18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    They played Just Breathe. :sick:
    So bad.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,594
    Oh FFS why do they do it 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    Better than Something Special.
    Or, Parachutes.
    Or, Bee Girl.
    Or, Yellow Moon.

However, it should be a Rarity, like those others.  Agree.

Imma complain that they don't alternate Severed Hand and Red Mosquito every other show.  
    Take away the slow/boring rarities and put these in place.  #Sad as well.

(These shows are great.  So much better than Gigaton album songs.  Keep rocking out)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    They played Just Breathe. :sick:
    So bad.
    I like Just Breathe. Would way rather hear that in the solo spot than any of the covers he's done so far this tour- though the Bradley Cooper duet was pretty cool.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,965
    combio - Krusty Gets Kancelled
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Or, Parachutes.
    Or, Bee Girl.
    Or, Yellow Moon.

Imma complain that they don't alternate Severed Hand and Red Mosquito every other show.  

(These shows are great.  So much better than Gigaton album songs.  Keep rocking out)

Not better than those 3 songs - on par with Something Special. Just Breathe - Just Sucks, killed the whole show momentum.

100% agree that shows have been kicking ass - 4 down and at least 2 more to go...... and everything is better than Gigaton.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,798
    Or, Parachutes.
    Or, Bee Girl.
    Or, Yellow Moon.

Not better than those 3 songs - on par with Something Special. Just Breathe - Just Sucks, killed the whole show momentum.

100% agree that shows have been kicking ass - 4 down and at least 2 more to go...... and everything is better than Gigaton.
    :lol:  
    You are a Complainers Thread All Star
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 510
    The only complaint I have is that no one ist answering my requests to get me a token, sticker or pin from any of the shows. Sure I would paypal immediately. But seriously...not really a complaint, just a try to get attention. :bawling:
        ( Sent you a pm )
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,748
    trees said:
    Is there going to be a boxset for this tour ? 
    I've bought some bootlegs cds before. Then they come out with boxset so I was waiting too see if a   bootlegs  boxset or empty box for the 2024 tour comes out  .anyone know anything? 

I hope so.
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 290
    My complaint today is that the gd first leg is over. Bastards!!!!!!!!!
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Gonna complain about not having an adult size edition of the Dark Matter anime shirt. What's up with that? That design is so cool! 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    edited June 5
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

"Many" that's a nice objective figure....

Moreover, I'm sure those 'many' who can't afford minimum bank and credit card fees are the same 'many' who just dropped $400 minimum on a pair concert tickets.

Free of using cash I might add..
    Look, I don't make stuff up here. I said "many" because it's an accurate word to quantify the 5.9 million U.S. households that have no bank accounts at all according to the FDIC, accounting for well over ten million Americans. That's in addition to the tens of millions more that are underbanked. This is without even addressing the privacy issues.

Just because the tickets were originally purchased online, that doesn't mean that there weren't subsequent transactions exchanging tickets for cash. And the issue is not just about these Pearl Jam shows at 185 bucks a pop. People have to jump through hoops to go to a baseball game where there are ten-dollar tickets. People can't go to certain restaurants because they won't accept cash. People can't go to the Los Angeles Auto Show, a twenty-dollar ticket, without a card. Two years ago, when they stopped accepting cash, I tried to use my card to buy a ticket and it was declined because my credit-card company thought it was suspicious. It took me ten minutes to get my card reactivated. At least I had a card, but some guy who lives paycheck-to-paycheck and gets paid in cash would be S.O.L. after he drove an hour to get there only to find out that cash is not legal tender for this particular debt.

It's always good to remember that everyone is not similarly situated to oneself.
    Thank goodness for prepaid credit cards then, which you can find at every drugstore, grocery store and 7-11. It truly is very simple to get around every barrier you have mentioned.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,995
    demetrios said:
    Gonna complain about not having an adult size edition of the Dark Matter anime shirt. What's up with that? That design is so cool! 

Co-complained. That shirt is awesome. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    PJ_Soul said:
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

Moreover, I'm sure those 'many' who can't afford minimum bank and credit card fees are the same 'many' who just dropped $400 minimum on a pair concert tickets.

Look, I don't make stuff up here. I said "many" because it's an accurate word to quantify the 5.9 million U.S. households that have no bank accounts at all according to the FDIC, accounting for well over ten million Americans. That's in addition to the tens of millions more that are underbanked. This is without even addressing the privacy issues.

Just because the tickets were originally purchased online, that doesn't mean that there weren't subsequent transactions exchanging tickets for cash. And the issue is not just about these Pearl Jam shows at 185 bucks a pop. People have to jump through hoops to go to a baseball game where there are ten-dollar tickets. People can't go to certain restaurants because they won't accept cash. People can't go to the Los Angeles Auto Show, a twenty-dollar ticket, without a card. Two years ago, when they stopped accepting cash, I tried to use my card to buy a ticket and it was declined because my credit-card company thought it was suspicious. It took me ten minutes to get my card reactivated. At least I had a card, but some guy who lives paycheck-to-paycheck and gets paid in cash would be S.O.L. after he drove an hour to get there only to find out that cash is not legal tender for this particular debt.

It's always good to remember that everyone is not similarly situated to oneself.
    Thank goodness for prepaid credit cards then, which you can find at every drugstore, grocery store and 7-11. It truly is very simple to get around every barrier you have mentioned.
    Your definition of "very simple" is quite different than mine. Handing someone cash is very simple. Going out of your way to exchange cash for a prepaid card at a different location than where you are required to use it is not very simple, especially when you may not know it's required until you get where you're going (or exactly how much you need to put on it). Why would someone have assumed that they would need a card to get into the L.A. Auto Show when it had never worked that way? So he would have arrived, parked, and then found out he needed to go find a drugstore, grocery store or 7-11 in downtown L.A. to go buy a prepaid card? This is not "very simple."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 196
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

Your definition of "very simple" is quite different than mine. Handing someone cash is very simple. Going out of your way to exchange cash for a prepaid card at a different location than where you are required to use it is not very simple, especially when you may not know it's required until you get where you're going (or exactly how much you need to put on it). Why would someone have assumed that they would need a card to get into the L.A. Auto Show when it had never worked that way? So he would have arrived, parked, and then found out he needed to go find a drugstore, grocery store or 7-11 in downtown L.A. to go buy a prepaid card? This is not "very simple."
    What is your point? The population that is "underbanked" are most likely in awful financial situations and will not be concerned with attending auto shows, concerts, etc. You're pointing out niche situations that don't reflect the reality of 99% of transactions. Businesses not accepting cash is not the major problem you're making it out to be. Mountain out of a mole hill.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,435
    My “PJ” complaint is please tour the U.S. during the summer! I’m a teacher. It’s vacation time! Let’s go for 2025! 😜 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,850
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

What is your point? The population that is "underbanked" are most likely in awful financial situations and will not be concerned with attending auto shows, concerts, etc. You're pointing out niche situations that don't reflect the reality of 99% of transactions. Businesses not accepting cash is not the major problem you're making it out to be. Mountain out of a mole hill.
    As I have already said, I am speaking about this from experience. I deal with people who navigate this every day. And, yes, people who live paycheck to paycheck and people who have not been able to establish good credit also spend money on entertainment, like most other humans. The L.A. Auto Show is twenty bucks. It's not a prohibitively costly event. All kinds of people attend it for all different reasons, including that it's a really efficient way to research when you're looking to buy a car, with test drives of every make and model all available in one location. And MLB teams play 81 games and have lots of inventory. Most of them offer inexpensive tickets for many if not all of those games. It's not just about premium Pearl Jam tickets, even though there are people who save their cash to be able to splurge on an event like that.

It's enough of a problem that multiple U.S. states have passed laws requiring businesses to accept cash for most transactions, and it's enough of a problem that a bill has been proposed in the U.S. Congress with bipartisan sponsors to require the same on a national level.

It's terrific that it's not a problem for you, but please don't assume that it's not a problem for others. It is. And, again, this is without even getting into questions of privacy. You ought to be able to buy something or attend an event without being tracked.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    My complaint today is ... why can't we pre order the 2024 CD Box Set already? And where's the 2023 Box Set? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,564
    demetrios said:
    My complaint today is ... why can't we pre order the 2024 CD Box Set already? And where's the 2023 Box Set? 
    Things are pretty bad if Demetrios is complaining.  Let’s fix this, Pearl Jam! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    Things are pretty bad if Demetrios is complaining.  Let’s fix this, Pearl Jam! 

I know right? Make it happen, please. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,564
    My complaint… too many days until MSG! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,587
    My “PJ” complaint is please tour the U.S. during the summer! I’m a teacher. It’s vacation time! Let’s go for 2025! 😜 
    As the husband of a teacher, I fully endorse this!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,224
    edited June 14
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

As I have already said, I am speaking about this from experience. I deal with people who navigate this every day. And, yes, people who live paycheck to paycheck and people who have not been able to establish good credit also spend money on entertainment, like most other humans. The L.A. Auto Show is twenty bucks. It's not a prohibitively costly event. All kinds of people attend it for all different reasons, including that it's a really efficient way to research when you're looking to buy a car, with test drives of every make and model all available in one location. And MLB teams play 81 games and have lots of inventory. Most of them offer inexpensive tickets for many if not all of those games. It's not just about premium Pearl Jam tickets, even though there are people who save their cash to be able to splurge on an event like that.

It's enough of a problem that multiple U.S. states have passed laws requiring businesses to accept cash for most transactions, and it's enough of a problem that a bill has been proposed in the U.S. Congress with bipartisan sponsors to require the same on a national level.

It's terrific that it's not a problem for you, but please don't assume that it's not a problem for others. It is. And, again, this is without even getting into questions of privacy. You ought to be able to buy something or attend an event without being tracked.

Additionally, there is the ADA issue. Expecting me to make an additional trip to the store to pick up a prepaid card, will the event organizer or performer cover the cost if I fall making an unnecessary trip? That’s a very low chance of occurring, but why am I forced to take risk for an event organizers predatory practice? The local arena here is cashless and when I asked an employee where I can use cash, some sixteen year old with an attitude told me there is a machine that will give me a card for cash halfway around the arena and up two levels. I looked at him in disbelief. Also, there is the bullying customers for tip issue on the machines, which gives the customer additional work to not leave a tip, and makes it an embarrassing action.

I used to see the world thinking that blue parking spots took care of the needs for those with mobility issues. Unfortunately I have been forced to learn a completely new perspective. I never had a back nor knee issue in my life, then my late fifties happened. Surprise.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    schaefferlaxschaefferlax Posts: 196
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BF25394 said:
    Oh brother.

Additionally, there is the ADA issue. Expecting me to make an additional trip to the store to pick up a prepaid card, will the event organizer or performer cover the cost if I fall making an unnecessary trip? That’s a very low chance of occurring, but why am I forced to take risk for an event organizers predatory practice? The local arena here is cashless and when I asked an employee where I can use cash, some sixteen year old with an attitude told me there is a machine that will give me a card for cash halfway around the arena and up two levels. I looked at him in disbelief. Also, there is the bullying customers for tip issue on the machines, which gives the customer additional work to not leave a tip, and makes it an embarrassing action.

I used to see the world thinking that blue parking spots took care of the needs for those with mobility issues. Unfortunately I have been forced to learn a completely new perspective. I never had a back nor knee issue in my life, then my late fifties happened. Surprise.

Agree with the tip request thing but at this point, I am not embarrassed at all to press no tip. I think society as a whole is coming around to that idea too. If I'm picking up food myself, no waiter involved, I'm not tipping. I might tip if I'm ordering some sort of specialty coffee.
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
  • Options
    I am tired of people complaining about the tip option.  Those poor fuckers deal with the asshole public and deserve tips of they give good service, imo.
    And, we can always press no.

Not a personal dig at Lerxst, only putting it on the Complainers Thread as it is a complaint of mine.  :lol: