Canada

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PJNB said:
    There is one thing that people traveling to Canada should be aware of - random arrival testing.  As the rules stand today, anyone could be selected for a test.  If selected, which is about 1/20, you have to complete it by the end of the next day, and if it comes back positive you have to quarantine.  You don’t have to quarantine pending taking the test or getting the test results.  It’s low risk to be selected and to be positive but it’s not zero risk.  Is there a point to this random testing? Not clear.  

So if you're selected for testing and it turns out you're positive (and asymptomatic...if you've got symptoms stay home...not trying to turn this into another covid thread) you would be stuck in Canada until your quarantine is over?
    Yes for 10 days I believe which is 5 days longer than what is required for us to isolate now. 

If it was me test the day you are travelling so no surprises and use the online testing site option for less hassle. Bring tests with you that are accepted for testing in Canada with you as well so you do not have to go out and buy them.

.but if we are in Canada for only 1-3 days, we should take the opposite approach? Delay the test as long as possible as we’d be out of the country well before test results are returned? I’ve been thinking of staying an extra couple days, but being forced to isolate 10 days and not being allowed to return home  would be a hardship for me. (Edit, I’m entering by car)

Same. We will arrive in Canada on Saturday afternoon and leave on Monday morning. Seems like delaying testing as long as possible would be the strategy here.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited August 2022
    (Hey Canada...this thread was supposed to be a celebration of you. That it has descended into a discussion of Covid regulations and testing requirements is your own fault. Boo.)

• Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    PJ, please play all of Gigaton in Canada.

In fact, if you can, play the entire catalog.  I don't care how messy it sounds 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    There is one thing that people traveling to Canada should be aware of - random arrival testing.  As the rules stand today, anyone could be selected for a test.  If selected, which is about 1/20, you have to complete it by the end of the next day, and if it comes back positive you have to quarantine.  You don’t have to quarantine pending taking the test or getting the test results.  It’s low risk to be selected and to be positive but it’s not zero risk.  Is there a point to this random testing? Not clear.  

So if you're selected for testing and it turns out you're positive (and asymptomatic...if you've got symptoms stay home...not trying to turn this into another covid thread) you would be stuck in Canada until your quarantine is over?
    Yes for 10 days I believe which is 5 days longer than what is required for us to isolate now. 

If it was me test the day you are travelling so no surprises and use the online testing site option for less hassle. Bring tests with you that are accepted for testing in Canada with you as well so you do not have to go out and buy them.

.but if we are in Canada for only 1-3 days, we should take the opposite approach? Delay the test as long as possible as we’d be out of the country well before test results are returned? I’ve been thinking of staying an extra couple days, but being forced to isolate 10 days and not being allowed to return home  would be a hardship for me. (Edit, I’m entering by car)

Same. We will arrive in Canada on Saturday afternoon and leave on Monday morning. Seems like delaying testing as long as possible would be the strategy here.  

Yeah, and I just reread their govt website, and they are silent about short term visits, other than results can take up to four days. There is no way they can stop us from leaving after three days? We only check in with US Customs on the way out? Of course paranoid me envisions scenarios where Mounties are lined up at the border looking for test evaders. Would rather be talking about setlists, but it is the quiet before the storm now!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    JimmyV said:
    (Hey Canada...this thread was supposed to be a celebration of you. That it has descended into a discussion of Covid regulations and testing requirements is your own fault. Boo.)
    We hang our heads in shame.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:

I am planning on arriving early afternoon Tuesday for the Hamilton show, and leaving Friday morning after the Thursday Toronto show. 
  • JayfesukJayfesuk Posts: 82
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

So if you test positive, you have to stay in Canada for the full length of the quarantine? You can’t drive back across the border and quarantine in the US?
    This is my question. Doesn't seem to make much sense. 
    Nevermind I found the answer. It looks like you can cross back over the border if you’re driving in a private vehicle (see the answer to the last question in the link)

On a positive note, I plan on visiting Niagara Falls on the day between the Hamilton and Toronto shows. I have never been there, so it should be pretty cool.
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I still like you guys. 

