Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    BF25394 said:
    Rockin' is so, so played out. It's cool they brought out Watt & DSD for it last night, but I'm happy it's be deemphasized on this tour to some extent. Imagine In Hiding or I Am Mine in that spot instead.
    It's generally not a song I'm especially excited to hear, but last night's version was enervating. It was a party on stage and in the pit.
    I'm done with it too...it's just easy to play and easy to sing and the crowd (except for a few of us) really like it
    It's like the All-Star Game of covers for them. They can bring guests up and play (*ing Theo Epstein joined them back in '06), Ed probably knows the lyrics better than many PJ songs, and they can just let loose for a few minutes. I'm with you on the song itself, but I do enjoy the performance, if that makes sense. That said, if they don't play it at any of the three shows I have tickets to, I won't be all that upset, either.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    edited May 24
    mpedone said:
    BF25394 said:
    Rockin' is so, so played out. It's cool they brought out Watt & DSD for it last night, but I'm happy it's be deemphasized on this tour to some extent. Imagine In Hiding or I Am Mine in that spot instead.
    It's generally not a song I'm especially excited to hear, but last night's version was enervating. It was a party on stage and in the pit.
    I'm done with it too...it's just easy to play and easy to sing and the crowd (except for a few of us) really like it
    It's like the All-Star Game of covers for them. They can bring guests up and play (*ing Theo Epstein joined them back in '06), Ed probably knows the lyrics better than many PJ songs, and they can just let loose for a few minutes. I'm with you on the song itself, but I do enjoy the performance, if that makes sense. That said, if they don't play it at any of the three shows I have tickets to, I won't be all that upset, either.

If I want to go to an awards show, I’d pay money for that. The hope when winning a five percent lottery to see PJ is getting a PJ show in the crucial moments.

Ed sings Ed songs great, but IMO doesn’t sing Neil well (and his Petty is troubling at best). They both have VERY distinctive voices and Ed’s covers do not work.

considering they have perhaps the best all time closer in rock in YLB, and even indifference is great, every time I heard Rockin it’s time for me to hit the exit, and I am a long time NY fan. Setting Sun is a fine tune, but it’s like sitting Lebron when they skip yellow or indifference.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,026
    Troubling? Like its problematic?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,428
    edited May 24
    mpedone said:
    BF25394 said:

If I want to go to an awards show, I’d pay money for that. The hope when winning a five percent lottery to see PJ is getting a PJ show in the crucial moments.

Ed sings Ed songs great, but IMO doesn’t sing Neil well (and his Petty is troubling at best). They both have VERY distinctive voices and Ed’s covers do not work.

considering they have perhaps the best all time closer in rock in YLB, and even indifference is great, every time I heard Rockin it’s time for me to hit the exit, and I am a long time NY fan. Setting Sun is a fine tune, but it’s like sitting Lebron when they skip yellow or indifference.

I don't have a problem with Pearl Jam playing RIFTW (but would prefer a different Neil Young cover. Any other cover), but man - when I saw Neil Young in 2016 and he played RIFTW it was just another beast than Pearl Jams version. Blew my socks off.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 195
    Taylor Swift
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725
    You know when you have a little hole in the end of your sock, then as the day goes on a work and the hole gets bigger your big toe pushes through the hole and then it starts to hurt more than is should? That sucks. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,546
    You know when you have a little hole in the end of your sock, then as the day goes on a work and the hole gets bigger your big toe pushes through the hole and then it starts to hurt more than is should? That sucks. 
    I can deal with a hole in my sock as long as my socks are dry.  Getting caught in a rainstorm or accidentally stepping in a puddle and ending up with wet socks is on my top 10 list of things I hate.  I savor the moment I can change into dry socks. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Is this the start of a Seinfeld episode
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 7
    MikeDigs said:
    Both of the LA shows were fantastic, but we only got 10 out of 11 Dark Matter tracks.  I think that the 2 show cities should get all 11 Dark Matter tracks spread across both nights.  Somethings Got to Give here.  I really wanted (needed) to see Got to Give performed live.  That song is good for my soul.  My next chance to see Got to Give will be Ohana fest.  Hopefully we get the legendary I Got Id / Got To Give combo.
    My hope is that by the late summer/fall leg of this tour we are only getting about 2-3 Dark Matter songs per city! 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,810
    Is this the start of a Seinfeld episode
    You know, that button is in the wrong place. I mean, it's in no-man's land...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,919
    on2legs said:
    I can deal with a hole in my sock as long as my socks are dry.  Getting caught in a rainstorm or accidentally stepping in a puddle and ending up with wet socks is on my top 10 list of things I hate.  I savor the moment I can change into dry socks. 
    I hear you. I hate wet bikini bottoms.

When I camp, after I come up from the lake, I change my bikini bottoms. I might go through three a day.

And this year, while I spring ski, I'm going the girl equivalent of freeballing in my wetsuit, so when I get back aboard my bottoms are dry. 
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    Not enough Bottlerock chatter around here. No one is going to this? OK, I wasn't planning on going either until a greatly reduced ticket and a ride with a good friend came my way a couple days ago.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 523
    MD190661 said:
    Not enough Bottlerock chatter around here. No one is going to this? OK, I wasn't planning on going either until a greatly reduced ticket and a ride with a good friend came my way a couple days ago.
    I am not going to Bottlerock, and therefore I will make this a complaint of mine, since we are in the proper thread for it.  Even though it's my fault that I didn't book the trip lol.  Maybe there should be a Bottlerock check-in / hype thread.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    MikeDigs said:
    MD190661 said:
    I am not going to Bottlerock, and therefore I will make this a complaint of mine, since we are in the proper thread for it.  Even though it's my fault that I didn't book the trip lol.  Maybe there should be a Bottlerock check-in / hype thread.
    I sort of think folks around here don't care much about festival sets. Guessing we could probably write the setlist out now and get 75% of it correct. 

