Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i just moved into one of the graduate towers here at ohio state, and one of the first things i saw inside the building was a flyer with brian and all his info on it.
    think about him every time i go by that bar on high st.
    sad. i'm hoping for the best in this situation. hoping he comes home.
    :(
  • Options
    Hey is this guy still missing? I had to ask because I haven't been on the site for almost a month now and right away I see this thread still here. If he hasn't been found by now, this is some serious shit. How sad.
    :cool:
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    VEDDERFAN1 wrote:
    Hey is this guy still missing?

He is. There'll be something popping up every once in a while, so the authorities are still looking, but he's still out there somewhere...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9913940/detail.html

some new info. apparently his cell phone has been used.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    crittables wrote:
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/9913940/detail.html

some new info. apparently his cell phone has been used.

Thank you!!

I really hope that leads to something this time!!

So glad there were more clues for them to keep working on!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I hope something comes froms this. I just exchanged *notes* with his girlfriend last night. Hoping for something wonderful from this news!!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Hopefully this will bring good news!
  • Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    Oh wow! That is potentially good news. I sure hope it leads to something more.
  • Options
    SharonC wrote:
    Oh wow! That is potentially good news. I sure hope it leads to something more.

Apparently cell phones can be tracked (the article was talking about the cell phone tower) so hopefully they can pinpoint his location.

The best case explanation (in my eyes/thoughts/opinion) is that he disappeared, turned his phone off, then re-surfaced and turned it on. For some reason, he's probably a bit hesitant to contact his friends/family. In fact, I probably would be too, after being away without notice or contact for several months.

There is the case that someone found his phone, but let's not think about this one. But if the phone WAS found, wouldn't someone return it? It's not that hard to look through the contacts to find a "mom", "dad", "home", or something similar.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    how do you know his cell has been used? cell usage can totally be traced, both by numbers called / recieved and by where they were called / recieved from. especially when the police are helping. i first read about this last night and it made me just about cry. i will try in all ways i can to help find brian too. but, how do you really know the phone was used?
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I sincerely hope that this will bring good news, and soon. Continued thoughts being sent the familys way.
  • Options
    juannis wrote:
    how do you know his cell has been used? cell usage can totally be traced, both by numbers called / recieved and by where they were called / recieved from. especially when the police are helping. i first read about this last night and it made me just about cry. i will try in all ways i can to help find brian too. but, how do you really know the phone was used?

I believe the news article said that Brian's father Randy tried to call Brian's cell and instead of the usual just going to voicemail- it rang several times then went to voicemail. As if the phone was turned on.
  • Options
    news articles....i'll have to do some research. what i now don't understand is that if he has been getting calls going right to his v-mail and possibly a recent call that rang a few times before heading to v-mail...who is paying his cell bill? and is the mailbox full or not? if it's not full, someone is listening and clearing them out. also, wouldn't your account be closed if not paid and their would be no v-mail anymore either? this is probably all obvious, but i needed tothrow it out there....maybe got other people thinking too.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    Hows is the phone staying charged? Good luck in finding him...hope it works out.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    news articles....i'll have to do some research. what i now don't understand is that if he has been getting calls going right to his v-mail and possibly a recent call that rang a few times before heading to v-mail...who is paying his cell bill? and is the mailbox full or not? if it's not full, someone is listening and clearing them out. also, wouldn't your account be closed if not paid and their would be no v-mail anymore either? this is probably all obvious, but i needed tothrow it out there....maybe got other people thinking too.

I would imagine his father is still paying for the cell phone...in hope of finding him.

If you stop the services, then it's useless, isn't it? Someone could easily just throw it away because it's no good.

But if it's still in service, there's good chances...
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Has the family tried contacting anyone like America's Most Wanted, or any of those kinds of shows. I know I watch them all the time, like the shows on A&E about people missing. It would really get the news out of just Ohio and perhaps help find him. The shows are very popular and people on them are alot of times recognized. Perhaps he has amnesia.
    I am just guessing of coarse but personally I check this thread alot to learn of the poor guys status and I am sure many other people care too.
    My prayers are sent.
    vedderfan1
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    I would imagine his father is still paying for the cell phone...in hope of finding him.

Even moreso if it's a family plan. If that was the case, his phone would still be active because his parents would be paying for their phones.
  • Options
    VEDDERFAN1 wrote:
    Has the family tried contacting anyone like America's Most Wanted, or any of those kinds of shows. I know I watch them all the time, like the shows on A&E about people missing. It would really get the news out of just Ohio and perhaps help find him. The shows are very popular and people on them are alot of times recognized. Perhaps he has amnesia.
    I am just guessing of coarse but personally I check this thread alot to learn of the poor guys status and I am sure many other people care too.
    My prayers are sent.

His story was featured on Dateline. If you look through the thread, you'll find Kat posted a link to a FOX News feature on him.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i hope this is a good sign! come home, brian....
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    Fingers crossed.

And Brian, if you read this, please be safe...
    'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy' - Tom Waits
    --
    Free the West Memphis Three!
    http://www.wm3.org
  • Options
    there was an article about him on the front page of the columbus dispatch today. unfortunately no new leads in the case. and the cell phone thing was just a glitch.

http://dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/10/01/20061001-A1-01.html

what's weird is they say they don't have footage of him leaving the bar that night, but i know someone who works for security in the gateway (the gateway is a bunch of bars, restaraunts, stores and apt) and he said they do actually have footage of him. don't know if he's telling the truth.
  • Options
    Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Very good, but very hard article to read.
    Thanks for posting it.

Alexis is one amazingly strong woman.

I'm still praying for closure one way or another for everyone.
    Can't imagine living this horror.
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • Options
    Thanks, crittables - that was a very emotional article.

I had a hard time holding back tears.

I was going to copy and paste the article, but it wouldn't fit in one post.

I wonder why Brian's friend refused to take the lie test?

Why not?

And why did he need a laywer?

I don't know what to say... jesus.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    IamMine wrote:
    I was going to copy and paste the article, but it wouldn't fit in one post.

This isn't just directed at you, but that's actually a copyright violation. The owners of the board (in this case 10C could get in big trouble.) A lot of boards probably let it slide because they don't know/don't care, have bigger things to worry about (spam/bad users) or are based out of the US where the laws might vary.
    I know -- you're probably as shocked as I was when I found out. A little bit is ok, but a whole article is a no-no. I guess the thinking is similar to typing a paper without citations or copying someone else's work and calling it your own.

It sucks for people with slow internet, though. They may or may not check their email and find a new reply. They come here, that's bandwidth. They go to another site to read, that's more bandwidth.

Anyway, back on topic. Hopefully it's the amnesia thought and he just had to get away. Medical school plus death of parent can be stressfull enough. With that said, why didn't he get help? He doesn't seem like the type of person someone would want dead, but in these times, it's hard to tell. You just need one guy with a grudge and another guy in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

He's out there though. We'll find him. :)
  • Options
    Yes, I'm surprised - but I thought that as long as you provide the link, you're stating that you're NOT owning the story, but rather providing a copy of the story, including the editor's name, etc..

That's how it's done in the MT all the time?

Regardless, that is an article that should be read.

crittables, can you find out more information about that person who claims that there's actually a footage of Brian leaving the bar? I know it's hearsay, but we need all the help we can get here and for Alexis and Brian's family?

I feel bad for Brian's friend at the same time, but I think he should do the police and the family a favor and take the lie test. Hell, Brian's father took one to clear himself.

Why not the friend as well? I don't know what his reasons were.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    IamMine wrote:
    I feel bad for Brian's friend at the same time, but I think he should do the police and the family a favor and take the lie test. Hell, Brian's father took one to clear himself.

Why not the friend as well? I don't know what his reasons were.

I agree. If he takes the test, then it'll clear his name. It varies in each state, but I think that a polygraph test as lone evidence generally doesn't hold up in court. So if the friend does know something, they'd still need more evidence. (All this assumes way too much, obviously.)

Take the test, maybe take multiple tests in multiple settings. Maybe that would get more accurate results?
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    This isn't just directed at you, but that's actually a copyright violation. The owners of the board (in this case 10C could get in big trouble.) A lot of boards probably let it slide because they don't know/don't care, have bigger things to worry about (spam/bad users) or are based out of the US where the laws might vary.
    I know -- you're probably as shocked as I was when I found out. A little bit is ok, but a whole article is a no-no. I guess the thinking is similar to typing a paper without citations or copying someone else's work and calling it your own.

As long as you cite your source with a direct link, it's not in violation.
  • Options
    still praying for his safe return to his family.
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    crittables, can you find out more information about that person who claims that there's actually a footage of Brian leaving the bar? I know it's hearsay, but we need all the help we can get here and for Alexis and Brian's family?

i'm assuming it's either false information, or the police know about the footage and for some reason aren't telling us. i don't know why they would keep this information a secret, so i figure my source isn't telling the truth.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    WOW, great article. I can't imagine what Alexis is going thru. I've talked to her a few times thru myspace and she's always so genuine. Gosh, I only wish the best for her. I hope her life will someday be all ok. She is going to be an amazing doctor. Ok, I'm balling my eyes out...........
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........