Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I've not used Saucony.  Interested to try.  I am neutral on my Hokas.  
    Big difference in distance vs speed....I bet you can chip away st that 10k time pretty quickly.

Race on Wednesday night was OK.  So hot.  Ran a minute off pr pace, which I am pleased enough with.  My 9 yr old ran the kids race and got 3rd....

Did a hard run on Thursday and then Friday did 90 minute water treading.  6 miles this AM and my legs fucking hate me today.  :lol:  my ankles and knees, actually.  Think the water treading was tough on them.  Going for a nice run around the lake we are staying at, tomorrow AM, with the 9 yr old.  Only a few miles, nice and easy

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,984
    Managed to get two runs in at the gym here in Costa Rica. I had planned to go today as well but it’s our last day and we booked a catamaran ride and I just don’t feel like it. I have gotten a lot of exercise walking and treading water in the ocean so I will try not to feel too guilty. Heading home tomorrow so I will be back in my usual routine this week. Hope you all are doing well. 
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 689
    GlowGirl said:
    Managed to get two runs in at the gym here in Costa Rica. I had planned to go today as well but it’s our last day and we booked a catamaran ride and I just don’t feel like it. I have gotten a lot of exercise walking and treading water in the ocean so I will try not to feel too guilty. Heading home tomorrow so I will be back in my usual routine this week. Hope you all are doing well. 
    Getting a couple of runs in while away is a good effort, it's not easy. Were off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow until Friday and I won't run. We've just surprised our daughter for her birthday and just got over an hour of screaming and crying 😂
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Ha.  That is awesome 
  • Options
    Also, running while away is one of my favorite parts of travel.  It often is inconvenient, and is always a hassle (bringing gear and clothing to/fro), but i dig it.

Sometimes it is not possible.  (Fishing camp...no land to run on!)
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    edited July 2023
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Getting a couple of runs in while away is a good effort, it's not easy. Were off to Disneyland Paris tomorrow until Friday and I won't run. We've just surprised our daughter for her birthday and just got over an hour of screaming and crying 😂
    Enjoy DLP! We accidentally took two unboiled eggs in a backpack on the Aerosmith acceleration extravaganza. (There's a PearlJam signed album on the wall in that line, so check that out if the ride is still there!) The eggs survived miraculously.

Anyhow... I'm still running a bit at the creek in the mornings... yay...

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    Back in my hometown for a week for vaccation. Ran with my brother (for the first time). 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I had a terrible run yesterday. I think my coming home from vacation exhaustion finally hit me. I did an excruciating 3.5 miles and called it a day. I’m doing yoga today so maybe that will help. My next run will be Saturday. Hopefully, it will be better. 
  • Options
    Hope so!
    Skipped a run this morning.  Didn't get to bed until almost midnight, out with the family at a game and then home for some work....and with everything else the 330 wake up wasn't going to help me today.  Think I may mow the lawns tonight - pushing the mower in the heat will get a workout in.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688
    ^^^Fabulous SC. Nice Sweden pics, too!
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    Back at it here. I went on vacation and ran only once in two weeks so it was tough to get back into it this week. When you don't have much mileage, cutting back a little feels like a lot. But I'm back in it. In the past, that would have been the quitting point for me so that I'm still running is pretty big for me! Especially in this NC heat. Going to start half-marathon training in a few weeks so still have that goal ahead. 
  • Options
    Great work!

And, agree, those pictures of where folks are running look amazing!
  • Options
    Back in my hometown for a week for vaccation. Ran with my brother (for the first time). 

That looks like a beautiful place to run 👌
  • Options
    Ran with my brother again

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Looks awesome.   Good work!

This heat we are having is brutal.  I weighed before and after an 8 mile run on Saturday morning.  Lost 6.7 pounds during it.  :lol:    drank loads of electrolytes and water to replenish that.
    Did 2 runs at the beach on sunday....a 5 mile banger, solo, and then a 2.5 mile jog with a bunch of family.  Was fun to jog with them.
    Monday off, back at it again this AM
    Wednesday morning run and then back at the shore....gonna run that gnarly bridge Thursday AM.  Shared pics last time I did it, I think but will do so again if I can.

