Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    BSully said:
    I've been jogging for years.
    I love music, but if I'm jogging outside I prefer a podcast or an audio book.

What does everything else listen to?
    First time I tried running, I had one a live concert with Guns N Roses. I couldn't make it through the first song (It's so Easy), before I was to tired and walked back.

Since then, various podcasts. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,985
    I ran today again. So far no pain. Maybe, I have let it heal enough so it won't flare up. I still only ran a 5K, but increased my speed a bit. If no pain on Thursday, I will add 1/2 mile. Hopefully, in the next week or so i will be back up to my 4 mile runs. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    S-C, good work.  That sounds like a good training pace
    Sign up for that massive 1/2.  Will be fu. For you.  If you can go 9, you can go 12.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    Jogged 3 x 4 minutes today, so far I seem to be progressing well. My hamstring is a bit sore, but nothing terrible. Hopefully I'll be up to 30 minute jogs in the next week or so. Man am I out of shape though. 
  • Options
    Jogged 3 x 4 minutes today, so far I seem to be progressing well. My hamstring is a bit sore, but nothing terrible. Hopefully I'll be up to 30 minute jogs in the next week or so. Man am I out of shape though. 
    Congrats! Small steps at first - but you will get back there. Just keep track of any pain you might be having. I hope none of your pain will return.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Step by step!
    Pouring rain, absolutely drenched, in 40 degrees.  Yum, I walked back in a 545am and felt great!
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,054
    I live in the Midwest and can't run outside for about 5 months out of the year which is unfortunate. But thankfully my treadmill sees lots of action.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    BSully said:
    I live in the Midwest and can't run outside for about 5 months out of the year which is unfortunate. But thankfully my treadmill sees lots of action.
    I live in the northeast and run outside anyway.  Only real icy or deep snow days stop me.  Depending on where you live those can be very high in number but luckily it is only a handful of times per year I have to use that piece of torture device known as treadmill.

Had to use this AM because my wife is traveling and I can't leave my kid alone.  Holy shit I hate that thing.

Gotta run outside.  Cold, rain. Don't give a fuck.
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 689
    windy and wet wet wet, but felt good.

Playlist peak was Frayed ends of sanity.... Perfectly appt for running is this shit 😂
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    @beano.79 - We are both going to be in the front standing section in London. We have to meet up and say hello for sure.
    So sorry GG I didn't see this! I'm with a big group of friends so can't commit to where and when I'll be as it depends on the group, but would be cool if we could atleast share a beer (in the sun hopefully)
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Playlist peak was Frayed ends of sanity.... Perfectly appt for running is this shit 😂
    Awesome!
    Off to Vegas this week for work....packed my running shit, will be out there on the pavement at least three mornings.

• Options
    beano.79 said:

Looks like you had an amazing run. I can only imagine running 20’miles. 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    @beano.79 - We are both going to be in the front standing section in London. We have to meet up and say hello for sure.
    So sorry GG I didn't see this! I'm with a big group of friends so can't commit to where and when I'll be as it depends on the group, but would be cool if we could atleast share a beer (in the sun hopefully)
    That would be great, even to say a quick hello. We have lots of time to figure it out. 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

Awesome!
    Off to Vegas this week for work....packed my running shit, will be out there on the pavement at least three mornings.

Have a great time in Vegas. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

Awesome!

Have a great time in Vegas. 
    Fucking hate Vegas.
    However, thank you!  I'm with some good people so that will help, and we are staying at a nice place at least.  :)

• Options
    edited March 16
    Well, survived the week in Vegas and ran St Patrick's Boardwalk 5K in Atlantic City this morning.
    Slept about zero in Vegas but I did run Mon, Tues, Wed.  When I clicked my watch this morning it told me not to run.  Lol.  Did my warm up....kept it slow and to a half mile and it read "Strained"
    A bad way to start the day.
    Oh well,just figured I would give it my all and keep the heart rate under 200.

Got 2nd in 40-49 age group and 6th out of 246 overall.  2nd fastest 5k time for me.
    I did think I was going to fucking fall over or shit my pants....not sure in what order.  Just kept running.  Had to back off a few times due to my heart rate but I kept pushing it back up and rocked it.

Feels good to know I can be in rough shape and still ball out.  The human brain cam make the body do so much

Excited to rest, now, but happy to hang the medal on the rack.
  • Options
    Well, survived the week in Vegas and ran St Patrick's Boardwalk 5K in Atlantic City this morning.
    Slept about zero in Vegas but I did run Mon, Tues, Wed.  When I clicked my watch this morning it told me not to run.  Lol.  Did my warm up....kept it slow and to a half mile and it read "Strained"

Got 2nd in 40-49 age group and 6th out of 246 overall.  2nd fastest 5k time for me.
    I did think I was going to fucking fall over or shit my pants....not sure in what order.  Just kept running.  Had to back off a few times due to my heart rate but I kept pushing it back up and rocked it.

Feels good to know I can be in rough shape and still ball out.  The human brain cam make the body do so much

Love your motivation. Sounds like you pushed yourself to a good race. Nice!  I have been traveling this week and have not run at all. I feel a bit guilty about that. But I will be home tomorrow and get back on track. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    14km trail run tomorrow. But have had for the last couple of days a pain in my right rib. A strained muscle or something. So might just walk it for the nature. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No long run this week, now I'm up at 20 miles I will just maintain that every other weekend. So yesterday was 10 x 800m reps at 6:10 pace with 2 mins rest in between. And today will be a nice easy pace 6 miles.

First race of the year next month in the shape of a marathon 
  • Options
    14km trail run tomorrow. But have had for the last couple of days a pain in my right rib. A strained muscle or something. So might just walk it for the nature. 
    Let us know how it goes 👌
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Love your motivation. Sounds like you pushed yourself to a good race. Nice!  I have been traveling this week and have not run at all. I feel a bit guilty about that. But I will be home tomorrow and get back on track. 
    Get in the run?

beano.79 said:
    No long run this week, now I'm up at 20 miles I will just maintain that every other weekend. So yesterday was 10 x 800m reps at 6:10 pace with 2 mins rest in between. And today will be a nice easy pace 6 miles.

First race of the year next month in the shape of a marathon 
    Good grief, man!  You are blazing.  
  • Options
    edited March 18
    beano.79 said:
    I made the run. In the end it wasnt my ribs that held me back but my back started hurting a few kilometres in. So it went very slow. The backpain went away 2/3rds in and then the end was pretty fun. 

But, I came in at 131 out of 149 running :P So not really close to any trophy. haha. 

Haha. But will do the trail by myself and see how much faster I am next spring. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    I made the run. In the end it wasnt my ribs that held me back but my back started hurting a few kilometres in. So it went very slow. The backpain went away 2/3rds in and then the end was pretty fun. 

But, I came in at 131 out of 149 running :P So not really close to any trophy. haha. 

Great job mate, I'd love to run the trails in Sweden, I follow a bike packer on YouTube called Ryan Van Duzer, he bike backed the length of Sweden and it looked incredible 
  • Options
    Good job,way to push through!
    That does look like fun!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    beano.79 said:

Thats amazing! Congrats on your run!!!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    Anyone going to listen to Running while running? Couldn't resist, but it might actually be a good running song.  Thoughts?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    I did! 
    It's energizing!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I did! 
    It's energizing!
    Wow,that is a spectacular photo
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I did! 
    It's energizing!
    Nice!!

Ran with my gf yesterday so I HAD TO TALK DURING THE RUN instead of listening to PJ. Will try out Running tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Do you people have a gymbag for your runningstuff with a shoe compartment for teh shoes?

Didn't know this existed. But would be perfect to have :)