GOP

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    I’m not really up to speed on all the political who supports who, etc., mostly because it makes me sick to my stomach, but living in PA I just don’t see Shapiro or Fetterman (barring further medical issues for JF - hope I used that correctly) losing.  Shapiro is outstanding and seems like everyone loves Fetterman so hopefully we won’t have to worry about PA come November.  
    I like Fetterman. Man of the people.
    I think he’s got the best chance, even though that race should be the closer one.

I like Shapiro even more but the wild card here is he is Jewish.  In a close race you can bet the farm it’s going to get pushed hard as it ties in nicely with conspiracies on the right anyway 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Haha, now we know why Musk declared himself a Republican and bashed Democrats.  Looks like he is another Trumper.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-paid-250000-to-a-flight-attendant-who-accused-elon-musk-of-sexual-misconduct-2022-5
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    yeah now he's denying it...very tRumpy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I’m not really up to speed on all the political who supports who, etc., mostly because it makes me sick to my stomach, but living in PA I just don’t see Shapiro or Fetterman (barring further medical issues for JF - hope I used that correctly) losing.  Shapiro is outstanding and seems like everyone loves Fetterman so hopefully we won’t have to worry about PA come November.  
    I think he’s got the best chance, even though that race should be the closer one.

I like Shapiro even more but the wild card here is he is Jewish.  In a close race you can bet the farm it’s going to get pushed hard as it ties in nicely with conspiracies on the right anyway 
    Yeah but he'll do unbelievably well in Southeast PA that I don't think that will matter much. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah but he'll do unbelievably well in Southeast PA that I don't think that will matter much. 
    I hope it doesn’t matter and obviously shouldn’t. 
    I have zero faith that’s not the direction the mud comes from though 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    He knew the story was coming and that was his way to get ahead of it.  He's a piece of shit and a liar.  We were talking about it on the Stocks page. 
    mrussel1 said:
    He knew the story was coming and that was his way to get ahead of it.  He's a piece of shit and a liar.  We were talking about it on the Stocks page. 
    Yeah he clearly knew it was coming by the way he was tweeting earlier this week. He's annoying as fuck. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    mrussel1 said:
    Haha, now we know why Musk declared himself a Republican and bashed Democrats.  Looks like he is another Trumper.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-paid-250000-to-a-flight-attendant-who-accused-elon-musk-of-sexual-misconduct-2022-5
    He's becoming more and more like Trump every day. He's starting to look like him and seems to have similar mannerisms and stances and he's constantly a victim.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah he clearly knew it was coming by the way he was tweeting earlier this week. He's annoying as fuck. lol
    he took a page out of the ryan adams handbook for dealing with damning allegations about to break in the news cycle.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited May 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

He's becoming more and more like Trump every day. He's starting to look like him and seems to have similar mannerisms and stances and he's constantly a victim.  
    I passed on a Tesla because of him and will look elsewhere.  I’d return my powerwall if I could 

he’s an idiot because Trumpers aren’t the ones buying his products and they think space flight is stupid, and involves too much of that evil science

who is he trying to appeal to exactly? 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Victimhood is a staple of conservatism these days. 
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I passed on a Tesla because of him and will look elsewhere.  I’d return my powerwall if I could 

he’s an idiot because Trumpers aren’t the ones buying his products and they think space flight is stupid, and involves too much of that evil science

i will never buy a tesla. and it is all because of musk. fuck him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

As brilliant as the guy is he’s awful at business.

let’s cozy up to the people who hate green energy makes zero sense.  

It’s like if Disneyland hosted a retreat for NAMBLA.  What kid is then buying a ticket now?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It’s like if Disneyland hosted a retreat for NAMBLA.  What kid is then buying a ticket now?
    It's really amazing. He's smart in ways I cannot even relate to. But he's dumb in ways that are just basic common sense. It took me about three seconds to think "you're alienating potential customers to suck up to non-potential customers."  It's really stupid. But I guess if people like Rand Paul and Ben Carson can get medical degrees (an impressive feat in it's own right), than anyone can be really smart and really stupid at the same time.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    A buddy of mine is a dentist. he's a bloody moron. but he still got through dentistry. 

education has never been a good indicator of overall intelligence. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

A buddy of mine is a dentist. he's a bloody moron. but he still got through dentistry. 

education has never been a good indicator of overall intelligence. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    a rabid one, at that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    There’s a very fine line separating genius and insanity. Never mind the super intelligence and no concept of common sense. That said, fuck Elon. Allegations of sexual impropriety have been around for at least a decade.Rails against the evil government but is more than happy to accept their tax breaks .
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Next you'll be saying they should have their own schools or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2022
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's really amazing. He's smart in ways I cannot even relate to. But he's dumb in ways that are just basic common sense. It took me about three seconds to think "you're alienating potential customers to suck up to non-potential customers."  It's really stupid. But I guess if people like Rand Paul and Ben Carson can get medical degrees (an impressive feat in it's own right), than anyone can be really smart and really stupid at the same time.
    These are the people he is appealing to….

Plans to build a massive electric vehicle factory in rural Georgia have divided Republicans ahead of their primary next week with Donald Trump-backed David Perdue criticizing rival Gov. Brian Kemp for offering taxpayer incentives to attract a “George Soros-owned woke corporation whose stated purpose is to combat climate change.”

“It’s a woke California company whose mission is to turn the world green,” Perdue said this month while stumping with local activists trying to stop the plant. 

Rivian, the well-capitalized electric pickup truck company  wants to spend  5 billion on a new assembly plant on farmland outside Atlanta. The mammoth factory will create 7,500 jobs and produce up to 400,000 cars a year in what officials say is the largest economic development project in Georgia’s history.

they basically want to turn down jobs rather than to build electric vehicles 

those people aren’t buying Tesla’s either no matter how Trumpy Elon gets.  It’s still a liberal, climate change car 
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:

These are the people he is appealing to….

Plans to build a massive electric vehicle factory in rural Georgia have divided Republicans ahead of their primary next week with Donald Trump-backed David Perdue criticizing rival Gov. Brian Kemp for offering taxpayer incentives to attract a “George Soros-owned woke corporation whose stated purpose is to combat climate change.”

“It’s a woke California company whose mission is to turn the world green,” Perdue said this month while stumping with local activists trying to stop the plant. 

Rivian, the well-capitalized electric pickup truck company  wants to spend  5 billion on a new assembly plant on farmland outside Atlanta. The mammoth factory will create 7,500 jobs and produce up to 400,000 cars a year in what officials say is the largest economic development project in Georgia’s history.

they basically want to turn down jobs rather than to build electric vehicles 

those people aren’t buying Tesla’s either no matter how Trumpy Elon gets.  It’s still a liberal, climate change car 
    they cannot articulate a cogent argument against it. they just throw around buzzwords like "woke" in an attempt to signal that it must be bad or something. that george soros sentence itself threw in 3 or 4 of the buzzwords. disgusting that people only understand things when presented at a 2nd grade level.

Driving home yesterday I saw a truck w/ the blackened window US flag decal in the center window, a red sticker to the left of it that depicted Jesus praying, and a sticker above the flag declaring “only gay cops give me tickets” and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more American in my life than those three stickers grouped together. 

What a shithole fucking country and citizenry we are.
    Driving home yesterday I saw a truck w/ the blackened window US flag decal in the center window, a red sticker to the left of it that depicted Jesus praying, and a sticker above the flag declaring “only gay cops give me tickets” and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more American in my life than those three stickers grouped together. 

At least Calvin peeing on a Ford has gone out of style. That would be one sticker too much.

bet that guy had those rubber testicle things hanging from the trailer hitch 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476

At least Calvin peeing on a Ford has gone out of style. That would be one sticker too much.

bet that guy had those rubber testicle things hanging from the trailer hitch 
    Chrome. They had to be chrome.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited May 2022
    Surprisingly, there were no hanging balls, but there was a red sticker on the opposite side of the flag from Jesus which was the outline of a minion giving the middle finger. Forgot to include that one. 

America. 

Fuck yeah? 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Surprisingly, there were no hanging balls, but there was a red sticker on the opposite side of the flag from Jesus which was the outline of a minion giving the middle finger. Forgot to include that one. 

America. 

Fuck yeah? 

Guy gives the middle finger to everyone who happens to be following him.  How very Christ-like. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited May 2022
    brianlux said:

America. 

Fuck yeah? 

Guy gives the middle finger to everyone who happens to be following him.  How very Christ-like. 
    Christ like is the Jesus with the machine gun sticker 

ive also seen one that said something like: if Jesus had a gun he would still be alive

The guy was going to kill someone, really? And not be resurrected? Then why was he here then ?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited May 2022
    brianlux said:

America. 

Fuck yeah? 

Christ like is the Jesus with the machine gun sticker 

ive also seen one that said something like: if Jesus had a gun he would still be alive

The guy was going to kill someone, really? And not be resurrected? Then why was he here then ?

I've know Christians that are truly fine people, I've known some who are just mildly irritating, and then there are the phony bullshit artists who  use the name of Jesus to promote their hate.  When I think about people like the latter, I have to remind myself of Gorman Bechard's excellent book, The Second Greatest Story Ever Told which is a novel about God being displeased with where humanity has gone so he sends is daughter, Ilona Ann Coggswater, to earth this time around.  She's a big fan of The Mets, Charlie Chaplin, Elvis Costello, and Paul Westerberg.  Her message is simple:  "Be Kind".  And when self-righteous so-called "Christians" don't get the point, she has to do a little... ummm. housecleaning.  Awesome!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville