Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    That looks fun and painful at the same time!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Gave it a try. I think I walked more than I ran though. But was out for 5,3 km anyways. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    5th fastest and you are just starting out, again.  That is great, keep at it and before you know it you will be running throughout. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    my weekend playground in 11 days time. Training has gone well, primed for a tough 100k over the 2 days. 

Hope everyone is well 👍
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    beano.79 said:
    my weekend playground in 11 days time. Training has gone well, primed for a tough 100k over the 2 days. 

Hope everyone is well 👍
    Holy crap!! That is insane. You are going to have so much fun. Beautiful landscape.

I'm very happy for you, getting to do this run after all of the training and anticipation.   Gonna be so awesome!
    edited March 2022
    Holy shit, was 15 mph wind and 22 degrees...felt like 12, this morning.  Really wanted to stay in bed but I have a 4 day trip starting Thursday where I cannot run.  Will be in the bayou, there is for real noplace  to run.  :lol:  can't be taking any days off prior to....
    Holy shit, was 15 mph wind and 22 degrees...felt like 12, this morning.  Really wanted to stay in bed but I have a 4 day trip starting Thursday where I cannot run.  Will be in the bayou, there is for real noplace  to run.  :lol:  can't be taking any days off prior to....
    Good for you for braving the elements. This weather puts me right back on the treadmill. Have fun in the bayou. Eat some crayfish. 
    Thanks and I will.  We will stop the boats for bags of shrimp and oysters,  as well.  Amazing food, music, friends, fishing, shooting, etc.
    Love these trips.

No running, though.  ;)
    edited March 2022

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Does it feel like your runs are getting a little easier, SC?
    On a taper, feeling tired and sore. I hate tapering I always feel terrible. 😂
    GlowGirl said:
    I din't run for the whole of last week because my right foot hurt, and still hurts. When I walk on it. But my colleague told me to "just run, and if it gets worse then stop". So that is what I did and finally ran.

So, would not say it is getting easier. But I will get on it more frequently and hopefully when April ends I AM A CHAMP.
    beano.79 said:
    On a taper, feeling tired and sore. I hate tapering I always feel terrible. 😂
    Feel better, soon. Your race time is almost here!!

GlowGirl said:
    I din't run for the whole of last week because my right foot hurt, and still hurts. When I walk on it. But my colleague told me to "just run, and if it gets worse then stop". So that is what I did and finally ran.

So, would not say it is getting easier. But I will get on it more frequently and hopefully when April ends I AM A CHAMP.
    Once you start a regular routine you will be able to feel your progress. For me, it still never feels fully easy, but I am running faster and have more than doubled my miles from when I started. You will get there.
    we have arrived on the island and we're all set up, found a pub for a beer... Now getting some supper on in the tent. It all kicks off in the morning 👌

beano.79 said:
    we have arrived on the island and we're all set up, found a pub for a beer... Now getting some supper on in the tent. It all kicks off in the morning 👌
    Oh wow! Good luck! Is there a way we can track you online?

edited April 2022
    The ultra tour of Arran event might not show here until it starts http://Ratracetracking.co.uk Andrew Bennett race number 026.

8.30am start UK time Saturday
    7am start UK time sunday
    Post edited by beano.79 on
    beano.79 said:
    The ultra tour of Arran event might not show here until it starts http://Ratracetracking.co.uk Andrew Bennett race number 026.

7am start UK time sunday
    Thanks. I will check in on you. Good luck with it all. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Awesome,  have a great time man.  Will for sure be checking in, hoping you have a blast!!!
    edited April 2022
    beano.79 said:

7am start UK time sunday
    Hey. How was today? I checked in a few times. The satellite view was cool. Hope it is going well. 
    Looks like tomorrow is the even more insane run.  Good luck, hope it has been good thus far!
    On the homestretch, go man, go!

7 measly miles for me this AM.  :)
    Longest run since last year and smashed my previous 10k time along the way.  Pleased with that.  Have a ten mile race in three weeks with 30,000 plus friends.  :)

Can't wait to hear how you made out with the 2 day suffer fest!
    You are doing great Beano. Almost there. Congrats. Definitely celebrate. 
    On the homestretch, go man, go!

7 measly miles for me this AM.  :)
    Longest run since last year and smashed my previous 10k time along the way.  Pleased with that.  Have a ten mile race in three weeks with 30,000 plus friends.  :)

Can't wait to hear how you made out with the 2 day suffer fest!
    Sounds like you had a great run. It always feels good to beat your previous time. Good luck with the ten miler. You’ve come really far since your injury 👏👏
    what a weekend guys! 60 miles covered, day 1 was up and down all day smaller climbs, day 2 was flat with 2 big mountain climbs, the 2nd of which was fucking brutal and super technical 😂 celebrated with a couple of beers and a local malt. Separated from my mate on day 2 due to a problem with his hip, absolutely thrilled to shout him over the finish line.. what a legend. I just love making these memories, can't wait to get home to my incredible wife and daughter.

Wow, that is so amazing.  Proud for anyone who does this sort if thing - and it sounds like your partner had to really grit it out, which is even more amazing. 

What sort of shoes did you wear?
    I'm thinking of the 7 hour mountain climb I did last year (mostly rock scramble past a certain point) and the agony my feet were in.  

Look forward to learning more about this.
    Told my wife I was converting to a half marathon this weekend and she gave me a verbal lashing about my desire for pain and suffering being totally selfish and potentially hurting the family due to knee replacement, etc. 
    Unless I divorce there is no way I can do something like this so will have to live through you!  :rofl: