Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Seven hours post-Moderna booster shot.  It's starting to kick in like some kind of weird drug.  Ah, but it beats the alternative.  Such a minor inconvenience compared to... oh, I don't know... death?  Ah huh.
    Hope your feeling better tomorrow than I was the 2nd day!  Glad you got it, definitely better than the alternative.

Thanks PJP.  Just hoping I'm OK by Thursday.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    Had a dr visit and we had a conversation about boosters, it was pretty interesting. I told her I had t got my booster because I had Covid about a month ago, seemed like it would be a smart to live off my natural immunity for a couple months then get the booster once that starts to fade.  I asked how well is the booster regulated and how often can you get it. Here’s where it got interesting. She said it’s not and I can go into any place giving it every 5-6 months and receive the booster, they won’t know.
    Those who got it, is that true? They didn’t mark you bad card with a booster stamp or anything? Seems so odd that they monitored the first shots so closely then they don’t monitor the booster at all?

Damn, dude, where is that?  Certainly not around here.  We are required to register on line to make an appointment and then show our vacc card.  My card was updated today when I got the booster.  What a bummer that the whole thing is so lax elsewhere.
    I don’t know if it is that lax, it didn’t sound right to me.  Was curious what other’s experiences were. I figured they’d track and register it, my dr must have been mistaken.
    In MA we had to register online for our first two shots in the spring as well as our booster, were required to bring our Vax cards for the 2nd shot & booster which they marked all three times and we went through a pretty lengthy registration process for the 1st shot & the booster (got the 2nd shot at the same place as the first, so no registration process) 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    brianlux said:
    Seven hours post-Moderna booster shot.  It's starting to kick in like some kind of weird drug.  Ah, but it beats the alternative.  Such a minor inconvenience compared to... oh, I don't know... death?  Ah huh.
    I had very mild symptoms for the first two Moderna shots, but my booster last Thursday was different. That night I got body aches and chills. The next day they were gone, but I had a mild headache and sore throat that lasted until Saturday afternoon. Sunday and Monday I was congested. Nothing crazy, but unexpected based on my previous shots. I agree with you though, it does beat the alternative.    
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    brianlux said:
    Brian, I got a Moderna booster shot yesterday. Twelve hours later, I woke up with chills. Today I have zero appetite, fatigue, a slightly sore arm, and a slight headache.
    Hope you are feeling better!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    Can Anyone here outside of the US provide some insight into what’s going in with these lockdowns and the protests across Europe? 
    This seemed like a big deal. I guess it’s not? 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Can Anyone here outside of the US provide some insight into what’s going in with these lockdowns and the protests across Europe? 
    It's probably a bigger deal to US media outlets than it is to actual Europeans? 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have friends losing their minds in other countries over this.  
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    How though? Extremely high vaccination rates with lockdowns being put back in place? Massive protests in response? I don’t know. I guess I should be more focused on trump. 
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I have friends losing their minds in other countries over this.  
    Yea their response certainly doesn’t seem like it’s not a big deal to them. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    How though? Extremely high vaccination rates with lockdowns being put back in place? Massive protests in response? I don’t know. I guess I should be more focused on trump. 
    I'm just making an assumption based on the crickets from our European posters in response to your question.

In that sense, it seems like the Australian protests a few months ago were also exaggerated by US media outlets.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited November 2021
    I wish we had lockdowns. But we are too fuckin dumb. So i can't  comment  on europe . Actually  we do have protests about any damn thing  . Both sides
     Makes no difference 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm just making an assumption based on the crickets from our European posters in response to your question.

In that sense, it seems like the Australian protests a few months ago were also exaggerated by US media outlets.
    I hear you. I hope they’re exaggerated. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

We had better figure that out before we invade…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/10/23/candace-owens-suggests-invading-australia-to-free-people-from-covid-19-precautions/amp/
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

We had better figure that out before we invade…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/10/23/candace-owens-suggests-invading-australia-to-free-people-from-covid-19-precautions/amp/
    Holy shit. Lol. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    the lockdowns are in response to record high covid case numbers. it's simple math. 

how is this extremely high vaccination rates?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

the best country has 180 doses per 100 people. and it falls off from there. "extremely high" would be like 95% or so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• We have high  vax and 3rd dose rates yet  still its stupid levels
     Its the schools. And the  parents /grandparents  getting  it from  the  kids. Because  our  country  and schools have zero measures. Shut windows  because  its cold  and people here  are ignorant 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    brianlux said:
    Brian, I got a Moderna booster shot yesterday. Twelve hours later, I woke up with chills. Today I have zero appetite, fatigue, a slightly sore arm, and a slight headache.
    Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks!  I feel just plane lousy but not as bad as I did 5 hours ago.  I woke up early and had severe lower back pain, and intense headache, feverish feeling, and nausea.  That was how I felt after the second Moderna jab but for an entire day and a half.  The fact that I all of these symptoms seem to be reducing now might mean I'll get to participate in Thanksgiving tomorrow at my sister's place.  I'm hoping!
    I hope your symptoms are fairly short lived, stuckinline.  Seems I've heard that for most people, the worst of it is over after 24 hours, so hopefully will put you at past half way there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Thanks Brian!
    Thanks Brian!

You bet!  :hug:

I'm still feeling ass-whooped from the booster so time to go veg in from of the tube, lol. 
    Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!
    Same to all, good people!

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited November 2021
    I think the odds of PJ playing AMS in July are getting lower by the day... 

--Wed, November 24, 2021, 7:40 AM

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) -The Dutch government will announce new measures on Friday to tackle a surge in coronavirus infections that is putting pressure on hospitals, Health Minister Hugo de Jonge said.

Although some 85% of the adult Dutch population has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, new cases hit a record high of 23,709 in 24 hours on Wednesday, official data showed.

Weekly figures released on Tuesday had already shown an almost 40% rise in cases in the past week.

"The infection rate is higher than ever before," De Jonge said in a letter to parliament. "Hospital admissions keep exceeding expectations and we have not seen the worst yet."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/netherlands-set-impose-stricter-covid-134028693.html
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• regarding booster shots:

World Health Organization officials repeated their protests Tuesday against Covid-19 booster shots for the general public, even as the U.S. readies this week to authorize their distribution across a wide swath of America.

The WHO strongly opposes the widespread rollout of booster shots, asking that wealthier nations instead give extra doses to countries with minimal vaccination rates. The U.S. has already administered over 2 million third doses nationwide, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and an advisory panel to the Food and Drug Administration unanimously recommended boosters on Friday for anyone 65 and older.

“What WHO is arguing is that booster doses in the general population, who had wide access to vaccines, who have already been vaccinated, is not the best bet right now,” Dr. Mike Ryan, director of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said during a live Q&A aired Tuesday on the organization’s social media channels.

Ryan reiterated the WHO’s support for third doses administered to the elderly, medically vulnerable people and anyone needing an immune system boost after a full Covid vaccine regimen. He reiterated the organization’s calls for a moratorium on booster shots through the end of the year to give nations enough time to immunize at least 40% of their populations against Covid.

WHO repeats warning against Covid booster shots for healthy people (cnbc.com)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    It’s been one week since my son started feeling symptoms! He’s double vaccinated but not the booster and the virus hit him pretty hard loss sense of smell & taste he is getting his energy levels back. But still this virus is brutal and me I don’t have any symptoms even though I was directly exposed to him last Thursday..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    It’s been one week since my son started feeling symptoms! He’s double vaccinated but not the booster and the virus hit him pretty hard loss sense of smell & taste he is getting his energy levels back. But still this virus is brutal and me I don’t have any symptoms even though I was directly exposed to him last Thursday..

Best wishes for your son, J,  And I hope you stay well!

• Typical  now i had  an mrna booster and have had chest pains for a week.  now loads of shit everywhere about heart problems.  Not what a guy like me can handle
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Typical  now i had  an mrna booster and have had chest pains for a week.  now loads of shit everywhere about heart problems.  Not what a guy like me can handle

Damn, Rob, that's not good- I'm sorry to hear that.  Have the chest pains been diagnosed as heart issues?  If not, maybe it's tension or stress.  I thought I had heart issues a few years back and went to see a cardiologist and he said it was stress, not heart.  Not that stress is good, but it would be better for you than heart disease if that turns out to be the case.  Hoping for the best for you, good man.

These booster can be nasty.  I had the Moderna booster Tuesday and although I'm functioning OK, I feel totally like crap.  Last night I could only sleep 3 hours. 

Hang in there, buddy!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Typical  now i had  an mrna booster and have had chest pains for a week.  now loads of shit everywhere about heart problems.  Not what a guy like me can handle
    I hear ya. my mind works the same. hell, I was having chest pains just yesterday. but remember, if you can feel the pain with your finger when pressing on your ribs, it's not the heart. it's anxiety. and also, legit heart problem pain gets progressively worse; it doesn't stay the same. so if you've had it for a week, it's just your anxiety, not your heart. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I had  ecg all normal but its eating me up . With this all over the news atm how these vaccines look to damage the heart  at an alarming rate. I dont  know whats real anymore
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    regarding booster shots:

World Health Organization officials repeated their protests Tuesday against Covid-19 booster shots for the general public, even as the U.S. readies this week to authorize their distribution across a wide swath of America.

The WHO strongly opposes the widespread rollout of booster shots, asking that wealthier nations instead give extra doses to countries with minimal vaccination rates. The U.S. has already administered over 2 million third doses nationwide, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and an advisory panel to the Food and Drug Administration unanimously recommended boosters on Friday for anyone 65 and older.

“What WHO is arguing is that booster doses in the general population, who had wide access to vaccines, who have already been vaccinated, is not the best bet right now,” Dr. Mike Ryan, director of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said during a live Q&A aired Tuesday on the organization’s social media channels.

Ryan reiterated the WHO’s support for third doses administered to the elderly, medically vulnerable people and anyone needing an immune system boost after a full Covid vaccine regimen. He reiterated the organization’s calls for a moratorium on booster shots through the end of the year to give nations enough time to immunize at least 40% of their populations against Covid.

Been watching Dr John Campbell on Yt, he brought this up as well.   Suggest watching his posts
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Nami said:
    regarding booster shots:

Been watching Dr John Campbell on Yt, he brought this up as well.   Suggest watching his posts
    I watch dr.john also. Good man
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

This discussion has been closed.