Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :(
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    a whole year. wow ;[ never give up hope, its so difficult to be in the dark though.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Here in BC it's the one-year anniversary of a teenager from the lower mainland going missing with no trace - last seen in his bedroom....

And the 15th anniversary of a little boy getting snatched from Victoria - no trace, no good leads...but still looking...the local cops have not given up hope.

This time of year seems horrible for people going missing - I mean ANY time of the year is a horrible time to go missing...it just seems that more go missing in March & April...

Still hoping that Brian gets found....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    This time of year seems horrible for people going missing - I mean ANY time of the year is a horrible time to go missing...it just seems that more go missing in March & April...

I wonder if it has something to do with the end of winter, more people go outside and enjoy the good weather, etc.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    It's now officially been one year.

Alexis and Brian's family still haven't given up hope. There was a remembrance ceremony outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona (the bar where Brian was last seen) earlier today. I didn't know about it, so I didn't go, but local news media was there.

I guess Alexis and Randy (his dad) and probably other people all had a chance to speak at a microphone.

The cameras were filming Randy and managed to pick up the white shirt he had on. It had a red stripe near the top with the words "MISSING PEARL JAM FAN" at the top.

Lost In Ohio - were Brian's friends there, the ones who last saw him at the bar?

I would have thought they'd show up...
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Lost In Ohio - were Brian's friends there, the ones who last saw him at the bar?

I would have thought they'd show up...

Good question. I don't know. The only video I saw of recognizable people (who we've talked about in this thread) was that of Randy (dad) and Alexis (girlfriend).
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Good question. I don't know. The only video I saw of recognizable people (who we've talked about in this thread) was that of Randy (dad) and Alexis (girlfriend).

Nope, they didn't show up at all. I asked Alexis and she said no.

I'm sorry....but what kind of friends are they? :S

I'd be upset myself.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Nope, they didn't show up at all. I asked Alexis and she said no.

I'm sorry....but what kind of friends are they? :S

I'd be upset myself.

I was thinking about this earlier, and it seems to be lose-lose.

If they go, perhaps there's some animosity directed at them. They were the last ones to see them, maybe they do know something, maybe they don't. If they go, they can show their support, but there's also the possiblity of that animosity.

If they don't go, it may make them seem/look guilty.

It's probably not an easy decision for them to make.

Edit - Changed "early" to "earlier".
  • Options
    I was thinking about this early, and it seems to be lose-lose.

If they go, perhaps there's some animosity directed at them. They were the last ones to see them, maybe they do know something, maybe they don't. If they go, they can show their support, but there's also the possiblity of that animosity.

If they don't go, it may make them seem/look guilty.

It's probably not an easy decision for them to make.

That's understandable.

No contact with Randy from them that day either... even over the phone. :S
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    One year already. Seems like just yesterday. The leds must just be getting fewer and fewer. So dam sad. Anything is better then this. Some closer is needed. I just hope he got tired of life in Columbus and moved on somewhere and someday he will show up. Then again if he knew how desperate everyone feels I doubt he could sit back and not say anything.
    So dam sad.
    I tried poster in the lobby of Wooster College right down the street from me. My niece goes there. We got no bites. Sorry to the family but I tried what my little piece of world could do.
    I will never stop wondering about Brian. Have you tried American's Most Wanted? Do. They seem to have a good track record. I want a good ending to this story.

to God I pray :confused::confused::confused:
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    One year already. Seems like just yesterday. The leds must just be getting fewer and fewer. So dam sad. Anything is better then this. Some closer is needed. I just hope he got tired of life in Columbus and moved on somewhere and someday he will show up. Then again if he knew how desperate everyone feels I doubt he could sit back and not say anything.
    So dam sad.
    I tried posters in the lobby of Wooster College right down the street from me. My niece goes there. We got no bites. Sorry to the family but I tried what my little piece of world could do.
    I will never stop wondering about Brian. Have you tried American's Most Wanted? Do. They seem to have a good track record. I want a good ending to this story.

to God I pray :confused::confused::confused:
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    lostdozenlostdozen Posts: 29
    I just read a Los Angeles Times article that really punctuates the grief and despair surrounding a search for a missing person. This article focused on missing adults, like Brian, and how there are often more hurdles for loved ones to overcome in their efforts to find the truth than if the missing person was a child.

Here is the article (entitled "When adults vanish"):

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing6apr06,0,6989375.story?coll=la-home-headlines

