Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    That is a good one!
    I made a Priest-heavy Playlist for today.  8.5, nice and steady, and lots of Priest.  I'd not listened to a few of the songs in a while and it made it mire enjoyable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 697
    That is a good one!
    I made a Priest-heavy Playlist for today.  8.5, nice and steady, and lots of Priest.  I'd not listened to a few of the songs in a while and it made it mire enjoyable.
    Nice! As much as I love running, without my love of music, running would be much less enjoyable.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,034
    I got my trigger point injection today. Dr said I can try running this weekend. I'm hopeful this does the trick. Leg is a bit sore today, so hard to tell right now if it is helping or not 
    How are you feeling today?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    beano.79 said:
    That is a good one!
    Nice! As much as I love running, without my love of music, running would be much less enjoyable.💯 
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 407
    I enjoy music when I'm running at the Y or on a treadmill, but I just can't do it when I'm running on the road or a trail. I think I'm too paranoid, lol. Also, I hate carrying my phone.
  • Options
    PJ1973 said:
    I enjoy music when I'm running at the Y or on a treadmill, but I just can't do it when I'm running on the road or a trail. I think I'm too paranoid, lol. Also, I hate carrying my phone.
    I have earphones that I started using in the last year that are outside of the ear as opposed to in ear.  I can hear cars or other runners/bikers, while still getting loud music.  If I want to totally crank it I can't hear but when I am road running I keep it so I can still hear.
    Oladance
    https://www.oladanceshop.com/pages/oladance-ows2

Only complaint is that when I get very sweaty the touch controls are not great.  (Can't dry my fingers on my clothes if they are all sweaty)
    At times i do need to pull off my armband, take out my phone and make whatever change I want, then put back on.
    I don't even notice the phone is on my arm with the armband.  
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 407
    I will check that out, thanks for the rec.

Hope everyone has a good holiday week!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas running buds.

Any running related gifts?

The wife and kid got me a massage gun, some Injinji socks and some shorts. And I managed a short Christmas run to make room for 🍗 and 🍺
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Merry Christmas!

Some running socks, calf compression sleeves, and a headband so far.
    We are headed to VT to visit my family tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I have something worth sharing here awaiting me there.  Will share, if so.  No run today, running tomorrow  efore the drive and then will run 3-4 times up in VT, find some good hills.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
  • Options
    Happy holidays my fellow runners. I hope this coming year is awesome for everyone and free of injury. Happy New Year!!
  • Options
    Got a theragun and some blood flow restriction cuffs (legs).
    However, this bad boy is my favorite gift of last....well, maybe forever, that was not from my kid or an experience/trip type of gift.

Hyperice 
    No need for ice or heat stuff any longer for the knees.
    This does it all, or both as part of a contrast treatment.
    Can walk around with it on.
    App controlled.  Even better than imagined.
    For someone who needs to regularly ice their knees this is FSM sent.

⁶.
  • Options
    That's cool!
  • Options
    The last 3 or 4 weeks I've been running but taking it easy, today the year ahead began... Marathon training has started, that's followed by more ultra racing/training with the main goal being the robinhood 100 miler in September 😬
  • Options
    Go, go, go!
    Signed up for a NYE 5k tomorrow at the request of my sister's 17 year old son, who we are visiting with in VT.
    Temp for go time is 27 degrees.  It lightly snowed today so I just want to see good footing available.   If it is too slick I'm not sure I trust myself to run slowly/safely.  Don't want to crash! 
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    The last 3 or 4 weeks I've been running but taking it easy, today the year ahead began... Marathon training has started, that's followed by more ultra racing/training with the main goal being the robinhood 100 miler in September 😬
    Good luck with the training. I’m glad you got a little break beforehand. 
  • Options
    Go, go, go!
    Signed up for a NYE 5k tomorrow at the request of my sister's 17 year old son, who we are visiting with in VT.
    Temp for go time is 27 degrees.  It lightly snowed today so I just want to see good footing available.   If it is too slick I'm not sure I trust myself to run slowly/safely.  Don't want to crash! 
    Have fun with the 5K. I hope it is not too slippery. 
  • Options
    Ugh, I thought things were trending up, but after PT on Wednesday my leg was as bad as ever. 

Today it feels some better, but I'm not sure that the shot did the trick. 
  • Options
    Ugh, I thought things were trending up, but after PT on Wednesday my leg was as bad as ever. 

Today it feels some better, but I'm not sure that the shot did the trick. 
    Yikes. Sorry to hear that. I hope it continues to improve. I know these things can take a long time. 
  • Options
    Just finished my last run of 2023. Happy New Year everyone 🥳🥳🍾🍾
  • Options
    Happy new year all 🍺
  • Options
    Happy New year!
    Made it injury free through the snow and ice 5k.  Was 2 mins off where I wanted but there was a pretty large hill + 25degrees + ice and snow.  Happy with the result. 

Newfie, hope things get better soon!
  • Options
    PJ1973 said:
    I will check that out, thanks for the rec.

Hope everyone has a good holiday week!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oladance/oladance-ows-sports-earphones-unleash-epic-buzz-free-sound
    Just ordered these and they addressed the one issue I had (touch controls) by replacing with button controls.  Also, gets me back to a connection between the two ears so I won't drop or lose.  Excited as can be for them but can return up to 30 days if not what I'm thinking.
    You may want to give these a look.
    The OWS sound is incredible- on a song this morning the stereo back and forth was almost distracting, it was so awesome.
  • Options
    Working to get some consistency back since Christmas... Got 5 runs in this week so starting to feel good again. I definitely needed to back off for a bit with another run heavy year ahead, but it knocks me out of sinc when I'm not consistent 
  • Options
    I'm thrown by the local track going under reconstruction.   I am wary of doing sprints/intervals on roads and turning an ankle, or worse.  Missing the speed day(s)
    Will need to work in other area tracks if they don't finish soon, even though my mileage is good my VO2 max is down.  
  • Options
    I'm thrown by the local track going under reconstruction.   I am wary of doing sprints/intervals on roads and turning an ankle, or worse.  Missing the speed day(s)
    Will need to work in other area tracks if they don't finish soon, even though my mileage is good my VO2 max is down.  
    Luckily I have a treadmill at home which I use mostly for speed work, it keeps the pace honest and steady, I can't be on it for too long though, it's not fun 😂
  • Options
    I have one as well....but I loathe it.  Seriously,  hate running on it!
  • Options
    I have one as well....but I loathe it.  Seriously,  hate running on it!
    Yep it's not pleasant! 😂 Very handy when I'm home alone with my daughter though, it's saved my consistency many times
  • Options
    the race director of the robinhood100 race I'm running this year Ronnie Staton. Currently taking on the Montane winter spine race, 268 miles with 43,000 ft elevation gain 😬👏
  • Options
    Whoa!   👏