Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 674
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Reading about all the bored crowds is a bummer.

Especially when the worlds most famous arena is waiting for them, but they refuse to play enough shows for their most passionate fans. The band can be a real bummer
    I don't know what people are talking about. I've been at all six shows, and the crowds have been anything but bored. I'm also a native New Yorker (and Knicks fan) who has seen them eight times at MSG and doesn't understand why people have convinced themselves that it's something automatically magical. It's actually a crowd with a disproportionate number of rich people and celebrities who are there to be seen.

It’s more about how brutal it is getting tickets at the garden and the rest of the east, while reading indifferent comments here and  available tickets multiply like bunnies everywhere outside of the northeast 
    One of the reasons those tickets are hard to get is that a lot of fans have sold themselves on the idea that shows in the northeastern cities are special, which creates extra demand by people who want to travel to them, when the reality is that special shows happen all over the place. Two of the best PJ shows I've ever seen were in Glendale, Arizona, of all places. The No Code show was in Moline, Illinois. There have been great MSG shows and ordinary ones. The worst show I ever saw was at Fenway. So, you never know.
    No, those tickets are so hard to get because they stopped playing Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, DC, Albany and the entire southeast among others about 11 years ago. I’m not going to MSG for the mystique, I’m going because despite requiring a 7 hour train ride MSG is my “local” show.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Especially when the worlds most famous arena is waiting for them, but they refuse to play enough shows for their most passionate fans. The band can be a real bummer
    I don't know what people are talking about. I've been at all six shows, and the crowds have been anything but bored. I'm also a native New Yorker (and Knicks fan) who has seen them eight times at MSG and doesn't understand why people have convinced themselves that it's something automatically magical. It's actually a crowd with a disproportionate number of rich people and celebrities who are there to be seen.

It’s more about how brutal it is getting tickets at the garden and the rest of the east, while reading indifferent comments here and  available tickets multiply like bunnies everywhere outside of the northeast 
    One of the reasons those tickets are hard to get is that a lot of fans have sold themselves on the idea that shows in the northeastern cities are special, which creates extra demand by people who want to travel to them, when the reality is that special shows happen all over the place. Two of the best PJ shows I've ever seen were in Glendale, Arizona, of all places. The No Code show was in Moline, Illinois. There have been great MSG shows and ordinary ones. The worst show I ever saw was at Fenway. So, you never know.
    No, those tickets are so hard to get because they stopped playing Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, DC, Albany and the entire southeast among others about 11 years ago. I’m not going to MSG for the mystique, I’m going because despite requiring a 7 hour train ride MSG is my “local” show.
    That is also part of it, but it was a thing even when they were playing Hartford, Newark, etc.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
    2016 Night 2. It wasn't about the performance. It was about very bad behavior by people in my row that made it very difficult to enjoy the performance. I honestly don't even remember what was/wasn't played.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
    2016 Night 2. It wasn't about the performance. It was about very bad behavior by people in my row that made it very difficult to enjoy the performance. I honestly don't even remember what was/wasn't played.
    I was there. Really good set but a crappy section for me of disinterested casual fans. Not every city can be Philly (or Vegas - that place rocked).

My worst PJ concert experience was JazzFest. I enjoyed the rest of JazzFest and New Orleans, but not so much the Pearl Jam concert in that massive area there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,805
    edited May 23
    Ed needs to handover the reigns for the encore...they are not even average but, well below! He can make the main-sets but, give me a shot Ed and I promise the fans including first timers will still love it.😎 First thing I promise is we will not hear IWBD OR RITFW FOR THE REST OF THIS TOUR and just like that the encore has improved to average. From there, there are many songs not played or played enough and too many songs that need a tour break! One song comparison for example...Immortality for me is the best song they ever wrote and it gets played 1 out of maybe 5 shows every tour yet, they play DTE almost every fucking night? Why? Everyone knows both songs if you follow this band and if you're a first timer you probably don't know either so it's a moot point. And I'm sorry the next time someone says well a first timer doesn't know this or that song, it's not my problem or the bands! I mean they probably makeup 7-10% of the crowd if even that?! You could do this w/ many songs, I didn't choose Immortality just cause it's my favorite song, it's a damn lot of people's favorite song and it never gets played or absolutely not enough! So it's going into the encore maybe opening or closing w/ it, now the encore has gone from average to good. From there we take it to great, it's not rocket science but, somewhere along the way Ed plays these covers like he owes all his heroes a debt and I love every single artist he covers but, I'm there for a PJ show not a jukebox of Ed's idols. Nobody loves the Who as much as me and I dont want to hear PJ cover them, not anymore! Rant over!!🎸
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    edited May 23
    I imagine he gets a great crowd response from RITFW and IWBD. While you are standing in your aching 58 year old body, when you really could be just sitting, muttering behind clenched teeth that they should play Just a Girl to "really bring the house down".
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    But it is a bit weird how they kept RITFW in such heavy rotation since 1992(?) when you think about it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,805
    But it is a bit weird how they kept RITFW in such heavy rotation since 1992(?) when you think about it. 
    Yeah like it's the only one, Even Flow has never left the rotation in 34 years and they've completely ruined it. 
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
    Oh wow.  That's in my top 5 (maybe top 3) out of 48 shows.  Just goes to show you it's a lot about your environment as opposed to the actual show sometimes.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    edited May 23
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
    I was there. Really good set but a crappy section for me of disinterested casual fans. Not every city can be Philly (or Vegas - that place rocked).

My worst PJ concert experience was JazzFest. I enjoyed the rest of JazzFest and New Orleans, but not so much the Pearl Jam concert in that massive area there.
    Fenway N2 had the best section I have ever been in (not GA) for a PJ crowd. B94 seemed to have all 10C members from the people I was talking with and they all brought it.  

Easily in my top 3 shows I have ever been to. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    Rockin' is so, so played out. It's cool they brought out Watt & DSD for it last night, but I'm happy it's be deemphasized on this tour to some extent. Imagine In Hiding or I Am Mine in that spot instead.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 195
    Can we circle back on the taylor swift discussion?
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,363
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?

Fenway N2 had the best section I have ever been in (not GA) for a PJ crowd. B94 seemed to have all 10C members from the people I was talking with and they all brought it.  

I'm in the same boat as you. Fenway N2 2016 was incredible - amazing set and I thought the crowd was into it. Ironically enough, I was in the pit for both Vegas shows last week and thought that crowd was very tame but to each his or her own I suppose.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?

I'm in the same boat as you. Fenway N2 2016 was incredible - amazing set and I thought the crowd was into it. Ironically enough, I was in the pit for both Vegas shows last week and thought that crowd was very tame but to each his or her own I suppose.
    Fenway N2 with the outdoor venue was the second loudest show I have seen next to MSG 2022. I did not see them in the early years or Philly yet though. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,498
    Can we circle back on the taylor swift discussion?
    No 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 523
    edited May 23
    LA1 crowd was amazing with high energy levels, with the exception of Something Special because it's the "cool" to dislike that track.
    LA2 crowd was opposite of.  I was in disbelief at how no one was rocking out at all to Waiting For Stevie.  I was hoping the crowd was as engaged as night 1, but they were not and were passive. The energy given is the energy that is returned.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    LA1 crowd was amazing with high energy levels, with the exception of Something Special because it's the "cool" to dislike that track.
    LA2 crowd was opposite of.  I was in disbelief at how no one was rocking out at all to Waiting For Stevie.  I was hoping the crowd was as engaged as night 1, but they were not and were passive. The energy given is the energy that is returned.
    I think this is just the nature of the beast with a tour promoting a new album. Lot of 10C members will be jamming out to the new stuff but there are a lot of people who probably havent heard the album at all
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    Everbody can’t get a crowd up and rocking like Taylor Swift. It is what it is. 
  • Options
    BINGO!!!
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    And just like that, the thread swerves back to Taylor lol.

• Options
    Rockin' is so, so played out. It's cool they brought out Watt & DSD for it last night, but I'm happy it's be deemphasized on this tour to some extent. Imagine In Hiding or I Am Mine in that spot instead.
    It's generally not a song I'm especially excited to hear, but last night's version was enervating. It was a party on stage and in the pit.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?
    Oh wow.  That's in my top 5 (maybe top 3) out of 48 shows.  Just goes to show you it's a lot about your environment as opposed to the actual show sometimes.  
    It was a bad show for me because I couldn't get a beer without waiting 10 minutes
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    It's generally not a song I'm especially excited to hear, but last night's version was enervating. It was a party on stage and in the pit.
    I'm done with it too...it's just easy to play and easy to sing and the crowd (except for a few of us) really like it

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?

My problem that night wasn't that fans were disinterested near me. I don't really care about other fans being disinterested (as long as that doesn't lead them to chat audibly over the songs or something like that). No, these people were being actively obnoxious in a way that made it very hard to concentrate and kept taking my head out of the show. Some people in my row had allowed four of their friends to crash into the row, and one of them was standing in front of me-- like in my actual space. (Remember, there were seats for those shows, not standing-room GA.) When I told him he needed to move, he said he would stand wherever he wanted and there was nothing I could do about it. I told him that, if you're going to stay here, you're going to stand in front of your friends, not me. He ignored me. Eventually, I had to physically move him, which involved a bit of a tussle. This was all happening while the show was going on, and then even once I had relocated him, he was still just a few feet away and even more obnoxious. In hindsight, I should have gone to security and tried to get them removed, but it seemed at the time like that would be more disruptive and you can never be sure whether security will do anything.

Anyway, highly specific circumstances to be sure. And it was my birthday to boot. Night 1 was great, though.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?

My problem that night wasn't that fans were disinterested near me. I don't really care about other fans being disinterested (as long as that doesn't lead them to chat audibly over the songs or something like that). No, these people were being actively obnoxious in a way that made it very hard to concentrate and kept taking my head out of the show. Some people in my row had allowed four of their friends to crash into the row, and one of them was standing in front of me-- like in my actual space. (Remember, there were seats for those shows, not standing-room GA.) When I told him he needed to move, he said he would stand wherever he wanted and there was nothing I could do about it. I told him that, if you're going to stay here, you're going to stand in front of your friends, not me. He ignored me. Eventually, I had to physically move him, which involved a bit of a tussle. This was all happening while the show was going on, and then even once I had relocated him, he was still just a few feet away and even more obnoxious. In hindsight, I should have gone to security and tried to get them removed, but it seemed at the time like that would be more disruptive and you can never be sure whether security will do anything.

Anyway, highly specific circumstances to be sure. And it was my birthday to boot. Night 1 was great, though.
    I hate that shit...we saw the RCHP in Chicago several years ago and had front row floor seats in a section about half way back on the field. Some douchebag and his two girlfriends decided to just park right in front of us like they had seats. I got security on them a few times since they were pretty close. There was kind of a walkway in front of us between the sections that security kept clearing people out of so they just tried to blend in with us.

• Options
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

2018 night 2?

This x100.  I grew up in the Philly area and got used to attending shows there.  I thought it was the norm for the crowds to be energetic and excited, and the artists always fed off of our energy in the best ways possible.  I first learned that other cities weren't like when I went to Cancun for our Senior Week party, and many US cities were there.  The DJ was doing roll call to get the crowd to make noise for your city.  LA, Miami, NY, Philly, etc...  I remember us from Philly were so happy and energetic when they called on us, eventually the DJ said "Is Philly the only city that came here?"  I thought that maybe the people from the other cities on that trip were shy, or maybe in less numbers.

Fast forward to today, and it does seem like a regional thing, where people just have a lower energy in general.  I saw Pearl Jam in Philly and it fucking rocked.  It was great.  Fans were great.  Band felt our energy and gave it back to us.  I was really happy with the LA N1 crowd, that energy reminded me of Philly energy.  Then LA N2 a much calmer crowd.  A disappointment for me because I miss have the arena energy at peak levels because the band feels that.  I will never get being calm at an event with one of your favorite bands performing.  Some of the floor people next to me looked miserable.  
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 170
    Here's my "official complaint." I was supposed to be at LA1 and 2. Flight booked, tickets in hand, hotel reserved. Gawd damn adulting had other plans and I had to cancel all of it. Thanks for reading. 
  • Options
    Both of the LA shows were fantastic, but we only got 10 out of 11 Dark Matter tracks.  I think that the 2 show cities should get all 11 Dark Matter tracks spread across both nights.  Somethings Got to Give here.  I really wanted (needed) to see Got to Give performed live.  That song is good for my soul.  My next chance to see Got to Give will be Ohana fest.  Hopefully we get the legendary I Got Id / Got To Give combo.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,412
    I imagine he gets a great crowd response from RITFW and IWBD. While you are standing in your aching 58 year old body, when you really could be just sitting, muttering behind clenched teeth that they should play Just a Girl to "really bring the house down".
    Oddly enough, my “+1” loved hearing those two songs!