Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• I THINK I HAVE SOLVED A PAIR OF BETTER SHORTS. 

Not expensive either. Will run tomorrow. 
    What shorts did you get? 
    The seller, who informed me that the ones I had first bought were not running shorts (even with them being located next to the running gear…) first pointed me to a pair of Adidas with a good (phone) pocket but my size wqs sold out so I ended up buying the chains own brand shorts. 

Will go out running now. Hopefully they work

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I THINK I HAVE SOLVED A PAIR OF BETTER SHORTS. 

What shorts did you get? 
    The seller, who informed me that the ones I had first bought were not running shorts (even with them being located next to the running gear…) first pointed me to a pair of Adidas with a good (phone) pocket but my size wqs sold out so I ended up buying the chains own brand shorts. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Which adidas shorts did they point to?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Ugh. I have had a cough the past few days that has wiped me out. Luckily, it is not COVID. I think it is just a run of the mill change of seasons cough. This was on top of not running the past week. I decided to run today despite the cough and only made it about 2 miles before my lungs hurt a bit and the coughing got annoying. It is better than a few days ago, but I just don't want to lose all my progress. I guess I should take it slowly so it doesn't take longer to recover, but it is so frustrating.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2022
    I THINK I HAVE SOLVED A PAIR OF BETTER SHORTS. 

What shorts did you get? 

Let us know how it goes. 

Which adidas shorts did they point to?
    Worked great. Todays runnings faults was not because of the shorts. Was out for only 5,6km but walked twice.

Adidas:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    GlowGirl said:
    Ugh. I have had a cough the past few days that has wiped me out. Luckily, it is not COVID. I think it is just a run of the mill change of seasons cough. This was on top of not running the past week. I decided to run today despite the cough and only made it about 2 miles before my lungs hurt a bit and the coughing got annoying. It is better than a few days ago, but I just don't want to lose all my progress. I guess I should take it slowly so it doesn't take longer to recover, but it is so frustrating.
    Hope you feel better, soon!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    GlowGirl said:
    Hope you feel better, soon!
    Thanks. I am feeling much better than I did late last week. So I am definitely on the mend. I think I should be back up to speed by the end of the week. Hope everyone is doing well. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    This place is buzzing.... It's great. Love to see everyone enjoying their running and running gear.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    my next playground in the spring. 55km across Snowdonia national park in Wales. Close to 11,000ft of elevation gain. Back to inventing ways of getting some vert in my training around the incredibly flat area I live in 🤔
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Gorgeous 
    Wow. That is gorgeous. What an amazing run that will be.
  • Getting dark here by 18 now. Soon 17. Then 16 come December.

Looking out now, it's 19... about leave the office. Had planned to run today (short, like 3-4km) but going out into a pitch-blackiness is not only Spoooooky but also looks cold not cozy.

Looking out now, it's 19... about leave the office. Had planned to run today (short, like 3-4km) but going out into a pitch-blackiness is not only Spoooooky but also looks cold not cozy.
    Yeah, the shorter and colder days don't help with motivation to get out and run. 
    Getting dark here by 18 now. Soon 17. Then 16 come December.

Yeah, the shorter and colder days don't help with motivation to get out and run. 

I love running in the dark (with a headlamp) but it depends how cold.
    Gothenburg looks like it is in the 50s, so I actually am fine with that weather.  Was high 50s this AM and I was very comfortable- actually was a bit too hot by the end of the run.

I love running in the dark (with a headlamp) but it depends how cold.
    Gothenburg looks like it is in the 50s, so I actually am fine with that weather.  Was high 50s this AM and I was very comfortable- actually was a bit too hot by the end of the run.
    More the dark and the rainyness. But will run tomorrow. SECOND TIME WITH MY SUPERSHORTS
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    GlowGirl said:
    Sorry to hear about your ankle. Swimming is amazing in terms of aerobic exercise. I wish I had access to a pool. Yes. Hopefully, we can connect next tour. 
    Already I see improvements in my ankle's mobility, due to the reduction in steps taken and exercises I've been carrying out. Hopefully it continues to get stronger. I had great dreams of doing a 10k run in 2022 but it just was not to be unfortunately. Anyway, maybe next year It happens!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Short lap as usual. But tried to speed up this time so my fastest lap at least (the one listed as the fastes on the app was because of some error). 

• Aggravated my inner thigh on today's run. Will need to do alot of stretching and care on it for my HM next weekend. Luckily I know what I did last time helped it quickly, so I have a path to follow. It's also taper week so not too worried about missing a few runs.
    Aggravated my inner thigh on today's run. Will need to do alot of stretching and care on it for my HM next weekend. Luckily I know what I did last time helped it quickly, so I have a path to follow. It's also taper week so not too worried about missing a few runs.
    Crap.  Any idea why/how it was bothered?
  • Aggravated my inner thigh on today's run. Will need to do alot of stretching and care on it for my HM next weekend. Luckily I know what I did last time helped it quickly, so I have a path to follow. It's also taper week so not too worried about missing a few runs.
    Crap.  Any idea why/how it was bothered?
    No idea. Was in my 3 minute recovery period between 2 HM tempo runs when I felt it start to hurt a little. Started the 2nd tempo run, gave it 2 minutes and decided it wasn't worth pushing through 9 days out from the race.

I still ran 2.5 miles home (that's how far away I was) at an easy pace with no issues. So pretty sure I can manage it this week and get to my race healthy. 

My first 20 tempo felt really good, so hoping with managing it this week I can still have a good race next weekend.
    Good that you have a strong feel for it.  Hope it holds up as you warm up and is strong for that positive split!
  • Good that you have a strong feel for it.  Hope it holds up as you warm up and is strong for that positive split!
    Thanks. I made it through my 16 mile run last Sunday without it bothering me, which also had 2 HM tempo segments. Most likely this is just an 'overuse' issue that I need to let fully recover after my race. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2022
    Both my back and the side of my belly (we call this ”håll” in Sweden, don’t know what the english term is) started hurting a bit. And I’m not even running long distances. Well, atleast I got out 

• Both my back and the side of my belly (we call this ”håll” in Sweden, don’t know what the english term is) started hurting a bit. And I’m not even running long distances. Well, atleast I got out 

Hopefully it feels better. 

I made the mistake of jumping on the trampoline with my nephew yesterday, it aggravated my leg a bit. Will try running on Tuesday and see how it does.
    Both my back and the side of my belly (we call this ”håll” in Sweden, don’t know what the english term is) started hurting a bit. And I’m not even running long distances. Well, atleast I got out 

Not sure if that is a "stitch" - if so, what I find is that if I drink too much liquid before or during the run, that happens.  Not something that will injure you but it is not comfortable. 

I made the mistake of jumping on the trampoline with my nephew yesterday, it aggravated my leg a bit. Will try running on Tuesday and see how it does.
    Dang.  Take it easy!!
  • Both my back and the side of my belly (we call this ”håll” in Sweden, don’t know what the english term is) started hurting a bit. And I’m not even running long distances. Well, atleast I got out 

Not sure if that is a "stitch" - if so, what I find is that if I drink too much liquid before or during the run, that happens.  Not something that will injure you but it is not comfortable. 
    Yep, Exactly correct.

I hate when those happen. The only thing I can do when I get a side stitch is to walk it off. 

I hope the leg feels better. But I do get the allure of the trampoline. Those things are fun. 
  • I didn't even think about the fact my leg was hurting when I got on the trampoline, just joined my 7yo nephew on there. 

Feels much better today. Thought about taking a run, but will probably give it one more day to make sure it's better and just skip the long run I missed yesterday. 
  • Quiet here this week. How has everyone been doing?

I'm excited about my HM tomorrow!