Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    I didn't think if you drew a venn diagram of Pearl Jam fans and Dua Lipa fans there would be any overlap but seems like there's at least 1 person
    The Rocket Man thing she did with Elton John was cool
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    Kearn5y said:
    popping on the Pearl Jam forum and seeing the names Taylor Swift and Billie Ellish.  WTF
    Going to the lovely Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely lovely. 
    Hopefully you enjoy the show. I desperately need 2 more tickets for the last Dublin show. 
    Need 1! 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    I didn't think if you drew a venn diagram of Pearl Jam fans and Dua Lipa fans there would be any overlap but seems like there's at least 1 person
    Andrew Watt
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 523
    edited May 14
    I typically don't listen to pop artists, but Dua Lipa stood out to me for some reason.  Her energy and creativity is refreshing, super talented.  I think a lot of Pearl Jam fans have a diverse taste in music, and a great taste too obviously because Pearl Jam is amazing.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 195
    I'll throw Lana Del Rey in the ring for super talented contemporary artists. Very moody music too which might appeal to PJ fans
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,026
    Rockism in 2024. wattba

• Options
    pOp MuSiC iSn'T rEaL mUsIc
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    Make that 2 :wink:

I love great music, unless it's country... can't do it. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Its no Future Nostalgia, but I'm enjoying the new Dua Lipa. I really like what Kevin Parker brought to the table 

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Is Setting Sun closing every show?
  • Options
    So far, yes. 

• Options
    I want Pearl Jam to play the new music, but not too much of it and not in the same order unless it's the whole album. Also play less hits from Ten and more of that music from Binaural, Riot Act and BS because I hated hearing those songs on previous tours because they killed the mood, but now I want you to play 1 random some from each album every night even if they sound rough. Oh, and also quit closing with that new song, maybe open with it and play DM in reverse order to start the show or something like you did with the out of order Self Titled tracks in Italy in 2006.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Play Lost Dogs start to finish 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 523
    New complaint:  the official complaint thread is off topic.  Less fun talk, more complaints!

I agree, much less Ten on the 2024 tour.  Need room for songs from VS thru ST
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,182
    My feet hurt.
    Tweaked my back today loading bags of dirt in my car right after dude said some of these are heavy.
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 706
    edited May 14
    tbergs said:
    I want Pearl Jam to play the new music, but not too much of it and not in the same order unless it's the whole album. Also play less hits from Ten and more of that music from Binaural, Riot Act and BS because I hated hearing those songs on previous tours because they killed the mood, but now I want you to play 1 random some from each album every night even if they sound rough. Oh, and also quit closing with that new song, maybe open with it and play DM in reverse order to start the show or something like you did with the out of order Self Titled tracks in Italy in 2006.
    Exactly this, I've seen evenflow 2500 times already and it has nothing to do with the amount of shows I go to and everything to do with the band overplaying it.
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    tbergs said:
    Exactly this, I've seen evenflow 2500 times already and it has nothing to do with the amount of shows I go to and everything to do with the band overplaying it.
    Just to be clear, my post was sarcastic and not a real complaint I have.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,439
    tbergs said:
    Make that 2 :wink:

I love great music, unless it's country... can't do it. 
    Agree about country but probably because when I was little my gramma would get drunk and make me dance with her.  I still get the willies 😂
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 706
    edited May 14
    tbergs said:
    beano.79 said:
    tbergs said:
    Just to be clear, my post was sarcastic and not a real complaint I have.
    Crystal! Englishman here, understanding sarcasm is not an issue 😁, and I have seen evenflow maybe 6 times 😁
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 382
    The 10 pm curfew at the Waldbühne Berlin is getting on my nerves. And even more so that Pearl Jam won't start earlier this year either and will instead be completely surprised that there's a curfew. 
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    not really a complaint but think this comment fits best here - pretty funny how the festival setlists which are generally pretty predictable, may be the most varied due to the lack of a screen. it'll most likely be the same songs/covers but at least we won't know the slots they're in. 

for the record im very excited for my shows this month but I guess maybe Ohana has some extra juice now
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 278
    I have a complaint about these stupid flat billed snap back hats for kids..... I'm 48 what kind of dick would I look wondering around like a 14 year old . 10c stop selling rubbish hats. Just the normal cap is fine for people our age.  Thank you... Rob 
    I'm in the same age bracket (turning 47 soon) and agree that flat billed hats are a no-no for middle aged dudes. But here's where my knowledge gets a little dicey... isn't a flat billed hat, just a regular hat that hasn't been curved yet?  Or is there something different in the actual design of the bill?
  • Options
    not really a complaint but think this comment fits best here - pretty funny how the festival setlists which are generally pretty predictable, may be the most varied due to the lack of a screen. it'll most likely be the same songs/covers but at least we won't know the slots they're in. 

for the record im very excited for my shows this month but I guess maybe Ohana has some extra juice now
    I think you're on to something...Ohana is the white whale shows this year. Going to be crazy!
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Posts: 280
    What the hell? A few days ago FLAC digital download for Van N1 was $17. Today, that and N2 is $24. What the actual fuck?
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Posts: 280
    What the hell? A few days ago FLAC digital download for Van N1 was $17. Today, that and N2 is $24. What the actual fuck?

Mystery Solved:  Different currency. I'm using the same computer and yet Sunday it quoted me in USD and today CAD.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,262
    my complaint is why no date mike hat?

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 670
    Traffic jams and coolant hoses fucking suck!
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,481
    I have a complaint about these stupid flat billed snap back hats for kids..... I'm 48 what kind of dick would I look wondering around like a 14 year old . 10c stop selling rubbish hats. Just the normal cap is fine for people our age.  Thank you... Rob 
    Hot water or a steamer, a cup, and some rubber bands.  Pretty easy really. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,504
    Hot water or a steamer, a cup, and some rubber bands.  Pretty easy really. 
    No it's not. The peak is too wide for that. It works with a cap but these wide flat ones not at all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    BF25394 said:
    I fucking despise Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. Horrible. 
    Going to the Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely. 
    Have fun!  To each their own. 
    I think their music and personalities suck. 
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    "Terrible corporate music": I don't really know what to say to this. It's just so off-base.

Anyway, I say this based on how she treats people. I have seen her when there are no cameras, and she is unfailingly nice and generous. I have seen her meet with young fans and you would think she was more excited to meet the fans than they were to meet her. I am close friends with someone who grew up around her and her family, and have heard only about how consistently kind and thoughtful she is, and about many acts of thoughtfulness and generosity that she engages in without publicity.

If you think that the fact that Taylor Swift, one of the most famous people in the world, with massive security concerns, refrains from flying commercial makes her not a nice person, well, again, I don't really know how to respond to that.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.