Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    edited January 2022
    Step 1: PJ announces updated tour dates.
    Step 2:  Book flights with prior canceled flight credits
    Step 3:  PJ postpones shows due to Omicron 3
    Step 4:  Cancel flights and use credits to fly to Florida before they expire.  Nothing gets canceled in Florida. 

This is what vacations will be going forward.  People born after 2020 will not know what vacations used to be like unless going to Disney World.

Okay, back to the four hour on hold time with Delta.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,798
    Step 4:  Cancel flights and use credits to fly to Florida before they expire.  Nothing gets canceled in Florida. 

This is what vacations will be going forward.  People born after 2020 will not know what vacations used to be like unless going to Disney World.

Hope you do not get hung up on like I did over an hour in waiting. Why companies do not have the call back option is beyond me. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648

Thursday also saw the postponement of GroundUP Music Festival. The three-day event at Miami, FL’s North Beach Bandshell has moved from its originally scheduled dates of February 11th–13th.’

In addition to axing its two-night stand at The Fillmore Miami in Florida, Umphrey’s McGee has also canceled a pair of shows in New York City set for early January 2022.’

‘iHeartRadio canceled its final Jingle Ball Tour date this weekend, which was set to take place at FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, FL on Sunday, December 19th. Event organizers cited rising concerns with the COVID-19 Omicron variant.‘

• Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    PJNB said:
    Is this the week? :confused:
    Gotta think it's tomorrow or Tuesday. or next week. or the next at the latest. Mega events still happening across the US and the world, would find it hard to believe there is any chance of the 2022 dates getting postponed unless an apocalyptic covid variant surfaces. There's no way the dates aren't already finalized and locked in. Imagine we aren't getting many rumors cause the traditional leakers are working from home during covid and don't have that inside info access they would normally have. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,206
    PJNB said:
    Is this the week? :confused:
    Gotta think it's tomorrow or Tuesday. or next week. or the next at the latest. Mega events still happening across the US and the world, would find it hard to believe there is any chance of the 2022 dates getting postponed unless an apocalyptic covid variant surfaces. There's no way the dates aren't already finalized and locked in. Imagine we aren't getting many rumors cause the traditional leakers are working from home during covid and don't have that inside info access they would normally have. 
    it doesn't feel that cut and dry... it feels like a mixed bag.   Some stuff is going on full speed ahead and some stuff is getting cancelled.

I feel like the new evolution of touring is precision.   If a wave is winding down, you need to plan, announce, and execute the tour within 2-3 months before the next f'ing wave.. lol.

I imagine PJ has the dates reserved, but with omicron surging and causing issues, once again, they're probably waiting to see what happens next.

I think that might start to get them.  The bands that toured last fall like the stones, foo fighters, and what not.  They kid of jumped on covid quieting down a bit, and toured quickly.   PJ might need to stop from over thinking it, to more that style.  Get a tour in a good window kind of thing.  I dunno.

As much stuff that is going on, lots of stuff is getting cancelled/postponed too.  It's still kind of a mess isn't it?  
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    @Zod. I wonder like your last line, "...still kind of a mess ...?" 
       -here's to it being able to be sorted out. 
       There's people who will be seeing them for their first time, &some who were gonna 
        add to their rare times, along w/ those looking forward to their next time(s) , friends, 
        families and solo-goers, PJ-cationers, + + +. ----> hope you all get to, and can when
         the dates for these 2022 N American shows arrive. 

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    It's amazing watching this thread in real time and the DMB thread in real time as both sets of fans await possible dates to drop this week.
  • Options
    I don’t think the PJ dates are dropping this week.  I think it will be the week of 1/31.  Just a guess.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    If you listen to benaroya hall on vinyl backwards, you can hear the dates
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,941

eh, not quite.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,392
    Two shows in May that I would like to buy tickets for as long as they don’t interfere with PJ dates…

Please release them in January! :bawling:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,847
    :lol:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited January 2022
    How do I play catch-up on this thread?  I’m still on page 18.  I’ve got a family!  
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    How do I play catch-up on this thread?  I’m still on page 18.  I’ve got a family!  
    Save yourself the time. You are missing nothing. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Basically there are posts about other bands announcing tours, other bands cancelling shows, a few people going down the covid rabbit hole, and announcements of radio stations teasing a show, which is never PJ. I think the only unconfirmed valid rumor is that Baltimore may be postponed due to arena renovations. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
     =)  =)   Needed a laugh !!  
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    hihobibo said:
    Basically there are posts about other bands announcing tours, other bands cancelling shows, a few people going down the covid rabbit hole, and announcements of radio stations teasing a show, which is never PJ. I think the only unconfirmed valid rumor is that Baltimore may be postponed due to arena renovations. 
    Thanks and thanks.   Wasn’t sure if some new dates were all but confirmed.  
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    hihobibo said:
    Someone also mentioned NYC is being booked for the fall (I think November?). So the original tour may be split up pre Europe and post Europe.