It would be unwise of me to speculate what happened to Brian, but I am confident that there is more physical evidence to be found, hopefully sooner rather than later. I also think this thread really shows the class of Kat, Sea, and the Pit community, still up here after a year.
  • Options
    I read the article you suggested and was totally mesmerized by the story. Such grief these people are only left with. I feel in my heart so bad for Brian's friends and family, but at the same time I pray to God never does any one of my loved ones go missing. It is a terrible exsistence and I can understand the thought that they have of wanting the person at least to be found dead so they can stop searching. Please understand this is not meant as a negative thought, I can just sence how you must need closier. I don't know how you can go on.
    My heart goes out to you, sincerely.
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    I was watching something on the E! channel the other day and I saw a commercial for a show about bad things happening on Spring Break. I could have sworn that they showed a picture of Brian. It was really quick so I am not 100% sure it was him. I believe the show is on tomorrow 4/7 at 5pm Eastern/4 Central. Once again I really don't know if it was him but I will be taping to find out.
  • Options
    Daughter of JeremyDaughter of Jeremy Up here in my tree Posts: 181
    I am an aussie fan who has been checking this thread out for a while now, and lately i've noticed that my heart skips a beat when I see this thread at the top of the page, and that there's new entries. It's like I want to know, but I'm dreading the latest news. I sincerely hope there's a positive outcome for Brian and his family. I think the response from fellow Pearl Jam fans has been absolutely amazing and shows that human compassion is alive and well and knows no bounds.
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    manonkouch wrote:
    I was watching something on the E! channel the other day and I saw a commercial for a show about bad things happening on Spring Break. I could have sworn that they showed a picture of Brian. It was really quick so I am not 100% sure it was him. I believe the show is on tomorrow 4/7 at 5pm Eastern/4 Central. Once again I really don't know if it was him but I will be taping to find out.
    A buddy of mine works at a local production company here in Columbus, and I can confirm that they did some video work for Brian, so I believe he is part of it.
  • Options
    manonkouch wrote:
    Its on right now...... It is about him.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    this is intense and i hope all is well for him and his family.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    reenkroink wrote:
    Its on right now...... It is about him.

I stumbled across this last night and was so saddened. The fact that the cameras picked him up going back in the bar late in the night and never saw him again is very creepy. The security cams seemed to be pretty good ones in that you could clearly see the coming and goings of the bar patrons. They showed the construction area and how he could have left or been taken out that way freaked me out.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    la_paltala_palta Posts: 3
    es lamentable lo que sucedio con el muchacho.. espero lo encuentren vivo por su esposa y por su familia!! fuerza desde chile!!!!
  • Options
    I don't speak Spanish, so I put that through Bablefish:

it is lamentable what sucedio with the boy. I hope find it alive by its wife and her family! force from Chile!

I love Bablefish, even if it doesn't make sense.

But everyone is thanked for their good thoughts and support, no matter where they're from.

Let me try now:

Gracias por las buenas palabras, nuestro amigo de Chile.

Oh, and that means:
    Thank you for the good words, our friend from Chile.
  • Options
    Such a sad thread. :(

I wish I knew what to say..
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    I thought it was odd that on the E! show, they didnt' mention his tattoo or the work of the pearl jam fans, or eddie mentioning him at one of the shows. it seems like that would have been a noteworthy fact to add in.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,252
    one year and counting - very very sad - let's hope there is closure on this at some point for his family especially.

and I agree with a previous poster giving a shout out to Kat and Sea for leaving this as a sticky. Very classy of everyone involved here.
  • Options
    Jzs20Jzs20 Posts: 28
    I Feel for his family......
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Why hasn't Nancy Grace or America's Most Wanted taken this on? Pardon me if they have, but if not, they do good work. They do get to the bottom of these kinds of cases.
    Its been long enough.
    The "big" media needs to help now.
    People don't disappear into thn air. He is somewhere.
    I think Nancy or Walsh could push the local cops into a way deeper investigation, plus it would put his pic natoinwide.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    I thought it was odd that on the E! show, they didnt' mention his tattoo or the work of the pearl jam fans, or eddie mentioning him at one of the shows. it seems like that would have been a noteworthy fact to add in.

I didn't see the show, but you'd think the tattoo would be mentioned, especially as that is an identifying mark.

I don't want to take this thread in a new direction, or get political in here, but I was watching some news-type show, and they were talking about how many Iraqis (I think) were getting tattoos as identification marks. Similar way of thinking, IMO.

Get the word out that he has a stickman tattoo on his upper arm and it's something people can look for.
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Why hasn't Nancy Grace or America's Most Wanted taken this on? Pardon me if they have, but if not, they do good work. They do get to the bottom of these kinds of cases.
    Its been long enough.
    The "big" media needs to help now.
    People don't disappear into thn air. He is somewhere.
    I think Nancy or Walsh could push the local cops into a way deeper investigation, plus it would put his pic natoinwide.

Dateline had a feature, but I agree. More needs to be done to get it to national media.

I'm not bashing anything, but i've seen the following media all cover the story:
    a) This thread
    b) The mention at the Cincinnati show
    c) The concerts where people passed out the fliers and t-shirts
    d) Dateline
    e) Local Columbus media, as well as the Central Ohio Crimestoppers.

Only one of those seems to be really mainstream national media, where non-PJ fans could become aware of him.

The more people that know, the better.
  • Options
    crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    Dateline had a feature, but I agree. More needs to be done to get it to national media.

I'm not bashing anything, but i've seen the following media all cover the story:
    a) This thread
    b) The mention at the Cincinnati show
    c) The concerts where people passed out the fliers and t-shirts
    d) Dateline
    e) Local Columbus media, as well as the Central Ohio Crimestoppers.

Only one of those seems to be really mainstream national media, where non-PJ fans could become aware of him.

The more people that know, the better.

my friend in cleveland said she heard nothing about it on the news there. you'd think at least other ohio cities would have been talking about it but they didn't. the only reason she knew about it is because me and all of our friends were at the same bar as brian the night of his disappearance.
  • Options
    namelessnameless Posts: 21
    i wish there was some way i could help. my thoughts and hopes are with them.
    sometimes i walk, sometimes i kneel, sometimes i speak of nothing at all...

www.myspace/riotacter

9/24/96, 11/18/97, 11/19/97, 6/14/98, 6/29/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 9/7/98, 8/3/00, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 9/4/00, 9/5/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 7/1/03, 7/12/03(fav.), 10/6/04, 5/30/06, 8/5/07....