Options

***Official Complainers Thread***

Comments

• Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 861
    edited May 17
    MD190661 said:
    Went to Sacramento and Vegas 1 got the setlist I wanted. Wah!
    I went to Sac as well and although Vegas got a great setlist, I think the ferocity of the performance there is what I'm most jealous about. Our setlist was pretty good - if Faithfull had been played well, the barn would have been burnin' early. But yeah, since this is the complainers thread, why you gotta do my kids like that, PJ? Sac was their first show. If it had been Vegas, they'd be PJ fans for life. Now only maybe one of them is, lol.
    Post edited by aurynsdad on
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,265
    More than half of sec 111 is still available as PJ Premium for LA1. Would have been nice 10C tix.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,452
    aurynsdad said:
    MD190661 said:
    Went to Sacramento and Vegas 1 got the setlist I wanted. Wah!
    I went to Sac as well and although Vegas got a great setlist, I think the ferocity of the performance there is what I'm most jealous about. Our setlist was pretty good - if Faithfull had been played well, the barn would have been burnin' early. But yeah, since this is the complainers thread, why you gotta do my kids like that, PJ? Sac was their first show. If it had been Vegas, they'd be PJ fans for life. Now only maybe one of them is, lol.
    Are you surprised? Vegas was always going to have more ferocious energy than a cow town 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,410
    I saw two shows in Vancouver and that’s not enough.

Almost 18 years ago I decided to get married and eventually have two kids. These three bleed me dry of all my money… money I could be using to see Pearl Jam in Las Vegas… Los Angeles… Seattle!!!

I mean, they played Hail Hail last night and I wasn’t there… because I have kids!!

(Is that a good complaint? 🤷‍♂️)
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 477
    rummy said:

Almost 18 years ago I decided to get married and eventually have two kids. These three bleed me dry of all my money… money I could be using to see Pearl Jam in Las Vegas… Los Angeles… Seattle!!!

I mean, they played Hail Hail last night and I wasn’t there… because I have kids!!

I don't have kids, and I support this as a good complaint.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,740
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I fucking despise Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. Horrible. 
    Going to the Taylor Swift concert on sunday. Will be lovely. 
    Have fun!  To each their own. 
    I think their music and personalities suck. 
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    "Terrible corporate music": I don't really know what to say to this. It's just so off-base.

Anyway, I say this based on how she treats people. I have seen her when there are no cameras, and she is unfailingly nice and generous. I have seen her meet with young fans and you would think she was more excited to meet the fans than they were to meet her. I am close friends with someone who grew up around her and her family, and have heard only about how consistently kind and thoughtful she is, and about many acts of thoughtfulness and generosity that she engages in without publicity.

If you think that the fact that Taylor Swift, one of the most famous people in the world, with massive security concerns, refrains from flying commercial makes her not a nice person, well, again, I don't really know how to respond to that.
    To your last point, it's not about flying private. It's about taking a 10 minute private jet flight that could be substituted for a 30 minute car ride. And her music sucks, period.
    You can’t win against this guy, he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, and lets us know multiple times a day on here🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

And yes, her music is crap, complete commercial shite💩💩💩💩

What’s wrong with commercial music?  Never got this attitude.  Yea sometimes I want just pure pop music to feel good too.  Music doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be just about one genre. 

