Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    juannis wrote:
    also, what was his motive for getting a lawyer so quickly, and why wont he talk or take a lie test. clint is either guilty or protecting someone else who is guilty. med students just don't dissappear from a great life to get away and start over. come on people.

Are you serious? Med students are under more stress than probably 99% of the rest of society.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Some people just freak out under pressure. Maybe he feels so much strain about the situation that he doesn't want to be hooked up to a machine and be called a a liar.

I'd be real careful in what I say about someone. Even hinting around that someone might be a murderer based on NO evidence is scary.

I agree, this thread is to keep the news out there, not to speculate on his friend's behavior and making accusations
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I agree, this thread is to keep the news out there, not to speculate on his friend's behavior and making accusations

It's been a long time, Marsha.

Why hasn't he come out to talk about his friend?

If it were you Marsha, I'd tell them exactly WHERE I last saw you, that I saw you going in that direction, etc...

I wouldn't hide from the media - unless my life was in danger. But still, I'd somehow share with people. There's no information of details from either of them regarding Brian on that night.

I'm sorry if you all thought I was being harsh.

I just don't understand why he wasn't being open and cooperating with the police.

If anyone finds my comments offensive, then I'll just keep them to myself.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Are you serious? Med students are under more stress than probably 99% of the rest of society.

yes being a med student is much more stressful then to be dying of cancer

or to be caring for your dying parents

or to be an EMT driving around town picking up dying people

memorizing a book is not stressful
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I was hoping to stop by in this thread again for some good news, but now I just have more questions regarding this Clint character...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Some people just freak out under pressure. Maybe he feels so much strain about the situation that he doesn't want to be hooked up to a machine and be called a a liar.

I'd be real careful in what I say about someone. Even hinting around that someone might be a murderer based on NO evidence is scary.

that's kind of my point...
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    that's kind of my point...

You can still cooperate with the police otherwise... but not to say anything to the media or even sharing information with anyone else.... does make one suspcious, doesn't it? Especially after so long...

You could explain to the media why you didn't want to take the test but still very concerned about your missing friend, providing details on your last encounter with him?

I feel like I'm getting attacked for even trying to find leads...and I just have a feeling that Clint is holding something back and something is NOT right.

If freaking out is the reason - okay, but time has PASSED by for the person to continue freaking out...?
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    Not to sound loopy but has anyone considered a psychic? Sylvia Brown is the best in the business and if you don't know who she is, she is the psychic that is on Montel all the time. she is legit, and I would bet one of my fingers that she can help resolve this mess.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    You can still cooperate with the police otherwise... but not to say anything to the media or even sharing information with anyone else.... does make one suspcious, doesn't it? Especially after so long...

You could explain to the media why you didn't want to take the test but still very concerned about your missing friend, providing details on your last encounter with him?

I feel like I'm getting attacked for even trying to find leads...and I just have a feeling that Clint is holding something back and something is NOT right.

If freaking out is the reason - okay, but time has PASSED by for the person to continue freaking out...?

There is nothing wrong with being passionate and caring in this situation. I'm not accusing you of showing a lack of taste for your posts. I am just giving you my opinion on the other side of why the guy might not want to take the test. That's it.
  • Options
    Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    I've seen this thing on the message boards forever and i was always like that sucks and everything but I never gave it much thought. Then last night my Mom tells me about her cousin's daughter's boyfriend went missing and so I log in to the message board today and i was like holy crap thats the guy!! Anyway so I'm actually related to this guy's girlfriend according to my mom. "My cousin, Melanie, her daughter Alexis ( your cousin)was engaged to him". Crazy huh!! I guess Pearl Jam runs in the family although I don't know if ALexis is a PJ fan. Anyway my deepest condolence's to this guy and his family. I hope he comes home safe and sound.
    Be excellent to each other
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with being passionate and caring in this situation. I'm not accusing you of showing a lack of taste for your posts. I am just giving you my opinion on the other side of why the guy might not want to take the test. That's it.

