Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    where to eat after a tough 11 miler? 😂
  • FALL SEASON HAS STARTED

I

AM

BACK

BABY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited August 2022
    Go SC!

Awesome  picture!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    edited September 2022
    10 mile race this morning... Finished 43rd out of 210, and 13th in my age group and over in 75mins. The half marathon is in 6 weeks, today I was off goal pace but it was a very hilly (undulating 🙄) course. I know for a fact the half is pretty flat, although I'm not that confident I have my goal time in me 🤷🏼‍♂️

*Edit. Just got official results and I cam 2nd in my age group 😁
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wow that is awesome, congrats.  75 mins.  Damn.  You pulled in 11 minutes faster than my last 10 mile race.  You would already be cooled down, relaxing with a beer and your feet up by the time I could see the finish line.  :)
    I went 8 miles yesterday - still so frigging hot.  
    Start mg Half training program this week, I believe, need to check that today

• Wow that is awesome, congrats.  75 mins.  Damn.  You pulled in 11 minutes faster than my last 10 mile race.  You would already be cooled down, relaxing with a beer and your feet up by the time I could see the finish line.  :)
    I went 8 miles yesterday - still so frigging hot.  
    Start mg Half training program this week, I believe, need to check that today

Winner came in at 56 mins 😂😂😂
    Damn.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited September 2022
    How is everyone doing. I have been a bit out of touch while in Canada, but I managed two 5 mile runs on the treadmill in my hotel gym. Not much, but at least I did it :) I just got home, so should be back to my regular routine. Hope all is well.
    Good work keeping things going while traveling.
    Back to running 5 days a week, been 3 or 4 this year prior to starting this training program.  I both like it and don't like it.  The extra cost with regard to sleep is high.  Think I averaged low 5 hours this week, with all work, running. Kids soccer (coach of our son's team), and kids baseball.  It is going to be a long 2 months until baseball and soccer is done and I can focus on the race.  Not sure what I'll run in December, but I'm thinking it will be light.
  • Hey gang! Always good to come back here and see a couple new posts of people getting to it 😁

I have a few more weeks of training and then one final attempt at sub 90mins for the half marathon. I've been hitting good training times but it's hard, and it hurts 😂 

Not long before the running pack will be on again and I'll be doing what I really love. 2 ultras for the first half of 2023
    Get some!
  • this weekend we returned to the robinhood100!! This time to man an overnight aid station along the canal at the 90 mile point. We arrived early to visit the forest and get a 13 mile training run in along the route which brought back some painful but cherished memories 👍😂 I won't lie... It felt great to pay back some of the brilliant help we received last year. The winner came through our aid station at 9pm! And finished in a course record of 15 hrs 🤯
    Wow. Sounds like a great time. So nice of you to do that. It must have been a great experience. I have not run for 10 days. Once I am back from St. Louis I am back at it. I hope I didn’t lose too much progress. 
  • GlowGirl said:
    Wow. Sounds like a great time. So nice of you to do that. It must have been a great experience. I have not run for 10 days. Once I am back from St. Louis I am back at it. I hope I didn’t lose too much progress. 
    Couple of runs and you'll be right back.. a little time off is never that bad.

It was a great experience. Lucky enough to be at 90 miles at a point where every runner really needs the assistance 😂 we saw some broken souls but every one of them kept rolling... It's insane. Cannot wait to run it again, it's magic
    That is awesome 👌 
    5k pr'd yesterday.   Think I may have run the race w/covid.  Went to test today....
    5k pr'd yesterday.   Think I may have run the race w/covid.  Went to test today....
    Hope you are ok. Do you think you may have picked something up in Camden?
    GlowGirl said:
    Hope you are ok. Do you think you may have picked something up in Camden?
    No way to know.  I was at a conference on Tuesday, the concert on Wednesday.  Could have been any smaller interaction or something in those groups.  Concerts are obvious candidates since people are screaming, on close quarters.

Did you get you test results back. Could be a later summer cold. In any case, I hope you are feeling ok. 
    Yep, C19 positive.  I took 30 seconds off my pr with covid...would have been much faster without it, I'm sure!

Have a race the Saturday after next.  Training is gonna be weak for that one figuring I need to take time off with this shit.
    edited September 2022
    Yep, C19 positive.  I took 30 seconds off my pr with covid...would have been much faster without it, I'm sure!

Have a race the Saturday after next.  Training is gonna be weak for that one figuring I need to take time off with this shit.
    Feel better soon. When did you and I hang out? :) It has been almost a week - so far so good on my end.

Yeah, I think you were the asymptomatic carrier and gave it to me.  :lol:   jk.  Hope you don't have it. 
    edited September 2022
    Yeah, I think you were the asymptomatic carrier and gave it to me.  :lol:   jk.  Hope you don't have it. 
    I think I came home from Prague with it at the end of July so hopefully I have a bit of protection along with my four vaccines.  In any case don’t push yourself too hard. Are your symptoms ok? You may have picked it up at the show. There were a lot of people singing there. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    For sure. 
    Symptoms are actually tougher than I expected.  I don't get sick.  Legitimately like once a year, if that.
    This is a multiple day thing, but I'm fortunate to be able to say it just seems to be a very strong cold, for me.  So many are still struggling with this damn stuff

I'll be good!
    For sure. 
    Symptoms are actually tougher than I expected.  I don't get sick.  Legitimately like once a year, if that.
    This is a multiple day thing, but I'm fortunate to be able to say it just seems to be a very strong cold, for me.  So many are still struggling with this damn stuff

I'll be good!
    Glad to hear it is mild so far. Once the cold symptoms subside you may have some fatigue for a bit. That takes the longest to go away in my opinion. Just keep resting. 
  • Hi everyone, it's been a while! I was lucky enough to meet @GlowGirl in the GA line at STL. It was a pleasure.

F Me - sorry to hear about your Covid. Hopefully it passes soon.

I'm working toward my half marathon in Nov, hopefully no more stress fractures this time around. Unfortunately I'm not in nearly the shape I was in this time last year (had to take 7 weeks off due to tendinitis in my ankle), but otherwise training has been going well. 
    Glad to hear you are back training.  I'm sure you will pick things up as you get closer!

Covid (short covid at least) seems to be relaxing.  Now, when will I run again?  Thinking Sunday am perhaps, if everything goes well.  Will have to see.
    Hi everyone, it's been a while! I was lucky enough to meet @GlowGirl in the GA line at STL. It was a pleasure.

F Me - sorry to hear about your Covid. Hopefully it passes soon.

I'm working toward my half marathon in Nov, hopefully no more stress fractures this time around. Unfortunately I'm not in nearly the shape I was in this time last year (had to take 7 weeks off due to tendinitis in my ankle), but otherwise training has been going well. 
    It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife as well. It is always great to meet people from here in person. Good luck with the half. I am glad training has been going well. Keep us posted on your progress.

Glad to hear you are back training.  I'm sure you will pick things up as you get closer!

Covid (short covid at least) seems to be relaxing.  Now, when will I run again?  Thinking Sunday am perhaps, if everything goes well.  Will have to see.
    I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't push yourself too hard. I know you won't take that advice, but try.

Had my first run in two weeks today. I knew after mile 1 it was going to be hard. I ended up taking a very short walk after 3 miles, and then cranked out the last 2 miles. I think two more runs should get me back up to speed.