Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Spunkie said:
    I did! 
    It's energizing!
    Nice!!

Ran with my gf yesterday so I HAD TO TALK DURING THE RUN instead of listening to PJ. Will try out Running tomorrow. 
    Agnes ;) ?

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    ^Yay. SC and gf sitting in a tree...
    k I s s I n g.
     1st comes love, n then comes marriage,
    then a baby in the baby carriage :)

When I was sizing up perfect under the seat bags (everywhere knapsack), I noticed Lululemon had a bag with a separate running area. they make those close by, but are overpriced. Pipsqueak has a soccer bag and I just saw someone with a soccer ball in this stick out, airable area that might work for running shoes, too.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    Loujoe said:
    Spunkie said:
    I did! 
    It's energizing!
    Nice!!

Ran with my gf yesterday so I HAD TO TALK DURING THE RUN instead of listening to PJ. Will try out Running tomorrow. 
    Agnes ;) ?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 671
    edited March 22
    Jasmin Paris a British ultra runner just became the first ever female to finish the Barkley marathons with just 99 seconds of the 60 hour limit remaining.

Absolutely fucking incredible. So inspiring, who wants to come run through the night with me? 😁
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,278
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    beano.79 said:
    Jasmin Paris a British ultra runner just became the first ever female to finish the Barkley marathons with just 99 seconds of the 60 hour limit remaining.

Absolutely fucking incredible. So inspiring, who wants to come run through the night with me? 😁
    Amazing!!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    beano.79 said:

The Barkley is for people who are certifiably insane.
    That being said that is an amazing accomplishment.
  • Options
    this weeks long run. Most at an easy pace but with 4 (separate) miles at marathon race pace in the 2nd half.

Running off the disappointment of missing out on the listening party, frustrating being just a 1 hour train journey away.

How's everyone doing?
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    Baby steps. I’ve been away from running for 3.5 years. Inspired by this thread, I started a couple weeks ago alternating two minutes of walking and 3-4 minutes of light jogging (maybe 8:10 pace) on the treadmill. I do this only for about 20-25 minutes every other day. I think I finally found a shoe that doesn’t irritate my heel spur, or whatever I have going on with my foot.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    go pre said:
    Baby steps. I’ve been away from running for 3.5 years. Inspired by this thread, I started a couple weeks ago alternating two minutes of walking and 3-4 minutes of light jogging (maybe 8:10 pace) on the treadmill. I do this only for about 20-25 minutes every other day. I think I finally found a shoe that doesn’t irritate my heel spur, or whatever I have going on with my foot.
    It sounds like you're going about it the right way, can't rush these things, always the long game.

This thread and the guys here are great, super encouraging and inspiring, my favourite place on the forum
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited March 23
    beano.79 said:
    this weeks long run. Most at an easy pace but with 4 (separate) miles at marathon race pace in the 2nd half.

Running off the disappointment of missing out on the listening party, frustrating being just a 1 hour train journey away.

How's everyone doing?
    Killing it man, this is awesome!

I skipped long run this week.  (Was for this AM)  My Vegas week and then race killed my fitness, overall.  VO2 Max is going down, not same or up.  Will go for a jog tomorrow with the 9 year old...3-4 miles.  Then, can get back to it this week.  
    Traveling again (ottawa this time) so will be bringing the gear and running around a new city.  Love that.

Travel every week in April so not sure what my race is gonna be.  Perhaps somewhere on the road.

May is "Broad Street Run", a 10 miler with 35k people that is fun.
  • Options
    go pre said:
    That is good to read!
    Hope you can avoid the pain.  And...that you can get back outside and run a bit in the beauty of Not Treadmill.  :lol:   
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

How's everyone doing?
    I don't use a running app so I won't make the little swirly things for the running club. Are you going to? Can you share it here if you do, please?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. My back has been fine for a few weeks. Ran four miles this morning on the treadmill. It was pouring out. Glad to be back to regular running. 
  • Options
    go pre said:
    That is good to read!
    Hope you can avoid the pain.  And...that you can get back outside and run a bit in the beauty of Not Treadmill.  :lol:   
    Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of the treadmill, but I do like the controlled terrain/environment it provides until I get my fitness level up a bit.
  • Options
    The PUMA bad I bought from amazon doesn’t have a shoe department. I guess ”shoe inlay” which PUMA’s site says mean something else…………

Have to return it and find one which has one. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Is your Amazon site in Swedish? Otherwise search for shoe compartment.
    Hopefully the next one does the trick.
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    Is your Amazon site in Swedish? Otherwise search for shoe compartment.
    Hopefully the next one does the trick.
    hah. Sorry I actually ment compartment. :)

But yeah. I think I go to a physical store and ask them instead.
  • Options
    Ran my very first 21k. Slow but I ran it. No walking. 

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889

Congrats!! That is awesome.

• Options

Fantastic! Nice work 💪
  • Options
    Waiting for the bridge to close after a ship went by:

• Options
    Dude, congratulations!!!  Huge first accomplishment!
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,542

Just want to jump in here to say Congratulations. I'd say you're figuring out this new jogging thing just fine!  I gotta get back into it again here this spring myself.  Looking forward to it. Got new shoes that need breaking in. 
  • Options
    That's amazing Mr. SC! Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    Applied to the Gothenburg half-marathon. Used to be the worlds biggest. Don't know if that is still the case. But 50.000 runners.

Hehe. Will run slow but hopefully make it all the way through.

• Options
    Applied to the Gothenburg half-marathon. Used to be the worlds biggest. Don't know if that is still the case. But 50.000 runners.

Hehe. Will run slow but hopefully make it all the way through.

Great stuff! When is it?
  • Options
    May 18!
  • Options

Easter running in my hometown