Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Outside again this morning.  In the cold rain on Thursday and no again this morning,  but it was "feels like" 1.  Added a mile to my run and felt pretty good.

I was laughing on the way back at the fact that my legs were starting to get really cold.  🙃 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Outside again this morning.  In the cold rain on Thursday and no again this morning,  but it was "feels like" 1.  Added a mile to my run and felt pretty good.

I was laughing on the way back at the fact that my legs were starting to get really cold.  🙃 
    That is great that you are braving the cold, and were able to add a mile to your run. You are definitely going to get back to where you were. 

I had bought all this cool ( and pricey) winter running gear last year when the gym was closed. But now I am wimping out in this weather and using the treadmill. I ran 5.5 miles today. Maybe when it gets above 40 I will run outside again. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    GlowGirl said:

That is great that you are braving the cold, and were able to add a mile to your run. You are definitely going to get back to where you were. 

I had bought all this cool ( and pricey) winter running gear last year when the gym was closed. But now I am wimping out in this weather and using the treadmill. I ran 5.5 miles today. Maybe when it gets above 40 I will run outside again. 
    You are being smart by staying in.
    This is just another instance of me being a nut.  I did see one other runner and two walkers.  (I went around 8 instead of 4...that makes a big difference!)
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    I forget that you guys have real cold weather that might not be running weather! 😂

My back to backs this weekend were an hour yesterday and 2 hours today. I've planned this block in minutes rather than miles as each run includes hill reps so time on my feet is a better gauge of where I should be. Really enjoying this training block so far and the weather has been on the cold side but dry and pleasant.
    Awesome.  Strong work this weekend.  Going on a hike with the family in a few....a balmy 35, feels like 28
    We usually go for an hour....
    beano.79 said:
    I forget that you guys have real cold weather that might not be running weather! 😂

My back to backs this weekend were an hour yesterday and 2 hours today. I've planned this block in minutes rather than miles as each run includes hill reps so time on my feet is a better gauge of where I should be. Really enjoying this training block so far and the weather has been on the cold side but dry and pleasant.
    Nice job. I haven't run back to back days in a long time. I usually give my self a day in between.

I am planning on a 3 mile walk today with a friend. I will have to bundle up, but I have been cooped up inside all day - so it should feel nice.

• GlowGirl said:

Yeah, buying cold weather gear and actually motivating yourself to use it are not the same thing are they? I bought a bunch of gear as well. Since I've been healing I've not been able to use it,  but not sure if I really would motivate myself to run outside below 30 degrees either. 
    Temp as I headed out the door just after 4am.
     Intended to only go 3 miles but since I was still cold and already out there, I added a mile.  :lol:
    I was slower than normal, though!

Great job, B. Damn, that must have been cold. I don't even think running would warm me up in that weather. Did you lungs hurt? Today is my day off from running. But I am trying to motivate to hit the gym in a few minutes for some weights. Back to running tomorrow.
    No, it wasn't cold enough to hurt.  Just was cold.  ;)
    For sure took a long time to loosen up and I took shorter strides as a result.
    Hope you knocked out the workout!
    Temp as I headed out the door just after 4am.
     Intended to only go 3 miles but since I was still cold and already out there, I added a mile.  :lol:
    I was slower than normal, though!

7°F???
    edited January 2022
    Beautiful  weather!!  Yes, F
    No, it wasn't cold enough to hurt.  Just was cold.  ;)
    For sure took a long time to loosen up and I took shorter strides as a result.
    Hope you knocked out the workout!
    Yes. I dragged myself over to the gym a few hours ago. Now, I just have a bit of work left and I can chill for the rest of the night.

Beautiful  weather!!  Yes, F
    🥶
    Low mileage this week. Had the weekend drinking with mates in London, decided to not attempt to squeeze everything in and have bit of a rest after picking back up over the past month.
    2 beers for every mile missed?  ;)
    2 beers for every mile missed?  ;)
    I am still suffering the consiqiences!.... Can't quite deal with it the way I used to 😂
    edited January 2022
    beano.79 said:
    Low mileage this week. Had the weekend drinking with mates in London, decided to not attempt to squeeze everything in and have bit of a rest after picking back up over the past month.
    It's ok to have a fun weekend out. In fact, I highly recommend it!!

Wore a new pair of running shoes for the first time today. I didn't realize how done my old ones were until I ran in the new ones. Such a spring to my step. It was a great run. I added the new shoes to my running app so it can keep track of when I need new ones.
    GlowGirl said:
    Wore a new pair of running shoes for the first time today. I didn't realize how done my old ones were until I ran in the new ones. Such a spring to my step. It was a great run. I added the new shoes to my running app so it can keep track of when I need new ones.
    Important to look after those feet! Can't beat a run in a fresh pair.
    good photo of one of the hills along the course on Arran
    Wow. That looks intense. How is the training going?
    Foreground is a hill.
    Background looks like a mountain!

Rained today, hoping it doesn't snow tonight as it's going back down into the low 20s.  Want to run outside tomorrow.  Been over a week on this damn treadmill 
    GlowGirl said:
    Wow. That looks intense. How is the training going?
    It's going well thank you. Getting into the real meat of it now with just 2 months to go. My friend has bit of a toe injury though so he is a little behind which is a shame. A little change of expectation and he will be fine.
    edited February 2022
    Foreground is a hill.
    Background looks like a mountain!

Rained today, hoping it doesn't snow tonight as it's going back down into the low 20s.  Want to run outside tomorrow.  Been over a week on this damn treadmill 
    Yup! Definitely a mountain. These aren't big mountains but typical of what we have in the UK. Very rocky, lots of loose stone and boulders, always pretty technical and slippery. Where I live is as flat as can be. 4 hour drive to the nearest mountains, I wish I had more time to get to them a train
    Post edited by beano.79 on
    Heck of a challenge!
    How is everyone doing? Same old run on my end. I went out last night and did not feel like running, but managed to get 5 miles in. 
    4 in cold windy morning, but was happy to do it.  Think I'll go up to 5 next week.  

Good job going out and getting it in.
    4 in cold windy morning, but was happy to do it.  Think I'll go up to 5 next week.  

Great job! It sounds like your recovery is going well. I am still running inside at the gym but will get back outside soon. They tore up the path at the East River where I had been running to build some type of flood prevention. Everyone in the area has been up in arms about it since the construction won’t be completed until 2026. I need to find a new outdoor route that take me off the sidewalks. The East River Park was perfect. I am not sure I have another option but to run on the sidewalks. Central Park is too far uptown for me. 
    GlowGirl said:

Great job! It sounds like your recovery is going well. I am still running inside at the gym but will get back outside soon. They tore up the path at the East River where I had been running to build some type of flood prevention. Everyone in the area has been up in arms about it since the construction won’t be completed until 2026. I need to find a new outdoor route that take me off the sidewalks. The East River Park was perfect. I am not sure I have another option but to run on the sidewalks. Central Park is too far uptown for me. 
    That stinks...hope you can find an alternative