Options

Canada

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    D-Rod said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Honestly you’re overthinking it:

If you’re an American with proof of vaccination crossing for a day or three or five odds are you won’t be bothered for a test. Drive up and enjoy the show/s and don’t be anxious. 
    Your odds are 1 in 20 you will be tested or 19 in 20 that you won’t be required to test.   Take the 95% and run with it.  

We are discussing what could be a five to ten thousand dollar penalty, cut off from family and work obligations, and more...  for doing nothing wrong, with zero information offered by the govt as far as options to leave Canada  peacefully if necessary . If you have four travelers in a group, that’s a 20% chance of getting selected.

For what purpose exactly, tracking variants? Cmon man.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I haven't done this in a while, but do we even talk to a border agent from the country we are leaving when crossing the U.S./Canada border by car? On the way in, yes, but on the way out?
    You’re speaking to Canada customs when you enter Canada and you’re speaking to US customs when you enter the States. No one prior.
    Bingo. That's what I thought. So no Canadian authority is going to be checking whether or not you even took your random test on the way out, positive or negative result.   

And if the US agent asks you if you complied with all requirements while in Canada? 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:
    I haven't done this in a while, but do we even talk to a border agent from the country we are leaving when crossing the U.S./Canada border by car? On the way in, yes, but on the way out?
    You’re speaking to Canada customs when you enter Canada and you’re speaking to US customs when you enter the States. No one prior.
    Bingo. That's what I thought. So no Canadian authority is going to be checking whether or not you even took your random test on the way out, positive or negative result.   

And if the US agent asks you if you complied with all requirements while in Canada? 
    God bless CBP but they couldn’t care less. They would never ask as it’s beyond their jurisdiction.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    100 Pacer said:

If you’re an American with proof of vaccination crossing for a day or three or five odds are you won’t be bothered for a test. Drive up and enjoy the show/s and don’t be anxious. 
    Your odds are 1 in 20 you will be tested or 19 in 20 that you won’t be required to test.   Take the 95% and run with it.  

We are discussing what could be a five to ten thousand dollar penalty, cut off from family and work obligations, and more...  for doing nothing wrong, with zero information offered by the govt as far as options to leave Canada  peacefully if necessary . If you have four travelers in a group, that’s a 20% chance of getting selected.

Ultimately common sense prevails: there is nothing random about the process. If you’ve travelled extensively overseas and are returning your odds increase but selection is by no means certain. If you’re an American entering for 24, 48, 72, or 96 hours for concerts (where Covid will likely spread anyway) and then returning back to the States your odds of being asked to test are low. Do what makes you feel comfortable in the end.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:

"As far I know, yes." But I really doubt the U.S. agent stuck working on Labor Day is going to care much about this particular COVID protocol. Otherwise, they would be stopping people all the time and we would have heard about it by now. 

BIDEN HAS THE NORTHERN BORDER SEALED AND THE SOUTHERN BORDER WIDE OPEN!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm ready to get back to celebrating you, Canada! 

• Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    How long does it usually take to cross border at probably buffalo or Niagara Falls is where I’ll be going 
  • Options
    Flavafraz said:
    How long does it usually take to cross border at probably buffalo or Niagara Falls is where I’ll be going 
    Depends on the time and day. Rainbow bridge (Niagara Falls) I’d venture a guess and say is the worst of the three. Queenston/Lewiston or Buffalo (Peace Bridge) are better options. More lanes available at Peace bridge.

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    100 Pacer said:
    Flavafraz said:
    Depends on the time and day. Rainbow bridge (Niagara Falls) I’d venture a guess and say is the worst of the three. Queenston/Lewiston or Buffalo (Peace Bridge) are better options. More lanes available at Peace bridge.
    In my experience Rainbow or Peace are usually better than Queenston.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    100 Pacer said:
    D-Rod said:
    100 Pacer said:

Ultimately common sense prevails: there is nothing random about the process. If you’ve travelled extensively overseas and are returning your odds increase but selection is by no means certain. If you’re an American entering for 24, 48, 72, or 96 hours for concerts (where Covid will likely spread anyway) and then returning back to the States your odds of being asked to test are low. Do what makes you feel comfortable in the end.
    Disagree.  I was in the states for less than 24 hours in June and was selected for random on the way back.  It is random.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    3 weeks.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    3daysnotmuchlonger3daysnotmuchlonger Posts: 19
    edited August 2022
    Hi Fellow Jammers,

I don’t know if this is the right spot to be posting this but it’s related to the upcoming NA tour, specifically the venue in Quebec, at the Videotron.

i have dear friends who are going to be headed there after a very busy, bittersweet few weeks. These two beautiful people got married but had just received news that the bride’s brother had passed to the other side with battles of depression. 
    She and her husband are doing everything they can to be in attendance in Quebec at the Videotron and wanted to get word possibly to the band to play ‘Off He Goes ‘ for Jon. **

As early 20 somethings they shared an incredible love for this band and ties that bound them through music. 
    They had been to their first show together in 2000 in Montreal at the Bell Centre.

If this can possibly get shared, passed on to the right channels. 
    I know with this band the more you want the less you get but she would like to send her brother off in the only cathartic way she knows how. That is through music, by way of the soulful No Code ballad of loss and celebration ‘Off He Goes’
    I hope she is able to see that happen. We’re so lucky to have such an amazing band who might potentially take a moment to do this kind of thing. 🤘 
    rock on Jammers. May you all have a blast on the NA tour 
    Post edited by 3daysnotmuchlonger on
    You don't have to stray .. two oceans away,
    Waves roll in my thoughts .. hold tight the ring...
    The sea will rise...Please stand by the shore...

Toronto'00, Montreal'00 Toronto'03 Montreal '03 Halifax '05
    Toronto'06 Montreal'06
  • Options
    It's getting closer...

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    It's getting closer...
    #JimmyVSaturdaynightinCanada

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    2 weeks till Quebec City!! :)
  • Options
    Closing is on Canada!

• Options

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    demetrios said:

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    edited August 2022
    Excited for Hamilton and Toronto! Maybe not as excited as Ellie though! 🤣
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Hi all, I posted in G2F but thought I would give it a shot here , last minute I got the go ahead and I am coming out to Hamilton from Calgary , anyone have a single GA ticket ? Wooooooooooo 
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    Entered our traveler info into ArriveCan this afternoon. Simple and easy. Can't enter our trip details until three days before, so hopefully that will be just as easy. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Entered our traveler info into ArriveCan this afternoon. Simple and easy. Can't enter our trip details until three days before, so hopefully that will be just as easy. 
    👍

• Options
    hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 174
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, super easy.  Travelled w/ the family to Canada for 3 weeks just a few weeks ago.  No issues coming or going.  Had never been to Canada before and loved it.  Now going back in a couple of weeks for Hamilton pit.  Can't wait.
  • Options

• Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 720
    aidt17 said:
    Posted earlier but a refresher 
    randomly selected to test when we returned from Europe @ Pearson.  Went home, took a test the next day.  The follow up was just an automated call which came 3 days after I landed just asking if I had complied with the random testing, and if I was positive to isolate. Nothing else, didn’t ask if I was positive or negative just wanted me to confirm I took a test 
    Aaahhhhhh. Good to know... 🤔

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Hamilton in 2 weeks!
  • Options
    C-A-N-A-D-A

• Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    We can haz merch info now? 

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    geddy and alex will be there for sure.

• Options
    Let’s go!!!