Options

Canada

Comments

• Options
    geddy and alex will be there for sure.

I hope so! The Taylor Hawkins tribute is on Sept 3 in London, so they will have time to get back to Canada.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Alex who?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    Week till Ottawa!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    This week it begins! It's your time, Canada!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,911
    JimmyV said:
    This week it begins! It's your time, Canada!

• Options
    Quebec --> OTTAWA --> Hamilton --> Toronto 

• Options
    Has anyone entered one port of entry into ArriveCan but then had their GPS route them through another? Does it cause problems?

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    JimmyV said:
    Has anyone entered one port of entry into ArriveCan but then had their GPS route them through another? Does it cause problems?
    Can always delete and resubmit.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    That's what I might have to do. Seems super easy to do, though, so no worries. 

Until then...ArriveCAN...CHECK!

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    That's what I might have to do. Seems super easy to do, though, so no worries. 

Until then...ArriveCAN...CHECK!

So delete and resubmit would require pulling to side of road and filling out a new entrance page with a new border entry? Doesn’t seem easy but also not a huge deal.

Very unusual to ask which port of entry in advance. If there is a major delay near one, we would never know that in advance.

Buddy just visited hockey hof in tronno and the border agents didn’t even bother to ask about arrive can. Just another weird requirement to go with the post visit Covid testing from our unique friends to the north.
  • Options
    Port of entry and time of entry don’t matter much. Pretty common to have Waze or whichever GPS send you to another entry point. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    We are going to head towards the port of entry I entered and hope for the best. If drive times are significantly different because of an accident or something I can call an audible. There is always a last exit before the border if we need to pull off to make a change or resubmit. Other than that the app was pretty easy. 

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    I finished ArriveCAN today.. I’ll be crossing at Thousand Island Bridges. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    I finished ArriveCAN today as well. They only ask for one place that you are staying. I am staying at two different places while there. I just put down the address of the hotel I will be staying at the longest. Does anyone know if that is the right thing to do.
  • Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    GlowGirl said:
    I finished ArriveCAN today as well. They only ask for one place that you are staying. I am staying at two different places while there. I just put down the address of the hotel I will be staying at the longest. Does anyone know if that is the right thing to do.
    You're good!  
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    We are going to head towards the port of entry I entered and hope for the best. If drive times are significantly different because of an accident or something I can call an audible. There is always a last exit before the border if we need to pull off to make a change or resubmit. Other than that the app was pretty easy. 

I recall for the hips last concert in an NHL arena in Ottawa back in 16, I had the unfortunate experience of trying to cross in Alex Bay, near thousand islands. Gorgeous area in a very remote region, but there were more cars, trucks and RVs crossing there than cars in midtown Manhattan. Foghats slow ride would have been the song for that day. And the Canada web site had the nerve to display “no delays.”

Not impressed with the tech n regs, Ged.

• Options
    Is crossing at Thousand Island usually a shit show?
  • Options
    We are staying in Burlington, VT for a couple nights and heading north from there. There are a few options for border crossing, but some routes go through Montreal. Hoping to avoid that on Saturday. 

• Options
    Is crossing at Thousand Island usually a shit show?

I’ve been looking at traffic on g maps a lot and holidays/ weekends usually traffic. Right now looks ok. For the weekend , Massena or ogdensburg might be better option.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    We are staying in Burlington, VT for a couple nights and heading north from there. There are a few options for border crossing, but some routes go through Montreal. Hoping to avoid that on Saturday. 
    From Burlington you’ll be heading to highway 89 north, which becomes highway 35 in Qc. You’ll then be able to stay south of Montreal by taking the 30, then head west towards Ottawa. No need to go through Montreal, even though it wouldn’t be crowded on a Saturday. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    JimmyV said:
    From Burlington you’ll be heading to highway 89 north, which becomes highway 35 in Qc. You’ll then be able to stay south of Montreal by taking the 30, then head west towards Ottawa. No need to go through Montreal, even though it wouldn’t be crowded on a Saturday. 
    Yup! This is really not a bad drive. Sometimes it can get pretty backed up at Highgate (border crossing), but I have found it’s more of a PIA coming back into US through there rather than into QC. Have not been to Ottawa, but made many trips from Burlington to Montreal in my college days. Great city! Love Burlington too of course. Have a great trip!! 
  • Options
    Jadler said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yup! This is really not a bad drive. Sometimes it can get pretty backed up at Highgate (border crossing), but I have found it’s more of a PIA coming back into US through there rather than into QC. Have not been to Ottawa, but made many trips from Burlington to Montreal in my college days. Great city! Love Burlington too of course. Have a great trip!! 
    Thanks!

• Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    Was anyone randomly selected for a COVID test when trying to cross over?
  • Options
    NateDNateD Posts: 14
    MB58788 said:
    Negative. 
  • Options
    zbrandszbrands Posts: 3
    Hi all!

My wife and I are going to the Quebec City, Ottawa and Hamilton shows. (It's her first Pearl Jam show!) We're looking to see if anyone knows if there are any PJ meetups happening anywhere before the shows? Or if anyone has any recommendations for bars/restaurants/things to do in our spare time too. We fly into Quebec today and fly out of Toronto on September 7th. 

Thank you in advance and can't wait to finally see you all out there! 🤘

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    edited August 2022
    I will be crossing over at Detroit Tuesday on my way to Hamilton. It looks like the app shows 2 entries there. 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    I will be crossing over at Detroit Tuesday on my way to Hamilton. It looks like the app shows 2 entries there. 
    Avoid rush hour the ambassador might be your best option.
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    MB58788 said:
    I was. 
  • Options
    MB58788 said:
    I was. 
    And how did that go? 
  • Options
    It begins.