And she may be commercial and pop but she does it better than anyone has since the 80s of Madonna and whacko Michael Jackson,  she’s probably the biggest star in the world.  
    Being a star doe not mean the music is quality. She owes her success to marketing.
    You don't like her music. We get it. Taste is subjective. But her critical acclaim and massive commercial success suggest that your opinion is not widely shared. Marketing does not write phenomenal songs, let alone a prolific number of them over nearly two decades. 
    "Phenomenal songs" give me a break lmao
    "All Too Well," "August," "Invisible String," "Anti-Hero"-- I could go on and on and on. Again, taste is subjective, but dismissing Taylor Swift's ability as a songwriter is basically admitting either to being ignorant about songwriting or ignorant about her body of work. Quoting a line from a virtual B-side is not proving what you think it proves. I could quote you some pretty cringeworthy Eddie Vedder lyrics; it doesn't mean he's not a great songwriter.
    Trash, trash, trash, and more trash. In my opinion.
    There is zero chance you've actually listened to "August" or "Invisible String."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,402
    Can I complain about the Dead setlist?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,332
    All complaints welcomed 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OW260994OW260994 Posts: 1
    Is it wrong for the hat to irritate me so much ? Will it ever come off ? 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    BF25394 said:
    That scarf that Taylor gave Jake better be a one of a kind Gucci to make all that fuss about.
    The scarf is a metaphor.
    For an actual scarf 
  • Options
    It bothers me also but be careful not to write this anywhere else on here. People get really annoyed 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,022
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Taylor Swift is one of the most genuinely nice people you could ever meet, but whatever.
    Based on what exactly? Greedy, pollutes the planet with her completely unnecessary private jet use, and makes terrible corporate music. What a gem!
    "Terrible corporate music": I don't really know what to say to this. It's just so off-base.

Anyway, I say this based on how she treats people. I have seen her when there are no cameras, and she is unfailingly nice and generous. I have seen her meet with young fans and you would think she was more excited to meet the fans than they were to meet her. I am close friends with someone who grew up around her and her family, and have heard only about how consistently kind and thoughtful she is, and about many acts of thoughtfulness and generosity that she engages in without publicity.

If you think that the fact that Taylor Swift, one of the most famous people in the world, with massive security concerns, refrains from flying commercial makes her not a nice person, well, again, I don't really know how to respond to that.
    To your last point, it's not about flying private. It's about taking a 10 minute private jet flight that could be substituted for a 30 minute car ride. And her music sucks, period.
    You can’t win against this guy, he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, and lets us know multiple times a day on here🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What’s wrong with commercial music?  Never got this attitude.  Yea sometimes I want just pure pop music to feel good too.  Music doesn’t have to be and shouldn’t be just about one genre. 

And she may be commercial and pop but she does it better than anyone has since the 80s of Madonna and whacko Michael Jackson,  she’s probably the biggest star in the world.  
    I'd also argue as much, if not more, effort goes into making pop music as it does for "real music". 

Its fine if an artist or a style of music is not for you, but that should be it. To think one type of music is lesser and another is superior or has more artistic integrity is just weird.

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

I'd also argue as much, if not more, effort goes into making pop music as it does for "real music". 

Its fine if an artist or a style of music is not for you, but that should be it. To think one type of music is lesser and another is superior or has more artistic integrity is just weird.
    It's the other way around here.   Pop music is very cookie cutter and uses approaches that appeal to the masses.  There are a handful of very talented behind the scenes producers / composers / writers, with proven success, that the pop artists use to craft popular hits.  Now these behind the scenes creators are VERY talented, but once they strike gold with a musical concept, it is then widely and frequently spread to other artists and musical projects.  It's very much an industry, with the goal of hooking the masses with catchy music.

There's also a wide range of musical talent amongst pop artists.  Those that do actually have talent tend to rise up and be megastars.   It's evident that Taylor Swift is very talented.  Add in Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa for example.

But the idea of appealing to the masses with cookie cutter approaches with the pop genre can be a turnoff for some.   I love and respect great talent though.

And Pop Country is the absolute worst when it comes to regurgitated music.  Just do some light YouTube research on that, it's sickening.  But there's a mass of people that eat it up, and pay the money.  So it gets made repeatedly :sick:
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,022
    In what ways is it cookie cutter? At the end of the day, they are writing a song like anyone else. To say nothing of trying to write a song thats memorable and with a hook. I think its reductive to say its all the same because its not and its very difficult to make a ht song. 

• Options
    edited May 18
    In what ways is it cookie cutter? At the end of the day, they are writing a song like anyone else. To say nothing of trying to write a song thats memorable and with a hook. I think its reductive to say its all the same because its not and its very difficult to make a ht song. 
    The best answer to your question on cookie cutter would be a quick search.  Just a light dive in to research the industry.  In summary,  things that get re-used are song structure,  melody,  sounds, progressions, and other concepts.

If you see what I wrote,  the behind the scenes composers and writers are very talented, and so they achieve great success to make hits.   The point is...  once they find something that sticks, it is then widely used.  That is what the cookie cutter concept entails.

Given that, and as I mentioned,  if the artist too is very talented, then you get an even bigger and better result.  Taylor Swift is clearly very talented and able to stand out.

All of my points apply to pop music in general over the decades.

To your point, it can be difficult to stand out, which is why the talent aspect is important.   Taylor shines in that regard
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,416
    I dunno, the Ramones wrote the same song for 25 yrs. AC/DC for 50. Love both :) 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    I dunno, the Ramones wrote the same song for 25 yrs. AC/DC for 50. Love both :) 
    Right, if you like it then all the better.  Alot of bands lean on the same sounds within a structure.  If it's not broke, no reason to change.  I'm a big fan of power chords too, I say keep em going! 
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 938
    No Gigaton songs in the set 2 nights in a row for the first time since the album came out. Has the Gigaton chapter closed for certain? 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,320
    edited May 19
    pjhawks said:
    Haijay said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

Being a star doe not mean the music is quality. She owes her success to marketing.
    Being a star doe not mean the music is quality. They owe their success to Nirvana going big and anything out of Seattle being marketed. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    MikeDigs said:
    The best answer to your question on cookie cutter would be a quick search.  Just a light dive in to research the industry.  In summary,  things that get re-used are song structure,  melody,  sounds, progressions, and other concepts.

If you see what I wrote,  the behind the scenes composers and writers are very talented, and so they achieve great success to make hits.   The point is...  once they find something that sticks, it is then widely used.  That is what the cookie cutter concept entails.

Given that, and as I mentioned,  if the artist too is very talented, then you get an even bigger and better result.  Taylor Swift is clearly very talented and able to stand out.

All of my points apply to pop music in general over the decades.

To your point, it can be difficult to stand out, which is why the talent aspect is important.   Taylor shines in that regard

Or without research, how about the standard 4/4 monotonous drum beat predominant in pop music, even a lot of classic pop rock. To me doesn’t matter how talented the artist is, if the drum beat is standard, it sounds low effort to my ears.

For fans that dig that, great, enjoy! But for me, that’s physically painful to listen to. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 670
    You people are taking all the fun out of reading strangers’ complaints
  • Options
    I want some more ludicrous complaints if possible 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Why now u dont complaining?? 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    rummy said:

Excellent complaint, that I share.  I have not seen PJ in any way, shape or form since.....2012?  Eddie vedder solo in FL was my last.  So yeah, I'm complaining that it's been such a long time.  Childcare, money, work, all contributed to this.
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835
    No Gigaton songs in the set 2 nights in a row for the first time since the album came out. Has the Gigaton chapter closed for certain? 
    One can hope.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 861
    Amantria said:
    rummy said:

Excellent complaint, that I share.  I have not seen PJ in any way, shape or form since.....2012?  Eddie vedder solo in FL was my last.  So yeah, I'm complaining that it's been such a long time.  Childcare, money, work, all contributed to this.
    You could do what I did and take the kids to see Pearl Jam! They'll make it not as fun in some ways, but perhaps more fun in others.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    Nah taking kids ruins it . Unless you are using them as tambo bait which if honest you are if in g.a
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,740
    Nah taking kids ruins it . Unless you are using them as tambo bait which if honest you are if in g.a
    This was on full display last night. A guy brought his young son and made him hold up a sign for a tambourine from the beginning of the set in the second row of the pit dead center. Ed saw it fairly early on and acknowledged it, and the kid stopped holding it up. Later, the dad started harassing the kid to hold the sign up, and the kid was annoyed, telling him "He saw it!" Ed ended up giving tambourines to everyone and their brother (including me, and I wasn't even looking for one!) but not this kid. Finally, at the end, the people around the kid pointed him out and Ed said, "Oh, you didn't get one?" and brought out another to give to him.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Lame behaviour 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,677
    Lame behaviour 
    Lame spelling. 😂🇺🇸
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16