***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:
    Here's one.

Cashless?

Been cashless for years here. What are you, a 10 year old with a piggybank. 
    Many people do not have debit cards because they live paycheck to paycheck and cannot maintain minimum balances in a bank account. Many people do not have credit cards because they have not been able to establish a credit history or cannot afford credit-card fees. Many people prefer to use cash wherever possible because they value their privacy and don't want to leave a digital record of all of their economic transactions. I would have expected Scandinavia to be more progressive than you suggest it is.
    We seem to be more progressive. We have moved past cash. 
    Not the right definition of "progressive."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    For cashless arenas, they usually have a spot to exchange cash for credit in machines (with no charge).

Apparently, it saves an enormous amount of infrastructure, security, and payroll money as they have to constantly move money from the concessions to the inner areas of the arenas to account for the money and keep it safe.

This all makes the movie The Town obsolete though!
    It's a pretext. The biggest issue is that businesses are worried that their own employees will steal from them.

Businesses around the world handle cash without issues, and have done so for decades. It's all about what's easier for them, not what's best for consumers. Again, if a consumer would like to use a card, they should be able to do so. But so, too, for cash. Obviously, there will be exceptions. A car dealership cannot be expected to take in $40,000 in cash for a sale (although most of them would probably gladly take it).

With respect to those machines to exchange cash for cards, the problem is that they typically issue cards that are only good at the particular venue. So people end up overpaying for cards and end up with balances they are likely to lose. And, at places where you park on-site, the machines are inside and the parking lots take only cards, so how are you supposed to get into the stadium to access the machines?

There are already states, including New Jersey and Colorado, that have passed laws requiring businesses to accept cash, and there has been a bill proposed in the U.S. Congress with bipartisan sponsors that would make it a national requirement.

Speaking of the The Town, the actor who plays the guard who gets hog-tied in the robbery scene at Fenway is a member of the Ten Club with whom I've attended a couple of dozen shows. He also appeared in two of this year's Best Picture Oscar nominees!
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,435
    Very good points! I really don’t understand not taking cash (even though I rarely have it 😆). Honestly, you’d think they would save on the credit card processing fees. Those add up.

Fun facts about The Town! So cool.
  • Options
    Oh brother.

"Many" that's a nice objective figure....

Moreover, I'm sure those 'many' who can't afford minimum bank and credit card fees are the same 'many' who just dropped $400 minimum on a pair concert tickets.

Free of using cash I might add..
    Look, I don't make stuff up here. I said "many" because it's an accurate word to quantify the 5.9 million U.S. households that have no bank accounts at all according to the FDIC, accounting for well over ten million Americans. That's in addition to the tens of millions more that are underbanked. This is without even addressing the privacy issues.

Just because the tickets were originally purchased online, that doesn't mean that there weren't subsequent transactions exchanging tickets for cash. And the issue is not just about these Pearl Jam shows at 185 bucks a pop. People have to jump through hoops to go to a baseball game where there are ten-dollar tickets. People can't go to certain restaurants because they won't accept cash. People can't go to the Los Angeles Auto Show, a twenty-dollar ticket, without a card. Two years ago, when they stopped accepting cash, I tried to use my card to buy a ticket and it was declined because my credit-card company thought it was suspicious. It took me ten minutes to get my card reactivated. At least I had a card, but some guy who lives paycheck-to-paycheck and gets paid in cash would be S.O.L. after he drove an hour to get there only to find out that cash is not legal tender for this particular debt.

It's always good to remember that everyone is not similarly situated to oneself.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,029
    I wish it was possible to “like” posts in this forum
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,815
    edited May 26
    It's always good to remember that everyone is not similarly situated to oneself.
    Unless you're attending an event where the attendees are in demographics that are going to be similarly situated to one's self.

The issue isn't whether cashless fits for the US, that 1,000 word essay can be saved for AMT. 

The topic is whether cashless works for a Pearl Jam concert.
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468
    For cashless arenas, they usually have a spot to exchange cash for credit in machines (with no charge).

Apparently, it saves an enormous amount of infrastructure, security, and payroll money as they have to constantly move money from the concessions to the inner areas of the arenas to account for the money and keep it safe.

BUT LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD ALSO CALLED DIE HARD 4.0 IS MORE RELEVANT THAN EVER
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,468
    edited May 26
    Very good points! I really don’t understand not taking cash 
    Because cash is a hassle for restairants and shops etc. And people are naturally moving away from it. In beautiful progressive summer is here Sweden ”most” places (as in e.g. meth booths at arenas) nowadays don’t deal in cash. 

