Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Haven’t posted or logged in awhile since before the holidays. So I just got caught up on everything. 

The citizens bank park rumor has been floating around for awhile now. They supposedly had two dates on hold in 2018 but it didn’t work out due to logistical reasons with the other dates that year. WMMR were even dropping hints about a citizens bank park show that year, and I heard from a source who had ties to citizen bank park that it was true. I definitely think it could be possible for this year. Especially since they played Camden and not Philly last year. Which was a weird move. And of course there was supposed to be Philly/East coast dates in fall of 2020.

As far as sonic temple festival, if it was any of the other heavier festivals I would say no way. But Sonic temple always seem to have a sorta lighter line up compared to Inkcarceration, Blue Ridge, and Aftershock. Foo Fighters, RHCP and AIC have headlined before so I could see PJ headlong Sonic temple of the other fest for sure. 

Guess time will tell for everything…
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 889
    Go Animal said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GB281198 said:
    New Sonic Temple tease starts with what looks like a red moon 
    Like perhaps a Superblood Wolfmoon?

90% chance the boys are locked in for Sonic Temple. Just a matter of which day...
    So that festival releases the lineup Tuesday, has the band ever just announced a random festival without a whole tour? Sonic temple isn’t the biggest festival out there, you’d think that show would get announced with other dates. Are we really getting dates tomorrow or Tuesday? I don’t buy it. I hope I am wrong 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    Go Animal said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GB281198 said:
    New Sonic Temple tease starts with what looks like a red moon 
    Like perhaps a Superblood Wolfmoon?

90% chance the boys are locked in for Sonic Temple. Just a matter of which day...
    So that festival releases the lineup Tuesday, has the band ever just announced a random festival without a whole tour? Sonic temple isn’t the biggest festival out there, you’d think that show would get announced with other dates. Are we really getting dates tomorrow or Tuesday? I don’t buy it. I hope I am wrong 
    2013 the Voodoo festival was announced long before the tour.   Same with ACL in 2014.  I believe 2016 was all announced at once but the tour announcement was January and the festivals were in June/July 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mkay0mkay0 Posts: 45
    They have discussed how they try to keep the environmental impact in mind when handling the logistics of touring. Doing a single show out in Ohio is absolutely not the most efficient use of resources. 
    06-13-2003 Council Bluffs; 05-16-2006, 05-17-2006 Chicago; 08-05-2007 Lollapalooza; 08-23-2009, 08-24-2009 Chicago; 05-03-2010 Kansas City; 05-04-2010 St. Louis; 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011 PJ20; 07-19-2013 Wrigley; 10-21-13, 10-22-13 Philly; 10-09-2014 Lincoln; 10-17-2014 Moline; 10-19-2014 St. Paul; 08-20-2016, 08-22-2016 Wrigley
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    mkay0 said:
    They have discussed how they try to keep the environmental impact in mind when handling the logistics of touring. Doing a single show out in Ohio is absolutely not the most efficient use of resources. 
    I can almost promise you that they don’t pay a single thought to the environmental impact of playing a show when a festival offers a million dollar payday
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mkay0 said:
    I can almost promise you that they don’t pay a single thought to the environmental impact of playing a show when a festival offers a million dollar payday
    I guess my thinking is if they’re gonna do one fest for a payday it’s going to be Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lolla, ACL, the big ones, those make sense.....sonic temple? A smaller, newer, 4 day fest...they gotta fill out the rest of that bill...I just don’t see them blowing their budget to make PJ do a one off show in Ohio. It just doesn’t make sense 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,306
    mkay0 said:
    I guess my thinking is if they’re gonna do one fest for a payday it’s going to be Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lolla, ACL, the big ones, those make sense.....sonic temple? A smaller, newer, 4 day fest...they gotta fill out the rest of that bill...I just don’t see them blowing their budget to make PJ do a one off show in Ohio. It just doesn’t make sense 
    It doesn't make sense.  But purely based on speculation and an image of Dirty Franks near the venue I went ahead and booked some non-refundable hotels.  All in on the only solid rumor we have.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Dirty Franks at this point might be more of an Earthlings clue than a Pearl Jam clue. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mkay0 said:
    It doesn't make sense.  But purely based on speculation and an image of Dirty Franks near the venue I went ahead and booked some non-refundable hotels.  All in on the only solid rumor we have.
    Real question is, where does the merch line start? 
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 647
    It’s kind of wild that we could get a festival announcement tomorrow and no other real solid rumors are out there.  The chatter has picked up a bit but not what you’d expect.   Looks like it may initially just be Sonic Temple with more to come.  
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,151
    edited January 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Dirty Franks at this point might be more of an Earthlings clue than a Pearl Jam clue. 
    Totally valid. BUT, I don't see Ed doing Earthlings shows without Chad. He's "the boss" & "the engine" according to Ed, lol. There was an article that came & went about Iggy's tour. He has his own offshoot of the Earthlings, The Losers.
    Iggy & The Losers are Iggy Pop, Duff McKagan, Andrew Watt (live your best life, bro!) and Chad Smith.
    So, that makes Chad's schedule:
    • JAN 14 - K-Rock AlterEgo - Los Angeles, CA, w/RHCP
    • JAN 21 - Auckland, NZ, w/RHCP
    • JAN 26 - Dunedin, NZ, w/RHCP
    • JAN 29 - Brisbane, w/RHCP
    • FEB 2 - Sydney I, w/RHCP
    • FEB 4 - Sydney II, w/RHCP
    • FEB 7 - Melbourne I, w/RHCP
    • FEB 9 - Melbourne II, w/RHCP
    • FEB 12 - Perth, w/RHCP
    • FEB 16 - Singapore, w/RHCP
    • FEB 19 - Tokyo, w/RHCP
    • FEB 21 - Osaka, w/RHCP
    • *MAR 10 - THE SALT SHED – CHICAGO, w/Iggy & the Losers
    • MAR 18 or 19 - Mexico City, w/RHCP
    • MAR 29 - Vancouver, w/RHCP
    • APR 1 - Las Vegas, w/ RHCP
    • APR 6 - Fargo, w/RHCP
    • APR 8 - Minneapolis, w/RHCP
    • APR 14 - Syracuse, NY w/ RHCP
    • *APR 20 - THE REGENT – LOS ANGELES, w/Iggy & the Losers
    • *APR 22 - MASONIC THEATER – SAN FRANCISCO, w/Iggy & the Losers
    • *APR 27 - HOLLYWOOD PALADIUM – LOS ANGELES, w/Iggy & the Losers
    • *APR 29 - THE PEARL – LAS VEGAS, w/Iggy & the Losers
    • MAY 12 - San Diego, w/RHCP
    • MAY 14 - Phoenix, w/RHCP
    • MAY 17 - San Antonio, w/RHCP
    • MAY 19 - Hangout Music Festival - Gulf Shores, AL, w/RHCP
    • MAY 25 - Houston, w/RHCP
    • *JUN 15 - JUN 17 - AZKENA ROCK FESTIVAL 2023 – AZKENA – VITORIA-GASTEIZ, SPAIN, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • JUN 18 - Pinkpop - Landgraaf, w/RHCP
    • *JUN 21 - PGE NARODOWY – WARSAW, POLAND – RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • JUN 24 - Tinderbox - Odense, Denmark, w/RHCP
    • JUN 26 - Mannheim, Germany, w/RHCP
    • JUN 30 - Rock Werchter - Belgium, w/RHCP
    • *JUL 01 - CRYSTAL PALACE PARK – LONDON, UK, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • JUL 02 - Milan, Italy, w/RHCP
    • JUL 06 - Lisbon, Portugal, w/RHCP
    • JUL 08 - Madrid, Spain, w/RHCP
    • *JUL 08 - MUSILAC 2023 – AIX LES BAINS, FRANCE, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • *JUL 11 - GROUPAMA STADIUM – LYON, FRANCE – RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • *JUL 14 - ERNST HAPPEL STADION – VIENNA, AUSTRIA – RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • JUL 17 - Les Vieilles Charrues, France, w/RHCP
    • *JUL 19 or JUL 20 - ELECTRIC CASTLE FESTIVAL – CLUJ-NAPOCA, ROMANIA, w/Iggy Pop (regular band?)
    • JUL 21 - Tottenham Hotspur - London, UK, w/RHCP
    • JUL 23 - Glasgow, w/RHCP
    Insane!
    Now, with ALL that in mind? I wouldn't put it past Ed, or Chad to do some Earthlings shows somewhere in between

Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,151
    edited January 2023
    Okay, 2% chance it turns out to be the Earthlings:
    • MAY 25 - Houston, w/RHCP
    • *JUN 15 - JUN 17 - AZKENA ROCK FESTIVAL 2023 – AZKENA – VITORIA-GASTEIZ, SPAIN, w/Iggy Pop
    but that would have to be the biggest niche scavenger hunt social media post of all time, and the poster would have to be aware of the small uproar over the Earthlings performing Dirty Frank on the regular, and Pearl Jam not, lol

spoiler: it was.
    Post edited by Go Animal on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    mkay0 said:
    Some pretty big acts have headlined the festival, so I am not sure they are handing out chump change. Foo Fighters, Metallica, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers...
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,707
    mkay0 said:
    Environmental concerns being that they’re more likely to link shows and festivals rather than stop and start and add thousands of miles to moving everything around. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I keep thinking Lollapalooza... I am NOT rooting for that. 
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 402
    For those that are not big festival fans, this is not like all the other festivals. I've been to Lolla chi, Burbon and beyond twice, Bonnaroo, louder than life, Rockville, midtown music festival in ATL. All those festivals take place in a wide-open field with way too many people. Sonic Temple is inside a soccer stadium, similar to Missoula.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Someone on here had information that they're not playing Wrigley.  So Lolla would make sense...which is unfortunate.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    BRONDO said:
    For those that are not big festival fans, this is not like all the other festivals. I've been to Lolla chi, Burbon and beyond twice, Bonnaroo, louder than life, Rockville, midtown music festival in ATL. All those festivals take place in a wide-open field with way too many people. Sonic Temple is inside a soccer stadium, similar to Missoula.
    Shh. Don’t tell people that. Stay away!
    I went to B&B last year, and yes, way too many people. I scalped a wristband and went just to catch the foo fighters at sonic temple back in ‘19 and I was fairly close to the stage and never felt anywhere near as cramped as I was at B&B where I was near the back. I will say, there was a weather delay before Foos and maybe people went home.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 647
    The painted shield 2nd show email makes me think they wanted people to see that before a Pearl Jam announcement of some sort makes it get lost in the shuffle.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,957
    ddeschler said:
    Someone on here had information that they're not playing Wrigley.  So Lolla would make sense...which is unfortunate.
    Arenas!!!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,063
    Bunting10 said:
    The painted shield 2nd show email makes me think they wanted people to see that before a Pearl Jam announcement of some sort makes it get lost in the shuffle.  
    Agree. So that side project and Ed at Innings Fest are in March. Possible warm up side gigs before the real tour?
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    ddeschler said:
    Word
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Wasn’t there a rumor that they were supposed to play two nights at the United Center in September 2020? Maybe instead of Wrigley the UC is on the table?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    ddeschler said:
    Wasn’t there a rumor that they were supposed to play two nights at the United Center in September 2020? Maybe instead of Wrigley the UC is on the table?

The OG rumor from 2020 was something along the lines of "Chicago, but not Wrigley Field."

So yeah, the United Center would have made sense.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    edited January 2023
    The Sonic Temple lineup is being announced at 11am ET (8am PT) tomorrow.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Boston Calling hyping something for tomorrow at 10am. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Fests are same weekend. PJ would make sense for both. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    JimmyV said:
    Boston Calling hyping something for tomorrow at 10am. 
    Tomorrow is the 10th!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    edited January 2023
    The Sonic Temple lineup is being announced at 11am ET (8am PT) tomorrow.
    Interesting..... 5 days ago it was 1 PM EST but is now more in line with Bonnaroo and Boston Calling

Bonnaroo is 11 AM EST as well... Boston Calling is "tomorrow morning"
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,026
    Foo Fighters are playing Bonnaroo and likely Boston Calling.  I think I read on the Inforoo board Kendrick Lamar is also at both, and PJ is not at Bonnaroo. 
    Not much mention of PJ there other than Sonic Temple.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago