Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,356
    When was the last time Pearl Jam did a 10+ min jammed out version of Half Full or Nothing as it Seems?

Checkmate Jamily

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
    :lol:
    I cannot stand how even the Complainers Thread has people arguing. 
    😉

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RS72927RS72927 HENDERSON, NV Posts: 9
    I've been enjoying the sarcasm on this thread, until I woke up this morning to horrible news which I would now like to complain about. Vancouver and Portland get awesome jerseys, Sacramento got a cool banner, VEGAS GETS F-ING DICE AND PLAYING CARDS??!!??!! It’s Vegas - every one of the thousands of gift shops and convenience stores sell dice and cards, there is no shortage!! What are you going to sell in NYC, Statue of Liberty tchotchkes??!!??!! There’s not enough of those around the city!!

Seriously, VGK are defending Stanley Cup champs. Aces are defending two-in-a-row WNBA champs. The Raiders are present (sorry Raider Nation, not my team just because you moved to town). And you chose dice and cards?? SMH!!!!!!!
    1993: Las Vegas-1&2
    1995: Phoenix, Salt Lake City-1&2
    1997: Oakland (Rolling Stones)-1
    1998: Park City, Phoenix, Las Vegas
    2000: Las Vegas, San Diego, San Bernardino
    2002: Seattle (Key Arena)-1 [w/ Brad]
    2003: San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix
    2005: George WA, Atlantic City-1&2
    2006: Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles-1&2, George WA-1&2
    2009: Seattle-1&2, Universal City CA-1&2, San Diego
    2012: [Flight to Mars-Las Vegas]; [Eddie Vedder Solo-Las Vegas-1&2]
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles-1&2
    2022: San Diego, Phoenix, [GA Pit tix for cancelled Las Vegas]
    2024 Las Vegas- 1&2

Running Totals:  PJ-38,  EV-2,  FTM-1,  Brad-1
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 193
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I fucking despise Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. Horrible. 
    Going to the Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely. 
    Have fun!  To each their own. 
    I think their music and personalities suck. 
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    "Terrible corporate music": I don't really know what to say to this. It's just so off-base.

Anyway, I say this based on how she treats people. I have seen her when there are no cameras, and she is unfailingly nice and generous. I have seen her meet with young fans and you would think she was more excited to meet the fans than they were to meet her. I am close friends with someone who grew up around her and her family, and have heard only about how consistently kind and thoughtful she is, and about many acts of thoughtfulness and generosity that she engages in without publicity.

If you think that the fact that Taylor Swift, one of the most famous people in the world, with massive security concerns, refrains from flying commercial makes her not a nice person, well, again, I don't really know how to respond to that.
    To your last point, it's not about flying private. It's about taking a 10 minute private jet flight that could be substituted for a 30 minute car ride. And her music sucks, period.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,706
    RS72927 said:
    I've been enjoying the sarcasm on this thread, until I woke up this morning to horrible news which I would now like to complain about. Vancouver and Portland get awesome jerseys, Sacramento got a cool banner, VEGAS GETS F-ING DICE AND PLAYING CARDS??!!??!! It’s Vegas - every one of the thousands of gift shops and convenience stores sell dice and cards, there is no shortage!! What are you going to sell in NYC, Statue of Liberty tchotchkes??!!??!! There’s not enough of those around the city!!

Seriously, VGK are defending Stanley Cup champs. Aces are defending two-in-a-row WNBA champs. The Raiders are present (sorry Raider Nation, not my team just because you moved to town). And you chose dice and cards?? SMH!!!!!!!
    Haha yeah that shirt is not worth waiting for. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,315
    edited May 16
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    "Terrible corporate music": I don't really know what to say to this. It's just so off-base.

Anyway, I say this based on how she treats people. I have seen her when there are no cameras, and she is unfailingly nice and generous. I have seen her meet with young fans and you would think she was more excited to meet the fans than they were to meet her. I am close friends with someone who grew up around her and her family, and have heard only about how consistently kind and thoughtful she is, and about many acts of thoughtfulness and generosity that she engages in without publicity.

If you think that the fact that Taylor Swift, one of the most famous people in the world, with massive security concerns, refrains from flying commercial makes her not a nice person, well, again, I don't really know how to respond to that.
    To your last point, it's not about flying private. It's about taking a 10 minute private jet flight that could be substituted for a 30 minute car ride. And her music sucks, period.
    Now we need Snopes to fact check this bullshit. She didn't take a 10 minute (13 actually) flight. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,473
    I have a complaint about these stupid flat billed snap back hats for kids..... I'm 48 what kind of dick would I look wondering around like a 14 year old . 10c stop selling rubbish hats. Just the normal cap is fine for people our age.  Thank you... Rob 
    Hot water or a steamer, a cup, and some rubber bands.  Pretty easy really. 
    No it's not. The peak is too wide for that. It works with a cap but these wide flat ones not at all
    I see what you're saying. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 338
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

You can’t win against this guy, he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, and lets us know multiple times a day on here🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

And yes, her music is crap, complete commercial shite💩💩💩💩

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,271
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

You can’t win against this guy, he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, and lets us know multiple times a day on here🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What’s wrong with commercial music?  Never got this attitude.  Yea sometimes I want just pure pop music to feel good too.  Music doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be just about one genre. 

And she may be commercial and pop but she does it better than anyone has since the 80s of Madonna and whacko Michael Jackson,  she’s probably the biggest star in the world.  
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,900
    edited May 17

What’s wrong with commercial music?  Never got this attitude.  Yea sometimes I want just pure pop music to feel good too.  Music doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be just about one genre. 

And she may be commercial and pop but she does it better than anyone has since the 80s of Madonna and whacko Michael Jackson,  she’s probably the biggest star in the world.  
    Simple as that, well said.
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

I've heard she stays out to late, and has nothing in her brain. At least, that's what people say. :i_dunno:
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Being a star doe not mean the music is quality. She owes her success to marketing.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    That scarf that Taylor gave Jake better be a one of a kind Gucci to make all that fuss about.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Being a star doe not mean the music is quality. She owes her success to marketing.
    There's only so much marketing can do for a crap product. Sure, sales might be inflated because she release 18 different versions of an album, but packed arenas and zillions of fans don't come from marketing.

Maybe she puts narcotics in her songs?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

This is just weird. It's a combination of both. Not everything she releases is great, but she does release some great songs and she's accessible and engaging with her fans. Not everyone wants to be '95 Pearl Jam and try to avoid fame.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,775
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

You don't like her music. We get it. Taste is subjective. But her critical acclaim and massive commercial success suggest that your opinion is not widely shared. Marketing does not write phenomenal songs, let alone a prolific number of them over nearly two decades. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 497
    In the pop music genre, there are actually a few song writers that are specialists in their ability to write smash hits.  Music producers too.  Many artists use the same writers / producers, but some artists just have the "it" factor I guess, which is the over arching talent and ability to help them rise above their peers.  Then the marketing is just rocket fuel at that point.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

You don't like her music. We get it. Taste is subjective. But her critical acclaim and massive commercial success suggest that your opinion is not widely shared. Marketing does not write phenomenal songs, let alone a prolific number of them over nearly two decades. 
    "Phenomenal songs" give me a break lmao
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    “Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto”

legendary songwriter 
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options

legendary songwriter 
    "What you gonna say, but Ole`"
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Went to Sacramento and Vegas 1 got the setlist I wanted. Wah!
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    tbergs said:

legendary songwriter 
    "What you gonna say, but Ole`"
    PJ has bad songs. Taylor has never written a PJ caliber song. 
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 673
    it’s very strange how many people in this thread claim to not want to hear about Taylor Swift and yet will not shut up about Taylor Swift. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,941
    September is too far away 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Posts: 276

2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    kmcmanus said:
    it’s very strange how many people in this thread claim to not want to hear about Taylor Swift and yet will not shut up about Taylor Swift. 
    This, so hard. 

Pretty soon we need to change the title to the T***** S**** Discussion Thread. :rofl:

Back to the regularly scheduled programming....

I want to go to Dublin/Chicago/Ohana......and I also can't make myself pull the trigger on any of them. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    That scarf that Taylor gave Jake better be a one of a kind Gucci to make all that fuss about.
    The scarf is a metaphor.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

"All Too Well," "August," "Invisible String," "Anti-Hero"-- I could go on and on and on. Again, taste is subjective, but dismissing Taylor Swift's ability as a songwriter is basically admitting either to being ignorant about songwriting or ignorant about her body of work. Quoting a line from a virtual B-side is not proving what you think it proves. I could quote you some pretty cringeworthy Eddie Vedder lyrics; it doesn't mean he's not a great songwriter.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

"All Too Well," "August," "Invisible String," "Anti-Hero"-- I could go on and on and on. Again, taste is subjective, but dismissing Taylor Swift's ability as a songwriter is basically admitting either to being ignorant about songwriting or ignorant about her body of work. Quoting a line from a virtual B-side is not proving what you think it proves. I could quote you some pretty cringeworthy Eddie Vedder lyrics; it doesn't mean he's not a great songwriter.
    Trash, trash, trash, and more trash. In my opinion.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,013
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Trash, trash, trash, and more trash. In my opinion.
    Ya we get it lol