Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,972
    beano.79 said:
    Got a 4 miles charity run with my daughter this Sunday ❤️ will be the slowest but probably most fun 4 miles I've ever run 😁
    So fun. That is great. I am sure you will have a blast. 
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 687
    Awesome!  Is she raising 💰?
    So, it's through our local pub... we pay £5 to run and all the money goes to a cancer charity. A few cold ones in the beer garden afterwards 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    beano.79 said:
    Awesome!  Is she raising 💰?
    So, it's through our local pub... we pay £5 to run and all the money goes to a cancer charity. A few cold ones in the beer garden afterwards 
    Ah, that is great!  I wanted to throw some money in the pot for her, if she was raising. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Almost 7 miles this morning and the heat was totally fucking brutal.  Went slow and easy but I really prefer to run before sun up, especially with the crazy heat and humidity.
  • Options
    I'm not crying.... It's just raining on my face....

So we finished the 4 mile fun run for charity, sitting outside the front of the pub having a drink while the winners medals were being presented at the back of the pub. A friend came round and told us Elishka has a medal for the girls category... Turns out she was 1st placed girl! ☺️

• Options
    Oh wow, that is awesome!!!
    She must have been so happy to participate but then to get 1st!

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,124

Was so close stopping by for a solo beer afterwards. But work early tomorrow. Happy to have run 10k again. Even though I feel somslooow
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    I'm not crying.... It's just raining on my face....

So we finished the 4 mile fun run for charity, sitting outside the front of the pub having a drink while the winners medals were being presented at the back of the pub. A friend came round and told us Elishka has a medal for the girls category... Turns out she was 1st placed girl! ☺️

That is so amazing. She takes after her dad. You must be so proud of her. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,687
    I jogged yesterday. I liked to run down by the creek but stopped for a bit after hearing a scary growl which was not from Milkshake, my pomeranian.

Recently, I did my second 5K and raised a bit for a homeless shelter provider. It was a walk in the park. I'll try a 10K next time.

Mostly, I did stand up paddle boarding this past spring and a few treks up the dusty hill. Really, though, it's swimming weather here, now!

Way to keep at it, my young swede friend! You got well defined abs yet?
  • Options
    Yay, just did another creek run. If it's not sitting on the couch, it counts!
  • Options
    tish said:

Recently, I did my second 5K and raised a bit for a homeless shelter provider. It was a walk in the park. I'll try a 10K next time.

What speed are you running at? I wanna try to get faster. But it's so haaaaard
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tish said:

You are getting faster,your times show that.  Just keep being consistent and you will get faster.  
    Also, in the extreme heat of summer, know that running times will generally be slower.  If you come close to pr-ing in a hot/humid environment you will 💯 be faster in the cooler months.

• Options
    (A pod I listened to this AM said that you could easily add 30 seconds on expected mile times when running in the high humidity areas.)
    Good to keep in mind.  
  • Options
    Yeah. Will try to run under the hour before september. My goal for the summer. Even with the heat :)
  • Options
    Always good to push and I am certain you will be under an hour, soon.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    tish said:

Hmm... not sure, don't care?
    I'll have to get a friend with a fancy gizmo to time it, next time!
    Now, about those rock haaarrrrd abs...

I'm sorry, I was trying to give up the s3xual innuendos... but it's well...soooo....HARD!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    What in-ear earphones are everyone using? 

The ones I used (and liked) gave up on one of the buds. PERFECT for running, but not the best quality on the cable/wire it turned out :/

So I bought a new pair of Sony, a step up price wise, still with a neckband. But they were not made for running it turned out. Impossible to use, even walking makes the battery and the control-thing which are located lower on these ones and with a much longer cable, bungujymp around and go crazy and sooner than later end up both (battery/controller thing) over one of my shoulders, or down the back or whatever. The store refuses to take them back because they have been opened/used... well well.. Can't run with them.

So I need to buy a second new pair. I wanna stick with Sony mainly because it's the only headphones/earbuds I have had that has flawless blutooth.

So thinking of buying these. A bit scared they will not fit snuck enough, and fall out when running. But they are priced great:

My brother thinks I should buy a pair of Sennheiser:

• Options
    I run to the sounds of nature... gotta hear those sneaky, scary animals!
  • Options
    tish said:
    Hmm. Is this sexual?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I used jbls for years but they always malfunction.   
    Very much a fan of the tethered in ear pieces.

I ordered some Oladance open ear "wearable stereo" and actually like them a lot.  Surprised myself. 
     If you are running around others they will laugh, since it is loud as hell, but I can hear cars or other stuff around at the same time as hearing loud music.
    Only thing I don't love is that when my fingers are wet from sweating the controls don't always work easily.  Given that I got the hang of it, now. It doesn't bother me.
    Battery time kills the JBLs as well.  16 hours.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    tish said:
    Hmm. Is this sexual?
    No, just your use of the word haaard reminded me of the joke that cracked u and Westcoastgirl up...

S3xual is an innuendo, though 😁
  • Options
    Good news. I got my A1C back to normal range. No longer prediabetic. Now I can eat a few more carbs and hopefully get my weight up 5 more pounds. Once I get my weight up I will increase my running miles again. I still have to watch how many calories I burn so it’s not too many. 
  • Options
    Great news!
    Don't run outside this week.  I bet I lost 3-4 pounds each run and then drank it back in water all morning.  Sweat city!
  • Options
    Great news!
    Don't run outside this week.  I bet I lost 3-4 pounds each run and then drank it back in water all morning.  Sweat city!
    I have been running inside since it has gotten hot anyway. I will be in Costa Rica next week where it is in the 90's so I will definitely be using the treadmill at the resort gym.

• Options
    I love CR.  Enjoy it!  (And holy hell, it cam be hot/humid there)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I love CR.  Enjoy it!  (And holy hell, it cam be hot/humid there)
    I was there in 2018 and had a great time. I can’t wait to get there. I will just beat the heat at the beach and the pool. 
  • Options
    Yesterday was 8 miles in the heat.  I'd find it easier to do double that in cool weather.  Quite the slog.
    This morning I did 80 minutes of treading water and then went to a 2 mile jog with the 9 yr old
    That was fun.  
    Have a 5k Wednesday night.  Going to try to PR but I expect to be at least a minute off, maybe more, with the heat and humidity.  Should be fun, regardless

• Options

Bought a pair of trail shows. 

Also new in-ears. Second chance. Let’s hope these are snuck. 

• Options
    Snazzy looking kicks!
  • Options
    As I'm not training for any races at the moment I decided to do a hard effort 10k to see where I am pace-wise. 

I was thinking around 43mins would be about right but I was closer to 46mins 😁 while this isn't suprising after the type of training and races I've done recently.... But I'm going to have some fun over the next couple of months working on it until I start my next training block.

Also picked up some saucony triumph 20 at almost half price! They seem great, thaybe got some pop to them and feel great picking up the pace