And I’m pretty sure people have better QoL here in progressive beautiful I can hear the birds out now singing Sweden in general even with us not staying in the middleages of keeping cash because ”I do not want my transaction for Pearl Jam posters to be seen by the deep state” :)

There are places who still take cash ofc

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,594
    I disagree. I hear the birds here and can use cash still. Lots of places are going cashless but for elders and people who don't use the whole internet banking shouldn't be forced. So I just go somewhere else and use cash if I wish. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,435

BUT LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD ALSO CALLED DIE HARD 4.0 IS MORE RELEVANT THAN EVER
    “It’s a fire sale.”

My “complaint” is that we don’t have more movie discussion threads on the main board. There, now we made the movie stuff “on topic!” 😜 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    @sea or @kat

can this be moved to AET? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    Because cash is a hassle for restairants and shops etc. And people are naturally moving away from it. In beautiful progressive summer is here Sweden ”most” places (as in e.g. meth booths at arenas) nowadays don’t deal in cash. 

And I’m pretty sure people have better QoL here in progressive beautiful I can hear the birds out now singing Sweden in general even with us not staying in the middleages of keeping cash because ”I do not want my transaction for Pearl Jam posters to be seen by the deep state” :)

I know Sweden is progressive, but cashless meth booths in arenas? Next level!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,564
    @sea or @kat

This thread is keeping the complainers occupied and distracted from other threads on the porch.  No need to move it.  Just don’t open it… it’s supposed to be for complaints.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,224

The local NHL arena here has exactly that but it’s at one location for the entire arena and for those of us with mobility issues, is a massive PITA, so what if someone falls, they saved money.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    @sea or @kat

This thread is keeping the complainers occupied and distracted from other threads on the porch.  No need to move it.  Just don’t open it… it’s supposed to be for complaints.  
    Agreed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 686
    My dumb ass decided not to go for a Wrigley 2 ticket and now I see decent airfare from Santa Fe.  I suck!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,043
    YAKIMATSU said:
    My dumb ass decided not to go for a Wrigley 2 ticket and now I see decent airfare from Santa Fe.  I suck!
    Wrigley will be an easy ticket closer to the date. Book it! 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

How much is the meth at arenas in Sweden?
    Cheaper then at meth shops?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    Wrigley will be an easy ticket closer to the date. Book it! 
    I'm trying to think positive with all the drops out west.  My brain doesn't seem to understand the idea of booking airfare without a ticket.  Stupid brain!  The new way of going to PJ shows hurts my brain!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,880
    the posters for this tour have been .......meh
  • Options
    Now I need a fucking great ticket for Wrigley 2.  Trip booked.  Fuck this addiction!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Klausen did a killer poster for a show I didnt go to. :bawling:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Klausen did a killer poster for a show I didnt go to. :bawling:
    Agreed. Killer
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Post Malone covered Betterman. Post Malone duets with Taylor Swift on Fortnite. Ur welcome. :)
  • Options
    Post Malone covered Betterman. Post Malone duets with Taylor Swift on Fortnite. Ur welcome. :)
    *Post Malone butchers better man*
    You're welcome 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    *Post Malone butchers better man*
    You're welcome 
    :lol:   so true
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

To be clear, I'm not using the term "progressive" in reference to politics, i.e., the other side of the spectrum from conservative. I'm using it with respect to economics, i.e., the opposite of regressive. Cash-only policies are regressive because they disproportionately impact low-income earners (contrast with our federal income tax which is progressive, i.e., it disproportionately impacts high-income earners because you pay a higher rate the more income you earn).
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,841
    edited May 28
    Is there going to be a boxset for this tour ? 
    I've bought some bootlegs cds before. Then they come out with boxset so I was waiting too see if a   bootlegs  boxset or empty box for the 2024 tour comes out  .anyone know anything? 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    trees said:
    Is there going to be a boxset for this tour ? 
    I've bought some bootlegs cds before. Then they come out with boxset so I was waiting too see if a   bootlegs  boxset or empty box for the 2024 tour comes out  .anyone know anything? 
    Good question re 2024 Dark Matter box/set.  I am looking to add a second box and see the 2022 Gigaton tour box is still available.  Would prefer a 2024 DM tour box and can't recall how soon that gets sold or if its closer to end of tour when they advertise the full bootleg set.  Not sure?
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ OKC ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~ 2024 Vegas 1 & 2 ~~
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 543
    I didn't book a trip to Seattle for the Pearl Jam concert.  It's 100% my fault, but I'm still going to complain about it.  The merch is incredible.  I've never been to Seattle, and a Pearl Jam concert is the PERFECT reason to visit.  Also, I was curious about the nickname "Emerald City" and when I looked it up, it turns out that Seattle was given that nickname in 1982, which is the year I was born.  I'm a Gemini and my birthstone is Emerald.  I am destined to visit Seattle for a Pearl Jam show.  But I'll have to wait until the next one.

I hope everyone that is going to the Seattle shows has an AMAZING time, and I can't wait to follow along with the setlist.  :rock_on: