Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    SundinSundin Posts: 11
    I love how you think you have the slightest clue about what the family should do/have done. Don't you go and freakin judge people in that kind of situation, who knows how you would handle it.
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Sundin wrote:
    I love how you think you have the slightest clue about what the family should do/have done. Don't you go and freakin judge people in that kind of situation, who knows how you would handle it.
    I KNOW if my 28 year old daughter, which I do have one, was missing, what I would do!!!! I'd be damned if I didn't do everything possible.
    When the last people who saw her refuses to take polygraphs...I know damn well what I would do. Don't judge me either.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I KNOW if my 28 year old daughter, which I do have one, was missing, what I would do!!!! I'd be damned if I didn't do everything possible.
    When the last people who saw her refuses to take polygraphs...I know damn well what I would do. Don't judge me either.

To say you know how you would react is quite silly, but whatever, have fun feeling righteous.
  • Options
    Sundin wrote:
    To say you know how you would react is quite silly, but whatever, have fun feeling righteous.
    Nobody's feeling righteous, not many of us know what it's like for his family, but I think most of us could imagine that we would devote every second to finding him... and I'm sure his family are doing the same. We all would just have different ways of going about that though. I personally would go the Jack Bauer route to be honest, but that's just me.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Sundin wrote:
    It doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to know that if my kid was missing I would HAVE to take ALL avenues to find her.
    Righteousness has nothing to do with it.
    Actually, now that I think about it, my 14 year old son was missing for 3 days from a place about 3 hours from our home. I was at home at the time. This was many years ago. I searched the ditches along the expressway and somehow managed to get all the truckers to watch for him along the route he was last seen on. I pulled all kinds of stuff to find him. I never stopped. I questioned every single person who last saw him, etc, etc.
    I think you are the one judging.
    It is an easy answer to at least eliminate the last people who were with him and get them out of the way if they are innocent. Its common sense, not righteousness.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    jendufjenduf Posts: 43
  • Options
    can everyone please take their arguments elsewhere, this thread is about brian. a little respect please.
  • Options
    is ther a criminal investigation going on for this? if there isn't i really cant believe it. people just don't dissappear never to be seen again unless something happened.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    crittables wrote:
    can everyone please take their arguments elsewhere, this thread is about brian. a little respect please.

really. every thread turns into a bashing session. it makes me realize why so many fans don't even come on here anymore.

and every time i see a response to this thread i think it is good news....
    my heart goes out to these people.
  • Options
    really. every thread turns into a bashing session. it makes me realize why so many fans don't even come on here anymore.

and every time i see a response to this thread i think it is good news....
    my heart goes out to these people.

Sorry, i was thinking about the family here, imagine if they came here thinking they're gonna get support only to find out they're being fuckin judged by people who don't know anything. Imagine being accused of not doing enough for your missing son.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Not to be insensitive here, but at what point does this get un-stickied? I mean the word is out there, I don't think there is anything more the kind souls of this board can do.

Sad and tragic, but what more can we do being strangers on a message board? The missing guy wasn't even a member here, was he?

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I feel as though this tough question needs to be asked.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Not to be insensitive here, but at what point does this get un-stickied? I mean the word is out there, I don't think there is anything more the kind souls of this board can do.

Sad and tragic, but what more can we do being strangers on a message board? The missing guy wasn't even a member here, was he?

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I feel as though this tough question needs to be asked.

Because this comforts Alexis and Brian's father.... they do come here and check time to time.

We can only hope that some anonymous tippers will come here.

So far, no luck.

I still say more pressure needs to be exterted on the friends, since they were the last ones to see Brian.

Sorry. I still stand on that one.

A woman, who lived just 15 minutes away from here, was reported missing from her husband.

He was the last person to see her... crying on the news and all that.

Turned out he strangled her and chopped her up. You all probably have seen him on the news.

So close to my home.

My point is.... need to keep questioning those two friends. I have yet seen them coming forward.

Anyway.... this thread stays up.

For the sake of Brian's friends and family.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    i never expected he would be missing for so long...... wow
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    EdgeRNEdgeRN Posts: 1
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/11230632/detail.html

Whoever it is, it is someone's loved one.
  • Options
    EdgeRN wrote:

That's sad.

I hope they will identify whose body it is so a family can have a proper closure.

:(
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I was beginning to wonder for a while what ever happened to him and if they found him...really sucks, and really sad too.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    EdgeRN wrote:

i guess it was not Brian..........
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    i guess it was not Brian..........

I couldn't find the update on that body... how do you know it wasn't Brian?

I'd be very glad if it wasn't... gives us a hope that he's still alive....
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    IamMine wrote:
    I couldn't find the update on that body... how do you know it wasn't Brian?

Oh, I don't. Just figured something would have been posted here if it was.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Oh, I don't. Just figured something would have been posted here if it was.

Oh, right!

That's a good thing, then.... :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:

Yet somebody else's family found out that it's their loved one, but it's okay because it's not Brian?

Way to be insensitive.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    Yet somebody else's family found out that it's their loved one, but it's okay because it's not Brian?

Way to be insensitive.

That was not my implication at all, sorry it came out that way.

I do not wish it to be anyone else, nor do I wish it for to be Brian.

It is a difficult time for anyone when a situtation like that comes up.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    IamMine....you speak as though you personally know Brian and his family. Is that true?
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    IamMine....you speak as though you personally know Brian and his family. Is that true?

No, I don't.

I had spoken with his father through email for a while, and then with his girlfriend, Alexis from time to time.

But no, I don't know them personally.

I just feel very emotional about our missing Pearl Jam fan - Pearl Jam Community is like a family, you know.
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    life is good
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Today on the local news, they had a teaser during the 5 PM news for a story coming up at 5:30.

"A body had been found in a Big 10 university. Could this be the body of a missing student? Find out more at 5:30."

It was NOT Brian, in fact it was a Purdue University student.

Damn teasers. :mad:

Here's the story if anyone's interested. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought of Brian. They did show this guy's picture and it wasn't one of the several we've seen of Brian, but for some reason, Brian came to mind... (Part of me thinks they planned it that way, and if that's the case, then they need a new guy to write their teasers.)

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/Purdue_body_identified_as_freshman/20070320-123241-2805r/
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Has anyone heard any recent information on Brian?
  • Options
    edvedr13edvedr13 Posts: 241
    Come Home soon
    Joe
    "It's Evolution Baby"
    Montreal '00; Toronto '03; Montreal '03; Kitchener '05; London '05; Hamilton '05; Toronto '05; Toronto '06 x2; Boston '06; Toronto '08 x2 (Eddie)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    It's now officially been one year.

Alexis and Brian's family still haven't given up hope. There was a remembrance ceremony outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona (the bar where Brian was last seen) earlier today. I didn't know about it, so I didn't go, but local news media was there.

I guess Alexis and Randy (his dad) and probably other people all had a chance to speak at a microphone.

The cameras were filming Randy and managed to pick up the white shirt he had on. It had a red stripe near the top with the words "MISSING PEARL JAM FAN" at the top.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"