Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 679
    todays run soundtrack was Hyde Park night 2... Great memories... Consider my juices flowing

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Get it going!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,045
    edited April 4
    What running watch do you people have?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I use the Coros pace 2. Looking to upgrade but actually it does a great job, I get up to 30hrs out of the battery in full GPS mode so it's good for longer ultras too.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,903
    I just use a basic Fitbit - but may upgrade at some point. Right now, it serves my purposes.
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    Just an old Timex Ironman for this guy.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Everyone here uses Garmin, so I think I will stick with it also.

They were selling the Forerunner 55 really cheap this week (135 dollars). Thought about finally buying a watch at that price (using my phone right now to keep track), but at the same time watching some videos it does seem to be a few years old...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Not including big ultra races I have hit my biggest weekly training mileage. It's been a good peak week. Boston (UK) marathon in 3 weeks 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Not including big ultra races I have hit my biggest weekly training mileage. It's been a good peak week. Boston (UK) marathon in 3 weeks 
    Wow! Amazing. I rarely run that much in a month. Good luck with the marathon.

• Options
    The Forerunner 55 is up to normal price again. Should have bought it. 

But will just have to wait for the next sale
  • Options
    edited April 8
    MIP or AMOLED screen. 

WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,554

This time last year.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    MIP or AMOLED screen. 

WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON
    Fenix 6 pro
    I believe it is MIP.  I want battery life and it looks great

It is several years old now so you can probably buy for 60% of what it cost new.

The one you mentioned I bought for my son and he loves it.  A good runner. 

• Options
    Today I had my best time ever for a 4 mile run. I ran a 9:50 minute mile. I know that is like a slow jog for most of you guys, but it was good for me. 
  • Options
    Awesome,  great work!
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 404
    Late to this, but I use a Garmin Solar Instinct. Not a lot of bells and whistles but does enough. Got it as a Prime Day Special a couple of years ago.

Haven't posted lately, but still running steadily. Running a 5K tomorrow- one year anniversary of my first 5K after I returned to running!

• Options
    Things that happen when you listen to the new pearl jam album:

• Options
    Today I'm going to run on the treadmill for 48 minutes and  21 seconds exactly 😁
  • Options
    Things that happen when you listen to the new pearl jam album:

Haha 😂 you bought the ltd edition that comes with a free running injury!? 😁
  • Options
    MATE! cannot run to this album 😂 I must have looked like a mad man! Went right through the mill and starting choking up a little on Stevie at the breakdown/build up to the final chorus.

A great run, and I haven't felt like this for a pj album in a long time 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    MATE! cannot run to this album 😂 I must have looked like a mad man! Went right through the mill and starting choking up a little on Stevie at the breakdown/build up to the final chorus.

A great run, and I haven't felt like this for a pj album in a long time 
    I wanna go for a short run today again just to listen to it again :) 
  • Options
    Beating records like im 1993’s Pearl Jam

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,329
    Beating records like im 1993’s Pearl Jam

Nice!!!

I am slowly getting back into running, although things don't feel great. My PT and Dr both told me I am good to run, although the Dr told me the discomfort may just be my new normal. I did a 45 minute run today, but man am I out of shape in comparison to where I was. I'll keep at it and hope to get back to where I was last year.
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 23
    It's marathon time this Sunday... Nearing the end of the taper and I always fucking hate tapering, I always feel rotten and unfit and really lethargic. I know training went well but I can never seem to draw on the enthusiasm. But as always it will feel right on the day.

Then it's time to get the salomon 12 litre pack on and get into ultra mode 😁

46 mile race in June
    100 miler in sept 

And something new to me, 12 hours running on a track in November... Eek
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    Beast mode!!!
    You got it

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,329
    beano.79 said:
    It's marathon time this Sunday... Nearing the end of the taper and I always fucking hate tapering, I always feel rotten and unfit and really lethargic. I know training went well but I can never seem to draw on the enthusiasm. But as always it will feel right on the day.

Then it's time to get the salomon 12 litre pack on and get into ultra mode 😁

46 mile race in June
    100 miler in sept 

And something new to me, 12 hours running on a track in November... Eek
    Fantastic! 

I'm starting general build and I hate it, 20 or 30 minute slow runs most days starting out, but I know I shouldn't jump in too fast since I've been off for 9 months. 
  • Options
    In California over weekend, 10 miles on beach, and in Idaho now...ran 5 along the river on a cool trail this morning.
    Tomorrow going to run the streets of Boise.
    Love seeing different cities on foot, this way.
    Thursday AM ill be in a different part of CA, running on another beach

• Options
    12 hours on a track? yikes…. tough stuff
  • Options
    Yeah, think that 4 hours is longest I've done, when I was doing marathon track work.
    3x is crazy, mind numbing, deeeeep stuff man!
    (Upsode of long track runs...there is always a bathroom nearby when a must)