Comments

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 746
    Thanks
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    PJNB said:
    Robbert said:
    Question. Me and my girlfriend are going to the PJ concert in Toronto at the Scotiabank Arena.
    We will be in Canada for a week, arriving the day before the show.
    Both are vacced. We know we can be asked to test at the airport ( right? ).
    About forms en apps:
    - We know we have to fill in the ETA form.
    Beside that, do we only need to use and fill in the ArriveCAN App?
    Thats it and I would also print off proof of vax as well to make it easier to show just in case. 
    This! I always print of a paper copy of everything I need when traveling. Just in case phone fails 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Aside from proof of vaccination no need to get anxious about anything else. If you forget or fumble the ArriveCAN app the border agents (land crossing) or the flight staff can help. My BIL and family returned by land and forgot to complete the ArriveCAN app form so CBSA just directed them to park on the side and get it done.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Any chance for an 'Picture' in Toronto?
    Eddie/PJ on the 8th of sep in The Scotiabank Arena.
    Elton on the 8th of sep in Rogers Centre.

How cool would that be :), both together on the screens
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    Looking for some info on downtown Hamilton around the arena area. How is it, restaurants,parking,safety 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,217
    100 Pacer said:
    Aside from proof of vaccination no need to get anxious about anything else. If you forget or fumble the ArriveCAN app the border agents (land crossing) or the flight staff can help. My BIL and family returned by land and forgot to complete the ArriveCAN app form so CBSA just directed them to park on the side and get it done.
    You can’t complete the ArriveCAN app info until 72 hours prior to your trip, right? I just want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    You can’t complete the ArriveCAN app info until 72 hours prior to your trip, right? I just want to make sure I’m doing this correctly. 
    You can put the traveler information now (passport and vaccine information), and then you put your trip details in within 72 hours is how I understand it. I successfully put in my traveler information a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Correct but even if you were to complete the form 15 minutes prior to driving up the border you’ll be fine. Nothing to stress over.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,201
    There is one thing that people traveling to Canada should be aware of - random arrival testing.  As the rules stand today, anyone could be selected for a test.  If selected, which is about 1/20, you have to complete it by the end of the next day, and if it comes back positive you have to quarantine.  You don’t have to quarantine pending taking the test or getting the test results.  It’s low risk to be selected and to be positive but it’s not zero risk.  Is there a point to this random testing? Not clear.  

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340
    There is one thing that people traveling to Canada should be aware of - random arrival testing.  As the rules stand today, anyone could be selected for a test.  If selected, which is about 1/20, you have to complete it by the end of the next day, and if it comes back positive you have to quarantine.  You don’t have to quarantine pending taking the test or getting the test results.  It’s low risk to be selected and to be positive but it’s not zero risk.  Is there a point to this random testing? Not clear.  

So if you're selected for testing and it turns out you're positive (and asymptomatic...if you've got symptoms stay home...not trying to turn this into another covid thread) you would be stuck in Canada until your quarantine is over?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

So if you're selected for testing and it turns out you're positive (and asymptomatic...if you've got symptoms stay home...not trying to turn this into another covid thread) you would be stuck in Canada until your quarantine is over?
    Yes for 10 days I believe which is 5 days longer than what is required for us to isolate now. 

If it was me test the day you are travelling so no surprises and use the online testing site option for less hassle. Bring tests with you that are accepted for testing in Canada with you as well so you do not have to go out and buy them.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    Do non-residents entering the USA have to be vaccinated? - I'm pretty sure they do. "Free-dumb" convoy supporters tended to ignore this fact when criticizing protective measures up here.

Safe travels everyone
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Correct but even if you were to complete the form 15 minutes prior to driving up the border you’ll be fine. Nothing to stress over.
    Great, thanks!
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    You can put the traveler information now (passport and vaccine information), and then you put your trip details in within 72 hours is how I understand it. I successfully put in my traveler information a couple of days ago.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Yes for 10 days I believe which is 5 days longer than what is required for us to isolate now. 

If it was me test the day you are travelling so no surprises and use the online testing site option for less hassle. Bring tests with you that are accepted for testing in Canada with you as well so you do not have to go out and buy them.
    Pretty sure the government supplies and pays for the arrival test and they won’t accept one someone brings with them.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options

Okey i understand the whole testing. But what i dont understand is why Canada doesnt allowed me as a dutchman to provide a Negative test here in The Netherlands like 48 hours before. The whole world has done that in Covid time
  • Options
    PJNB said:

So if you test positive, you have to stay in Canada for the full length of the quarantine? You can’t drive back across the border and quarantine in the US?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

So if you test positive, you have to stay in Canada for the full length of the quarantine? You can’t drive back across the border and quarantine in the US?
    This is my question. Doesn't seem to make much sense. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    From O Canada to OHHHH Canada. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Pretty sure the government supplies and pays for the arrival test and they won’t accept one someone brings with them.  
    How do they get them to you if you select the online method? 
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

I am not sure the penalty if you ignore getting the test or head south back across the border and ignore the quarantine. I would look into this if you are concerned though. I had to do the same research for Cali last year. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

Nevermind I found the answer. It looks like you can cross back over the border if you’re driving in a private vehicle (see the answer to the last question in the link)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,498
    edited August 2022
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

Nevermind I found the answer. It looks like you can cross back over the border if you’re driving in a private vehicle (see the answer to the last question in the link)
    I am driving my personal vehicle up there, so if I did happen to get selected and then test positive, at least there is the possibility of coming back home to isolate instead of being stuck up there doing it, if approved by the proper officials.
  • Options
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

I am driving my personal vehicle up there, so if I did happen to get selected and then test positive, at least there is the possibility of coming back home to isolate instead of being stuck up there doing it, if approved by the proper officials.
    Yeah you have the possibility to drive back home, but what do they expect from people who come by plane? Its a joke how Canada is handling Covid. There is a big possibility that you will test negative at home and get Covid on a crowded plane in 16-24 hours ( dont know were people from all over the world will come from ). Surprise surpise in Canada
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 612
    Posted earlier but a refresher 
    randomly selected to test when we returned from Europe @ Pearson.  Went home, took a test the next day.  The follow up was just an automated call which came 3 days after I landed just asking if I had complied with the random testing, and if I was positive to isolate. Nothing else, didn’t ask if I was positive or negative just wanted me to confirm I took a test 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    D-Rod said:
    KICK7071 said:
    ROAD TRIP!!!!   All 4 shows here!
    Me too 

See ya on the road!  Or some craft brewery along the way haha
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    steven87 said:
    PJNB said:

Yeah you have the possibility to drive back home, but what do they expect from people who come by plane? Its a joke how Canada is handling Covid. There is a big possibility that you will test negative at home and get Covid on a crowded plane in 16-24 hours ( dont know were people from all over the world will come from ). Surprise surpise in Canada
    I’m not defending the rule.  Just sharing the fact that it exists. 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

How do they get them to you if you select the online method? 
    They give you a kit at the border and you use that kit for your online.  

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,518
    demetrios said:

What's a riff?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited August 2022
    PJNB said:

.but if we are in Canada for only 1-3 days, we should take the opposite approach? Delay the test as long as possible as we’d be out of the country well before test results are returned? I’ve been thinking of staying an extra couple days, but being forced to isolate 10 days and not being allowed to return home  would be a hardship for me. (Edit, I’m entering by car)
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on