Options

Canada

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    zbrands said:
    Hi all!

My wife and I are going to the Quebec City, Ottawa and Hamilton shows. (It's her first Pearl Jam show!) We're looking to see if anyone knows if there are any PJ meetups happening anywhere before the shows? Or if anyone has any recommendations for bars/restaurants/things to do in our spare time too. We fly into Quebec today and fly out of Toronto on September 7th. 

Thank you in advance and can't wait to finally see you all out there! 🤘

Check out the Wishlist pre parties thread 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    MB58788 said:
    Was anyone randomly selected for a COVID test when trying to cross over?
    I was. 
    And how did that go? 
    Did they tell you at the border crossing or was it some sort of notification in the App you have to fill out?

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    JimmyV said:
    It begins. 

Oh yes!
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,266
    Question for my Canadian friends- I’m driving up from NJ early Saturday morning. I’m planning on leaving sometime between 3 and 4 am, which should get me up to thousand islands bridge at some point between 10 and 11. Any idea how long I should expect to wait at the checkpoint around that time? I’m guessing it’ll be somewhat busy since it’s a holiday weekend. 
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    I just Crossed at 1000 Islands. Took about 20-30 minutes. Wasn’t too bad.
  • Options
    Ottawa down. Next up, Hamilton! 
  • Options
    PJALKPJALK Posts: 83

demetrios said:
    🤘😎🍻
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 148
    demetrios said:
    cya there. hopeful I can get merch. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I’ll be driving up through NY on Tuesday September 6 heading toward Toronto. Any thoughts on whether we should aim for Lewiston-Queenston crossing or the Rainbow Bridge? Don’t have NEXUS so I think they removed the other option. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    Final report on the Canadian border experience: it was so very easy. Entered all our info into ArriveCan a few days before. The agent thanked me for doing so when he took our passports, so even if they don't mention it the info is likely on their screen. He confirmed that as long as you are within a few kilometers of the crossing you list on the app, it doesn't matter if you go across somewhere else. We went through Rouses Point/La Colle. Maybe four cars in front of us at roughly 11am on Saturday. I don't think we were there more than 15 minutes. Super easy.

(Meanwhile, the U.S. side was probably thirty cars deep, so FYI for going home.)

Only hitch came right after when the GPS on my phone died. Make sure you have a data plan that will work in Canada. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    blairs1 said:
    demetrios said:
    cya there. hopeful I can get merch. 

I'm sure you will.
  • Options
    Canada, you were great to visit. Hamilton rocks tonight. Keep Saskatchewan in your thoughts. 

• Options
    Just crossed the border. If I was going to be told to test would I have been told there or do they email me?
  • Options
    Just crossed the border. If I was going to be told to test would I have been told there or do they email me?
    From what I understand, if you were selected to test they would have gave you a test kit at the border. So you shouldn’t have to worry about it.
  • Options
    From what I understand, if you were selected to test they would have gave you a test kit at the border. So you shouldn’t have to worry about it.
    Thanks 
  • Options
    Thanks 
    No problem!
  • Options
    Hamilton bump!
  • Options
    Up next, Toronto!
  • Options
    Canada Tour 2022 has not disappointed! 

• Options
    Canada in 2024?

Canada in 2024!

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    you think so?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,218
    or we get a new album and they do a two legged north american tour and hit the Canadian staples like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver?
  • Options
    you think so?
    I hope so

• Options
    I hope so too!
  • Options
    West Coast Canada totally needs Pearl Jam loving this year or the next.

Though if they are able to play a show or two in Atlantic Canada too, giddy up!
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    demetrios said:

PLEASE MARITIMES!!!! PLEASE!!!!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    And please keep the 2-nights-per-city trend. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    demetrios said:

PLEASE MARITIMES!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Hopefully they will back again. They need to play New Brunswick & P.E.I. someday.
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 707
    demetrios said:

Could not agree more. I really wanted to fly over to Ontario last fall but as a teacher sept isn’t an ideal time for a vacation. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    demetrios said:

Which of the upcoming shows are you seeing?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore