Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    Wow!  Coming off a sickness and got within 12 seconds.  That is awesome, man.
    Don't think about the spots where the 12 could have been made up, think of all the spots you hammered through to get within 12 seconds.
    Don't worry, my quads are telling there was nowhere I could make up the 12 seconds. I pushed hard. I averaged 6:49 pace, course was a little over at 13.22 miles. I'm happy. And it's a 2 min PB
    My splits.... I've never run this consistent before
    Great job!  1:30 is an amazing time!

Your consistency is mind blowing.  Looks like you were in a very nice flow during the race.
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 701
    PJ-Cubs said:
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    Don't think about the spots where the 12 could have been made up, think of all the spots you hammered through to get within 12 seconds.
    Don't worry, my quads are telling there was nowhere I could make up the 12 seconds. I pushed hard. I averaged 6:49 pace, course was a little over at 13.22 miles. I'm happy. And it's a 2 min PB
    Great job!  1:30 is an amazing time!

Your consistency is mind blowing.  Looks like you were in a very nice flow during the race.
    I have never been that consistent before, it definitely clicked on the day, no less painful though 😂
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    beano.79 said:
    Fantastic job, that consistency is amazing! 
  • Options
    Sports medicine Dr thinks I have a nerve impingement in my pelvis. They are sending me for 2 more MRIs and an EMG (a nerve study test). Hopefully they can figure this out soon. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,735
    Oh wow, good luck with getting it identified

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Oh wow, good luck with getting it identified

Thanks. Just got the EMG scheduled this morning, it's not until Nov 21st... I asked to be put on the cancelation list, hopefully something opens up earlier 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,846
    ^Yes! No bears today! Phew!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,101
    Sports medicine Dr thinks I have a nerve impingement in my pelvis. They are sending me for 2 more MRIs and an EMG (a nerve study test). Hopefully they can figure this out soon. 
    Wow! I also hope they can figure it out and start treating it soon. Sounds painful. Hope you are ok.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow! I also hope they can figure it out and start treating it soon. Sounds painful. Hope you are ok.

Thanks.

Overall it's usually not that painful, most days I hardly notice it. But it's preventing me from running, taking brisk walks, cycling, using a recumbent bike, doing any sort of weight bearing exercise on it, as all of that flares it up. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,735
    edited October 2023
    Ran the 5k with my 9 yr old son,this AM
      He's been training with me, taking a weekly run of 2 miles, on average.  He did run 3.1, once, about a month ago.  Stopped for a number of walks, and was inconsistent. 
    Waiting for the official time, since I hit my watch off and back on, once, trying to answer his 17th question as we ran.  :lol:

What I show is 26:40.
    Kid was calm, throughout, and didn't want to go faster.  I picked up the pace a bit each mile, and just kept encouraging him.  
    Funny that when we hit the sprint button with about 200 meters left,he actually had a lot left for it.  I had to dig deep to be ahead of him at the line once I actually turned back ans focused on myself.  :lol:

We run a 1 mile race (after which I will 5k) in December.  Wonder if he can get in the 7s, there.  

He loved (loved!) that we beat so many others.  Will wait to see what the official finish is for us,relative to others, but I'm very pleased that he had such fun with it and was competitive about it.
    We play all sorts of sports with him but so far running is what I see he seems predisposed to be decent at.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
      He's been training with me, taking a weekly run of 2 miles, on average.  He did run 3.1, once, about a month ago.  Stopped for a number of walks, and was inconsistent. 
    Waiting for the official time, since I hit my watch off and back on, once, trying to answer his 17th question as we ran.  :lol:

Kid was calm, throughout, and didn't want to go faster.  I picked up the pace a bit each mile, and just kept encouraging him.  
    Funny that when we hit the sprint button with about 200 meters left,he actually had a lot left for it.  I had to dig deep to be ahead of him at the line once I actually turned back ans focused on myself.  :lol:

We run a 1 mile race (after which I will 5k) in December.  Wonder if he can get in the 7s, there.  

He loved (loved!) that we beat so many others.  Will wait to see what the official finish is for us,relative to others, but I'm very pleased that he had such fun with it and was competitive about it.
    We play all sorts of sports with him but so far running is what I see he seems predisposed to be decent at.

That’s amazing (and I can’t believe he is already 9). Maybe he will go out for track in high school. I bet it is so fun sharing this experience with him. 
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 407
    Race Day! Ran my first 10K race and really happy with it. Total time was 1:08 but the race was closer to 6.5 km. My 10K time was 1:06 which was 12 minutes faster than my previous times running that distance. 5K time was 32:32 which was about 30 seconds better than my previous best. Given how little I ran in September and have been playing catch up since, I'm feeling good about today. Good encouragement to get me through the next six weeks to my half!
  • Options
    Thanks GG, it is indeed fun!

Great work @PJ1973
  • Options

That is fantastic, and a really good time too! Looks to be alot of promise right there
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

That is fantastic, and a really good time too! Looks to be alot of promise right there
    Thanks.  Would love it if he loves it.  Will let him choose and support as best we can!
  • Options
    So the backyard ultra world championships are going on right now.

It's a 4 mile loop every hour, on the hour. If you aren't at the start line at the start of each hour you are eliminated.

Last I heard they are into DAY 4! 19 runners left, on loop 76 THATS 304 MILES! 🤯
  • Options
    Ha.  Badass

• Options
    97 laps in, 8 people left, from what I can see!  At this point it shows them over 400 miles!
  • Options
    97 laps in, 8 people left, from what I can see!  At this point it shows them over 400 miles!
    That is crazy! I can’t even imagine running that. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    That is crazy! I can’t even imagine running that. 
    I can't imagine going for 1 day, but these people are made of completely different stuff.  Their mental strength has to be so far off the charts.
    Really awesome stuff.
  • Options
    108 laps took it 😂

4.16 miles per lap somewhere around 450 miles total... Just ridiculous 
  • Options
    Wow, that is amazing!
  • Options
    Ran 20 miles this AM.  Feeling wiped out, sitting on my stairs, trying to cool down....and scrolling.  Saw this - so fucking awesome!!!
    https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/canadas-sawyer-nicholson-11-breaks-world-age-group-record-at-niagara-falls-5k/

• Options
    Ran 20 miles this AM.  Feeling wiped out, sitting on my stairs, trying to cool down....and scrolling.  Saw this - so fucking awesome!!!
    https://runningmagazine.ca/sections/runs-races/canadas-sawyer-nicholson-11-breaks-world-age-group-record-at-niagara-falls-5k/

Good job on that run mate, awesome 👏

Wow that is a ridiculous run. Just imagine the times she'll be running in the future 

• Options
    beano.79 said:

Good job on that run mate, awesome 👏

Wow that is a ridiculous run. Just imagine the times she'll be running in the future 

Indeed!
  • Options
    Really good 16 miler yesterday, I feel the fittest I ever have, and executing the race a couple of weeks ago has really made me feel more confident in my pace. My next stop is a 6 hour looped course ultra in early December 👌

How is everyone getting on?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,846
    Too cold! Ski season next!
  • Options
    Excellent!  So, as many loops as you can do?  Or, as many as you can do in 6 hours?

Started my taper after Friday's 20 miles.  Nice and easy 5 miles this AM

• Options
    Excellent!  So, as many loops as you can do?  Or, as many as you can do in 6 hours?

Started my taper after Friday's 20 miles.  Nice and easy 5 miles this AM

As many as I can in 6 hours. I think if I start a loop (3.2 miles I think) before the 6th hour is over I can finish it. I've set an A goal of 40 miles but that will be pushing it
  • Options
    That sounds like a great challenge...I bet you van do it!
    Is it flat or are there hills?
    What is temp like?