Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    beano.79 said:
    the race director of the robinhood100 race I'm running this year Ronnie Staton. Currently taking on the Montane winter spine race, 268 miles with 43,000 ft elevation gain 😬👏
    Wow! That is impressive. 
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 689
    He's currently 30th of 130. Doing great but some 30 plus miles behind the leader! The incredible Damian hall
  • Options
    Strong tempo run today.

I'm going to the national running show tomorrow, massive event with lots of great runners giving talks including Mo Farah. Lots of big brand stalls, and event organisers etc. should be fun.

How is everyone getting on?
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Strong tempo run today.

I'm going to the national running show tomorrow, massive event with lots of great runners giving talks including Mo Farah. Lots of big brand stalls, and event organisers etc. should be fun.

Have fun at the running show. I am doing well. I had been having some shoulder pain for the past few months ranging from excruciating to twinging. The motion that made it hurt the most was like when you are doing a seated row. It didn’t hurt that bad when I was running. But the jostling did irritate it so I had been modifying my speed a bit. I figured it was arthritis or something. But I finally went to an ortho yesterday and got an X-ray. No arthritis. He actually said I had excellent range of motion and flexibility. He suspects a sprain and prescribed me an anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks and PT for 6 weeks. I start PT next week. The medication is already working. I ran today with no pain. He said it should completely heal. So I will slowly be building up my speed again. I m just glad it wasn’t anything permanent. Hope everyone else is doing well. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Enjoy the show, share any cool stuff you learn!

I went bar hopping with an old friend in Philly last night.  Did NOT go for my long run this morning....pushed out a day.  We also had a snowstorm yesterday again so running outside hasn't been an option.   Using the dreadmill....tomorrow I'm outside if possible.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Strong tempo run today.

Have fun at the running show. I am doing well. I had been having some shoulder pain for the past few months ranging from excruciating to twinging. The motion that made it hurt the most was like when you are doing a seated row. It didn’t hurt that bad when I was running. But the jostling did irritate it so I had been modifying my speed a bit. I figured it was arthritis or something. But I finally went to an ortho yesterday and got an X-ray. No arthritis. He actually said I had excellent range of motion and flexibility. He suspects a sprain and prescribed me an anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks and PT for 6 weeks. I start PT next week. The medication is already working. I ran today with no pain. He said it should completely heal. So I will slowly be building up my speed again. I m just glad it wasn’t anything permanent. Hope everyone else is doing well. 
    Good news that feeling better already and can get full recovery through PT vs. Surgery 
  • Options

I went bar hopping with an old friend in Philly last night.  Did NOT go for my long run this morning....pushed out a day.  We also had a snowstorm yesterday again so running outside hasn't been an option.   Using the dreadmill....tomorrow I'm outside if possible.
    Over here we call it a bar 'crawl' which is more suitable I think 😁
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Over here we call it a bar 'crawl' which is more suitable I think 😁
    By the end, for sure!
  • Options
    So at the national running show I scanned a QR code at the Coros stall to win a heart rate monitor and I won! 😂

Now it's only a £70 prize but I NEVER win anything. Looking forward to trying it on my long run this weekend to see how much more accurate it is than my watch.
  • Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    So at the national running show I scanned a QR code at the Coros stall to win a heart rate monitor and I won! 😂

Now it's only a £70 prize but I NEVER win anything. Looking forward to trying it on my long run this weekend to see how much more accurate it is than my watch.
    Awesome! Congrats.

• Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    I've now had trigger point injections and an epidural nerve block, no improvement. My Dr seems to be at a loss. It's been over 7 months and no progress. This is getting so frustrating 
  • Options
    I'm sorry to read this update....that sucks. 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    I'm sorry to read this update....that sucks. 
    Yeah it does. At least I'm otherwise healthy and this doesn't impact me in other ways, just can't run or cycle. It always could be worse. 

The dr sent me to a new PT, don't think it will get me anywhere, but will go with it for a bit. He is asking the pain Dr if there is a way to isolate the inferior cluneal nerve (he and my original PT seem to think this is the nerve that is causing the issue). Hopefully he or the new PT find something that helps.
  • Options
    Hope so, knowing is a huge part of feeling better
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,351
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I've now had trigger point injections and an epidural nerve block, no improvement. My Dr seems to be at a loss. It's been over 7 months and no progress. This is getting so frustrating 
    So sorry to hear this. I hope someone can figure it out for you. Keep us posted.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,568
    I was recently diagnosed with piriformis syndrome and started pt today.  Haven't run since September in Austin which was quite painful. 
    Can't sit in a car without pain. Can't  sit in some chairs or a movie theatre without pain. 
    But can sit on a plane.

Hopefully after enough trial and error you'll  get it figured out.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,143
    Signed up for a trail run in my hometown in march. 14 kilometres. 

Gonna try to run/Walk it this weekend for fun. Get a taste of it.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Marathon training going well so far, started to put 2 miles of race effort towards the end of my long runs
  • Options

That's great! What's the terrain like? Is it flat or hilly?
  • Options
    Sorry to read this, I truly hope it can get sorted sooner than later! 
  • Options
    I was recently diagnosed with piriformis syndrome and started pt today.  Haven't run since September in Austin which was quite painful. 
    Can't sit in a car without pain. Can't  sit in some chairs or a movie theatre without pain. 
    But can sit on a plane.

Hopefully after enough trial and error you'll  get it figured out.
    I had piriformis issues a few years ago but I was lucky that a couple of months rest cleared it up, so uncomfortable, I hope it clears.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Marathon training going well so far, started to put 2 miles of race effort towards the end of my long runs
    Awesome!
    When us marathon?
    Ran 8 yesterday.   My back is still messed up.  Ran my first 2 mile race last Sunday and tweaked it somewhere in the first mile.  Finished a minute off my pace and 37th out of 230.
    Winner Ran in 9+.  Damn fast, a young man.

Have a 5 k in a few few weeks and training for a st Patty's 5k where I want to PR
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Awesome!
    When us marathon?
    Ran 8 yesterday.   My back is still messed up.  Ran my first 2 mile race last Sunday and tweaked it somewhere in the first mile.  Finished a minute off my pace and 37th out of 230.

Have a 5 k in a few few weeks and training for a st Patty's 5k where I want to PR
    Running the Boston marathon! Boston being a town in the east of England 😁😂 it's at the end of April 
  • Options
    :lol:
    Awesome 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    Awesome!
    When us marathon?

Running the Boston marathon! Boston being a town in the east of England 😁😂 it's at the end of April 
    Btw 9+ for 2 miles is just silly and we don't need to acknowledge that shit 😂

I hope your back gets better, how does it feel when running easy?
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,143
    edited February 4
    beano.79 said:

It’s like a 14km hiking path. It was very steep uphill. I walked more than ran on my test go. 

My batteri to my phone surprisingly was down to below 10% 8km into it. So, I gave up and went back home (which still was like 5-6 km). Did’t wanna get stuck in the forrest with no phone, and felt boring running without being able to track the run. hehe. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

It’s like a 14km hiking path. It was very steep uphill. I walked more than ran on my test go. 

My batteri to my phone surprisingly was down to below 10% 8km into it. So, I gave up and went back home (which still was like 5-6 km). Did’t wanna get stuck in the forrest with no phone, and felt boring running without being able to track the run. hehe. 

That looks pretty amazing! Beautiful
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    Awesome!
    When us marathon?

Btw 9+ for 2 miles is just silly and we don't need to acknowledge that shit 😂

I hope your back gets better, how does it feel when running easy

It doesn't hurt too much for the first 45 mins or so, then it starts to bark some.  
    Just need to keep heating/icing/stretching, it'll come around.
    Yeah, 4 minute milers can suck it!