Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 689
    Also I needed to come to this thread to post and read as everyone has gone fucking mental in the porch over this listenning party/album release 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    beano.79 said:
    Also I needed to come to this thread to post and read as everyone has gone fucking mental in the porch over this listenning party/album release 😂
    Haha.  For sure.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Challenge!

Try to run to November Hotel (live at the moore) without running waaaaay too fast!

Mike on this kind of form is not a good tool for pacing 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Ha.  I've been on a Dream Theater kick lately.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    I've been on random shuffle mode for running recently, 

If you like dream theater have you checked out porcupine tree? They don't really sound similar but I'd say they share a chunk of fanbase
    Post edited by beano.79 on
  • Options
    Never, but I will, thanks
  • Options
    Their sound varies greatly from older to newer stuff. I recommend starting with 'in absentia' and 'fear of a blank planet' and then exploring from there
  • Options
    Love the second title, :lol:
    This morning I had some Bring Me The Horizon, suggested by a young co-worker when we were speaking about music.
    Can't say I loved it, but it was something new, to me.
  • Options
    Yea they're not my cup of tea either, a bit too modern for these old ears 😂
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    I listened to AUDIOSLAVE - LIVE AT HULTSFRED 2003 last time I ran
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I haven't heard that particular recording... Any good?
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    Hey everyone, been a minute since I've been on the boards, so catching up. Hope everyone dealing with injuries and setbacks are doing better - hang in there. I'm back to running three days a week after being slack through January and doing only one or two/week.  I'm getting ready for a 10K in March and my 5K anniversary race in April (the first race after I started running in January 2023). Got a new pair of sneakers to start the year - Saucony Riders and so far so good with them.  Hope everyone is doing well.

• Options
    A 9 yr old was beyond himself with his first garmin.
    He ran a weak ass 3 miles this morning. I needed to motivate him.  :lol:  

• Options

Awesome gift! And way to keep him honest...now there's no hiding place! 😈😜
  • Options
    My decent form continues 🙏

Strong 13 miler yesterday. And 6 miles of half mile repeats this morning... Managed sub 6 min pace for some of the hard efforts.

I've been smart with my body and resting when I need to instead of pushing too far and it's paying off so far
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Strong 13 miler yesterday. And 6 miles of half mile repeats this morning... Managed sub 6 min pace for some of the hard efforts.

I've been smart with my body and resting when I need to instead of pushing too far and it's paying off so far
    Great work!
  • Options

Nice!
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited February 11
    I'm getting another epidural nerve injection on Tuesday, this one is for the nerve my PT has suspected all along (inferior cluneal nerve). I'm hopeful this is finally the correct one. At the same time if this one doesn't help, I'm at a loss for what the underlying issue. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I'm getting another epidural nerve injection on Tuesday, this one is for the nerve my PT has suspected all along (inferior cluneal nerve). I'm hopeful this is finally the correct one. At the same time if this one doesn't help, I'm at a loss for what the underlying issue. Fingers crossed!
    🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    Wow, that speed work is super impressive, especially the day after a 13 Miler.
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Awesome gift! And way to keep him honest...now there's no hiding place! 😈😜
    He wasn't pushing.  He is already semi obsessed with the data going in.  :lol:      think this will help him push some.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,985
    beano.79 said:

Excellent!  It is important not to push. I have been learning that the hard way. 
  • Options
    edited February 11

That’s great. I was thinking of looking into getting a Garmin. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Good luck. I really hope they can find out what is going on and successfully treat it. 
  • Options
    WILL YOU BE RUNNING TO THE NEW PEARL JAM SINGLE TOMORROW?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I'm run commuting home from work tomorrow so I'll give it a listen then! BUT, and this is something I've always tried to do but always failed.... I really want to listen once and then hold of until I have the album.... Tough to do but I'm going to try 😂
  • Options
    Initially feels like the shot from yesterday is helping. Will take a week or so for the steroids to have more effect, but I'm cautiously optimistic 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    edited February 14
    WILL YOU BE RUNNING TO THE NEW PEARL JAM SINGLE TOMORROW?
    Hope to ski to it soon! Did you, E?
  • Options
    Initially feels like the shot from yesterday is helping. Will take a week or so for the steroids to have more effect, but I'm cautiously optimistic 
    Potentially good news! Fingers crossed you continue to feel better for it 🤞
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    How are you feeling so far?