Thanks, I felt bad about it, though.

I understand you were stating your opinions and I'm all for civil discussion. I apologize if I didn't make it seem that way.

I wasn't trying to attack him personally but rather to point out some things that didn't seem right about him.

Dustin51 - I'm sorry it's hitting closer to home for you. Alexis is not a pj fan, but a GREAT person and she's been holding up pretty incredible for a young woman who's still in love with Brian. I honestly don't know what I'd do... I'd go beresk if it were me... I'd feel like I wanted to drop everything and just go to all four corners looking for him.

I don't know... I feel like we need to put more pressure on the friends to tell us more. That way we can analyze more information.

That would definitely clear them of being suspects so we can move on to different leads, if any.

Right now, I just feel like it's pointing at them, especially Clint.

I wish this would end, too.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Juannis wrote:
    Not to sound loopy but has anyone considered a psychic? Sylvia Brown is the best in the business and if you don't know who she is, she is the psychic that is on Montel all the time. she is legit, and I would bet one of my fingers that she can help resolve this mess.

No offense, and not to get off topic, but this sort of thing scares me. Sylvia Brown is a very evil person, with nothing but bad intentions. I am a professional magician, so I use many techniques similar to what she does on her shows, but not to convince people that I actually have information. She is great at acquiring information, but when asked to perform by those such as James Randi, under test conditions, she fails miserably.
  • Options
    Seemed weird that friend didn't want to take lie detecyor test but those are not 100% so I also understand why he wouldn't do it also?

Great I'm starting to argue with myself.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I just read a story where some guy was lost since October 2002 and just returned to his family. Things like that always help me get a positive reinforcement that this can have a a happy ending.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    magikev wrote:
    No offense, and not to get off topic, but this sort of thing scares me. Sylvia Brown is a very evil person, with nothing but bad intentions. I am a professional magician, so I use many techniques similar to what she does on her shows, but not to convince people that I actually have information. She is great at acquiring information, but when asked to perform by those such as James Randi, under test conditions, she fails miserably.

I definetly have to agree with you. This woman is so phoney. I watch her on Montel all the time and you can see her maninpulate people and say stuff like OH Didn't I Just Say That. She is so phoney. There are plentey of other credible phyics that the Cops and Fbi use. This woman belongs in a freak show.

Still I just jumped in to hear if there was any word about this guy coming home or being found. I put some posters up here at Wooster College even just trying to help. I feel bad for the family. I was just reading the news about the little 11 yr. old boy in MO. They found him alive in some scum bags apt. with a boy who had been missing since 2002. Both boys were fine as far as physical. Who knows what he did to there minds. The guy needs to get his in prision.
    The world is full of bad news. I try to remain thinking about the good but the bad always gets in.
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    I am Mine,

No reason to apologize to me, I am, I guess related to Alexis but I don’t know her or anything. I was just pointing out what a small world we live in. I do wish for the best though for all parties involved. This is certainly a very tragic situation.

And to everyone else,

As far as Psychic’s go…I hate to be a Nancy esta Negativo and this should probably be on a separate thread but they are all frauds.
    Be excellent to each other
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    IamMine wrote:

I'm sorry if you all thought I was being harsh.

I just don't understand why he wasn't being open and cooperating with the police.

Oh no not at all Mel, I understand your passion about this. I just think since we are not directly involved with the investigation and don't know all the details, that it may not be fair to be so suspicious of the friend. He may have very legitimate reasons for not taking a polygraph.

It's just so very sad.
  • Options
    Oh no not at all Mel, I understand your passion about this. I just think since we are not directly involved with the investigation and don't know all the details, that it may not be fair to be so suspicious of the friend. He may have very legitimate reasons for not taking a polygraph.

It's just so very sad.

Yes, it's very sad.

I did think about what you said before - it still shouldn't stop him from coming to the media and tell his story, especially wish for a safe return of his friend? Why not?

Do we know details about their time with Brian that night - most importantly towards the end of the night, right before he was 'gone'.

Isn't this what the public deserves to know? Why are they hiding behind their lawyers?

It is not just about the polygraph test, I don't think so.

My gut feeling is that he is withhelding information - not necessarily making him a 'suspect' - but possibly very helpful to the police.

If he's hiding behind the laywers - then it makes it harder for the police to try to find information if he's not cooperating.

Even if it doesn't lead them to anything...?

If anything, it would clear them of being suspects if they cooperated.

Dustin51 - hi, you might want to say hi to your cousin via myspace!? I believe it's on the first post by Lost In Ohio.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    My thoughts and prayers are with Brian's family.

I googled his name and looked at this link. I cannot believe how many people are missing in Ohio. Two other's situations in Columbus sound similar, last seen at a bar or restaurant.

http://www.ohiomissingadults.com/Default.asp?pagenum=1
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Thats Crazy. Eddie made an announcement about this when they played at Cincinatti on June, 24 2006. Then they played Wishlist and dedicated it to him. Sure hope he is found!
    "Looking in the eyes of the fallen
    You got to know there's another Way."
  • Options
    taratara Posts: 293
    man, every time this thread bumps to the top of the stickies my stomach flips and i think 'they found him'
    there was a canadian girl down in peru or something, her family hadn't heard from her in 6 months, they feared kidnapping, a few months after it was published in the newspaper she turned up, she had gone to work on some farm and neglected to let her parents know. i'm praying that's the case here
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    tara wrote:
    man, every time this thread bumps to the top of the stickies my stomach flips and i think 'they found him'
    there was a canadian girl down in peru or something, her family hadn't heard from her in 6 months, they feared kidnapping, a few months after it was published in the newspaper she turned up, she had gone to work on some farm and neglected to let her parents know. i'm praying that's the case here

Same here. I get an email from the message pit every time someone responds to this thread. The next email subject below this one was a breaking news email from the Columbus NBC affiliate. I actually get a lot of those news emails, but still, every time I get an email from this thread, something inside me gets worried...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    tara wrote:

Me too! Please let us know when we have any news.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Thats Crazy. Eddie made an announcement about this when they played at Cincinatti on June, 24 2006. Then they played Wishlist and dedicated it to him. Sure hope he is found!

Luckily, someone's video camera was rolling and was able to upload that announcement to the internet so we all could watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg

Various accounts of the show begin at post 225 of this thread.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3423204&postcount=225
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Luckily, someone's video camera was rolling and was able to upload that announcement to the internet so we all could watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg

Various accounts of the show begin at post 225 of this thread.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3423204&postcount=225

I just saw a DVD of the Cincy show and that was a very touching moment during the concert.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=153072080

That myspace profile was recently featured on Columbus news. I've been meaning to post it, but it kept slipping my mind.

Part of me still doesn't think it was a crime. Usually, when there's a crime, there's some sort of sign, or a witness, or clues. But if it wasn't a crime, then what was it? Did he just instantly forget who he was and take on another identity? If he had to flee for a bit, you'd hope he would have left a note or something, even if it was something like:

"I have to leave...I don't know when i'll be back...Don't try calling me, but I just need some time alone. I'll be thinking of you"

There wasn't even a note.
  • Options
    I'm still holding out hope that they'll find him. :(
  • Options
    His birthday was Feb 11th. He turned 28.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    we miss you brian!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    A criminal investigation should have long been started.
    If this were my 28 year old kid...I would hound them until it was.
    They need to get on it...as they wait, evidence and god knows what else is being hiddden and lost.
    He is a missing person, regardless of whether he wants to be missing or not...he is missing.
    Now, becasue of that...an investigation would force thsoe "friends" his to be questioned...and hopefully undertake a lie detector test for the police.
    This has gone on too long.
    Save room for dessert!