Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    edited May 2022
    Disney's Castaway Cay 5 K run last week! And my medal!!!!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    Wow, some very cool stuff going down here! Well done guys 👌

I'm just ticking over nicely, 10 miles Friday and 5 today. Enjoying the warmer weather
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    You guys are some serious runners! The 5K last week was my first! EPIC!!! I feel so accomplished! When i heard about Disney's 5 K run, everything fell into place and it seemed like that was what I was training for!

Now that the jet lag is subsiding, my puppy will have to get me back out there before water-skiing season starts n I take up wake surfing this summer!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    tish said:
    You guys are some serious runners! The 5K last week was my first! EPIC!!! I feel so accomplished! When i heard about Disney's 5 K run, everything fell into place and it seemed like that was what I was training for!

Now that the jet lag is subsiding, my puppy will have to get me back out there before water-skiing season starts n I take up wake surfing this summer!
    Nice job, Tish. Keep it up. That is great that you got your first 5K under your belt. It is a great feeling of accomplishment.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    A nice 8 mile run put in this morning.  I wanted to get drunk last night but kept it in check so that I would enjoy the run.  (Can get drunk tonight!  :) )
    Have a 10k next Sunday that goes out onto the George Washington Bridge.
    You should join me @GlowGirl - it will be cool to be out on the bridge.  10k is your normal distance, right?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    A nice 8 mile run put in this morning.  I wanted to get drunk last night but kept it in check so that I would enjoy the run.  (Can get drunk tonight!  :) )
    Have a 10k next Sunday that goes out onto the George Washington Bridge.
    You should join me @GlowGirl - it will be cool to be out on the bridge.  10k is your normal distance, right?

Great job on your run this morning. I have been running about 5.5 miles on average lately. I have run 10k here and there on my own but have never run a 10k race, only a 5k. Send me the details and I will think about it. It might be fun to try. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    There is no try, there is only do!  :lol:   You would crush it.
    Will send the link over....do it.  Would be fun!
    Ok. I will check it out. Thanks. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Do it! 😁 

I've been quietly ticking over, trying to get some pace back with some 'shorter' races remaining this year. Enjoying my running
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Do it! 😁 

I've been quietly ticking over, trying to get some pace back with some 'shorter' races remaining this year. Enjoying my running
    I was considering it. But I am going to a Robert Plant concert the night before. It will be a late night with drinks involved. So, I am going to pass on the race this time. But will look for others to participate in.

GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Do it! 😁 

I was considering it. But I am going to a Robert Plant concert the night before. It will be a late night with drinks involved. So, I am going to pass on the race this time. But will look for others to participate in.

I'm still looking for an August race to enter.  Have two in June and one in July. 
    Wanted to have a destination one we could make a family trip with me sneaking away one morning for a fun 5k or 10k.
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Do it! 😁 

I'm still looking for an August race to enter.  Have two in June and one in July. 
    Wanted to have a destination one we could make a family trip with me sneaking away one morning for a fun 5k or 10k.
    If you want that destination to be NYC, here are some upcoming runs:

Interesting,  thanks.  Was thinking somewhere a bit further but the governors island one seems cool, could be an idea.
    edited May 2022
    Interesting,  thanks.  Was thinking somewhere a bit further but the governors island one seems cool, could be an idea.
    If you want to make it a family weekend, you could stay in one of those luxury tents on Governors Island. They have a whole glamping area. It actually looks like fun.

Camp from outside

No way Mrs FMe goes for that but I think it looks tits.  Sounds like a really fun weekend.
    So I haven't done much speed work for the past 2 years but with these 10 mile and half marathon races in sept/Oct I've been trying to work on it. Tested my pace with a 10k yesterday and ran under 47mins for that, not quite where I need to be later in the year but a solid base.

My local pub/town is hosting a charity 4 miler in a few weeks with BBQ in the pub garden after, really looking forward to that!

2 ultras planned for next year so I'm just going to enjoy the switch in effort for the rest of this year 👍🏃
    Global Running Day is June 1st.
    (At least that is what my inbox tells me from all of the running/shoe/gear spam mails)

That sounds like a comfortable time for you.  My high goal for this weekend is a sub 50 min 10k.  My PR is 53 23....so I really want to just beat that by a second, but I'd love to get down into the 40s, somewhere.  49 59 would be excellent.  :lol:

I suspect there will be a major incline to go up/down to get from the park by the river up to the bridge wayyyyy above the river,  so a PR may not be feasible.  I know if it is flat I can do it.  Will do my best to get it, regardless. 

For the local run, Beano, do you have a shot to win?  I figure your 4  mile time could be very fast, and a local run could be much smaller in group size.
    edited June 2022

Post edited by beano.79 on
    (At least that is what my inbox tells me from all of the running/shoe/gear spam mails)

That sounds like a comfortable time for you.  My high goal for this weekend is a sub 50 min 10k.  My PR is 53 23....so I really want to just beat that by a second, but I'd love to get down into the 40s, somewhere.  49 59 would be excellent.  :lol:

I suspect there will be a major incline to go up/down to get from the park by the river up to the bridge wayyyyy above the river,  so a PR may not be feasible.  I know if it is flat I can do it.  Will do my best to get it, regardless. 

For the local run, Beano, do you have a shot to win?  I figure your 4  mile time could be very fast, and a local run could be much smaller in group size.
    It really depends who shows up. We have some decent running clubs in the area with some fast road runners so we will see. It something I'd love to have one day... It's of little importance in the grand scheme of life but it would feel nice 😁

My running app did not acknowledge my run for Global Running Day. The past two years I got a virtual “award” for running on Global Running Day. But not this year. Bummer. 

Good luck reaching your goal this weekend. 
    48m50s
    29th place.  
    PR and first run beyond a 5k to be in 7s, although was barely there.  ;)  
    I'll take it!
    Was a beautiful morning to run out on the GW Bridge!

48m50s
    29th place.  
    I'll take it!

I was just coming in here to ask you how it went. Sounds like it went amazing. Congrats on your time. That is awesome!!  I am sure the bridge was gorgeous today. 
    Thanks, it was a good morning!

48m50s
    29th place.  
    I'll take it!

Awesome! Great time, congrats and nicely done👌
    So we are visiting my wife's family in Czech Republic. Always beautiful, hilly runs. But I always struggle. Now I finally have a new running watch (coros) I have found out that the village is at 1300ft above sea level, now that's hardly altitude training but coming from a town at sea level it must be this that makes the difference!?
    I would imagine that is enough to make a difference!
    I'd love to go there.
    beano.79 said:
    So we are visiting my wife's family in Czech Republic. Always beautiful, hilly runs. But I always struggle. Now I finally have a new running watch (coros) I have found out that the village is at 1300ft above sea level, now that's hardly altitude training but coming from a town at sea level it must be this that makes the difference!?
    Where in the Czech Republic are you? I am going to the PJ show in Prague, but am making a 10 day vacation out of it. Besides spending some time in Prague, we will be visiting a few different places in the country.

GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Where in the Czech Republic are you? I am going to the PJ show in Prague, but am making a 10 day vacation out of it. Besides spending some time in Prague, we will be visiting a few different places in the country.

Good idea to make it a vacation first, and Pearl Jam show second.  This way there is no big letdown if they cancel the show....the way this shit is going I am not confident in any of the dates.
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Good idea to make it a vacation first, and Pearl Jam show second.  This way there is no big letdown if they cancel the show....the way this shit is going I am not confident in any of the dates.
    Yes. That is the plan. The concert is only one night of my travels around the Czech Republic. I will be bummed if the show is cancelled, but am looking forward the seeing the country. I have lots of cool things planned besides the PJ show. It will be great either way. 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Yes. That is the plan. The concert is only one night of my travels around the Czech Republic. I will be bummed if the show is cancelled, but am looking forward the seeing the country. I have lots of cool things planned besides the PJ show. It will be great either way. 
    Look forward to hearing about it and living vicariously through you!