they have gone through. I want to do anything and everything I can do to help them find him.
    And those of you waiting on buttons- I haven't forgotten you. Just ran out and needed to order more :)
    spike007 wrote:
    I wish some useful information would come up. It's extremely sad that Brian's family has to go through this again and again. I've had shirts made, passed out buttons/put up flyers all over the US. Someone, somewhere has to know something.

Hopefully I'll have more buttons to pass out again soon. I've given out several hundred so far and will continue to do everything I can until Brian's brought home. I'm not related to the family- but I cannot imagine going through what they have gone through. I want to do anything and everything I can do to help them find him.

I know...but you've done more than the rest of us! You managed to get the band's attention on Brian's missing and that is a HUGE thing - the message has spread to other people who don't visit the board or even know anything about him at the show.

It's ok about the buttons...I still wear the t-shirts from time to time.

I hope something turns up SOON - this orange man HAS to have seen something odd...that is, if he didn't have anything to do with it.

Sober man who keeps visiting the bar? Hmm...got to have you wondering?
    ~Q Magazine

I got a word from our fellow PJ fan - hsewif, that she saw Brian's dad on FOX news last night and recorded it.

Looks similar to my t-shirt design, but I think that's Dani's design that she took over and made t-shirts that way.

He wore that shirt (I assume the one spike007 made for him) and the button on the news:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/just_julie/DSC00318.jpg

Thanks, hsewif! :)

I'm sorry I missed the news - I don't watch TV.
    ~Q Magazine

Yup :)
    That's one of the shirts I had made for Randy......
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    spike007 wrote:

I've been thinking, and was wondering if you wanted us to include buttons when we ship out the massive batch of t-shirt preorders to the US fans? A PJ fan would notice a stickman tat before other people would..

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Kat wrote:

Thanks Kat. I dont understand how people just disappear. So scary.
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    I almost never watch Fox News (especially can't stand Greta Van whats-her-face) but happened to catch this story running as I was flipping channels. It was a good segment. I hope someone who knows something saw it and can help somehow.

My heart ached for Brian's father. He seems to be holding up well for all he's going through, but you know he's in unimaginable agony inside.

Here's hoping for the best.........hoping Brian comes home safe soon.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    I've been thinking, and was wondering if you wanted us to include buttons when we ship out the massive batch of t-shirt preorders to the US fans? A PJ fan would notice a stickman tat before other people would..

Laura

That would be awesome! Let me call Randy and see what he thinks. I'll also need to get more buttons :)
    Dani
    Born2Jam wrote:
    I almost never watch Fox News (especially can't stand Greta Van whats-her-face) but happened to catch this story running as I was flipping channels. It was a good segment. I hope someone who knows something saw it and can help somehow.

My heart ached for Brian's father. He seems to be holding up well for all he's going through, but you know he's in unimaginable agony inside.

Here's hoping for the best.........hoping Brian comes home safe soon.

I think Randy's an amazing person. He has more strength and will power than anyone I have ever known. I have an awful lot of respect for him.

I also really wanna thank everyone for keeping this thread alive- I know Randy comes here from time to time and it really and truly means a lot to him to see that as a community we're trying to do everything we can to help him find Brian. These past few months have been awful- but hopefully with everyone's help spreading the word, keeping this thread alive, and keeping Brian in their thoughts- we can find him.
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i mention this whenever i can to alot of people here, considering it is so close to columbus...

hopefully we will get some good news soon :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Just checking back in for an update. It's good to see the awareness has increased.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Laura

^Excellent idea^
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    It's great that so many people are involved with this. This sticky alone has 40,000+ views. I wish Brian's family the best and for a safe return.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Here's another indicator. I counted about 140 different people who've posted in in the thead (including this post.)

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 314
    User Name Posts
    IamMine 44
    Lost In Ohio 35
    spike007 18
    kdpjam 7
    Nothingman54 6
    A Faceless Man 6
    cropdustress 5
    rarghrargh-brownstar 5
    PJPixie 5
    SharonC 5
    whateverman 4
    Earthgirl 4
    Pearl_Jam_Necklace 4
    keeponrockin 3
    Born2Jam 3
    potluck 3
    Kat 3
    small town beck 3
    FinsburyParkCarrots 3
    yahamita 3
    PureandEasy 2
    restlesssoul 2
    metsfan531941 2
    Mrs_Vedder78 2
    steppenwolf 2
    stylo17 2
    Foxy Mop 2
    stonesgstring 2
    darthvedder88 2
    Lizardking 2
    loveboatcaptain_blak 2
    C2V3N 2
    aNiMaL 2
    Lizard 2
    given2fly78 2
    ACCBootlegGoddess 2
    crittables 2
    drew0 1
    vital5 1
    Crazyworm 1
    13PJ13 1
    Abneriel 1
    rhinomagic 1
    mymanvedder 1
    LeatherMandi 1
    not4u 1
    in_hiding79 1
    tremorvoid 1
    upina2001 1
    Mookie25 1
    lostdozen 1
    AmentsChick 1
    IGotShit24 1
    LifeWasted06 1
    liamrian 1
    DarkStar 1
    given to fly 1
    moho 1
    Vedder4Prez 1
    TrAvELAr 1
    igotid_8 1
    Alleejams 1
    1stmammaltowearpants 1
    MagnusonPark82 1
    Oz Jammer 1
    Gossard_Is_God 1
    UKDave 1
    IWillLiveForeve 1
    riantLoVEsu 1
    Fintin 1
    jeffbr 1
    meistereder 1
    edvedder913 1
    prljamgirl 1
    binauralsounds 1
    denver_jammer 1
    One Song Glory 1
    Russty Cat 1
    Pansy Pearl 1
    coachchris 1
    soldierfield 1
    YieldDoc 1
    sigh eternally 1
    Blind3 1
    Columbus_George 1
    pj infinitum 1
    Addicted 1
    takingpunches 1
    RedGibsonSG 1
    Dirty_Frank 1
    Brink 1
    rage against tm 1
    eddie's grrl 1
    Kricket 1
    jlew24asu 1
    nukeboot 1
    JLukin 1
    PissBottleMan 1
    NakedClown 1
    zoediva 1
    inanutshell 1
    eddie's Tone rocks 1
    Thin Air 211 1
    shirleybizeau 1
    The Akkus 1
    usamamasan1 1
    mr.fadedglory 1
    nuzpaper 1
    Echo27 1
    fruscianteisgod 1
    pjalive21 1
    Vedderfan10 1
    coco butter 1
    doin'the-evolution 1
    spappy 1
    you are 1
    MeddleDeal 1
    abhi101cru 1
    Chime 1
    estrojenny 1
    dunkman1974 1
    wreathedinshadows 1
    markpregen 1
    vedderwood 1
    PJaddicted 1
    bakkward 1
    unsung 1
    uruguayan_jammer 1
    juliaiv 1
    EddiesGurl 1
    VEDHEAD27 1
    blondieblue227 1
    BluntManGuy 1
    pjhawks 1
    Heineken Helen 1
    man of the half hour 1
    sassbot 1
    mookeywrench 1
    Drop the Leash 1
    gluten919 1
    SoLATisA 1
    Boom's Organ 1
    aBoxOfFear 1
    mousejam 1
    WindNoSail 1
    NeilJam 1
    holleroxx 1
    jack_bass_player 1
    vedderdays 1
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Come Back!!!!!!!!
    I'll be back
  • So are there ANY leads to what happened to this guy? Did he really just disapear or was their foul play involved?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • So are there ANY leads to what happened to this guy? Did he really just disapear or was their foul play involved?

I have not checked this thread for awhile and I was shoked to see there is no news yet.
    Rapid City 98
  • I'm new to posting but have been following this story from the beginning. Just wanted to say i hope they get some news soon. Can't imagine what they must be going through. I keep him and his family in my thoughts.

xXx
    * We were but stones....your light made us stars *

One day, some day i will get to see Pearl Jam in the UK!!!

Fingers crossed for London!!!! (nope, didn't get tickets for that either)
  • My heart just aches for anyone who doesn't get resolution to what happened to a loved on that disappeared.
    That's just more than anyone should have to bear in this life.

Still holding on to hope and sending positive vibes that whatever happened to Brian will become known very soon.

If Brian's Dad Randy should read through here, please know you and your family are in our prayers.

Peace..
  • I've added some info on my myspace page and have written several bulletins.

Everyone keep trying to spread the word any way you can!!!
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Still thinking about you Brian.
    When you're ready, come home.
  • i went with a trucker friend for aweek and saw posters of him in ohio...by toledo and cleveland...saw a few hitch-hikers...kept our eyes peeled for him.. someone (a psychic,i believe)thinks he's suffering from some type of head injury and doesnt know who or where he is.. i think i read it on one of the links from brian's page...i pray his family and friends are soon reunited with him..and that all will be fine...this entire story is just heart-breaking...
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....

• (Edit July 31st) [url=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg]Click here to watch Ed talk about Brian.[/url]
    (Edit August 25th) The above link isn't working for me, so here's the link in "regular" form:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg

The link doesn't work because there's http://<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg in the URL... :)
  • Judith wrote:
    The link doesn't work because there's http://<br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg in the URL... :)

Oh well, I just fixed it up real good. Whatever the problem was shouldn't be there any more.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    "Ive been planning out, all that id say to you....."

i just want to let everyone know that tomorrow im putting up a flyer where i work , Loose Lucy's in downtown savannah... alot of people (tourist) come there all the time, specially this time of year, so heres to hoping...
  • "Ive been planning out, all that id say to you....."

i just want to let everyone know that tomorrow im putting up a flyer where i work , Loose Lucy's in downtown savannah... alot of people (tourist) come there all the time, specially this time of year, so heres to hoping...

that's awesome. as a columbus resident, former OSU student, someone who was at the same bar as brian the night of his disappearance, it means a lot that people so far away are helping out. thanks!