The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• I'll never understand why some folks WISH for stadium shows when PJ can comfortably play arenas in every market
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 297
    Couldn’t agree more…….
  • I'll never understand why some folks WISH for stadium shows when PJ can comfortably play arenas in every market
    I would imagine that’s because it’s an easier ticket to get. Takes the stress out of hoping you score high-demand MSG or Philly tickets in the lottery.

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    edited November 2022
    I'll never understand why some folks WISH for stadium shows when PJ can comfortably play arenas in every market
    An evening with and a 3 hour set > the 2h 15m new age arena sets with openers.  I have seen their faces before. Halfway up first base or third base side is adequate!

In other news, we could only dream of something like what metallica just put out there. No repeat songs with Fri/Sun gigs only at stadiums in some of the bigger cities. Could actually hit the whole tour!
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'll never understand why some folks WISH for stadium shows when PJ can comfortably play arenas in every market
    I prefer Arena shows.  I've grown a little weary of stadium shows.  That being said, I also remember the clusterfuck of trying to get tickets to Seattle shows  when they play the Arena.  2013 sold out in a second (albeit for some reason they didn't do a 2nd show).  I know it's their home market, but it's 1 of the two big cities that are in reasonable travel distance to me (Vancouver and Seattle).  It's either play a stadium, or play the Arena and hope to god you get lucky and score tickets.

I would think Chicago and New York would have similar issues.  Play MSG or United Centre in cities of 10 million, with even more big cities in travel distance.   It's going to be insanely hard to get tickets.

I guess they could do what Foo Fighters did when I saw them in 2018.  They played the baseball park in Seattle, but played the Arena in Vancouver.  Sort of played to the size of the market kind of thing.

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    An evening with and a 3 hour set > the 2h 15m new age arena sets with openers.  I have seen their faces before. Halfway up first base or third base side is adequate!

In other news, we could only dream of something like what metallica just put out there. No repeat songs with Fri/Sun gigs only at stadiums in some of the bigger cities. Could actually hit the whole tour!
    Taylor Swift did a similar thing, large stadiums only Friday - Sunday’s with 1-2 thursdays mixed in.  One city a week.  Wonder if this will become
    a new trend for the larger acts, and i’m here for it.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I'd be fine with a mixture of stadiums & arenas depending on each market. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    The only ballpark I’d like to happen is Camden yards! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

Metallica is offering an 'I Disappear' ticket option that gains GA access to every show sans festivals. Cool idea for fans that have the time, energy and resources to chase them across a continent! Btw, just me or is that Kirk Hammett's little brother in the picture, haha?

jjflash said:

Metallica is offering an 'I Disappear' ticket option that gains GA access to every show sans festivals. Cool idea for fans that have the time, energy and resources to chase them across a continent! Btw, just me or is that Kirk Hammett's little brother in the picture, haha?

Great deal.  $998 for 10 shows is an amazing deal in todays climate.  I think it’s awesome they’re offering this.
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    I'm curious as to how many of those "I Disappear" tickets they will sell. 

• yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    jjflash said:

Great deal.  $998 for 10 shows is an amazing deal in todays climate.  I think it’s awesome they’re offering this.
    Had the same thought. It might be worth the money even if you can only hit 5-6 shows. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

Pretty big assumption that they will continue 3 hour shows in stadiums, no? I'd bet good money that 2:15 is the new normal regardless of venue, with the occasional blow-out for a special occasion

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2022
    PJ can play where they want. I’ll decide if I want to go or not. Besides, I’ve seen some legendary shows in stadiums and city/state park venues
  • My MSG source says he doesn’t see anything “definitive” for 2023. Brooklyn????
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    I doubt they hit any venues that they played during this past year. 

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159

Pretty big assumption that they will continue 3 hour shows in stadiums, no? I'd bet good money that 2:15 is the new normal regardless of venue, with the occasional blow-out for a special occasion

Yes, it is quite an assumption.  Obviously if stadiums were the same 2 hour 15min then sure, preference nod goes to arenas and sheds.
  • It would be a bummer if they hit the same venues as 2022 and continued to ignore a bunch of markets that haven't had shows in many years.
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    My MSG source says he doesn’t see anything “definitive” for 2023. Brooklyn????
    Citi Field/Yankee Stadium?

The thing is we probably won’t know until they happen. If they announce a mix of arenas/stadiums would they clearly state the stadium shows will be longer? 
    uglybabo said:
    Citi Field/Yankee Stadium?

The thing is we probably won’t know until they happen. If they announce a mix of arenas/stadiums would they clearly state the stadium shows will be longer? 
    Have to think Citi field is in the mix..... maybe even MetLife if they get a good opener
  • It would be a bummer if they hit the same venues as 2022 and continued to ignore a bunch of markets that haven't had shows in many years.
    I’m sure there will be some variety if there’s anything at all, but it would be perfectly fine with me if they played the same venues.  Play anywhere.  Just play somewhere.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    The only ballpark I’d like to happen is Camden yards! 
    ^^^.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    MSG is Harry's House now. 

• MSG is Harry's House now. 
    Nah msg is Phish turf. We take it over like no other. 🤪
  • Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 203
    edited December 2022

MSG is Harry's House now. 
    Nah msg is Phish turf. We take it over like no other. 🤪

See you in three weeks!
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,799

Metallica knows how to put a tour together  so does PJ but this new Metallica tour with 2nights no repeat is so neat 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    When I go to Stub Hub and search "Pearl Jam" it brings me to ACL in October.  Weird.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited December 2022
    trees said:

Metallica knows how to put a tour together  so does PJ but this new Metallica tour with 2nights no repeat is so neat 

Watch the joke be on the fans. The first night is gonna include I Disappear and St. Anger. The second night will be the 80s stuff.

Now that I think about it, "two nights no repeat" and they didn't say anything about repeating setlists in different cities. We assume it'll be a Grateful Dead or PJ type thing where the band thinks up the setlist 4-5 hours before the show, but that's an assumption...as is the below:

Example:
    They have 4-6 setlists.

City 1 gets Shows A and B.
    City 2 gets Shows C and D.
    City 3 gets Shows E and F.
    City 4 gets Shows A and B, repeating the cycle or maybe they decide to get random and go C and E.
    City 5 could then get Show B and C.

Each year gets different setlists. Example: 2023 Show A could be entirely different from 2024 Show A.

IMO, multiple carbon-copy setlists falls within the "no repeat weekend" commitment.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    When I go to Stub Hub and search "Pearl Jam" it brings me to ACL in October.  Weird.
    Yup ;)
  • When I go to Stub Hub and search "Pearl Jam" it brings me to ACL in October.  Weird.
    Stub Hub had the same thing earlier this year for this year’s ACL.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023