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Red Lukin said:
    PJ, please play all of Gigaton in Canada.

In fact, if you can, play the entire catalog.  I don't care how messy it sounds 

+1
  • GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,106
    On a positive note, I plan on visiting Niagara Falls on the day between the Hamilton and Toronto shows. I have never been there, so it should be pretty cool.
    Sounds cool! 
    Are you doing it by car o some tour bus? 
    Mexico City 17/7/2003
    Mexico City 18/7/2003
    Mexico City 19/7/2003
    Santiago Chile 22/11/2005
    Santiago Chile 23/11/2005
    Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011
    Santiago Chile 16/11/2011
    Lima Perú 18/11/2011
    Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013
    Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013
    Santiago Chile 06/5/2013
    Santiago Chile 4/11/2015
    Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015
    Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015
    Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015
    Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015
    Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015
    Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015
    Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015
    Mexico City 28/11/2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016
    Miami, FL 9/4/2016
    Tampa, FL 11/4/2016
    Santiago Chile 13/3/2018
    Santiago Chile 16/3/2018
    Rome Italy 26/6/2018
    Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018
    Krakow Poland 3/7/2018
    Berlin Germany 5/7/2018
    Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018
    Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021
    Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 
    Sounds cool! 
    Are you doing it by car o some tour bus? 
    I am just going to drive down from Hamilton. It looks like it takes about an hour to get there.
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    My requests for Hamilton. In any order they want to play it.  🤘😁😎

Wash
    In the mooonlight 
    alone
    hold on
    off the earth 
    solat
    red mosquito
    in hiding
    deep
    smile 
    rvm
    immortality
    hail hail
    present tense
    save you 
    crop duster 
    even flow 
    force of nature
    other side 
    amongst the waves
    Why go
    Evolution
    Indifference 

• GP179117GP179117 Posts: 361
    when will they announce poster artists for Sept leg?
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I still like you guys. 
    If we just had Cracker Barrel it would be perfect.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:

The Hip, Neil Young, Rush, OLP, Tea Party, Matt Good, Headstones…plenty to be proud of.
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 402
    I’ve been trying to catch up on here what exactly besides my passport and vaccine card to I need to do when traveling into Canada by car
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Flavafraz said:
    I’ve been trying to catch up on here what exactly besides my passport and vaccine card to I need to do when traveling into Canada by car
    Thats it plus the arrive can app. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    One month till Hamilton!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    KICK7071 said:
    D-Rod said:
    KICK7071 said:
    ROAD TRIP!!!!   All 4 shows here!
    Me too 

See ya on the road!  Or some craft brewery along the way haha
    Absolutely 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    Flavafraz said:
    Looking for some info on downtown Hamilton around the arena area. How is it, restaurants,parking,safety 
    Downtown is pretty safe and not as dangerous as it used to be.  Plenty of inexpensive parking within a short walk to the arena.  Let me know what restaurants your looking at. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:

The Hip, Neil Young, Rush, OLP, Tea Party, Matt Good, Headstones…plenty to be proud of.
    YER GODDAMN RIGHT
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I still like you guys. 
    You've got Swiss Chalet though...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
    Hamilton 2011.  Lucky to be on the rail for this one, some picks and a set list.    GA for the upcoming 2022 show in the hammer!
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    JimmyV said:
    insert Canada SORREY gif...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    WWS said:
    Hamilton 2011.  Lucky to be on the rail for this one, some picks and a set list.    GA for the upcoming 2022 show in the hammer!
    wow...severed, cropdusters, habit, push....good stuff. And Ole to top it off :blush:
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Come Ottawa it will be almost four years to the day since I last saw my favorite band onstage. Getting more excited all the time. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    you bastards..... =)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I still like you guys. 
    Just looked up Swiss Chalet.   :) Might have to make a stop to try it out.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I still like you guys. 
    Just looked up Swiss Chalet.   :) Might have to make a stop to try it out.
    Decent side ribs and rotisserie chicken. Nothing crazy though. Fries are good too.