10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,813
    edited May 25
    I dont like it when the band shows up in posters.

Too Saturday morning cartoons.

Would've been a great poster otherwise for bottlerock

P.S.
    The poster is false advertising if they don't open with Release
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    I'm a little annoyed about Bottle Rock because it's breaking up my run of ten straight shows. (First-world problems, I know.) I originally passed it up because I figured it would be a shorter hits-heavy set at an inflated ticket price. Now, seeing the merch, I feel like they're treating it like a proper tour stop and I'm afraid I'm going to end up missing out on something I won't have seen at the other ten shows.
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 509
     Maybe they don't care about festival sets. I wasn't following the "hints" here, before the announcement of the tour, so I went for Bottlerock, Saturday only, (tomorrow) just to see Pearl Jam Live, whatever they're bringing + MMJ, and other bands, + wondering about Tower of Power, their jams from way back- etc. 
    I was wrong imagining it was going to be "hot" , temperature- wise. Well, I'm not so sure I'm not going to need a neck wrap, and pockets with a hoodie for my hands, cuz it's a cold, penetrating wind tonight, in my opinion only. So, it's a complaint. But late, because you already said rock out til your face melts.  I barely Sat down at Sac- so I know you're right.  
     It'll be good- and so will the weather. 
  • Options
    pistol3pistol3 CO Posts: 189
    BF25394 said:
    Holding up kids as props is the new flashing your breasts. Only worse because you are forcing your shit on someone else
    Agreed it needs to stop these little kids don't even know what's going on. It's all projection from the parent for a little bit of eye contact or a tambo for the parent to then" look after"
    Both nights in Vegas, I had kids next to me. Two young girls on Night 1, two young boys on Night 2. They seemed so out of place. They didn't sing, they didn't dance, they didn't raise their arms to the sky when everybody else was doing that. Any time I glanced at them, they just had blank looks on their faces. The girls' parents were seated elsewhere in the arena. I presume the same was true for the boys, but they were not very talkative. They spent the entire time between Deep Sea Diver and Pearl Jam with their heads buried in their phones watching an endless stream of videos.
    Probably had the time of their lives.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    The only complaint I have is that no one ist answering my requests to get me a token, sticker or pin from any of the shows. Sure I would paypal immediately. But seriously...not really a complaint, just a try to get attention. :bawling:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    Here's one.

Cashless?

• Options
    pistol3 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Holding up kids as props is the new flashing your breasts. Only worse because you are forcing your shit on someone else
    Agreed it needs to stop these little kids don't even know what's going on. It's all projection from the parent for a little bit of eye contact or a tambo for the parent to then" look after"
    Both nights in Vegas, I had kids next to me. Two young girls on Night 1, two young boys on Night 2. They seemed so out of place. They didn't sing, they didn't dance, they didn't raise their arms to the sky when everybody else was doing that. Any time I glanced at them, they just had blank looks on their faces. The girls' parents were seated elsewhere in the arena. I presume the same was true for the boys, but they were not very talkative. They spent the entire time between Deep Sea Diver and Pearl Jam with their heads buried in their phones watching an endless stream of videos.
    Probably had the time of their lives.
    Well, naturally-- I mean, they got to spend quality time with me.

...But seriously, I hope you're right but, then again, their lives have been short.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    There are too many pinned topics on page one of the porch. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Here's one.

Cashless?

Been cashless for years here. What are you, a 10 year old with a piggybank. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Here's one.

Cashless?

Many people do not have debit cards because they live paycheck to paycheck and cannot maintain minimum balances in a bank account. Many people do not have credit cards because they have not been able to establish a credit history or cannot afford credit-card fees. Many people prefer to use cash wherever possible because they value their privacy and don't want to leave a digital record of all of their economic transactions. I would have expected Scandinavia to be more progressive than you suggest it is.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,813
    edited May 25
    Oh brother.

"Many" that's a nice objective figure....

Moreover, I'm sure those 'many' who can't afford minimum bank and credit card fees are the same 'many' who just dropped $400 minimum on a pair concert tickets.

Free of using cash I might add..
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    edited May 25
    BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:
    Here's one.

Cashless?

Many people do not have debit cards because they live paycheck to paycheck and cannot maintain minimum balances in a bank account. Many people do not have credit cards because they have not been able to establish a credit history or cannot afford credit-card fees. Many people prefer to use cash wherever possible because they value their privacy and don't want to leave a digital record of all of their economic transactions. I would have expected Scandinavia to be more progressive than you suggest it is.
    We seem to be more progressive. We have moved past cash. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,392
    For cashless arenas, they usually have a spot to exchange cash for credit in machines (with no charge).

Apparently, it saves an enormous amount of infrastructure, security, and payroll money as they have to constantly move money from the concessions to the inner areas of the arenas to account for the money and keep it safe.

This all makes the movie The Town obsolete though!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,546
    For cashless arenas, they usually have a spot to exchange cash for credit in machines (with no charge).

Apparently, it saves an enormous amount of infrastructure, security, and payroll money as they have to constantly move money from the concessions to the inner areas of the arenas to account for the money and keep it safe.

This all makes the movie The Town obsolete though!
    The Lindas want you to open this door! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,392
    😆 
    Good one! Now I need to watch it again.