Groomers aka sexual predators

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey JB128716  do you think we should ban children from Christianity in total, or just Catholicism?  

https://wtop.com/national/2023/05/illinois-attorney-general-to-discuss-investigation-of-catholic-clergy-sexual-abuse/

Neither. Why do you have to personally attack me? 

"Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments."
    Do you think it should be illegal to take kids to drag shows? What about rated R movies?
    No and no. Nor do I think drag shows should be illegal. 
    Ok great.  I'm glad to see you are reasonable on these points. 
    Post edited by Kat on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey JB128716  do you think we should ban children from Christianity in total, or just Catholicism?  

https://wtop.com/national/2023/05/illinois-attorney-general-to-discuss-investigation-of-catholic-clergy-sexual-abuse/

asking your opinion is attacking you?

we ARE talking about the safety and well being of children, no? A stance I recall you being for?
    But I am being singled out for no relevant reason.....

I think the relevance was the recent discussion surrounding the link you shared of Washington states legislation about gender affirming care?

this isnt a logical extension of that?
    Post edited by Kat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    mickeyrat said:
    So is bringing your 5 yo to a PJ show or sporting event.

I wonder what studies are done on stuff like this?
    brianlux said:

Has the state of Florida banned children's beauty pageants yet? 
    I'm all for a nationwide ban actually.  Those things creep me out...  If your kids are in them I don't know how you do it.

I'm with you.  Doing this to your kid is just wrong in my book:
    Killing of JonBent Ramsey - Wikipedia

Watch it, they'll lash you for agreeing w me!
    brianlux said:

I'm all for a nationwide ban actually.  Those things creep me out...  If your kids are in them I don't know how you do it.

Don't be a victim.  Maybe your sarcasm isn't so obvious. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2023
    What is the question in this fun thread? Haven't seen it before. Maybe I can supply a correct answer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    What is the question in this fun thread? Haven't seen it before. Maybe I can supply a correct answer.
    I'm not sure you want any part of this.  This is a slur that the right wing has begun to marginalized communities,  accusing them of trying to turn children transgender. 

Some of us believe that's silliness,  particularly compared to religious and gun nuts who indoctrinate children into those toxic cultures.  
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm not sure you want any part of this.  This is a slur that the right wing has begun to marginalized communities,  accusing them of trying to turn children transgender. 

Some of us believe that's silliness,  particularly compared to religious and gun nuts who indoctrinate children into those toxic cultures.  
    It's pretty apparent to me that this is so much more about stoking homophobia than it is about protecting children.

They're far less concerned about groomers in the church or anywhere else for that matter, which should tell you all you need to know. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I'm hysterical, hush you.
    Lol. Is it the drag thing? Racist people is trying to make it a thing in sweden to fuel the voter base and have something new to attack. Imported wholesale from the (Obviously racist) right in the US. 

ZZZ. 

Hasnt really been fruitfull in Sweden yet though. So they are back to hating windpower and saying that there is no climate crisis. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Lol. Is it the drag thing? Racist people is trying to make it a thing in sweden to fuel the voter base and have something new to attack. Imported wholesale from the (Obviously racist) right in the US. 

ZZZ. 

Hasnt really been fruitfull in Sweden yet though. So they are back to hating windpower and saying that there is no climate crisis. 
    Glad to see Sweden is like a mini-US. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:

No worries, as long as they lash me to the beat!
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I think he's trying to keep it light, M. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

No worries, as long as they lash me to the beat!
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:

I think he's trying to keep it light, M. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    Asking a poster a relevant question regarding posts they’ve made is now a personal attack? Wow.

kat Can you clarify? At what point is this personal since I'm the one being singled out here? 
    good lord. you can tag people for a reason. I've been tagged and I've tagged multiple people here for their specific stance on a given subject. never once have I seen anyone cry foul over it. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    Asking a poster a relevant question regarding posts they’ve made is now a personal attack? Wow.

kat Can you clarify? At what point is this personal since I'm the one being singled out here? 
    good lord. you can tag people for a reason. I've been tagged and I've tagged multiple people here for their specific stance on a given subject. never once have I seen anyone cry foul over it. 
    I always wondered what type of person flags a thread.  Now I know.
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

tagging and flagging are different. no flag by me
    Post edited by Kat on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Victimhood is a staple of the MAGA movement. 

mrussel1 said:

ZZZ. 

Glad to see Sweden is like a mini-US. 
    Even racists can google ”best practise” :D
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

Tag an admin is the same thing.
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

I thought you meant I had flagged the thread. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:

Hell no.  I know you don't do that crap.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JB16057 said:

Hell no.  I know you don't do that crap.

Reported (for naughty language).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:

Yet the admins went through and deleted all of the tags.... hmmm.... I was tagged 1 week after my last comment on this thread and was asked my personal opinion on a subject I wasn't talking about.

Nothing to see here....
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,477
    But the humanity.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

we ARE talking about the safety and well being of children, no? A stance I recall you being for?

I think the relevance was the recent discussion surrounding the link you shared of Washington states legislation about gender affirming care?

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Yet the admins went through and deleted all of the tags.... hmmm.... I was tagged 1 week after my last comment on this thread and was asked my personal opinion on a subject I wasn't talking about.

Nothing to see here....
    so no repsonse to the first quote?

edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Nothing to see here....
    because you whined. the mods do that. in all my years here, I've never seen someone cry about being tagged when someone asked a question, no matter how old the comment or even if there was a gross misrepresentation of their position. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited May 2023
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Nothing to see here....
    because you whined. the mods do that. in all my years here, I've never seen someone cry about being tagged when someone asked a question, no matter how old the comment or even if there was a gross misrepresentation of their position. 
    The reason why that rule is in place is for exactly this situation. It's one thing to have an ongoing conversation but to call me out a week later was only to try and catch me in a "gotcha" moment. The question was not relevant to what I was talking about. Why didn't they ask anyone else the same exact question? Because they were trying to make it personal. 

The rules are the rules so sorry if I "whined" and want the rules to apply to everyone, which they clearly do not. Once again, you are discussing the person, not the topic.
    Post edited by Kat on
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Nothing to see here....
    so no repsonse to the first quote?

This discussion has been closed.