Fun in the (crazy hot) sun!
  • Options
    Great jobs guys! 

Sorry I've been missing on here. I've been injured again for the past 6 weeks, got injured the week after my 5k (which I finished 3rd overall in).

Xray was negative on my pelvis, had an MRI today, pretty discouraged right now. Was planning on my first marathon in November, but that is out the window as I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to starting back running 
  • Options
    Great jobs guys! 

Sorry I've been missing on here. I've been injured again for the past 6 weeks, got injured the week after my 5k (which I finished 3rd overall in).

Xray was negative on my pelvis, had an MRI today, pretty discouraged right now. Was planning on my first marathon in November, but that is out the window as I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to starting back running 
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up soon. Sorry about the marathon. On another note, will I see you again at any of the upcoming PJ shows?

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Great jobs guys! 

Ugh! Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up soon. Sorry about the marathon. On another note, will I see you again at any of the upcoming PJ shows?

Thanks. MRI didn't show anything, will see what the next steps are.

We are going to hit Noblesville, you? 
  • Options
    Great jobs guys! 

That sucks. Give yourself time to heal.. the marathons are always there 👍
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Too hot to run/jog!  I can do up to 105, but beyond that...no way!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Great jobs guys! 

Thanks. MRI didn't show anything, will see what the next steps are.

We are going to hit Noblesville, you? 
    I will be in Minnesota and Texas. I hope each day you are feeling better.

• Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    Well damn, I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday and it's killing me. Started taking Aleve 12 hour back pain med yesterday (otc). I was curious what others take for back or muscle pain if you take anything. Minor stuff, I don't take anything, but this is pretty bad. My PT says the symptoms are only that of a pulled muscle but as I'm going out of town tomorrow for four days, I won't be able to actually see her until the end of the week at the earliest. Hopefully this is much less severe by then.
  • Options
    Have had back issues in the past and didn't take pain medication they provided as I didn't want to do something that made it worse with the pain masked.
    Hope you recover quickly.

9 miles this AM, hot as balls. Included was back/forth on the bridge,  got some good elevation in.

• Options
    been ticking over for a couple of months now but tried to keep my mileage up, starting to get back into training mode now for a couple of events in the autumn/winter. 11 miles today with a negative split, felt great
  • Options
    Nice work!

Did the treading water thing for 1h 50min today.   Will hit 2 hours next Sunday.  Hardest part was that I had to take a leak for the last 35 mins.  sprinted out of the pool when time was up.  :lol:     
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited August 2023
    Nice work!

Did the treading water thing for 1h 50min today.   Will hit 2 hours next Sunday.  Hardest part was that I had to take a leak for the last 35 mins.  sprinted out of the pool when time was up.  :lol:     
    Lmao, great job. 

I went to the Orthopedist yesterday, need to do PT before insurance will allow the next tests to be covered. He said it could be something with the hip labrum. My discomfort has gotten worse in the past week even though I'm still resting it. Hopefully I get some answers soon.
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    Oh man, I hope you can get some answers soon.  Not knowing sucks, so hard.

Did 11 miles this morning...so humid.  Should have gone out before sun came up....or probably skipped the martinis last night.  Slow but steady.  Longest run of the year, feels good to start to build back up.
  • Options
    My wife and daughter are in Czech visiting family so I've decided on a couple of nights camping in North Wales Fri/Sat to get some beautiful running and hiking in (and some solo red wine drinking at camp)

Cannot wait to spend some time in this beautiful place
  • Options
    Sounds amazing, enjoy it!
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    My wife and daughter are in Czech visiting family so I've decided on a couple of nights camping in North Wales Fri/Sat to get some beautiful running and hiking in (and some solo red wine drinking at camp)

Cannot wait to spend some time in this beautiful place
    Have a great time. Post some photos.