Will Royal Farms Arena in Bmore be open by fall? Maybe they do eats coast then.

Go Animal also has a pure speculation tour schedule thread.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    edited January 2022
    hihobibo said:
    The thread you'll really want to pay attention to is the one where people that held onto tickets the entire time end up with worse seats than people that purchase after the second on sale.  ;)
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Unfounded rumor, COVID, anti-mask, anti-vax, more unfounded rumors, wishful thinking, COVID fight, your post

Now you are caught up.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    edited January 2022
    Gibson said:
    hihobibo said:
    The thread you'll really want to pay attention to is the one where people that held onto tickets the entire time end up with worse seats than people that purchase after the second on sale.  ;)
    Or the thread if the $100 ticket is now a $1000 platinum ticket during the second on sale. 
    Post edited by uglybabo on
  • Options
    May is looking good COVID wise. Cases dropping on the east coast, plateauing in the Midwest…couple more weeks and the west coast will start dropping too. Hospitalizations look like they have peaked and will plateau in the next 30 days. Time to start dropping dates
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    I'm sure it's been posted some place here already, but sounds hopeful for plenty of touring ahead and a new album. 

In a recent interview with MOJO, Eddie Vedder revealed that Pearl Jam’s next album will be produced by Andrew Watt, the producer of Earthling, Vedder’s new album due out on February 11th.
    We’ll make a record with Andrew, I believe. We’re already talked about it. You know, the pandemic came right we were leaving for a tour on the Gigaton record,” Eddie said,“We had a lot of shows planned. Two-thirds of those shows were put on sale, even. So one thing we’ll be doing in 2022 in making good on promises to play those shows. Then, in between, I think we’ll be recording, because now we’ve got a strong, healthy ambition to do so.”
    Eddie also added that Pearl Jam will play a lot for a year or two, pandemic permitting, and then slow down a bit and focus on recording their new studio album, the twelfth of their career.

• Options
    I'm sure it's been posted some place here already, but sounds hopeful for plenty of touring ahead and a new album. 

In a recent interview with MOJO, Eddie Vedder revealed that Pearl Jam’s next album will be produced by Andrew Watt, the producer of Earthling, Vedder’s new album due out on February 11th.
    We’ll make a record with Andrew, I believe. We’re already talked about it. You know, the pandemic came right we were leaving for a tour on the Gigaton record,” Eddie said,“We had a lot of shows planned. Two-thirds of those shows were put on sale, even. So one thing we’ll be doing in 2022 in making good on promises to play those shows. Then, in between, I think we’ll be recording, because now we’ve got a strong, healthy ambition to do so.”
    Eddie also added that Pearl Jam will play a lot for a year or two, pandemic permitting, and then slow down a bit and focus on recording their new studio album, the twelfth of their career.

I don’t recall ever seeing the 2/3 figure before.  That’s interesting as it implies at least 8 additional shows.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options

I don’t recall ever seeing the 2/3 figure before.  That’s interesting as it implies at least 8 additional shows.  
    More than that factoring in Europe. More like 16-18 shows added on for the fall 2020 tour. What a year that would have been. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Tacit confirmation of the "states that couldn't get their electoral shit together in 2016" tour we heard rumors about. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Tacit confirmation of the "states that couldn't get their electoral shit together in 2016" tour we heard rumors about. 
    Interesting that there are rumours of an east coast tour in the fall now. Wonder how many of those that were scheduled for fall 2020 are getting the axe if any. Some will be pushed till 2023 I suppose.  
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,486
    PJNB said:

More than that factoring in Europe. More like 16-18 shows added on for the fall 2020 tour. What a year that would have been. 
    Rather than actual amounts of dates, I'm sure Ed was just speaking in general terms.  They had NA scheduled for early Spring, then Europe in Summer so that's the "2/3rds".  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:

Rather than actual amounts of dates, I'm sure Ed was just speaking in general terms.  They had NA scheduled for early Spring, then Europe in Summer so that's the "2/3rds".  
    True but they were not just doing 8 shows in the fall. They had a full leg planned but ya 2 out of the 3 legs were already for sale.